Revlon Matte Lipstick - Pink Pout

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off I hated this product....not a big fan of matte l/s in general, but I'll give it a whirl if I like the color. Unfortunately, being a d/s l/s, no testing is possible so it was a blind faith buy. Once I put it on, it settled into every line in my lips and made me look like I had the lips of an 80 year old woman lol (most mattes do this to me, but can be corrected with gloss - but then I guess its no longer matte haha!) Anyways, I think a reviewer already said this, but this looks really gorgeous paired up with milani movie star gloss (the blue one). In fact, I like the combo so much I said I'd repurchase this l/s just based on that fact alone. If u have or can get that gloss, it looks really beautiful. I thought it might be too cool for me (I'm nc30) but it looks fab! So the l/s is totally meh, but that gloss combo (heck any blue gloss would prob look great with it so its worth a shot!)

on 1/9/2011 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Trendy matte pink lips. Cool undertones makes smokey eyes pop. Not cartoonish. Great for layering.

on 1/7/2011 4:21:00 PM

Some people here are saying it's way too cool of a pink, but I think it's not supposed to be a "natural"-looking cool pink that perfectly matches your skin! I view it as more of a subtly UNnatural doll-like "plasticky" pink. For that look, Pink Pout is great. But for natural-looking but enhanced lips for cool skin, a cool pale mauve is better than a pale true pink like Pink Pout.

Anyway, I'm slowly working my way through Revlon's matte line (though I know I'll avoid Nude Attitude thanks to some reviews here!) and this one pleasantly surprised me. It's an interesting color and different from what I normally try. I'll stick with this as far as light pinks go. Unfortunately, it does not compliment much of my wardrobe. But perhaps that will just make it stand out more and look more interesting!

on 1/4/2011 6:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This lipstick looks okay on my NC20 yellow undertoned skin. A medium pink with slight mauve tones. It's noticeable but not garish -definately not a 'in your face' sort of shade. Despite being a matte formula it is not drying on my lips and leaves no nasty flakey bits. Lasting power is really good aswell. Great formula but the colour is nothing special on me.

on 1/1/2011 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not much of a lipstick wearer, as I prefer a sheer color on the lips with a bit of shine because I tend to wear loud eye colors. Alas, I wanted to try the matte lipstick trend as a change of pace. I have light olive skin, and thought this color would go well with it. I absolutely love it. It's a true light pink. Nice creamy texture. Goes on smooth with great staying power. You do need to have a smooth, soft lip to wear this, but I'd say that's par for any matte lipstick. I love that the lipstick, when retracted, fits all the way inside the tube. I hate when lipsticks open in your purse and ruin both the lippy and your purse.

on 11/1/2010 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

I love this color! But it makes my lips look flaky and dry. I definitely have to exfoliate my kisser before putting this on! But for the price the quality is great.

on 11/1/2010 9:23:00 PM

I LOVE this lipstick!!! It's the exact color I was looking for. I'm an NC 20 and this looks very pretty on me. I love the consistency and it feels lovely on the lips. It lasts much longer than I expected. I will repurchase this again and again and again!

on 10/31/2010 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love and dislike this lipstick. I love matte products so I picked this one as the mauve one was a little too dark for me. I like the feel of this lipstick, it's very smooth, but I think the color is just a little too bright for me. Other than that, I do like it and I do wear it once in a while.

on 10/14/2010 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is the first lipstick I have bought in a long time, i'm usually not into lipsticks. I bought this on a whim, and I am happily surprised. It lasts a long time if you let it dry (I went through a whole dinner without having to retouch up), and I like the feeling it leaves on my lips. A lot of people hate the powdery dry feeling, but I like it. The color is so nice, love that it has cool undertones to it.
The packaging is ok. When I took the top off the lipstick for the first time the metal part came with it. I put it back on, but I'm just very careful when I pop off the cap.

on 10/9/2010 2:23:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I bought this color simply by looking at it. I didn't swatch it ( I couldn't as here was no tester) and ...hey it turned out to be one of the best nude-ish pinks I have!

I'm a NW15 with fairly pigmented lips so getting a nude without having to go thru the concealer all over my lips routine is kinda nice.

It's not as matte as i thought (I prefer matte then i can add the amount of shine with gloss at my discretion)

So overall yea I think its decent. Not too shabby for drugstore cosmetics. =^.^=

Recommended for Medium Skin