September 1, 2014 | 2001 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Hydrating Makeup SPF 10

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by momshell88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been SEARCHING for a good hydrating foundation, and my search has stopped after coming across this product! The only negatives I have to say about it is, that it is a bit on the pricey side (I paid $48 for my bottle) and that the foundation itself is quite watery in texture. I was expecting it to be thicker since that's what I am normally used to. However, I feel that the price is completely worth it! And I have tried LOTS. Drugstore cosmetics to high-end cosmetics...this is a keeper! I have acne scarring (not terrible) but enough to make ME self conscious about it, dry-flaky skin around nose and chin, redness in those same areas, AND slight acne breakout. This foundation covers EVERYTHING. Does NOT enhance dry areas at all! And that's a problem I had with a lot of other foundations I have used. Buildable coverage, photographs great! OH! and another plus is that I was actually able to find a shade that fit extremely close to my skin, if not perfectly! (My shade is 031 Sand) My face looks so smooth and flawless after applying this makeup (which I apply with a stippling brush). I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

**UPDATE** I have been using this foundation for a couple of weeks now, so I've been able to really get a feel for it (since I wear it daily)...and still, NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS TO SAY! i was in a hurry the other morning and forgot to put my primer on (uh-oh right?) That's what I was thinking. NOT AT ALL! I think I may actually even like the look of the foundation better WITHOUT the primer!

**UPDATE**
Still my HG!! I just really wish it wasn't as expensive! I kick myself in the butt every time I buy something else to try.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by amberlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation wears beautifully, and that's saying a lot coming from me. I typically opt for a tinted moisturizer because most foundations look way too obvious on my dry skin, but this one being a moisturizing foundation leaves me with a nice satin finish that doesn't turn cakey over the hours. For me, it wears the entire day, doesn't settle into any lines (big problem I found with MUFE HD), and it doesn't break me out! The only con I have with this foundation and pretty much all dior foundations in general is that it does oxidize so get a color a little lighter than your natural skin tone. This doesn't bother me though, cuz I use self tanner all year round and my face is usually a little lighter than the rest of me due to retinoids and aha's so it actually oxidizes to the perfect color for me. I apply with my fingers which makes it look very natural yet polished. I top it off with some meteorites, and mac fix+ spray and I'm left with a flawless face! Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by nicodavi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product was a big surprise for me. I usually hate anything that resembles foundation, but I'm finding as I get older (early 30s) the tinted moisturizer doesn't cut it and the powdered foundations are too dry for my skin and the dry climate where I live. It's not cheap BUT I've had the same bottle for almost 9 months now with daily use! I thought I was running out a few months ago so I picked up another bottle (it's sold at both Sephora and Shopper's Drug Mart). It's been sitting in the box since I bought it because I've not needed to open it yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by DollFaceMUA

Hands down this foundation is different than others ( in a good way!) I have tried a ton of different foundations and none of them could ever look flawless after about 5 hours and this one does! I have oily and dry combo skin and other foundations would always look gross, cakey and separated in the t-zone after a few hours. After dozens of trials this has given the best results. I was able to wear it 9 hours and still looked amazing!

It dries to a semi matte finish and was great on dry areas as well as oily.
Is a medium but buildable coverage. Consistancy is a creamy liquid. You may have to use a concealer in stubborn spots. Doesn't look like a mask. Will last longer powdered. Does have a fragrance. (and was Kim kardashians foundation on her wedding day fyi)

This is definitely a foundation worth getting a sample of to try out!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by figs10

This stuff is beautiful!! I have never come across a foundation which gives such decent coverage, looks so natural, and is so hydrating!!! I feel like I have nothing on when I wear it yet it gives decent coverage. When I want a more full longer lasting coverage I put MAC studio fix over the top, and because it is so hydrating, the powder does not cake at all. It looks flawless! Will definitely be purchasing

