December 20, 2014 | 1693 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Ztte3699

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore this lipstick :D i had purchased revlon colorburst lipstick in cherry. The color itself was good but applied it made me look clownish and gaudy in a sloppy corner hooker sort of way. Really Red saved my faith in the color red. On my NC37 skin and hyperpigmented lips, this comes off as an opaque matte neutral red. It didn't dry out my lips like most people say that matte lipsticks do, and it made my teeth look super white. Overall awesomeness.
The lasting power was pretty good, note that i wore this straight out the tube without any lipliner, primer, nada. and it didn't bleed.
As far as packaging goes, I don't mind with lipstick unless its so bulky it doesn't fit in a pocket or purse comfortably and this one is perfectly classy. It's a round tube with a matte black finish and a silver band. Nice. I would love to try out the rest of the matte lipsticks. But for now this will feed my lipstick addiction :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by lmr007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Starting to get more and more into red. I think this one is becoming one of my favorites as it doesn't look way to bright on me, and has good staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by gingersnap250

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely worth it! It is a fantastic 40s movie star red. I love the matte effect; it really lasts a long time. It's an excellent drugstore buy, and I'd recommend the other matte Revlon lipsticks as well, especially the nude. They really have the quality of any of my high end lipsticks (and I have everything from Chanel, Hourglass, Dior, Mac, etc.)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by theamazinganna

I was on a hunt for the best Ruby Woo dupe. I love the color of Ruby Woo so much but the formula is very drying and makes my lips peel. I could not find the heart to let it go because it gives me the perfect vintage vibe. So I researched and got myself this Revlon Really Red l/s.

The verdict? I LOVE IT. I swatched Ruby Woo and Really Red beside each other and the shades are so similar! I love the texture of Really Red a lot more, it's matte but definitely goes on creamy and non drying. A little bit of lip moisturizer underneath will do. I like it matte so I don't mix it with any gloss and the staying power is amazing. It doesn't bleed (unlike Ruby Woo) and it stays for several hours even after eating/drinking. The price definitely helps my rating too! Overseas, this sells for a little over 10$ but I know that it's only 5$ in the States. That's still a lot cheaper than my Ruby Woo. The MAC lipsticks here sell for 25$ (Isn't that insane?!). The packaging is okay considering it's a drugstore lippie. The lid clicks closed so I don't have to worry about it floating around in my purse.

Anyway I definitely will be repurchasing this again. I have a feeling I will be using this almost every day! Definitely my HG red l/s!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes this is a winner! This satisfies my desire to have that 'Jessica Rabbit' look once in a while :). A very wearable true red. Great dupe fof a certain HE lippie!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by LuxDeVille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have some weird addiction to red lipstick but of all the ones I've come across I think this is definitely my favorite shade. I freakin' love this stuff. And I'm pretty much convinced that it's one of those shades that will look good on anyone no matter their complexion. I love the texture as well but I'm also fond of a matte finish so that could just be me. If you're looking into buying a red lipstick I'd suggest this right here for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by ninjaturtles

Beautiful red.

I'm Asian with medium skin and slightly yellow undertones and not-so-perfectly-white teeth so I'm wary of full red lipsticks that will bring out the imperfections, but Really Red is really awesome red. I find that the colour is brilliantly intense and possibly a true red that is neither too cool nor too warm. It also balances out the yellowness in my skin and gives it a more rosy look.The colour is very striking, so it'll probably be more suited to special occasions or nights out, although I do wear it to school if I feel like it.

I didn't buy a lip liner to go with it, but it worked fine without the liner. It doesn't feather, and with some practice it is actually possible to use the sharper end of the lipstick to define the edges first.

For this lipstick to really work, it's a MUST to exfoliate. If I don't, the dry bits of skin on my lips become more obvious because this matte lipstick is so drying! The colour will gather around the dry skin, forming blotchy patches of 'red skin'. Once you exfoliate + moisturize, though, the colour can last well the whole day.

This is the first red lipstick I've tried so I cannot compare it with other brands, but for now I'm satisfied with the lipstick and will repurchase unless I hear of a better alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by itsallaboutthewonder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutly love this. I've gone through three tubes in the past couple months! It stays, and it looks incredible on so many different skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by In2th3night

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this color and it truly lasts. I put it on my previously moisturized lips and blotted , then reapplied and blotted with one ply of toilet paper and dusted over the paper with MAC's Prep&Prime transparent finishing powder.(any face powder will do for this) and then set out for the night....it felt slightly drying....but comfortable ....even felt like I had nothing on my lips. I had two gin&tonics and was out and about for around six hours....without checking my make-up. I felt like my inner lip had no color left on it....but when I looked at myself finally...the color had not budged one bit! Amazing! I love it and would love to get the other colors in their line!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought Two Revlon lipsticks: this one, and Nude Attitude.

It went on smooth but it collected like mad in the lines of my lips. It's a very bold color and not everyone can pull it off, but I liked it.

I didn't like the taste or texture, though, so I returned it today. Wouldn't recommend.