Cover Girl Lash Blast Luxe

3.5

on 2/6/2010 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is one of my all time favorite mascaras! I loved the regular lash blast, so I thought I would try the Luxe. It adds fantastic volume and definition to my lashes. It never smudged, flaked, or clumped. fantastic! My only complaint would be that the brush is so big that it's hard to put apply with out getting it on my lid. Price is decent(about 9 dollars) I would definitely recommend and repurchase. :)

on 2/3/2010 8:59:00 PM

Love Lash Blast, so figured I would try this because it claimed it added some shimmer. The shimmer was no where to be found and was definitely not as good as the original. Nothing great at all, fine if you just need a little lift but nothing noticeable.

on 1/31/2010 11:52:00 AM

Really pointless. Not as good as the original Lash Blast.

on 1/30/2010 4:15:00 AM

If you rub your eyes, this definitely flakes. The color is only noticeable if you stare at the person's eyes in direct sunlight. Overall, kind of pointless. It gets too clumpy if you try to apply more than one layer as well. The handle isn't very good b/c it is unusually wide.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hmm I would actually give this a 3.5 rating if I could but just gonna give it a 4 because I love CG Lashblast. I bought this out of curiosity and I found it to be good but not as good as the original.

I have it in Black Platinum and honestly the shimmer is not obvious at all. I don't know if this is supposed to be a good thing but it is like pretty much non existent. I looked at my cotton pad after removing this mascara and I saw like one tiny fleck of silver glitter so I guess it's very very subtle. I kind of wanted it to show up a bit more.

Anyway compared to Lashblast I think the formula is a bit different. My lashes weigh down much faster and I noticed flaking which never happened to me before. It could be because it is brand new though. For Lashblast I find that it works best around 2 weeks after opening so this might be the case for LB luxe as well. The price was reasonable and the tube is pretty. Very easy to remove as well so that's a plus.

on 1/5/2010 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I saw the many raving reviews for Lash Blast so I went to the drugstore and bought this, Lash Blast Luxe. This one supposedly has tiny sparkles in it, but I could hardly see them. I chose the black/platinum sparkles combo.

I hated the brush of this. I felt like the bristles were too short so that this mascara tended to clump on my lashes. I have short lashes and one would think that having short bristles would be a good thing, but no.

I didn't find this product particularly spectacular. I was looking for volume and this did not deliver.

Bottom line: Product does not give much volume, clumps easily if you're not careful.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

While i absolutely love my covergirl lash blast mascara , this new lash blast luxe wasn't so great for me. it's was a muddy gray color with silver shimmer in it that don't even show up on my lashes and when it dries the shimmers flake off and get into my eye causing irritation and mess. I wont be buying this again but i will continue to buy the regular lash blast mascara in the orange tube because it is the Best!

on 1/3/2010 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This gave me a natural look (disappointing- no volume or length). The brush bristles looked so much smaller once they had product on them, it felt like I was trying to paint my lashes with a stubby stick. This didn't clump my lashes like other mascaras. I would only repurchase b/c of the price and b/c it did not make my lashes hard.

I do really like the Lash Blast brush -- it's very good at separating and evenly coating lashes. I just wish the product itself were better. It seems like it's not very heavily pigmented, just sort of greyish, and it really doesn't have a big color payoff. All the shimmer seems to do is irritate my eyes, and seriously, mascara NEVER bothers me like that. Itch, itch, toss mascara into trash, itch.

on 12/24/2009 9:12:00 PM

I really like this mascara. It has awesome buildable length and volume, and I love the subtle shimmer. It doesnt clump, and for the price you can't beat it!

Popular Mascaras