November 26, 2014 | 1702 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Zdelilo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using cerave hydrating cleanser followed by an acv solution for about a week now and my terrible acne has just about cleared up. Before I started, my skin appeared dry and was developing tiny red dots in random clusters around my cheeks and forehead. I knew then that I had to change my original clean and clear cleanser. I loved the squeeky clean feeling you get with a foaming cleanser but cerave's milky cleanser feels like you skin is literally drinking it. This morning I woke up and saw a clear, dewy face without make up and I just had to let you guys know. I use this in conjunction with the clarisonic Mia and braggs acv as a toner. Then I moisturizer with aveeno calming facial lotion. Good luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by risathompson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This cleanser does not remove make-up, and dont expect it to. I usually use this as a second cleanse or a morning cleanse. It is a gentle and effective cleanser for acne prone, dry and sensitive skin like me. It does not leave the skin dry or greasy like a lot of other cleansers I've tried. I switched from Cetaphil to this because the former contain SLS. I use this as part of the regime, as it does not irritate my skin while I use benzyl peroxide and other acne treatment.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by ylchag

Although this is not a cleanser I reach for regularly, it did serve me well recently. I had a facial and microdermabrasion (with A LOT of painful extractions) that left my face very red and sore afterward. I used this cleanser for the first 24 hrs, because it is so gentle and hydrating, but doesn't cause any breakouts (for me at least). Then I made the mistake of switching back to the regular Jan Marini bioglycolic line I had been using pre-facial - my skin was still too sensitive and reacted with dry patches all over. On top of that, I still had red spots from the extractions. I went back to the Cerave cleanser, with a muslin cloth to gently exfoliate the dry spots, and also used the Cerave moisturizing lotion. This combo brought my skin back to normal after a few more days and gave everything a chance to heal without further irritation. My skin was beautifully clear and smooth (thanks to that facial!) and I eventually went back to my regular skincare routine. Since I normally have combo-oily acne prone skin, this cleanser is not thorough enough for me to use on a daily basis (same problem I have with Cetaphil). But it is great whenever my skin is feeling extra-sensitive or when I just need a very gentle "light" cleansing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I adore CeraVe products!!!!! Literally, the best skin care I've ever used. I was initially using the Foaming Cleanser, but it dried my skin too much. Well, this is my HG face wash!!!! I use it with my Olay brush, and though I still need to use makeup wipes prior to cleansing, the cleanser and the brush remove te rest. My skin feels clean, soft, but not ever right or overly dry. It cleared up a gigantic breakout that I had been dealing with for weeks, and I believe that's because I'm nourishing my skin rather than stripping it of the natural oils. For reference, I have acne-prone skin that is on the drier side. This doesn't make me greasy, or parched. My face has never looked or felt more radiant. My acne has calmed down. I only have 2 pimples right now, but that is because my monthly bestie is visiting next week. The packaging is convenient, as it has a sanitary pump and the option to lock. It's just a little bulky for travel, but I think I will survive. It's more expensive than some drugstore skin care products, but it's totally worth it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this shiz on the daily to get the sleep off my face and the gook out from around my eyes every morning. It's gentle, doesn't sting, and leaves my skin feel fresh, clean and ready for moisturizer and makeup! I just cashed my first bottle and purchased a second.

I switched to Cerave from Cetaphil because the ingredients seem a bit better although it's a bit more expensive. This is not a makeup removing cleanser! I use something with a little more makeup removing oompf at night, but in the morning I need something hydrating and this is perfect. I like the consistency, too, which is a creamy gel that feels good massaging into the face and doesn't strip my normal-dry skin of moisture. You only need half a pump for your whole face, so the bottle lasts a while! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Nicola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great basic cleanser dosen't strip my skin dosent break me out or dry me out too much. I always have some of this handy and use it almost every day. I find it similar texture to cetaphil but for me it seems to clean better, although you will need to use a makeup remover if you are wearing eye makeup because it dosent remove that 100 percent. It seems like the pump leaves a lot of product at the bottom when it seems like the bottle is finished you can still get about 8-10 more washes if you just pour the remainder out into your hand. Im a product junkie so I'm always trying new things but I always go back to this to normalize my skin if I have a reaction to something else because I know this works for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Penlatysan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was in the hunt for a cheaper alternative to my beloved First Aid Beauty Cleanser when I thought I would give this a shot. I have VERY sensitive skin. Even Cetaphil irritates it. I also have skin that's seasonal and goes from being dry/ combo to combo/ oily. Right now it's more on the oily side as it's getting close to summer. However, I once heard a skin expert say that NO ONE, not even people with the oiliest skin, should ever use "foaming" type cleansers because they basically strip your skin of everything which is very bad in the long run. So I tried the hydrating one.

Pros:
The pump bottle is convenient
Didn't irritate my skin (which is a pretty amazing feat)

Cons:
Didn't cleanse my skin. Like, at all. After I used this I ran a tissue over my face and foundation came off! And it's not even long wearing foundation!
It smells like finger paint. I should know, I work with 1st graders.
It has a bizarre consistency.

Definitely not an alternative for my HG FAB cleanser :(

*UPDATE*: I had to use this in a pinch a while back when I completely ran out of my other cleanser and didn't have time to drive 45 mins to the nearest Sephora to buy more. After using it for several weeks it actually kind of grew on me. You really have to massage it in thoroughly for several minutes to get a cleanse out of it. I also stopped noticing the smell after a while, and I got used to the texture. It's still not the best cleanser I've ever used, but it's pretty good, and I would probably use it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by littlemissash133

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have fair, sensitive, combination skin. My skin tends to break out near my cheeks and my jaw line, while my face is very dry. I've tried many different cleansers in search for something that would stop my breakouts without being too harsh on my sensitive skin. This cleanser is exactly what I was looking for. After reading some reviews on here, I decided to spend the $12 on it, which is a lot for me. I was skeptical at first since it is not an anti-acne product. After using just once, my face felt soft, smooth, and clean. It did not break me out at all, and it seems to have prevented breakouts. I'm on my third bottle of this stuff, and I'll continue to use it forever. I absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by lulabell7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will probably use this for the rest of my life. My skin feels supple, soft, smooth, and I haven't had a pimple in three weeks. I also have super sensitive skin that gets red, dry, and irritated and now that is all in the past! woohoo (: love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by ASBLeen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive skin that tends to get congested and dry around my nose and forehead, but is fairly normal everywhere else. I switched from Purity to Cerave about three weeks ago, and my skin is SO happy!

I use this with my Clarisonic, and it works wonderfully. To do this, I remove all my make up with remover, wash my face once with Cerave, then apply facewash both to my face and my Clarisonic and wash. It is so gentle and so far, three weeks in, my sensitive skin has had no reaction.

I like this better than Cetaphil because the ingredients are much better. There seems to be more research behind the ingredients in Cerave than in Cetaphil. Also, with Cetaphil, my face never really felt clean; I know this just takes some getting used to but I think Cerave is just as gentle but leaves less of a film.

I pair it with a gentle Dermalogica tonor and follow with a moisturizer. Be sure to exfoliate since this gentle face wash obviously does not do that job :).