April 16, 2014 | 1399 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My sensitive skin loves this fragrance free cleanser. Super hydrating, I never feel tight or dry after using it. The large 12 ounce pump-style bottle is both convenient and economical retailing for about $12 dollars. This is truly a luxury product in the drugstore aisle.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Melanie9942

Gently cleans and leaves my skin fresh! Really gentle and is a miracle for my eczema since it is eczema approved. It has visibly improved my eczema and is great for winter dry skin! I have combo skin, oily in summer, dry in winter and this is def my winter cleanser. Only complain is you have to scrub for your waterproof mascara to come off. It eventually does but takes some time. Also, it's too gentle and non foaming for my clarisonic Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by BRoberts0107

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry, sensitive skin with rosacea. This product removes my makeup (not waterproof - that takes an eye makeup remover) and leaves my skin feeling great. I only use it on my face, so the big bottle lasts a LONG time, so the cost is very reasonable. I use many of CeraVe's products and am happy with them all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

i LOVE LOVE LOVE this product! It does not cause dryness, irritation or redness. My dermatologist suggested this product to me while I was using retinol to clear my acne. Within just a few uses, my skin complexion appeared to be more even, less blotchy, and less dry. I love that this product has hyaluronic acid in it because it absorbs the moisturize in your skin and locks it in. This ingredient helps repair and regenerate my problematic skin that suffers from dryness and scars. Everyone should go out and buy this, it is a 10/10 product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by SkinSense78

I love this product, it is inexpensive and effective in cleansing my skin without stripping or irritating. At the same time, I can see how this would be problematic if you had a lot of makeup to remove because it's likely too gentle to remove a full face of makeup.

I love it and will continue to buy, super gentle, super effective for what I use a cleanser for.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by AuntJackie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I look at some of the reviews this product has gotten and I'm blown away! I don't understand how it's worked on so many people with some of the same symptoms that I have. I have rosacea that acts up really badly in the winter and I have acne prone skin. Not only did this product dry out my skin even further making my rosacea look worse but it made me break out so much that it looked like I had an allergic reaction on my face! I don't know why it reacted so negatively on my skin but it's obviously a product I will never use again and something that people with rosacea and acne prone skin should keep an eye on because this product does not work on all of us the same. It's also about $14 for the bottle so it was a lot of money to throw away for nothing! Bummed!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Make sure you are washing the product of your skin fully, as with any cleanser it may clog your pores if you do not rinse thourougly enough. For reference I have dry, sensitive skin with bouts of hormonal break outs around my chin and cheeks. If your considering this cleanser and you are trying to pick between Cetaphil and CerVe, just go with CerVe I personally had breakouts with Cetaphil.

P.S. I really like that this cleanser comes in a bottle with pump included, very convienent. No frills packaging which can be a put off to many, but let the Cermaides and Hyluranic acid speak for themselves..This cleanser also lasts a very good amount of time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this and use it all over in the shower and to wash my face in the morning. I have very dry skin and since I started using it, I feel so much better. Afterwards, I use Cerave Lotion all over while still wet, which is a rather light lotion that works better than many heavier ones. I use it mostly as a body lotion, but it is fine as a facial lotion too. These products have really changed my life and it's winter and I am very, very dry normally. Even in summer I am very dry. My husband loves it as a facial cleanser and he has somewhat oily skin. I love it as a hand soap too as I wash my hands a lot and they used to hurt so and crack. The only thing it is not good for is taking of heavy make up, especially eye makeup, so I use Kiehl's Ultra Cleanser for that or Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser. This is a great product. It could be tad cheaper, but when you think how good it is, I'd probably pay more for it. I go through a lot of it and am hooked. This really does keep protect your skin and has not caused any breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by wendigrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this as my only cleanser for about 3 months now. I originally meant to buy the foaming cleanser so when I first used this one it was kinda off putting. Its doesn't suds up at all. I decided to use it up as fast as I could and then purchase the foaming cleanser. Well between then and now I fell in love with it! Lol. Its very gentle on your skin so it doesn't remove makeup well but if I don't wear makeup all day and then clean my face with it I feel like it cleans my skin adequately. My current routine is to use this in the morning and use a cold cream at night. The bottle has lasted a long time and I love using my clarisonic with this too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My dermatologist recommended this cleanser to combat my hormonal acne and I love this stuff.
Note: as other reviewers have mentioned, this cleanser does not remove makeup very well.
I take a slightly wet cotton pad and pump some of the product onto the pad and massage it in circles to remove my makeup. I do this twice to remove the majority of my concealer, powder, etc.
I use Shiseido cotton pads which are very gentle.

I then pump some of the product into my hands and gently massage the face to remove the final traces of makeup.

My skin feels soft afterwards. I've tried Cetaphil and I think that made me break out. (my skin is very sensitive and I have rosacea)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No