October 21, 2014 | 1991 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by lolgirl123

Worst foundation I have ever tried. It makes my face all orange and pink, it brings out the pores on my face and it looks cakey. The color selection is limited. The coverage is medium. I do not recommend this at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by trishanicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm normally not a liquid foundation girl. Nothing seems to stay put on my face since I've relatively oily and within an hour any foundation usually looks terrible on me. In the past I've only used a heavy powder.

Recently I decided that just power wasn't cutting it anymore and went on a search for foundation. About 5/6 products later (some expensive, some cheap), I randomly came across this one. It was cheap, so I figured 'what the heck'.

Luckily they were out of the color I wanted to get and had to go a shade lighter. The color is perfect! I'm a NC30 girl and the shade I went with is 200.

I've been using this product for about one month now. I don't use this every day, but sevearl times a week. So far, no breakouts and the foundation stays put. I do get a tad oily after several hours and I do a quick touch up with some powder and I'm good for another few hours. It also washes off easily at night.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by lovemakeup101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation when first put on dries really quick, so it's hard to blend. You have to try and blend it pretty quickly before it dries up. Once you do try and blend it, it leaves sort of a streak on your face if you look closely, in other words it does not blend very well. Also the staying power does not last, after about 2-3hrs of wear, you start getting shiny and oily, and the makeup seems to separate; which for reference I'm actually not very oily, just usually on my nose and chin area. The name is misleading, the makeup does not stay matte. I give it 1 lippie for the packaging and the price, but that's it. The packaging I have to say is very good, it comes in a flat, easy to squeeze plastic tube that controls the amount you want to come out really well, but in the end, the product inside does not live up to it's name. I do not reccommend!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just ick!
Has not oil control whatsoever.
My face was nasty after 2 hrs.
Matte my butt!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by andshespins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is one of my favorite light foundations for summer. i love rimmels line of foundations and this is the best for me since i have breakout prone skin. i find it to not work with how dry my skin gets in the winter though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by kattg425

This is my everyday foundation for cold weather months. I tried this on during the summer and I was all shiny and oily so definitely a fall/winter foundation for me. I use rimmel lasting finish for summer. I like the finish of stay matte it gives a luminous glow, not matte at all. The coverage is light so I have to layer this on. I did notice that when applying I found streaks of red or black pigment but just have to blend it well into your skin. This did not break me out and I seem to notice that this happens to benefit my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2009 10:13:00 AM More reviews by xxAlandraxx

I purchased this product because it said it was matte and when i read the back of the tube it seem good for sensitive oily skin. I am actually quite pleased with this product suprisingly. The color matches my skin well (200) as I have yellow undertones and it gives a nice slightly dewey finish while not looking SUPER matte. I previously purchased another matte founndation and it made my skin look SO matte that I almost looked dead. I only had to blot once throughout the day about 6 hours after application which isnt bad. I have been using it for about 2 weeks and havent had a breakout. I wouldn't call the foundation my HG, but its not bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by kaseybrianne

I bought this because it was inexpensive, and after about two weeks of use I can see why it was so cheap. The color is hardly a skin tone: I chose porcelain and it has a weird green-ish tint. It tore up my face and completely dried it up, and left it an awful-looking battleground. I would not recommend it to anybody.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by LactoseOverdose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

When I bought this it was in the dollar bin at my CVS. (It had all the products that Longs had that they were not going to carry anymore) so for $1 I could care less if it was matte or long wearing. lol

It was the only one there and it's in the shade 101 Porcelain. I wasn't sure at first cause I've never considered myself with that light of a skin tone. But it matched.

I've been using this for a week now and it is the only foundation that works with my skin type and seborrheic psoriasis (aka face dandruff) which extends all over my face. It's my HG! I don't need all that much coverage so the fact that it's sheer is great for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by misstammy

I picked this up at walgreens when they had a BOGO on Rimmel. It was a good deal , but unfortunately the lightest shade was too dark for me ( I am a NC 15) . It lasted OK and looked good otherwise and I did not have a problem with it breaking me out. It was more along the lines of a tinted moisturizer. It was not thick and heavy which is a plus. I would buy again if they started making lighter shades. All in all it was a pretty decent product except for the shades. I would say if you can find a shade to match you and you like a lightweight foundation that wont get cakey, definitely try this.