August 22, 2014 | 1868 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2087 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Makdrizz08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My HOLY GRAIL concealer. Perfect for my skin type. Love the creaminess. It's very easy to work with.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by DrChris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When the concealer I'd been loyal to for years was discontinued, I launched a full-scale search for a replacement - and, after reading the reviews, this was the first one I tried. The search is over! I have pretty good skin in general but a few dark spots (and a very visible surgery scar) that I need to cover, and this does the trick perfectly. I don't need much at all - I just press my finger lightly on the surface and then dab it on my face and tap it gently to blend, and it covers everything with ease. This lasts all day for me, and the NC15 is an ideal match for my skin. When I first got it and saw that it was a tiny compact, I thought I would use it up in no time, but after two months of use it barely looks like I've used any at all. I wear it under a variety of foundations that have different finishes - loose minerals, pressed minerals, stick foundation - and it works well with everything. I will definitely repurchase, and I'm so glad that I found this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:38:00 AM More reviews by fluffmonsta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have combination skin (dry/oily) with 1-2 active pimples, acne scarring, and open pores. this is a good concealer but mine is a bit dry. its not creamy and definitely NOT a joy to put on. it almost feels "stiff" and hard in the pot, requiring extended blending time. once blended onto moisturized skin, it gives good coverage and staying power though. I have tried similarly effective concealers from a variety of different brands (the face shop, inglot, clinique) that are more creamy and satisfying to apply in terms of texture/feel and blending time, so I am definitely not planning to repurchase this. I might try the MAC prolongwear concealer. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by rsa1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow this is the only concealer I have ever owned (3 years) and I feel no need to switch away from it to a new one, I really like the consistency, easy to apply easy to blend. I hate wearing foundation and just use this to cover up a few blemishes and it works well for that. It doesn't break me out either which is one of my main concerns with new skincare/makeup products. Also great under the eyes as I have quite dark circles. I use this in NC30 in the summer time but I've been noticing in winter it does look a bit more orange on me, so I will have to get a lighter shade for winter. Only one issue I have is that when applying blush/bronzer over this it tends to stick more to the concealer and make that patch look a bit darker, I usually can avoid this by applying blush first (I know - odd) then the concealer and then a bit more blush and that works well in getting an even colour . Also - although this is the same pot size as the MAC eyeshadows, it goes in much deeper and so this last for ages!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this concealer a few months back when I was just starting out in buying Mac Products. This is the first concealer that I bought from them.

Packaging: Small and simple packaging. Can carry around everywhere you go to because it is small.

Product: Contains 7g of product. I have sensitive and oily skin. This product does not break me out so that is a plus! This covers like a dream. Covers my dark spots and hyper pigmentation on my skin. It is very opaque and can cover a tattoo.

What I dislike about it: However, since it is a cream, it kind of slides around my skin after 4 hours since I have oily skin even though I set it with Mac's Studio Fix powder after application. I blot off the oil on my face using the Kleenex blotting paper (purple packaging) when I feel myself getting oily and then use my Mac Blot powder to top it off. When I use Mac's blot powder, areas that I had my concealer on (mainly chin and forehead) looks cakey! I hate a cakey face and the strong sun in Singapore just emphasizes it further! >.< Hence, minus one lippie. I find that this does not last long. I have school for 8 hours and I stay in an air conditioned room. The concealer is still unable to keep up with that even though I do not sweat :(

Price: I purchased this for SGD$35 and I feel that it is expensive looking at how the product performs on me. Minus one lippie.

I will still use this concealer this I finish it because I do not want to waste my money on it. However, I will not repurchase because I feel that this does not stick onto my skin. I would recommend this for normal to dry skin. Combination skin could also use this but you need to keep a look out every hour!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Tinaagade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Covers, can get caky easily. Not so easy to build up coverage but standard coverage is okay. I only repurchase this because its the best of the few concealers Ive had, and i havent tried SO many. Maybe 4-5. I wanna try laura mercier one. But over foundation this one is great. Just not AMAZING on its own.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by mariangelin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Why I bought this? -> I have too intense dark circles and I need sth to cover them (poor me!)
I regret so much for perchusing it because it CREASES like crazy even if I set with a powder. I hate it so much and of course I wouldn't recommend it to anyone (only to few enemies!)
The only way I can use this is to conceal any blemishes I have. If you want to use this as face concealer remember to tab it really well to absorb to your skin otherwise you gonna have pasty spots and it needs a retouch during the day because its staying powe isn't that great!
I pick NC20 (it has yellow undertones)
Will repurchase this again?
- No, Niet, Nein, iie!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Ha77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this concealer! It truly does exactly what it's supposed to. It provides great coverage of blemishes, dark circles, and any discolorization you may have. You can put this on lightly or build it up to cover any darker areas a brush (or your fingertips for on the go touch ups). The pot doesn't bother me at all. My only problem with this concealer is the fact I'm allergic to it and cannot use it, as it makes my skin turn bright red, it burns like hell, and my skin literally peels off my face after a few days of applying it. It sucks considering how well this product works, I've been trying to find a dupe for it and so far have been unsuccessful, I must continue my search for a great concealer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

I got this in NC30, a week later, I was already at NC40. Le sigh. Anyway, this review is not about color match, but performance.
First off, it is deceptively opaque for how greasy/slippery it feels on the finger. If I don't use a light hand, my undereyes look terrible and panda-like, sort of thick and fake and try-hard. I wouldn't say this is for concealing dark circles but rather blemishes, where this works perfectly with a tiny little brush and a scribbly motion. A little does go a long way and I don't see myself repurchasing ever since it will probably last me into the afterlife.

The only thing that doesn't agree with me is its pot form. I wouldn't recommend fingers with this in the first place, but this means it's not very convenient to travel with. Also stashed in the trashcan that is my collection I get it confused with MAC e/s and I sometimes just opt for a different concealer lol.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is by far the rolls royce of concealers it gives impeccable coverage its definitely full coverage and the fact that it will last a long time is an extra added bonus I have tried low end to high end concealers and this by far is my top concealer I have used thus far its the only thing that covers my purple dark circles with ease and it actually stays put which most concealers don't I use nw15 and it matches my fair complexion perfectly if you haven't found the perfect concealer your search ends here.UPDATE I have to rate this badly that being because it is just too far to dry and that is why it spreads unevenly and just looks a cakey mess am going to try mac pro wear long wear concealer and hope for the best.