November 29, 2014 | 1020 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by sumanserah

First of all I must mention that the price is really high for such a small quantity. 1300/- for 7g :( But that's where the cons end. Before buying this I was using he maybelline BB stick as a spot concealer too. It did a fairly good job but I wanted something with full coverage. I read a bunch of reviews and went to the store to try it out for myself. The MUA was really helpful and made sure I tried out a bunch of shades before finalizing one. Ive used this on multiple occasions in the day as well as night and it doesnt at all give a cakey appearance. It looks very natural and has a staying power of atleast 2-3 proper hours after which a touch up might be required. Overall a good investment for those with combination skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I know so many people love this but it just never worked for me. I really tried different ways of applying, different moisturisers underneath, using different types of setting powders, etc etc.

It has good coverage and seemed to last but was just way to dry for me. It was dry and cakey under my eyes. Too dry to use on my face and would end up cracking over wherever I used it, making any blemish look 10x worse. If I used a thick moisturiser underneath it still settled into the fine lines and then would collect and look so horrible. Plus it always looked like I had slapped cake/stage make-up on my face even when it was blended out to the point that you could barely see it. I found it was difficult to blend with my fingers or concealer brush. It clung on to dry patches like cement. I took it back to MAC and asked if this was normal - mine was so dry and hard in the compact. The lady at MAC told me it was fine. I couldn't return it since it was already used and months old.

I gave up and gave this away to my mother who has very oily skin and she seems ok with it.

I would recommend trying this on, and waiting for at least a few hours before you buy it - see how your skin reacts. I had kept mine for months hoping it would somehow work for me before finally admitting it was doing me no favours and I normally love MAC products. I would not repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by GreatReviews

I'm incredibly impressed with this concealer! I wanted a full coverage one & thought that Hard Candy would be a good choice since many beauty gurus rave about the coverage that it delivers. However, it costs $20+ when I checked on eBay because of the extremely pricey shipping! Thus, I bought this & had to fork out only $10 more.(Makeup is pricey in Sg) I ABSOLUTELY ADORE IT!! Great coverage! It didn't fully cover the dark spots completely but it's fine. I don't set this with powder & it still lasts a decent amount of time on me! Doesn't look too cakey if you spot treat. ;) Yay!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by ZayLiz

I LOVE this product! it works great if you know how to put it on .. best concealer ever! & it'll last!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Carla1346

THIS PRODUCT IS AMAZING!! I love this product it's really well made super creamy and pigmented. It's great for under eyes as well spot concealing. I highly recommend this product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by emmalybtch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Favorite concealer ever! Amazing coverage, this covers everything. A little goes a long way, so the pot will last a long time. Blends really well, stays on decently well. Don't really know what else to say about it, but I really recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First off let me state that i never used this for under eyes because I don't need coverage there. So my review is only about covering a pimple/post pimple redness.

Just like all other concealers I've tried, i couldn't like this one. I first apply little bit of product on the spot and when i proceed to blend it out, it somehow conceals anything other than the red spot. At first touch the concealer transfers around the skin, revealing the spot itself (and i use dabbing motion not rubbing). I cannot even apply powder on this, i need to be super careful. Even if i succeed to apply powder without moving the concealer, it looks cakey.

I'm starting to lose all hope to find a concealer for me. Mineral foundations surprisingly work much better as concealer, once applied they don't move an inch no matter how you handle your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by sasflipper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff. Wears well under the eyes - only a small amount needed. Covers spots better than anything else I've tried, though it does need to be set with powder. It's also the only thing I've found which covers hyperpigmentation well.

I've tried and disliked-
Dermablend: turns greasy and gives me whiteheads
Laura Mercier: breaks me out, slides or separates (and yes, I have been shown how to use it!)
Bourgois healthy mix concealer: breaks me out and turns orange
Rimmel, Covergirl, Maybelline, Revlon, Collection 2000, Max Facctor all oxidise a pretty orange colour.

Other good ones are Lancome Anti cernes and, Clinique airbrush.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Principessa13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Do not wear under your eyes. It settles into creases and pores and you look old!! It also oxidizes within 2 hours of wear. Only good thing I can say is it does have good staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Sashaaaa

This little cute pot makes me sad. The color (NW20) matches me perfectly and initially blends really well, but like Cinderella at midnight, it oxidizes on my skin fast and after an hour or so becomes cakey on my skin. Maybe it does not work well with my skincare products, but oh well... Recently purchased MUFE full cover concealer, so far so good - at least no oxiization there.