August 30, 2014 | 1063 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by baileymac

This is the only eyeshadow primer I use. Its great! Goes on smooth, gives the right amount of shimmer with a light, barely there pigment. It does not crease and lasts all day. I have been through many tubes of this stuff and each tube lasts a few months so although its expensive, its worth every penny for the results you get!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by KeeleySiobhan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a little sample size that I like and occasionally use when I use more natural shades of eyeshadow, but otherwise I don't really like using this. I find it a bit sticky, but it does its job alright.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by kiraty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is great! I have really oily skin, and this keeps my shadow on allll day. It is shimmery, so I use it all over my lid and up to my brow so I don't have to use a highlight. It's perfect for under shimmery shadows - really makes them pop!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2011 6:03:00 AM More reviews by characterarc

Had this for more than 2 years and picked it up by accident - I had meant to get regular UDPP but picked this up instead.

I have oily lids and this primer performed poorly on preventing my eye makeup from creasing. Within 2-3 hours, it'd begin creasing up. Also if you are like me and can only afford to have one eye primer on hand because of money, this is obviously not a does-it-all primer because it the shimmer will still show up underneath your matte shadows, its original purpose was for equally shimmery shadows. Doesn't work well on its own either if I only wanted a simple neutral wash of color because the champagne color really sheers out once blended onto my lid and just leaves it sparkly.

Somehow, the only time it performed better than usual was when my skin and eyelids were dry. Weird. Either way, won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this primer about a year ago, mostly because (a) I like UD's Primer Potion for the way it makes eye shadows last and last and look perfect all day and (b) it's in the colour Sin and I like Sin Eyeshadow because it's very close to MAC's Grand Entrance, which was LE. So I bought this, used it once or twice and then sort of put it aside and forgot about it til recently. I've come to love it all over again....

This is very much like MAC's Bare Study Paint Pot except I find it more blendable. Also, my Bare Study dried out. Now, it was just a sample but I think the jar they took it from was already drying out because even when I first got it, it was very hard to blend smoothly....the end result was very cakey and harsh looking. Not so with Sin Primer Potion. It blends beautifully. It is terrific as an eye shadow in its own right, imparting a beautiful brightness and glow to my lids and acting as a brilliant "backdrop" for whatever eyeliner and mascara I might use. And as a shadow base - especially under shimmering shadows - it is just excellent as well. Some disappointing shadows, like MAC Tempting, just come to life layered over SIN as a primer/base. Like the original, it makes shadows remain fresh looking and crease free through just about anything and it imparts a subtle glow under most shadows if you use it as a base. Also, there seems to be an amazing amount of product in the tube (the stupid "genie's bottle" shape) and I have the feeling that, unlike with the original, there won't be quite so many problems getting every last bit of product out of this one because of the texture of the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by poopinshmicken

I prefer MAC Bare Study Paint Pot. I don't think it keeps shadows looking as pigmented throughout the day as the MAC PP and the color of it is too shimmery and too pink for my taste. Plus, the MAC PP is less expensive if I'm not mistaken. One MAC PP can last me 9 months if used everyday and I feel like I would go through this product in 3 months. Plus the cap to my UDPP tube doesn't screw all the way. Is this a bad product? No. Do I think there are better options? Yes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by giasabine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I do like this primer. I has a champagne pink shimmer to it and it does double duty for me as a subtle highlighter under my eyebrow. It does not last all day on my oily eyelids, but it definitely extends my eye shadow wear quite a bit. It is a cute, but wasteful bottle. I don't even want to know how much product is still in there that you cannot get out with the applicator. I will search for a cheaper alternative. It just is too much money for such a little bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by iilovepiink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find this to be a higher pigmented version of MACs Bare Study, which I use everyday. BS has more of a highlight factor, while I think UDPP in Sin was too over-bearing for day-wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by BeautifullyNatural25

This stuff creases like crazy and is oily and thin and does NOT make shadows more vibrant even though sin itself is a pretty color and i like it more then greed. Also, the genie tube packaging sucks and waste half or more of the product inside. TFSI and MAC paint pots are way better and make eye shadow colors more vibrant. For a more detailed review of this product please refer to my UDPP-original review.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Amadahy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been a fan of UDPP since I first laid my grubby little paws on the unusual shaped tube... So when Sin came out I was among the first to run to the shops to buy my own tube of shimmery goodness...
But oh, how wrong was I? It looks lovely when it first goes on and then creases hideously within a couple of hours! It didn't matter how little or how much I put on, no matter if I used eyeshadow on top or not - it creased.
Urban Decay - how could you make such a useless eyeshadow primer potion? I am so disappointed :(
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone and I definately won't be purchasing it again - my tube was still almost completely full and it went in the bin without a second thought.