August 1, 2014 | 1115 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by adgirl5

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First let me say I was blessed with makeup optional skin. (Thanks Mom!) I prefer a light to medium coverage with a natural skin finish- in other words, NOT totally matte that looks unnatural IMO or anything too dewy. I have normal to dry skin in winter. The key for me has been a fairly high strength AHA followed by my usual potions to bay any dry patches & keep my skin normal even in winter. I also use an exfoliating mask maybe twice a month. But on to the review. I've used it about 5x & really find nothing extraordinary about this foundation. It applies easily enough with clean fingers, a beauty blender or my Sigma small duo fiber. I like to save my MAC 187 & 188 for other things. It doesn't transfer, looks natural- not too heavy - evens everything out nicely as does my all time fav- Purple Labs Silk Sheets (have to order via web) & 2nd fav Perricone TM.

I will say if your skin is anything like mine, use moisturizer, let dry + add your fav primer first. I believe you always get better results w/ primer- no matter the foundation. I love the tube packaging for less waste. This product is less expensive than the 2 previously mentioned- but I'm not a brand snob & have had good results with drugstore brands as well. I ordered Mally's brand new foundation she developed for her celebrity clients who hate the feel and mask-like effect of foundations. It lives up to every promise! While it's lovely + truly gives a weightless natural finish, it's also too pricey- sold only on QVC at the moment. After inflated S & H + tax it's simply too expensive. All of this to say, I wanted to find a good mid-range foundation I could easily repurchase in store- although ordering thru MAC online is painless; quick & no S & H.

To another poster here, yes this foundation comes in NC37-the shade I bought. I'm still confused over their numbering & the SA I talked with wasn't much help. I think she was filling in that day. She said the Studio Sculpt is used a lot for brides & photos. for those thinking this formula is too heavy, it's very simple to sheer out with several techniques- you only need a tiny amount, so you DO get a fair amount of bang for the buck. I would recommend everyone curious about SS to get a sample! It will possibly last you a good week & is defo worth trying!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by reviewsreviews1991

Having fell totally in love with MAC Prolongwear and MAC Studio Fix Fluid, I deciced to give the MAC Studio Sculpt a go on my ever aging quest for the perfect foundation. This is by the far the creamiest of the MAC line meaning that the foundation is very forgiving. With the Prolongwear and Studio fix fluid it is very easy to over-do your application and end up with a cakey face or foundation gathered around your nose and hairline. This is almost impossible with this foundation as it buffs out perfectly and leaves an extremeley flawless finish. The colour selection appears to relate very closley to the Studio Fix Fluid for example NW15 will be the same in both. The coverage for this foundation is much lighter than either of the other two mentioned however it is buildable. If using this foundation for oily skin I would recomend on a strong primer or using an oil control foundation as a base as this offers no oil control and you can easily become quite shiny. However this is the only downfall of this foundation. The packaging is good as you have contol over how much comes out and its light and easy to travel with as it is minus the glass bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Emilygig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite foundation, beautiful coverage, love the consistency, lasting power and the bottle is awesome. I am acne prone and I also have eczema so sometimes I can get dry. The day before I went to Mac I was reading about the Studio Fix and thinking this would be the best for me, I went there and the lovely lady asked me about my skin and she pulled out the Studio Sculpt in NC25 and I turned my nose because it just looked that little bit too dark, she then said no you might be a NC20, which matches perfectly!
I've been using this for the past 3 weeks and been getting complements on how flawless my face looks. When I'm having a bad day I sometimes put two layers and it does not at all cake up! Sometimes if I leave my make up on for too long I can break out, this hasn't happened once.
Somedays I go back to some of my drugstore make up and it isn't the same.

