December 21, 2014 | 964 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Sculpt [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Dayday00

I was looking for a medium-full coverage concealer. I really like the texture of Studio Sculpt so I decided to give it a go.
And I was disappointed. Very, very disappointed!
The coverage was not good enough for me.
On the skin, the feeling/texture was not nice at all.
And I tried to apply it with everything: Sponge, finger, concealer brush, foundation brush, 217 brush... Everything.
So I returned it to MAC.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by beebop808

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

MAC sure has been very disappointing lately -- especially their 'New' products. I wanted so much to like this, I even forced myself too, but overall this just really didn't work for me. The color was pretty much a match (I'll give it credit for that!), but coverage wise, it did nothing for me. I was looking for something for to conceal my under eye circles and all this did was accentuate them more. This was very cakey to say the least and it did not nearly hold up for a couple of hours without looking awful! I tried using it several different ways as well as with several different brushes...blah! I got nothing out of this, so back it went.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Stia3652004

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am almost done with my third jar of this concealer and I will try to find another one before I repurchase. I really like it but I have a few issues with it. 1) It can seem a bit drying at times, 2) It creases entirely too much (I find myself constantly blotting under my eyes to pat them out, 3) It doesnt last a long time. However, the things that I love about it are: the color match (NC45) and the appearance (gives me a professional look). I would repurchase if I have to but I think there is something a little better for me out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Note to future buyers: A LITTLE GOES A LOOOONG WAY!!! If you really layer this stuff on, you'll look so cake faced that someone might stab you with a fork! All of the studio sculpt products are manufactured that way (a lot of people don't realize this and hence give them bad reviews).

Anyways, I don't think this would be particularly great for extremely dry or oily skin (dry=cake, oily=sliding off/creasing/icky grossness). Unlike previous reviewers, I had absolutely no problem blending this into my skin. It gave a subtle (but noticeable) brightening effect. I bought it last year and I'm not even halfway through the pot, because, like I said, a veeeery little goes a long way. It also neutralizes the redness around my nose incredibly well, which is awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by canddyy123

I actually really like this, despite all the negative reviews I actually really like this concealer. I feel like it gives a medium-full coverage. Somewhere in between. I like how it doesn't look cakey and dry like the studio finish does. I got it in NC20.. Yes I am pale. I like that is so creamy ! It's a lot creamier than the studio finish. I was in love with the select moisture cover but I wanted to try something new. I ended up really liking this. For reference, I have an oily t-zone and dry cheeks and chin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2010 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Kriszta07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Its a funny concealer, one day it works perfectly on my undereye area, the next day it cakes up like some cheap no name product. I always have to warm it up with my fingers and really work it my skin so its defo not for u if ur always on a hurry. On blemishes its ok.
So to be fair if ur looking for something for blemishes, i would say get this, if u want it for undereye circles, dont waste ur money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 7:46:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like the previous reviewer, I was having to warm this product up to get it to blend at all (I would turn on the heating pad on my bed when I got up and set the pot of concealer on it). I tried EVERYTHING to get this to work as I had such high hopes for it. I bought a MAC concealer brush, thinking that would help (it didn't and the brush - a 194, recommended by the MAC saleswoman - is a lousy brush); I tried using a thicker, heavier eye cream, thinking that would help (in the process, I discovered MAC Moisturelush eye cream, which I love so, of course, it is being discontinued!). I tried EVERYTHING.

While this concealer was "okay" on any spots on my face that I needed to conceal, what I really got it for was my under-eye dark circles. Studio Sculpt was difficult to blend and no matter what eye cream I used, it looked dry, cakey, chalky....kind of hard to explain but it just looked dreadful. And it made my under-eye area look ashy as well. In all honesty, I think this is the worst concealer I've ever tried. I only wish I'd thought to return it before it was too late but I was really thinking it was me and that if I just learned how to use it properly or mastered some better technique, it would work. Well, it didn't. I was so disappointed by this product that I was even reluctant to try MAC's ProLongwear Concealer (but I am SO glad I did - that stuff is everything I was hoping for from Studio Sculpt).

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2010 4:30:00 AM More reviews by paperskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Studio sculpt is way too thick. It's especially thick when the temperature is cooler. I have to warm it up to even make it usable. And I've also found that this concealer is really hit or miss. Sometimes I can get it to look great and other times it just wants to be difficult. Not okay when I'm in a hurry before going out. I will be using this product up (which to be honest, is going to take awhile. You're given a lot of product, I'll give it that much) and then looking for something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by foooood

I. Love. This. Concealer.
Okay, so I don't have that much experience with concealer... I've only ever used the Kat Von D "tattoo" concealer and it wasn't that great, really... I'm kind of glad I lost it so I could replace it haaha. Anyway, so I was at MAC and I was specifically looking for a concealer. The girl suggested the studio sculpt for my skin type. She sold the product pretty well and it was only twenty dollars so I picked it up. It's twenty dollars but there isn't a whole lot of product, though... But when is MAC ever cheap, right? So this stuff is amazing for me. I looove the creaminess of this product and surprisingly, the concealer stays on my face until I wash it off. It covers excellently (that being said, I don't ever need that much coverage to begin with...) and it's not a hassle or anything. It comes in this cute glass pot and I hate dipping my finger into it, so I use a q-tip. A little goes a long way. I usually use it for my undereye circles, and then any pimples or past pimples scarring. They say you should use two different concealers for undereyes and acne, but I don't see the problem. Sometimes, if I'm experiencing redness in patches (like around the nose...) I will use a LITTLE of this concealer, mix it in with my moisturizer and I will have a tinted moisturizer that REALLY covers. I love it!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Hamstershell

The coverage is good on application. It is easy to blend, does not break me out, and after setting it with powder, it does look good. Too bad that this does not stay on me. After one hour or less, I see my spots and blemishes again, my skin is probably just too oily for this to stick.