November 27, 2014 | 1445 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Even Better Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by lizfortin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very oily skin, and find this quite matte. It can emphasize any dry skin. I mix it with a bit of primer and look airbrushed. Wonderful!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Missers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For some reason all Clinique products smell after I have them on my face for 2 or 3 hours. This foundation made my pores fill with oil and broke down like nothing I have ever seen before. Udder Crap. Only looks good for a max of 3 hours not worth the money. I plan to return this along with the bb cream. So bummed really wanted a great foundation so the search continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by maddie111

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this products for years. I have young, fair skin and this foundation is perfect for it. It's kind to the skin - prevents me from breaking out. It gives me the right amount of coverage (it's sheer to medium coverage but you can layer it up to build coverage). The title 'even better' is so true! Over the time i've been using it, it really has evened out my skin - little scars and blemish marks have minimised! However, if i dont powder, my oily zone can become shiny throughout the day, and it can't last as well as other foundations i've used. Overall, this is a great product and i recommend it to anyone who has dry or normal skin as it leaves a great glow to the skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

UPDATE 28TH JULY 2013 changing from 5 lippy to 2...
im sooo sooo sooooo very sad to say that this broke me out badly...
so ive been using this for 5 days in a week, ive never gone out with foundation day by day like that. so thats probably why i never really noticed it.
anyways my 6th day, i noticed bumps all over my face so i thought of possible causes, this or my concealer. although if it was my concelaer (used as highlighter), it shudnt given me breakouts toareas i didnt apply it. so i gave a second thought by not using the foundation but only the concealer for the next week. and my breakouts was clearing out (with help of skincare of course) and i have concluded that the breakouts were caused by the foundation. SUCKS
i still give 2 for the coverage and everything i said before but if it ddnt break me out, if wouldve still been on my shelf :(

UPDATE 22ND MAY 2013
dry skin girls DO NOT get this, im a normal/combo slightly dry on my right cheek (whch is extremely annoying), and it showed the dry patches on my dried up post acne.
if you are dry and love this coverage, make sure you moisturize your skin. but i wouldnt recommend you this if youre dry. although if you are normal/oily, you would love this :)
it is sheer/kinda medium, dries up VERY quickly and it doesnt feel like youre wearing anythng on your face :)

First impression.
I love it. I have normal/combi skin and i never use moisturizer. So i just put toner and then straight to this. I sheer this out by using stippling brush since i dont need full coverage.
What i love is that theres no scent at all, no shine after, stays pretty long without making my face oily or dry, it just stays smooth. This is buildable up to med coverage. So if ure a sheer/med cover kinda girl, this is definitely for you to try :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by caitmarie

Just switched my foundation, this provides great coverage. Hides blemishes and redness.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by juliastockholm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this in a tax free shop, so it was stupid cheap. I haven't had the best of luck with Clinique in the past, but for €20 I'll give anything a go.

Anyway, I tried it and am sorry to say I found it just as boring as I do most Clinique products. It made me a bit shiny, covered everything (I do not want everything covered, I have this one amazing freckle that I show off), and was just a bit blah.

The packaging is great though, I wish my favourite foundation (a clarins one that I have reviewed here) would come in a tube like this.

Photographs well, doesn't look too heavy, won't make you look bright white in flash photography.

I feel like if you actually need all the coverage this provides, you probably have a few spots, or even acne, and the greasiness of this foundation will wreck your skin forever. Having dry skin, there is obviously no way I can state that as a fact, it's just a thought.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Varlot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've just started using this stuff as I've moved back to liquid foundations, I've switched from Rimmel's wake me up(drugstore brand) as wake me up is a touch too dark and doesn't last all day and I prefer high end make-up anyway.

To start, they have brought out some lighter shades of this now, which is good, I'm an exact match to shade 02 which I think is called fair. I'm now a redhead (previous reviews I was blonde) which is my natural colour, so I have the skin to match, if you can imagine just how pale that is!

I find this stuff feels really nice, the bottle is a squeezy bottle too, so hopefully there won't be much wasteage. You only need a tiny bit as it goes very far, it's quite thick too so I find that applying it with my fingers rather than a brush has a smoother effect.
I've been using this about a week now and have found that it doesn't last all day, it also seems to be clinging to/making worse, the dry patches around my nose and eyes, which is annoying. I don't know whether my application technique is affecting this or not?
I've found this only provides medium coverage as well although it seems to be a little bit buildable (if you have time to wait between applications for it to set). I find it certainly detracts from my (mild) redness, it does cover it well when it first goes on but that effect doesn't seem to last, however when it does slide off it doesn't seem to completely slide off and so does leave me with a little coverage throughout the day.
As a result of the drying and the coverage I have started mixing it with my moisturiser which seems to help a little. I have today tried setting it with Urban Decays setting spray as well so I'll see how that goes.
For reference I do use this after City block, Clinique's pore minimiser and redness reducing cleanser.
As for price, this isn't too bad, you get a small bottle for £23 which isn't as expensive as some foundations I've used in the past, nor indeed as much as some other clinique products (I'm looking at you redness reducing moisturiser!) and as stated you only need the tiniest amount.
I'm on the fence as to whether I'll purchase again, it's looking unlikely as I'm a little disappointed with the coverage and staying power, it definitely doesn't do anything like what the egg in the advert suggests. I want to like this product so I will keep trying out different application methods and other bases/setters to see what happens...Though I'm very impressed with the new shades and have never found such a good match to my "ginger skin" in any liquid foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Laski

I´m surprised I liked this foundation so much. I had a sample in "05 neutral (MF)" and applied it with a brush. It gave my skin a nice, eventoned look, hid blemishes and redness very well so I needed less concealer - and it was even quite longwearing! In the evening, my skin still looked absolutely fine with it on. Might even think about buying the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by qwertyuioprawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

In love with this product. doesnt dry out my combo skin and it doesnt make my face look oily. and not to forget it even out my skintone even in a small amount of product. just wish it was cheaper...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by morganlj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This foundation has a beautiful look to it. It glides an blends in easily but having combo skin, it tended to breakdown after a few hours and by the end of the day it looked like I had no foundation on at all. Don't get me wrong, it is a lovely foundation but would have more staying power on more drier skin I would say.