April 16, 2014 | 2015 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Hydrating Makeup SPF 10

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by figs10

This stuff is beautiful!! I have never come across a foundation which gives such decent coverage, looks so natural, and is so hydrating!!! I feel like I have nothing on when I wear it yet it gives decent coverage. When I want a more full longer lasting coverage I put MAC studio fix over the top, and because it is so hydrating, the powder does not cake at all. It looks flawless! Will definitely be purchasing

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by normy_normz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is definately in my high rotation of favourite foundations. Whilst I can't say it's my holy grail it is a really fantastic foundation that is often complimented. I have combination-oily skin that is quite acne prone. The thing I love most about this foundation is it's finish; it is the most natural foundation I've found whilst still giving fairly good coverage (I'd say its a nice natural medium coverage) I must say that even though I have oily skin I dont like a full matt finish and this foundation gives a gorgeous natural finish. The only thing I dont like about this foundation is that I do get some oxidisation and discolouration on a hot day and it does turn to tend slightly orange and oily on my skin. To me a powder touch up through the day is fine considering how beautiful and natural the finish is. I also havent reacted at all to this foundation which is suprising given my sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Starla83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful foundation, I absolutely love the way it makes me skin look. I have really light olive toned skin so getting a right shade in foundation can be a bit difficult at times but the colour 021 is a total match for me. I didn't find this drying at all, nor did it break me out and I absolutely love love love the finish. I didnt actually think it would hold up as good as it does which is brilliant! I've worn it in the pouring rain and humidly hot weather where expected it to have melted off my face but surprisingly it didnt look too different from when i first applied it....amazing!
The only down side is that i've found that it transfers quite easily....much to my horror when I hug ppl! :( otherwise this would have been my HG which is a shame. However, now i do combine this with the Dior Forever (i found this too drying if used alone, sadly) and its perfect....lasts all day and doesnt transfer so i'm happy :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by KeyWestBum

I enjoy this as my everyday winter foundation. My combination/oily skin will change to combination/dry during the real cold winters here. This foundation provides the right amount of moisture to my skin during the winter and it's considered HG staus. My skin coloring is unique because it's not too cool or too warm so finding a good match can be a pain. I like Dior's shade in Medium Beige because it is for light medium complexions and considered a neutral. This is a very runny foundation so I advise you to shake the bottle good before using it. I find the best finish is by NOT using a primer and using your fingers to blend. When I tried this w/ primer, I noticed that it matified my face too much and the foundation appeared dry without any "glow". I consider this foundation to be long wearing and will last up until I wash it off. I feel that this foundation is really effortless, you don't even need a setting powder! I basically use it like a TM and just slap on light dusting of bronzer over it and my face is near flawless. I find this foundation to cover up the redness near my nose and cheeks very well. However, I do need concealer on blemishes and undereyes. This foundation is light cover but you can certainly build it to medium. I find this is EXTREMELY buildable and never cakes up. Best of all, it doesn't break me out. However, Dior claims this will improve skin but I really can't comment on that. I don't see any difference from using this. The packaging is heavy glass and a great working pump. I'm on my fourth bottle of this and never had a pump issue. I love the shiny silver cap and bottle design. This foundation will set you back $46.00 but I feel it is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by lycaonvulpes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is amazing. Moisturizing, great coverage and looks so natural on the face but there are some cons to it. If you live in a humid place it will melt. I come from Florida so during the summer months, even with primer it would just start to feel like it was sliding on my face. On the plus side it does not look bad even with that unpleasant sensation. It stays put despite all of that. Because it is so creamy and moisturizing it also feels heavy during the Summer months so I recommend it during fall and winter. Unfortunately I can no longer use the bottle as I took it on vacation with me to the Caribbean and the heat seems to have warped it. It now has a lumpy consistency and goes on streaky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

I find this foundation perfect for all year long! As with all Dior products, the packaging and the formulations are sublime and are seriously inspirational for other brands. I loved the cooling feeling it gave to my skin when I smoothed it on with my foundation brush and I have to say that the scent doesn't annoy me at all! I loved the color match and the fact that their undertones are not overtones like MAC's foundations. A little of this goes a long way for me and it is wonderous for covering up the hyperpigmentation I have without weighing my skin down with a unbreathable mask. It does dry rather fast, so you have to work quickly with it. I find that if I don't let my moisturizer settle too much, the foundation is easier blended onto the skin and I can sheer it out better. I find this foundation's formulation very elegant and it works well in synergy with my other products, whether they are powder or cream. The reason why I didn't give it 5 lippies is because this contains alcohol and my skin is highly reactive to that, so I always have to be careful to not use it very often. All in all this is truly a great product as are a lot of Dior's products and I will repurchase to use it on special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely hate foundation and was always searching for the perfect foundation to cover up my pinkish skin. The diorskin is one of my favorites; it provides medium coverage; it's lightweight and doesn't feel like you have makeup on, not cakey unless you didn't moisturize your skin or applied too much, doesn't have a bad smell, the bottle has a controllable pump. This is the only foundation I find that work for me because it looks natural and it blends well into your skin. However it doesn't come in a variety of skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by evesinkiewicz

Pros: *doesn't break me out (and most things that aren't specifically non-comedogenic do)
*takes me half the amount of foundation because it spreads so well
*has a longer wear than most other foundations on my oily skin (still not that long- about 4 or 5 hours)
*I got a pretty good shade match but that may be a problem for others
*Like the package (except for being afraid of dropping and breaking it)

Cons:
*I have oily skin and moisturize like crazy but this makes my skin feel dry (even when it gets to the point that I can feel the oil- not a dealbreaker though)
*it doesn't look horrendous when I'm in natural light and outdoors but it definitely doesn't look great and natural (still not a dealbreaker for me because most foundations I've tried DO look horrendous outside no matter what)
* doesn't cover much just evens out skin tone (however, with the dior nude concealer I can get a little better coverage for any small blemishes)
*very expensive (but to me, worth it as I have to reapply less often and only have to apply half the amount)

Overall:
*be aware that it oxidizes, so when finding your shade take into consideration that it will probably turn a shade darker and slightly warmer (yellow/organge) tone. The color that it is 10 to 15 minutes after application is the true color.
*do not try to "layer" with this foundation. it will only go on once. it is a light to medium coverage. putting on 4 coats of a light coverage foundation just makes a bigger mess of your face and draws attention to what you're trying to cover. either combine with a concealer and finishing powder or go with a different foundation.
*it is fragranced and that's a problem for some people. i personally don't mind and don't even notice 10 minutes after applying, but if you are very sensitive to smells, this may not be for you

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2011 3:18:00 AM More reviews by cakeface

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really loved the look of nude glow, but the color selection sucks! Im NC44 in mac and 153 in MUFE HD and none of the colors in diorskin matched me! either it was too pinky or too dark.. such a shame i really loved the finish! If you have lighter skin tone it will look great, but with my tan complexion it washed me out. wish dior will come out with more shades in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Interludes

This is my favorite foundation. It makes my skin look so beautiful. I was able to find a shade that matches perfectly to my skintone. It's very easy to apply and blends beautifully. If I accidentally add too much and it gets a bit cakey looking, a little moisturizer blends it out and it's back to being flawless. My skin is combination, but can also get oily and this foundation works for it. I have not had a problem with it oxidizing and the color changing.

I love how the packaging looks and it's very clean. The glass is pretty, but breakable. The lid clicks on and does not open easily in your bag.

It's $46 for 1 ounce, but it's worth it to me. It lasts me quite awhile, too.

I love this foundation and will repurchase it as long as it's available.