August 30, 2014 | 1077 users online

Bronzers - Too Faced - Chocolate Soleil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I finally decided to buy this bronzer. Actually, the only reason why I didn't buy this is because I don't care for the smell of it. I'm not a fan of chocolate and this smells just like a box of Cocopuffs :( I bought the sample version of this which is super cute and it comes with their flatbuki brush for $15 at Sephora called "Tan without the twinkle". The sample bronzer is 0.08 oz which is pretty small compared to their original size but I thought it was the perfect size to test out. So far, I do like it but I don't love it. I find that it is very pigmented even on my NC42 medium olive skin. I also love that this is matte so it doesn't make me appear oily. The smell of course is horrible but at least it fades in a few minutes. I find the finish to be a bit pachy and it doesn't blend as easily as my Wet 'n Wild and Flower Beauty bronzers. I also find the shade to be a bit orangy on me. If I make the mistake and go heavy handed, the orange tones in this can look pretty obvious against my skin. As long as I apply a very light swipe, I look natural. As for the travel sized flatbuki brush..............I FREAKING LOVE IT! HA, SINCE WHEN DO YOU EVER COME ACROSS A SAMPLE BRUSH THAT IS ACTUALLY WORTH KEEPING? THIS! THIS ONE YOU KEEP! Wow, blown away with the softness and quality of the flatbuki brush that was included in this $15 kit. Overall, A decent quality matte bronzer but not HG status for me. Will I rebuy? Probably until I can find a more cool toned brown bronzer that is also matte.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I liked the color of this one, however if I don't layer it on, then it completely melts into my own skin tone. I really like the smell of it, but it just takes wayy too much product to make it show up on my tan/olive skin. And for the price, there are other cheaper alternatives out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by 20Styx12

This is my go to brozer! I love the smell and look of this. It blends well, feels smooth, and is great for contouring. I also love the new packaging- the cute gold compact with girly details. I can't find anything wrong with it, however it isn't super amazing either. Just a nice bronzer. I'll repurchase though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

It is a bronzing powder that has no shimmer. Goes on smooth. Smells divine of chocolate. Unfortunately it is bit too dark for my NW20/25 skin. Even trying to apply with a light hand it would look off. Besides, it is probably better suited for skin with yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Jennifer21789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Right now, in more yellow the. Necessarily olive but, I loved this stuff, and it actually smelled (&tasted according to my brothers dog who loves to give me kisses) but it wasn't too much if a sweet smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by MakeupKidd09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh Too Faced, thank you for making such a great matte bronzer. This product gives you that beautiful sun-kissed bronze glow without the fake orange effect. Definitely a true brown, smells AAAmazing and you get A LOT of product for your money. For reference I'm NC35 skin tone with oily combination skin and this last quite a long time on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Yolamed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the smell of this product. It was my first bronzer as I was experimenting with contouring but unfortunately it wasn't dark enough to achieve the look I wanted and I had to return it for Lorac Tantalizer. Nothing wrong with this item it just wasn't for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

**UPDATE** 01/27/14
No longer a favorite of mine. After using it for awhile, I started to compare it to my Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer & it doesn't give that same natural effect that the Guerlain gives me. The Guerlain looks more refined and "at one" with the skin whereas this bronzer looks a bit more like an extra layer of a powder product in comparison. It's a great bronzer but I must say, I'm a bit spoiled by the quality of Guerlain & can't seem to shake it in favor of this bronzer.

_____________________________________

This is one of my HG bronzers (it might even be my number 1 favorite HG bronzer). I'm an NC35-NC40 and it's everything I want in a bronzer, its the perfect shade, perfect blendability, pigmentation, texture..just everything. A lot of people use this to contour but I use it as an all over bronzer- its too warm to contour with for me. I'm just so in love with this, I don't see anything getting better then this. This smells AMAZING and dare I say its actually quite tasty too (yes it actually tastes sweet but don't eat it!) That's definitely one of my favorite things about it. The packaging is cute as well. It's fairly sturdy and has a great mirror.
TEXTURE/COLOR:
Not powdery or chalky. Soft but not too soft and finely milled and super smooth. My brush picks this up easily without there being a lot of powder fall out. The color is a medium, warm leaning towards neutral brown. Its not orangey or reddish at all just a perfect brown. It's completely matte with perfect pigmentation for a bronzer. Its not overly pigmented but not really sheer either.
FINISH:
its very blendable and natural looking on the skin. Its got a nice diffused effect and it looks very dimensional and flawless. This is the perfect shade for my skin.
WEAR POWER:
it's got great wear power only second to Guerlain Terracotta. It stays all day 14+ hours without getting streaky or blotchy and holds up really well against oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by definebeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. On a day to day basis this is the only face makeup i use.
I use bronzer because i'm naturally pale and because of that i tend to look sickly. This really warms up my complexion. Honestly you don't NEED this. You could easily find a matte brown powder somewhere else for much cheaper but i bought this on a whim 2 years ago as a birthday gift to myself. It's very dark so I use it sparingly to give a warmer tone to my face. I've contoured with it before with good results. Plus it smells like hot chocolate! I'm a sucker for anything that smells like chocolate.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

Great scent, nice texture but this turned orange on me, very orange.
not a fan of that look, i even used a very light hand, maybe i should go for the lighter one? right now i like guerlain light in 01 blondes and regular terracotta in 04