September 18, 2014 | 864 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2091 reviews)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Bajanac

I just bought this concealer and i will say i do like it, I dont think it last all day- i fee like if i apply it in the morning by mid afternoon its all gone. I use NW30 now , i think it comes on a little bright but i like to set it with my bobbi brown pwder and add bronzer all over my face and it helps with evening out the color.
Its not the best but its a good product, i would recommend it but i will say to make sure you get your exact color match, play around with the diffrent colors, because if it doesnt match it will start to look ashy and your eye cricles will show thru..

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by ebony14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So, I bought this product over the summer as a treat to myself, and was very excited about it. However it did NOT meet my expectations, which really weren't all that high.

CONS
1 - It creases like there's no tomorrow. Honestly, within thirty seconds of putting it on, it has already creased under my eyes. Even if I place powder on it immediately after application, it still seems to hate me.
2 - ...there isn't really a second reason, just go off of the first one.

PROS
1- Okay, it is really easy to apply. I'll give it that.
2 - It is very creamy and feels nice on the skin.
3 - I STILL HATE IT. A LOT.

I can't forgive the creasing. That just made me hate it loads. $25 for this thing is SO not worth it. Definitely never repurchasing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Dexterwooller

This concealer is good, it is not great.
The coverage is quite good but there are some bug disadvantages to it:
It creases under the eyes
Is is very drying if you have even the tiniest bit of dry skin it highlights this by going flaky
It has an oily consistency to the touch

But it does last a very long time so I would say it is worth the price at around £14.50.

I wouldn't buy it again but it's quite good, just not for me:)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by EmmaSalvatore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently went to my nearest mac store to purchase my favourite concealer ( Mac Pro longwear concealer in nc15 and nc20)
But they are out of stock for both colours so I thought of buying the mac studio finish concealer because of the many good reviews on it I purchased it in nc20
I gave this concealer a 2 out of 5
BECAUSE IT CREASES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I put it on underneath the eyes and sometimes on my eyelid for a primer but it just creases like crazy ! It looksblike I have wrinkles underneath my eyes when I'm only 18!
It covered pretty well but my pro longwear concealer covered much better
PROS
. Great packaging good to travel with
. Good coverage
. Lasts 5-6 hours with primer and powder

CONS
. CREASES !!!!!
. Gos a bit watery if you leave it in the sun
. $32 here in Australia for a TINY little pot of concealer
. Swipes away a bit when you put powder on top of it
. Creases straight away when you put powder on top of it

BUY THE MAC PRO LONGWEAR CONCEALER IT'S WAY BETTER THEN THIS COVERES PIMPLES , DARK CIRCLES CAN WORK FOR A BRIGHTNER AMAZING COERAGE BUT DOSNT FEEL HEAVY LASTS FOREVER !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Makdrizz08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My HOLY GRAIL concealer. Perfect for my skin type. Love the creaminess. It's very easy to work with.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by DrChris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When the concealer I'd been loyal to for years was discontinued, I launched a full-scale search for a replacement - and, after reading the reviews, this was the first one I tried. The search is over! I have pretty good skin in general but a few dark spots (and a very visible surgery scar) that I need to cover, and this does the trick perfectly. I don't need much at all - I just press my finger lightly on the surface and then dab it on my face and tap it gently to blend, and it covers everything with ease. This lasts all day for me, and the NC15 is an ideal match for my skin. When I first got it and saw that it was a tiny compact, I thought I would use it up in no time, but after two months of use it barely looks like I've used any at all. I wear it under a variety of foundations that have different finishes - loose minerals, pressed minerals, stick foundation - and it works well with everything. I will definitely repurchase, and I'm so glad that I found this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:38:00 AM More reviews by fluffmonsta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have combination skin (dry/oily) with 1-2 active pimples, acne scarring, and open pores. this is a good concealer but mine is a bit dry. its not creamy and definitely NOT a joy to put on. it almost feels "stiff" and hard in the pot, requiring extended blending time. once blended onto moisturized skin, it gives good coverage and staying power though. I have tried similarly effective concealers from a variety of different brands (the face shop, inglot, clinique) that are more creamy and satisfying to apply in terms of texture/feel and blending time, so I am definitely not planning to repurchase this. I might try the MAC prolongwear concealer. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by rsa1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow this is the only concealer I have ever owned (3 years) and I feel no need to switch away from it to a new one, I really like the consistency, easy to apply easy to blend. I hate wearing foundation and just use this to cover up a few blemishes and it works well for that. It doesn't break me out either which is one of my main concerns with new skincare/makeup products. Also great under the eyes as I have quite dark circles. I use this in NC30 in the summer time but I've been noticing in winter it does look a bit more orange on me, so I will have to get a lighter shade for winter. Only one issue I have is that when applying blush/bronzer over this it tends to stick more to the concealer and make that patch look a bit darker, I usually can avoid this by applying blush first (I know - odd) then the concealer and then a bit more blush and that works well in getting an even colour . Also - although this is the same pot size as the MAC eyeshadows, it goes in much deeper and so this last for ages!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this concealer a few months back when I was just starting out in buying Mac Products. This is the first concealer that I bought from them.

Packaging: Small and simple packaging. Can carry around everywhere you go to because it is small.

Product: Contains 7g of product. I have sensitive and oily skin. This product does not break me out so that is a plus! This covers like a dream. Covers my dark spots and hyper pigmentation on my skin. It is very opaque and can cover a tattoo.

What I dislike about it: However, since it is a cream, it kind of slides around my skin after 4 hours since I have oily skin even though I set it with Mac's Studio Fix powder after application. I blot off the oil on my face using the Kleenex blotting paper (purple packaging) when I feel myself getting oily and then use my Mac Blot powder to top it off. When I use Mac's blot powder, areas that I had my concealer on (mainly chin and forehead) looks cakey! I hate a cakey face and the strong sun in Singapore just emphasizes it further! >.< Hence, minus one lippie. I find that this does not last long. I have school for 8 hours and I stay in an air conditioned room. The concealer is still unable to keep up with that even though I do not sweat :(

Price: I purchased this for SGD$35 and I feel that it is expensive looking at how the product performs on me. Minus one lippie.

I will still use this concealer this I finish it because I do not want to waste my money on it. However, I will not repurchase because I feel that this does not stick onto my skin. I would recommend this for normal to dry skin. Combination skin could also use this but you need to keep a look out every hour!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Tinaagade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Covers, can get caky easily. Not so easy to build up coverage but standard coverage is okay. I only repurchase this because its the best of the few concealers Ive had, and i havent tried SO many. Maybe 4-5. I wanna try laura mercier one. But over foundation this one is great. Just not AMAZING on its own.