July 28, 2014 | 1770 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Update: After using this for a month, I really don't like it. It adds very little volume and actually is a bit difficult to remove every last bit of it. Also, if it gets into your eyes it stings! Bummer

For lengthening this is great. But it is really difficult to get any volume. Because it's only for lengthening however, there is no flaking at all and really no smudging either. The removal process is actually kind of fun, it comes off stringy and you don't have to rub the skin under your eyes at all which is fantastic. Overall good for a natural look for everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by juliaaa123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall I am not a huge fan of this mascara.. I liked the application of the primer and the mascara did make my lashes look longer. The mascara did not provide as much volume as I would have liked.

That however, is not my complaint about this product - I found it impossible to remove! I hated having to rub off the "tubes" it left on your lashes.. Even with make-up remover I found I still had mascara remnants on my eyes..

I'd rather spend a bit more money and stick to my lancome mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Raygirl007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara REALLY lengthened, but the trick seems to be to get the black on while the white is still wet. I let the white dry by accident once and it was really hard to get the black to go on later and it didn't have any lengthening effect. So, depending on your application speed, this mascara can be either great, or rotten!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by trana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I think this is great for lengthening. No flaking, minimal clumping. You really have to have skilled hands to apply. Make sure to cover the white coat adequately. I don't think this will be my mascara that I go back to time and again. I need something that provides volume. I will keep looking for the perfect mascara but I may come back to this once and awhile.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by diotima133

I used to buy a separate mascara base (Shiseido or Kanebo), but I've been looking for more affordable alternatives (and I do need a base; otherwise, my lashes droop). This product has performed nicely thus far. My lashes look noticeably longer, but they also look very natural. (Don't expect to get much volume from this.) The first time I washed it off, I was freaked out by the creepy black tubes. But whereas other mascaras may still leave some residue even after using an oil-based remover or Pond's cold cream, L'Oreal's Double Extend washes off clean without makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by rubii00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know if I just don't have the hang of this mascara yet, but boy! does this mascara kind of suck. It doesn't volumize at all. It hardly lengthens either.
Edit: I changed the rating from a 2 to a 5. I should wait a few weeks now until I review on mascaras. They always seem to be too wet at first to really tell what kind of mascara it is. It doesn't smudge at all and does all the things I thought it wouldn't do before. Will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 5:43:00 AM More reviews by mec1223

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for about 6 weeks now. My lashes are fairly long already, so this makes them REEEALLY long! It took a couple of times to get the hang of how much primer to put on and that, yes, you do need to do one eye at a time, but the outcome is VERY nice! Oh, and it holds a curl beautifully, too.

I tried putting the primer on my lower lashes, but it was awkward, so I just use it on my uppers.

Removal is easy. I use a good makeup remover and get them nice and wet (with warm water) and then just gently pull them off.

I will definitely purchase this again...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by sparkledazzle

One of my drug store favs. Once I got used to working the primer and top coat, I really liked the results. Longer, and even slightley thicker looking lashes. VERY easy to remove. Just use a damp, warm wash cloth and place over eyes for a min., then gently 'grab' your lashes. Tubes slide right off. Cons- the white primer can be hard to cover the older the tube gets- def. discard after the recommended life of the mascara. 2mos. Def. not waterproof/cry proof, which is no big deal since I have dif. mascara for those days. Overall, I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by sorchao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After trying the "tube" mascara from Clinique, I looked around for a cheaper version and found this one. I like that it doesn't flake during the day and makes my lashes extremely long, and it's really easy to take off at night.

I don't like the fat mascara container (I'm getting used to it, but I'm used to something slimmer), and I don't like having to put on the primer application. The mascara itself clumps up pretty fast with air contact, so you've got to work fast!

I would probably buy this again, but I'm on the hunt for another similar product. Love the tube mascara idea (no more irritating flakes!), but I would like to try another brand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I have never found any primer/mascara double ended product that I liked, they always smudge, flake and leave me with raccoon eyes. I only agreed to try this one after asking a friend of mine what mascara she used because she had such nice long lashes. It is completely different, it does not budge the entire day, even through me working a shift in an un-airconditioned medical office sweating through my mask. I am pretty lazy with removing my mascara and can't be bothered to get a separate eye makeup remover to take off a stubborn mascara. I don't have to worry about it with this product I just wet my fingertips and gently remove the odd little "tubes" of product.
It really gives me great length and separation but does not do much to give thickness. I took off one lippie because my lashes don't seem to be able to hold a curl with this product. Would repurchase.