November 1, 2014 | 749 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I adore CeraVe products!!!!! Literally, the best skin care I've ever used. I was initially using the Foaming Cleanser, but it dried my skin too much. Well, this is my HG face wash!!!! I use it with my Olay brush, and though I still need to use makeup wipes prior to cleansing, the cleanser and the brush remove te rest. My skin feels clean, soft, but not ever right or overly dry. It cleared up a gigantic breakout that I had been dealing with for weeks, and I believe that's because I'm nourishing my skin rather than stripping it of the natural oils. For reference, I have acne-prone skin that is on the drier side. This doesn't make me greasy, or parched. My face has never looked or felt more radiant. My acne has calmed down. I only have 2 pimples right now, but that is because my monthly bestie is visiting next week. The packaging is convenient, as it has a sanitary pump and the option to lock. It's just a little bulky for travel, but I think I will survive. It's more expensive than some drugstore skin care products, but it's totally worth it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this shiz on the daily to get the sleep off my face and the gook out from around my eyes every morning. It's gentle, doesn't sting, and leaves my skin feel fresh, clean and ready for moisturizer and makeup! I just cashed my first bottle and purchased a second.

I switched to Cerave from Cetaphil because the ingredients seem a bit better although it's a bit more expensive. This is not a makeup removing cleanser! I use something with a little more makeup removing oompf at night, but in the morning I need something hydrating and this is perfect. I like the consistency, too, which is a creamy gel that feels good massaging into the face and doesn't strip my normal-dry skin of moisture. You only need half a pump for your whole face, so the bottle lasts a while! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Nicola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great basic cleanser dosen't strip my skin dosent break me out or dry me out too much. I always have some of this handy and use it almost every day. I find it similar texture to cetaphil but for me it seems to clean better, although you will need to use a makeup remover if you are wearing eye makeup because it dosent remove that 100 percent. It seems like the pump leaves a lot of product at the bottom when it seems like the bottle is finished you can still get about 8-10 more washes if you just pour the remainder out into your hand. Im a product junkie so I'm always trying new things but I always go back to this to normalize my skin if I have a reaction to something else because I know this works for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Penlatysan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was in the hunt for a cheaper alternative to my beloved First Aid Beauty Cleanser when I thought I would give this a shot. I have VERY sensitive skin. Even Cetaphil irritates it. I also have skin that's seasonal and goes from being dry/ combo to combo/ oily. Right now it's more on the oily side as it's getting close to summer. However, I once heard a skin expert say that NO ONE, not even people with the oiliest skin, should ever use "foaming" type cleansers because they basically strip your skin of everything which is very bad in the long run. So I tried the hydrating one.

Pros:
The pump bottle is convenient
Didn't irritate my skin (which is a pretty amazing feat)

Cons:
Didn't cleanse my skin. Like, at all. After I used this I ran a tissue over my face and foundation came off! And it's not even long wearing foundation!
It smells like finger paint. I should know, I work with 1st graders.
It has a bizarre consistency.

Definitely not an alternative for my HG FAB cleanser :(

*UPDATE*: I had to use this in a pinch a while back when I completely ran out of my other cleanser and didn't have time to drive 45 mins to the nearest Sephora to buy more. After using it for several weeks it actually kind of grew on me. You really have to massage it in thoroughly for several minutes to get a cleanse out of it. I also stopped noticing the smell after a while, and I got used to the texture. It's still not the best cleanser I've ever used, but it's pretty good, and I would probably use it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by littlemissash133

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have fair, sensitive, combination skin. My skin tends to break out near my cheeks and my jaw line, while my face is very dry. I've tried many different cleansers in search for something that would stop my breakouts without being too harsh on my sensitive skin. This cleanser is exactly what I was looking for. After reading some reviews on here, I decided to spend the $12 on it, which is a lot for me. I was skeptical at first since it is not an anti-acne product. After using just once, my face felt soft, smooth, and clean. It did not break me out at all, and it seems to have prevented breakouts. I'm on my third bottle of this stuff, and I'll continue to use it forever. I absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by lulabell7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will probably use this for the rest of my life. My skin feels supple, soft, smooth, and I haven't had a pimple in three weeks. I also have super sensitive skin that gets red, dry, and irritated and now that is all in the past! woohoo (: love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by ASBLeen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive skin that tends to get congested and dry around my nose and forehead, but is fairly normal everywhere else. I switched from Purity to Cerave about three weeks ago, and my skin is SO happy!

I use this with my Clarisonic, and it works wonderfully. To do this, I remove all my make up with remover, wash my face once with Cerave, then apply facewash both to my face and my Clarisonic and wash. It is so gentle and so far, three weeks in, my sensitive skin has had no reaction.

I like this better than Cetaphil because the ingredients are much better. There seems to be more research behind the ingredients in Cerave than in Cetaphil. Also, with Cetaphil, my face never really felt clean; I know this just takes some getting used to but I think Cerave is just as gentle but leaves less of a film.

I pair it with a gentle Dermalogica tonor and follow with a moisturizer. Be sure to exfoliate since this gentle face wash obviously does not do that job :).

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by rachrachrach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Staying far away from cerave. Broke me out something awful. Thankfully, I always test on my chin and part if my neck, so no break out on my face. Still have lingering pimples a week out. I can't say if its the hydrating or foaming cleanser, or the lotions since I was desperate to try something new to help relieve my super dry skin, neither products helped in that department, either.

Oh I hate the texture and feeling of this! I OCM occasionally and the oily feeling doesn't bother me, but this stuff just feels odd on your face, and does not feel like I'm actually cleaning my face at all. My face did not feel any more hydrated after washing off, either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This cleanser is very good. I had tried cetaphil and didn't like it very much so never tried this until recently. This is nothing like cetaphil. I have sensitive skin and this has worked great. I wash my face twice at night ( to remove makeup) then once in the morning. I haven't had any redness at all. For me that is a major plus because most cleanser make my chin red. I've finished a bottle and will probably buy another.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Joanne1029

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never used this product just with my bare hands; I use the Sephora facial brush in conjunction (which I recommend). It's non-irritating and hydrating. My skin feels clean and refreshed after every use. The one setback is that if you didn't have a tool such as a facial brush, it would be difficult to remove your makeup. Nevertheless, I highly recommend this cleanser.