Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 9/14/2013 2:45:00 AM

I started using this right before bed and before my makeup routine, my face had never been clearer. It's pricey, but for the effect it had on my skin it was well worth it

on 9/11/2013 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Overpriced and did nothing for me and I had such high hopes for the cost

on 9/8/2013 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

great product! i noticed a difference after just a few days of using it once a day. it made my skin look plumper, more even, and rosier. i've only been using it for a few weeks, and am excited to see what's in store with longer use. the only thing that sucks is the ridiculous jar format. we all know the reasons why. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I received a travel-size jar as part of a gift and I don't think I would've purchased this on my own. It does moisturize and soften skin but it's nothing special, certainly not for the price of the full-sized jar. It doesn't do anything different than any other moisturizer. The smell is off-putting (I think it smells like a dog) but it eventually goes away.

on 9/3/2013 10:54:00 AM

I had such high "hopes" for this as it is such a cult product. However, I did not like it at all. I use mostly unscented products, so am used to not having makeup or lotions that smell like flowers or lovely things (hello clinique!), however, the scent of this made me feel ill as it was SO strong and lingered. It also lingered on my hands despite washing them multiple times. The best I can describe it is similar to hair dye in a salon. My eyes also started burning and tearing after I put it on my face, and I did NOT put the cream anywhere near my eyes! I had to flush them out. Not sure what caused this but haven't experienced that before... The consistency was strange (gel? cream? lotion?), but that isn't really an issue just something I wasn't expecting. Once the cream sank into my face (took about 30 min's) it felt lovely though. Shame about the burning eyes and scent :(.

on 8/14/2013 7:39:00 PM

After seeing this as one of Oprah's "Favorite Things" I ran out immediately and bought the largest size. It was o.k.. Nothing special. I think there are much cheaper products sitting ion drug store shelves that work just as well.

on 8/14/2013 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

No hope here. Bought a travel size container at Sephora. I didn't mind the Lavender scent but some might. After using it for several weeks I found no difference on skin texture. No clarity, brightness, smoothness, nothing. Ill only use it at night as my face is oily and my makeup will melt off if I use it as a day cream.

on 8/13/2013 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

As much as I loved the way it smelled and felt, there are so many less expensive options that do the same thing, if not more. It smelled somewhat like lavender and was very calming and felt great, not too thick and not too greasy. As a cheaper alternative, I'd recommend Sephora brand Instant Moisturizer which doesn't smell as nice (it's unscented but I still smell a little goodness in it) but works just as well and is 20 for a large can, which lasts me a long time with daily use. The same size of Hope in a Jar would probably cost me 50 or more.

on 8/11/2013 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm very glad I bought this in a smaller size, because I didn't like it much. The smell wasn't that bothersome to me, though it wasn't fabulous either. My real issue was that I did not like the way it covered. It took a lot of the moisturizer to cover my entire face. It wasn't too harsh on my extremely sensitive and acne prone skin, but it didn't seem to help it either.

Overall, it wasn't worth the money and I'll be looking for something else. Try it though, you may like it. By somehow it's reeeeeally popular... so you might be in the majority!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I actually do like this moisturizer, but it isn't my favorite. The smell is nice, and so is the consistency. It's good-ish at hydrating. But this kinda sits on the surface of your skin and sometimes it rolls (balls up on your face). I also feel like I had to use a lot. On really humid days, this makes your skin look weird ( I don't know why). It's a pretty good moisturizer though, I kind of like it. I would recommend this to someone with mild to moderate sensitive skin.