L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

3.7

on 10/19/2009 9:56:00 PM

Great product. Does wonders to my short, sparse eyelashes.

Update (10.15.09)

I have lost a few (or more) lashes while removing this stuff = ((

on 10/16/2009 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is kinda long, but...
I pretty much stick with Rimmel, because it's the only mascara brand I've used that doesn't flake off into my eyes and sting! But, it was my birthday so I decided to treat myself and try the beauty tubes.

So, I applied the primer, and then the black while the primer was still wet. My lashes looked long and thick, but they're pretty decent to begin with. I was more concerned with smudges, flakes and irritation.

So I went out for my birthday dinner with a friend to one of those hole in the wall Mexican restaurants with great food, and ended up wearing a giant sombrero while the staff sang happy birthday to me... and then, out of nowhere, one of the waiters smashed a napkin filled with CREAM into my face, and then proceeded to rub it all across my face! WTF?

I ran into the restroom to scrub my face (I have really breakout prone, sensitive skin) and noticed that all of my eyeshadow had been removed by the cream, but the mascara still looked perfect!! No smudgy raccoon eyes, no messy flakes, nothing!! I couldn't believe it. I expected a giant black, runny mascara mess, but it looked like I had just applied it.

When it came time to remove the mascara later that night, I just let the warm water from the shower run across my face, and then gently rubbed my lashes. It only took around 30 seconds, and the mascara came off in little clumps that washed away easily. No tugging, no greasy eye makeup removers...just warm water. Wow. I'm impressed!

So, to sum up: thickens and lengthens, easy removal, no irritation, no flakes, no smudges...definite rebuy.

on 10/15/2009 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a very good mascara. I think for lengthening it's great, it made mine look very long but as for volume, not so much. Had to add about 3 coats to get the lashes to look thicker. Other than that it's great and it comes off easily. I just clean my face with cetaphil and warm water and it comes right off.

on 10/15/2009 9:15:00 AM

I love the fact that this mascara doesn't smudge, unfortunately it makes my lashes look stick-like (as other MUA reviewers wrote). I'm going to keep looking for my HG mascara.

on 10/15/2009 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this mascara because I heard many good reviews. They said that with this mascara your lashes look like false etc but to be honest I wasn't impressed at all! I was expecting something much better than this. It gives me volume but not much length.. I haven't tried to get it off with warm water but i comes off soooo hard with my waterproof make up remover. It doesn't desolve and comes off into little pieces which I find disgusting!! I definitely won't buy this mascara again. I expected more but I was disappointed...

on 10/12/2009 9:35:00 PM

I've been using this product for a couple of months now, and it's fantastic.

I like how it doesn't smudge, and comes of with warm water.
It does lengthen my lashes a tad, but doesn't give it that much volume.

Also I find that you have to apply the mascara while the primer is still wet if not it won't go on as smoothly.

Overall I think it's a great mascara for lengthening.

on 10/12/2009 9:20:00 PM

Update: After using this for a month, I really don't like it. It adds very little volume and actually is a bit difficult to remove every last bit of it. Also, if it gets into your eyes it stings! Bummer

For lengthening this is great. But it is really difficult to get any volume. Because it's only for lengthening however, there is no flaking at all and really no smudging either. The removal process is actually kind of fun, it comes off stringy and you don't have to rub the skin under your eyes at all which is fantastic. Overall good for a natural look for everyday.

on 10/5/2009 1:56:00 PM

Overall I am not a huge fan of this mascara.. I liked the application of the primer and the mascara did make my lashes look longer. The mascara did not provide as much volume as I would have liked.

That however, is not my complaint about this product - I found it impossible to remove! I hated having to rub off the "tubes" it left on your lashes.. Even with make-up remover I found I still had mascara remnants on my eyes..

I'd rather spend a bit more money and stick to my lancome mascara.

on 10/5/2009 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This mascara REALLY lengthened, but the trick seems to be to get the black on while the white is still wet. I let the white dry by accident once and it was really hard to get the black to go on later and it didn't have any lengthening effect. So, depending on your application speed, this mascara can be either great, or rotten!

on 10/4/2009 4:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I think this is great for lengthening. No flaking, minimal clumping. You really have to have skilled hands to apply. Make sure to cover the white coat adequately. I don't think this will be my mascara that I go back to time and again. I need something that provides volume. I will keep looking for the perfect mascara but I may come back to this once and awhile.