August 22, 2014 | 1968 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by lulabell7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will probably use this for the rest of my life. My skin feels supple, soft, smooth, and I haven't had a pimple in three weeks. I also have super sensitive skin that gets red, dry, and irritated and now that is all in the past! woohoo (: love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by ASBLeen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive skin that tends to get congested and dry around my nose and forehead, but is fairly normal everywhere else. I switched from Purity to Cerave about three weeks ago, and my skin is SO happy!

I use this with my Clarisonic, and it works wonderfully. To do this, I remove all my make up with remover, wash my face once with Cerave, then apply facewash both to my face and my Clarisonic and wash. It is so gentle and so far, three weeks in, my sensitive skin has had no reaction.

I like this better than Cetaphil because the ingredients are much better. There seems to be more research behind the ingredients in Cerave than in Cetaphil. Also, with Cetaphil, my face never really felt clean; I know this just takes some getting used to but I think Cerave is just as gentle but leaves less of a film.

I pair it with a gentle Dermalogica tonor and follow with a moisturizer. Be sure to exfoliate since this gentle face wash obviously does not do that job :).

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by rachrachrach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Staying far away from cerave. Broke me out something awful. Thankfully, I always test on my chin and part if my neck, so no break out on my face. Still have lingering pimples a week out. I can't say if its the hydrating or foaming cleanser, or the lotions since I was desperate to try something new to help relieve my super dry skin, neither products helped in that department, either.

Oh I hate the texture and feeling of this! I OCM occasionally and the oily feeling doesn't bother me, but this stuff just feels odd on your face, and does not feel like I'm actually cleaning my face at all. My face did not feel any more hydrated after washing off, either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This cleanser is very good. I had tried cetaphil and didn't like it very much so never tried this until recently. This is nothing like cetaphil. I have sensitive skin and this has worked great. I wash my face twice at night ( to remove makeup) then once in the morning. I haven't had any redness at all. For me that is a major plus because most cleanser make my chin red. I've finished a bottle and will probably buy another.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Joanne1029

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never used this product just with my bare hands; I use the Sephora facial brush in conjunction (which I recommend). It's non-irritating and hydrating. My skin feels clean and refreshed after every use. The one setback is that if you didn't have a tool such as a facial brush, it would be difficult to remove your makeup. Nevertheless, I highly recommend this cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

This was a total DISASTER for my face. I had been recovering from the worst breakout of my life and had started retin-a a month ago and my skin was pretty irritated and peeling. Even Cetaphil was bothering it. I had heard amazing things about this. At first I loved it. It was so soothing and left my skin feeling incredible, soft, moisturized, and very happy.

Then the next day I had some bumps on my forehead. Not inflamed nasty zits, just some bumps. I thought, OK maybe it's something else. Then the next day I woke up with more clogged pores than I'd had in weeks and two MASSIVE zits in places I've never even had zits before. I gave it one week before giving up because I just had so much clogging and congestion. My skin was just going very downhill as a result of this cleanser.

I did a tea tree and clay masque and switched to another cleanser and the congestion got way better. What a shame, I REALLY wanted to like this. It's taken me over 2 weeks to recover from this disaster.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Mai333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My dermatologist gave me a sample of this a few weeks ago. Not only does it feel really strange when putting it on (really thick and lotion-y) it has also done little for my skin. Even though the redness eased up slightly when I first started using it I have actually been breaking out worse than ever. This is super un-fun since I'm starting a new job next week! My dermatologist also told me to never exfoliate even though when I've used St. Ives, sugar scrubs etc. in the past my skin felt much cleaner than with Cerave. I've heard that you have to use a product for three weeks to notice any kind of results, but I also believe that we know our skin better than that and if it's not working, it's not working.

I would not recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

MoonKitty wrote a great review below, summarizing the pros & cons of this cleanser.
It's a simple, straightforward, no-frills cleanser that does what it says: cleans without irritating or drying sensitive skin.
I have combo skin and trying to cut costs, bought this as a less-expensive replacement for my Clinique extra mild facial cleanser. I don't miss the clinique at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked the foaming cleanser, but sadly, it was a bit drying for my dehydrated oily skin. The hydrating cleanser, which has a very lotion-like consistency, isn't drying in the least bit, but I have been experiencing some breakouts.

I'm not sure what is causing my clogged pores but I suspect it is because the cleanser cannot break through the oil on my skin, or because of the slight film the cleanser leaves on my face.
In regard to my comment about oil: My skin is dehydrated but it is still very much oily skin. When I wake up in the morning, my T-zone is especially oily. If I try to use this cleanser, my skin still feels unclean and a bit slick, as if the cleanser cannot break through the oil on my face.

I guess it's a bit obvious, but I don't think this would be a very good cleanser for the very oily, either because it might not be effective against a good amount of oil, or because the slight film it leaves might be particularly clog-prone on oilier skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 3:38:00 AM More reviews by betteefelon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought this after switching to a higher percentage retinoid and experiencing too much sensitivity to use my old face washes for oily skin. My face was dry and peeling, and burned when I put on most products. This stuff hasn't irritated it (even Cetaphil bothers my skin sometimes) and leaves my skin feeling neither greasy nor parched, just clean. I like that it has some nice ingredients (hyaluronic acid, ceramides, niacinamide), but not sure how much they do since it's only on my face for a minute at a time. Still, a gentle, effective product. If I notice a rise in breakouts after using this for a longer period, I'll update. For now, though, I'm adding this to the rotation, along with my arsenal of CeraVe products, which are all pretty amazing as far as I can tell.