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by normy_normz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is definately in my high rotation of favourite foundations. Whilst I can't say it's my holy grail it is a really fantastic foundation that is often complimented. I have combination-oily skin that is quite acne prone. The thing I love most about this foundation is it's finish; it is the most natural foundation I've found whilst still giving fairly good coverage (I'd say its a nice natural medium coverage) I must say that even though I have oily skin I dont like a full matt finish and this foundation gives a gorgeous natural finish. The only thing I dont like about this foundation is that I do get some oxidisation and discolouration on a hot day and it does turn to tend slightly orange and oily on my skin. To me a powder touch up through the day is fine considering how beautiful and natural the finish is. I also havent reacted at all to this foundation which is suprising given my sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Starla83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful foundation, I absolutely love the way it makes me skin look. I have really light olive toned skin so getting a right shade in foundation can be a bit difficult at times but the colour 021 is a total match for me. I didn't find this drying at all, nor did it break me out and I absolutely love love love the finish. I didnt actually think it would hold up as good as it does which is brilliant! I've worn it in the pouring rain and humidly hot weather where expected it to have melted off my face but surprisingly it didnt look too different from when i first applied it....amazing!
The only down side is that i've found that it transfers quite easily....much to my horror when I hug ppl! :( otherwise this would have been my HG which is a shame. However, now i do combine this with the Dior Forever (i found this too drying if used alone, sadly) and its perfect....lasts all day and doesnt transfer so i'm happy :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by KeyWestBum

I enjoy this as my everyday winter foundation. My combination/oily skin will change to combination/dry during the real cold winters here. This foundation provides the right amount of moisture to my skin during the winter and it's considered HG staus. My skin coloring is unique because it's not too cool or too warm so finding a good match can be a pain. I like Dior's shade in Medium Beige because it is for light medium complexions and considered a neutral. This is a very runny foundation so I advise you to shake the bottle good before using it. I find the best finish is by NOT using a primer and using your fingers to blend. When I tried this w/ primer, I noticed that it matified my face too much and the foundation appeared dry without any "glow". I consider this foundation to be long wearing and will last up until I wash it off. I feel that this foundation is really effortless, you don't even need a setting powder! I basically use it like a TM and just slap on light dusting of bronzer over it and my face is near flawless. I find this foundation to cover up the redness near my nose and cheeks very well. However, I do need concealer on blemishes and undereyes. This foundation is light cover but you can certainly build it to medium. I find this is EXTREMELY buildable and never cakes up. Best of all, it doesn't break me out. However, Dior claims this will improve skin but I really can't comment on that. I don't see any difference from using this. The packaging is heavy glass and a great working pump. I'm on my fourth bottle of this and never had a pump issue. I love the shiny silver cap and bottle design. This foundation will set you back $46.00 but I feel it is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by lycaonvulpes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is amazing. Moisturizing, great coverage and looks so natural on the face but there are some cons to it. If you live in a humid place it will melt. I come from Florida so during the summer months, even with primer it would just start to feel like it was sliding on my face. On the plus side it does not look bad even with that unpleasant sensation. It stays put despite all of that. Because it is so creamy and moisturizing it also feels heavy during the Summer months so I recommend it during fall and winter. Unfortunately I can no longer use the bottle as I took it on vacation with me to the Caribbean and the heat seems to have warped it. It now has a lumpy consistency and goes on streaky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

I find this foundation perfect for all year long! As with all Dior products, the packaging and the formulations are sublime and are seriously inspirational for other brands. I loved the cooling feeling it gave to my skin when I smoothed it on with my foundation brush and I have to say that the scent doesn't annoy me at all! I loved the color match and the fact that their undertones are not overtones like MAC's foundations. A little of this goes a long way for me and it is wonderous for covering up the hyperpigmentation I have without weighing my skin down with a unbreathable mask. It does dry rather fast, so you have to work quickly with it. I find that if I don't let my moisturizer settle too much, the foundation is easier blended onto the skin and I can sheer it out better. I find this foundation's formulation very elegant and it works well in synergy with my other products, whether they are powder or cream. The reason why I didn't give it 5 lippies is because this contains alcohol and my skin is highly reactive to that, so I always have to be careful to not use it very often. All in all this is truly a great product as are a lot of Dior's products and I will repurchase to use it on special occasions.