August 2, 2014 | 991 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Missmolina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this and I was really excited to try it since I've heard so much about it. I also didn't want to purchase it because it is quite expensive. The smell was a shock. I thought maybe I got a bad batch until I read the reviews. It is nothing special. Not particularly moisturizing, just average. But the smell for me was unbearable and a definite deal breaker. Will not purchase

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow this stuff is unbelievable awful. I've tried many, many moisturisers over the years and while none of them have worked that well for me this one just takes the cake. It smells like cheap plastic, feels greasy and uncomfortable on my skin, and broke me out in a rash. i think I've had more luck slathering diprobase all over my face!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by kpennock

First off, I like this product. I don't love it though. A little about my skin...I have combination skin big time (dry cheeks and flakey forehead, oil slick around my nose and chin), I am also very pale, my skin can be sensitive at times and is acne prone at times.

Now for the review..... the scent is strong at first. I don't like the smell BUT it does disappear within a couple minutes. It is a little thicker than my daily moisturizer. If my face is looking a lil flakier or drier I will use it otherwise in the daytime it won't work for me. It makes my face too shiny and greasy looking on a normal day. I have NOT noticed it breaking me out BUT I don't use it every day. I will use the jar I have and next winter, I probably will buy another. Either way, it works GREAT as a night moisturizer it just has some drawbacks as I mentioned. There are better moisturizers but this one isn't the worst by far.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by silverbelle282

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Indian, NC40-42, dark brown eyes and black hair for reference. I truly love this moisturizer. It keeps me hydrated all day, my skin feels so soft, and I really love the scent. Used it years ago when I received it as a gift, and then in true beauty addict fashion tried several other face creams for kicks. Have just started another jar of this, and was reminded of how much I love it. I will definitely buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by MaryMarvel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I was excited about this product since I love Philosophy. But it just didn't work for me at all. First of all, the biggest turn off for me is the scent. It's just... gross. I'm very sensitive for scents and I disliked this too much. Even when this product is applied in a small amount, I can smell it all day. Ick!

On another note I was using this during winter, when my skin was getting very dry. It failed to moisturise my skin. I had the small size of this product, so I could carry it in my pocket. (haha! All the things I carry on myself...) I kept applying it, but my skin remained dry none the less. So I guess this isn't a suitable product for dry skins, which is ironic since it's meant to moisturise.

I cannot say I recommend this. ><

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by l098899

I have to say something about this baby. I totally love it and its my most favorite moisturizer so far ( for the record I haven't tried la mer or any other extremely high end products). I use it twice a day and as long as I used it today nothing else in my skincare process matters. I am not exaggerating, I have normal to dry skin, this moisturizer is able to keep my face moisturizing whole day, not greasy or dry. Also, I can really notice that my skin tone is brighter than before not kidding, even my mom feels the same way. I am used to applying it all over my face including the eye area, and that usually irritates my eyes to tear a little, i know its weird but i kind of like that cause i tend to think that there are some medical effects in the products. As for the smell which a lot of people hate, I just found it the least important thing for a facial product cause it is not gonna last for more than 30 seconds after applying. The price is soooo fair, I always got the 8oz jar (which just went up to $115) on the 30% off code, and it could last for 4 months. In the night time, I always mix this with the philosophy c powder. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by franceslopez92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after reading all the amazing reviews online. And i really thought i was going to like it, but the smell is just way too strong. My boyfriend would not want to even get close to me because it has a very unique smell. I stopped using it and started using a different one. I hope that i can go back and use it a couple of times before i decide to throw it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by CinnamonDish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I have fairly clear skin but tend to break out with all different sorts of products.This is one of the few moisturizers that I've tried that doesn't break me out. Everything from the most recommended gentle moisturizers to very high end products leave me with clogged pores and a red rash looking breakout. Hope in a Jar doesn't break me out at all and leaves me with soft skin and a beautiful glow. My skin used to be oily on my cheeks and super dry around my nose and mouth but I find that this really helps to even out the consistency of my skin. Everyone is different and this product just happens to do miracles for me! The packaging could be improved but I don't find it awful as I put on my moisturizer right after I wash my hands and no one else puts thier fingers in the jar so not too big of a deal for me in terms of being unsanitary. The scent also does not bother me although I suppose a completely fragrance free scent would be ideal. Price is on the higher end but worth it to me for the simple fact that this moisturizers is one of the very few that does not break me out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by jakelovesmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this face cream after reading the reviews (and since it's one of Oprah's fave products). Unfortunately it really wasn't for me. I hated the smell, and found it did not absorb into my skin, rather sitting on top like a filmy layer. I gave it a few tries and had the same results. Too bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

The consistency of this product is like whipping cream, which is something I find gorgeous about Hope in a Jar. However, I am glad I asked for a sample of this before I slurged and bought the whole jar.

If you have ever tried Clique Dramatically Different Lotion and gel, I would say this is the perfect "in-between" moisturizer you can get. I 'm not particularly fond of the scent of this product, and that's saying a lot because I've never had that reaction toward any makeup or skincare product.

If I liked the product enough I could get past it. Unfortunately, I don't. Though my skin feels supple after I use it, it leave a very slight greasy reside I do not like. For $53 those are factors I simply can't over come. Which is a shame because other than the grease factor it would have been perfect for the winter time.

For a reference I have normal skin, this will more than likely work perfectly for someone with drier skin.