July 30, 2014 | 1538 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2084 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by rsa1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow this is the only concealer I have ever owned (3 years) and I feel no need to switch away from it to a new one, I really like the consistency, easy to apply easy to blend. I hate wearing foundation and just use this to cover up a few blemishes and it works well for that. It doesn't break me out either which is one of my main concerns with new skincare/makeup products. Also great under the eyes as I have quite dark circles. I use this in NC30 in the summer time but I've been noticing in winter it does look a bit more orange on me, so I will have to get a lighter shade for winter. Only one issue I have is that when applying blush/bronzer over this it tends to stick more to the concealer and make that patch look a bit darker, I usually can avoid this by applying blush first (I know - odd) then the concealer and then a bit more blush and that works well in getting an even colour . Also - although this is the same pot size as the MAC eyeshadows, it goes in much deeper and so this last for ages!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this concealer a few months back when I was just starting out in buying Mac Products. This is the first concealer that I bought from them.

Packaging: Small and simple packaging. Can carry around everywhere you go to because it is small.

Product: Contains 7g of product. I have sensitive and oily skin. This product does not break me out so that is a plus! This covers like a dream. Covers my dark spots and hyper pigmentation on my skin. It is very opaque and can cover a tattoo.

What I dislike about it: However, since it is a cream, it kind of slides around my skin after 4 hours since I have oily skin even though I set it with Mac's Studio Fix powder after application. I blot off the oil on my face using the Kleenex blotting paper (purple packaging) when I feel myself getting oily and then use my Mac Blot powder to top it off. When I use Mac's blot powder, areas that I had my concealer on (mainly chin and forehead) looks cakey! I hate a cakey face and the strong sun in Singapore just emphasizes it further! >.< Hence, minus one lippie. I find that this does not last long. I have school for 8 hours and I stay in an air conditioned room. The concealer is still unable to keep up with that even though I do not sweat :(

Price: I purchased this for SGD$35 and I feel that it is expensive looking at how the product performs on me. Minus one lippie.

I will still use this concealer this I finish it because I do not want to waste my money on it. However, I will not repurchase because I feel that this does not stick onto my skin. I would recommend this for normal to dry skin. Combination skin could also use this but you need to keep a look out every hour!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Tinaagade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Covers, can get caky easily. Not so easy to build up coverage but standard coverage is okay. I only repurchase this because its the best of the few concealers Ive had, and i havent tried SO many. Maybe 4-5. I wanna try laura mercier one. But over foundation this one is great. Just not AMAZING on its own.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by mariangelin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Why I bought this? -> I have too intense dark circles and I need sth to cover them (poor me!)
I regret so much for perchusing it because it CREASES like crazy even if I set with a powder. I hate it so much and of course I wouldn't recommend it to anyone (only to few enemies!)
The only way I can use this is to conceal any blemishes I have. If you want to use this as face concealer remember to tab it really well to absorb to your skin otherwise you gonna have pasty spots and it needs a retouch during the day because its staying powe isn't that great!
I pick NC20 (it has yellow undertones)
Will repurchase this again?
- No, Niet, Nein, iie!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Ha77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this concealer! It truly does exactly what it's supposed to. It provides great coverage of blemishes, dark circles, and any discolorization you may have. You can put this on lightly or build it up to cover any darker areas a brush (or your fingertips for on the go touch ups). The pot doesn't bother me at all. My only problem with this concealer is the fact I'm allergic to it and cannot use it, as it makes my skin turn bright red, it burns like hell, and my skin literally peels off my face after a few days of applying it. It sucks considering how well this product works, I've been trying to find a dupe for it and so far have been unsuccessful, I must continue my search for a great concealer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

I got this in NC30, a week later, I was already at NC40. Le sigh. Anyway, this review is not about color match, but performance.
First off, it is deceptively opaque for how greasy/slippery it feels on the finger. If I don't use a light hand, my undereyes look terrible and panda-like, sort of thick and fake and try-hard. I wouldn't say this is for concealing dark circles but rather blemishes, where this works perfectly with a tiny little brush and a scribbly motion. A little does go a long way and I don't see myself repurchasing ever since it will probably last me into the afterlife.

The only thing that doesn't agree with me is its pot form. I wouldn't recommend fingers with this in the first place, but this means it's not very convenient to travel with. Also stashed in the trashcan that is my collection I get it confused with MAC e/s and I sometimes just opt for a different concealer lol.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is by far the rolls royce of concealers it gives impeccable coverage its definitely full coverage and the fact that it will last a long time is an extra added bonus I have tried low end to high end concealers and this by far is my top concealer I have used thus far its the only thing that covers my purple dark circles with ease and it actually stays put which most concealers don't I use nw15 and it matches my fair complexion perfectly if you haven't found the perfect concealer your search ends here.UPDATE I have to rate this badly that being because it is just too far to dry and that is why it spreads unevenly and just looks a cakey mess am going to try mac pro wear long wear concealer and hope for the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by iwannago

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

ive been using this concealer for a little while now. i love love love it for covering blemishes and sometimes annoying redness on my cheeks. its really pigmented and can cover almost anything! i dislike it under my eyes because i find it abit to heavy and because its creamy, my mascara and liner always transfer down! urgh then i try to wipe it away then i just have greyish under eyes, but over all this concealer is creamy, really pigmented and a joy to use! recommend to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm REALLY, really impressed by this. I really liked the Pro Longwear concealer, but it wasn't covering really red blemishes, especially fresh ones, so I decided to get one of these. I've had a more solid form before of concealer, and liked it for the most part, but it didn't stay well, oxidized and creased really well and I think that's why I put it off because I thought it would happen again.

I'm normally an NW15, but she gave me NC15 for the redness and I was surprised at how well it blended into my cool toned skin, it wasn't blaintly obvious about where it was at. What I was most surprised at was how creamy the texture was. It's thick, but creamy, not drying, doesn't feel like it's caking on your skin, and I really hate to say this, but "blends like a dream", which I've never experienced. Make-up doesn't stay on my face for some reason, but this does. Half of my foundation will be gone, my blush, but my places are concealed or it's fainted just a little, but gradually all over, not in splotches.

I was also worried about the size for the price, a little goes a long way, very pigmented, I feel like it was a very smart purchase for me and I'm very grateful for it. I'm someone who doesn't like to buy something that amount unless it's good, I read many reviews before I make a choice and this is definitely one of those things that I feel like I made not only a good choice, but wondering why I didn't earlier.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

This stuff is good- does the job, good coverage for imperfections etc, yet somehow I find I never use it...this is maybe testament to the fact that its quite heavy duty- and I often opt for an ever so slightly lighter concealer. It's thickness also makes me worry that it'll aggravate my spots, although I don't wear it everyday and therefore can neither confirm or refute that. Ultimately, if you're looking for a thick, heavy coverage concealer- this works. Could you get one of equal quality at a cheaper price? Probably. I doubt ill repurchase, but if you've got the money and haven't found a decent enough one from a decent brand this could be worth a go...