CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 2/24/2014 12:41:00 PM

I've been using this for three days; twice a day morning and night. Saw results immediately. Skin flaking has signifigantly reduced and the overall redness in my face has subsided as well. Be warned this is not a lathering foamy wash, in fact it feels and looks rather like a conditioner or lotion. And putting that right on your face will make you wary if you have oily skin but this has yet to cause a single breakout or pimple.
Due to oily skin I stay away from anything "hydrating" or "moisturizing", but recently I had a dry patch around my nose brought on by my liberal use of 90% alcohol to dry out huge pimples brought on by waxing my lip.... *sigh. In addition to acne, I had the wax pimples popping up, now that they were subsiding the alcohol had worked but all the dry flakes were there and even a clinique 7 day scrub wasn't taking them away. I decided somethign kind was now in order and saw this had decent reviewso n ulta. Came here to confirm then made ethe committment of $13 at a nearby target. I will continue use until summer time then alternate back with Nutrogena go-to orangey facial wash

on 2/23/2014 3:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love this stuff! It leaves me feeling clean and truly not stripped. In fact I find that Cetaphil dries me out even more than this. I would love to try other cleansers, but would probably always go back to this.

on 2/21/2014 9:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I love this cleanser! It's gentle, hydrating, and unscented. It doesn't strip my skin or leave it feeling tight after I wash. I've been using this for years. It costs about $13 for a 12-ounce bottle. I keep one on my bathroom sink and one in my shower, and I replace them maybe twice a year.

It does not remove makeup effectively, so you'll need to use a makeup remover first, but it is a gentle cleanser similar to Cetaphil with a few extra ingredients that are good for your skin.

on 2/20/2014 1:41:00 AM

After getting some pretty mild acne I went through all sorts of remedies, cleansers, etc. I have to say that I enjoy this the most.
This face wash is very gentle, and hydrating. I love the research behind it and I am comfortable knowing that my skin is in good hands.
I use this with my Foreo Luna Mini and it feels like such a nice facial massage. I also use it in conjunction with the moisturizing cream. My skin is left very soft and I don't see myself using any other product.
I bought this at BJs whole sale so I got two bottles for $17.99.
It's been two months of me using it and I haven't finished the first bottle yet.

on 2/12/2014 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my HG morning cleanser.

I have slightly oily, very sensitive skin. I break out in small flesh colored bumps and blackheads, never pimples.

This cleanser leaves my skin perfectly balanced - not oily, nor dry. It's too gentle at night to remove my makeup (concealer, powder, brow pencil, mascara, blush or Bronzer, and sometimes eyeshadow or eyeliner,) so I use a deeper cleanser with my Clarisonic at night. But for the morning, when my skin just needs a little refresher, this cleanser is perfect! Leaves my skin soft and ready for makeup. Reduces redness. Calms skin. Fragrance free. I love it(:

UPDATE: It's been a good solid 4 or 5 weeks of using this. Still my fav.

Update: a year of use. My HG for morning and night. Skin has never been clearer.

on 1/27/2014 1:56:00 PM

I began using this cleanser when I reintroduced cetaphil in my skincare regimen. My skin is currently recovering from a winter breakout (and perhaps the tragic result of experimenting with too many products) and while I initially started with Cetaphil, I bought this one because I found it far more gentle on my skin.

The consistency is very similar to cetaphil, it does not lather but it feels more like a cream cleanser. It is non-drying which is a plus! After I pat my face with a towel, my skin feels rehydrated and ready for my moisturizer.

The biggest plus is Cerave DOES NOT test on animals! This is my new HG cleanser.

on 1/25/2014 10:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Having a dermatitis condition on my face, I have to be careful not to irritate it. I've used Cetaphil for years and it's good, but there's something about the CeraVe that makes it better. I think it feels creamier on my skin and I just like the feel of my face after I've washed with it.

on 1/23/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This burns my skin on contact. Probably the alcohol in it. Don't understand how it's suppose to be gentle and hydrating. It makes my skin red and dry. I wouldn't recommend it if you have sensitive skin.

on 1/21/2014 3:28:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

CereVe makes a product dermatologists love and recommend! It is so mild...and it makes your face feel smooth and clean. I give their cleanser and moistener an a plus!! Priced quite reasonably, as well :)

on 1/12/2014 8:58:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product as I have used the lotion for years. However, it burned when I applied it to my skin. I gave it 3 tries and had the same reaction each time. My skin has been very dehydrated recently which is causing mild breakouts and this seemed to be very popular so I thought I would try it. Maybe my skin is just in a bad way right now. Maybe I will give it a try at another time.