I give pricing 5/5 even thou I thought I paid $47, I paid $52 for it. The over all quality and quantity (40ml) is very good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by IamJasmine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do not understand how people say they don't get any coverage with this?! I applied this only using my fingers as soon as the UPS man dropped it off and I was AMAZED. After having so many MAC products, this is my first MAC foundation. I only used drugstore foundations before. I have normal skin, and some dryness around my nose. This is an OUTSTANDING foundation. There was not a single sign of redness from my cheeks at all when I applied this. I hate matte foundations, they look so patchy and horrible on me. (Looking at you, CoverGirl 3 in 1) And this finish is perfect for me! You can add more to certain areas and it looks amazing. I could even go without setting this with anything. It isn't oily or anything at all. I did buy MSF Natural in Light when I bought this online, to be safe, since everyone said that it needed to be set with something! I wear this in NC15, and I was so afraid it would be too dark! It matched perfectly! I just made sure that I did a lot of research on my skin coloring before choosing which foundation. I wasn't too sure if I was an NC or NW. I knew NW would be too pink, and I didn't want to accentuate my red cheeks! (I bought this online because my nearest MAC counter is about 35 minutes away, and I'm 16, and nobody at the MAC counter knows my skin like I do, soooo.) Also, a lot of people here say it transfers, but mine didn't transfer on anything more than any other foundation that I've tried. If you are reading this review because you want to make sure that you choose the right foundation for you, GO FOR IT. The only thing is that it may not be for you if you have EXTREMELY oily skin. You would want to get a matte foundation, and this isn't matte. I see this being able to work on everyone else though, it's the best foundation I have came across! Oh, and I love the packaging! I love how you can control how much comes out, way easier than trying to control a pump! The smell is better than any drugstore foundation that I've tried. I've read other reviews where they say it smells almost like a sweet paint smell, and it does. The paint smell isn't a harsh paint smell though. The foundation smells good to me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 5:29:00 AM More reviews by pinkpastels

this is my first mac foundation. i like the consistency, the color matches perfectly to my skin (nc30 for reference), it feels light and lasts all day for me. the only problem is setting. to me it still feels wet on my face for a while after applying. i applied it with a beauty blender and the sonia kashuk flat top but it still feels wet. maybe it is because the formula is more moisturizing than my other foundations. to me its not that much of a big deal, i just dont want to apply powder and feel cakey but i dont end up looking cakey. as another member mentioned transfer is a con for me, especially because i talk on the phone so much. i love the finish, its medium to full, but i still have to use a concealer underneath for very dark acne scars but i dont mind, they always peek through no matter what foundation i use. i do recieve lots of compliments on my skin when using this foundation though so i will repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by marlybreij

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation works so well for my skin. I have dry skin, and this foundation does not accentuate dry patches or anything.
I’m an NC20 and I think almost everyone can find a matching colour at MAC, so that won’t be any problem.
The foundation gives you full coverage, you probably won’t need a concealer to conceal your blemishes or anything.
I absolutely adore this foundation, though there is one thing I don’t like. And that’s the price. Yup, it’s quite expensive.
Would I buy this product again? Nope. It’s not because I don’t like the foundation, cause I absolutely adore it, but I don’t need the full coverage. There are other foundations that work for me, that are cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by rosiealice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Firstly, I have medium-toned olive, dry skin, and am NC37 for reference.
For years now I have been an avid user of Mac's Studio Fix Fluid foundation. I do love this foundation, but since I have dry skin, it can accentuate my dryness a little, particularly in the wintertime.
I thought I'd check out Mac's Studio Sculpt. They don't carry this in NC37 as far as I know, so I was matched to NC40. I don't believe there's a huge difference in colour between the two, on me at least, so the shade upgrade didn't bother me.
I absolutely adore this foundation. It gives a satin finish - not quite matte, not quite dewy, but the perfect in-between. Although it is quite a thick foundation (think almost paste-like in consistency), I find it is quite blendable, especially with something like the Real Techniques' Buffing Brush.
Now I bought this overseas, and even then it cost about $30. Here in Australia it retails for $52, which is so expensive! Therefore, I use this foundation sparingly, and dread the day it runs out and I have to repurchase... (I know I will though, I love it that much!)
If you're looking for a foundation that is going to smooth out your skin and give you a gorgeous, youthful glow, I would definitely recommend Studio Sculpt.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by sclaire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the consistency, the packaging, the satin finish and it lasts ages on my very dry skin but the colour is kind of pink and I do not like it very much,as I prefer yellow based foundations. The price I think it´s quite expensive but it lasts for ages as I only use a small amount of it to cover my face. The big no no for me is the colour, if it was more yellow I would absolutely adore it! It hydratates my skin in such a lovely way!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by beccaflynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

would i buy it again? HELL. NO. i would rather wipe poop on my face because i think it would look better than this foundation. awful consistency, awful staying power, AWFUL colour (oxidises like CRAZY) literally i came on here before buying and i read the good and the bad reveiws and as per usual i was swayed by the ravings of hardcore mac queens promising this was a holy grail foundation sent from the heavens above that every girl needed in her life. so i ignored the bad reveiws, thinking i would be one of the lucky ones who had found her perfect foundation after years of searching.

well let me tell you, this foundation is disgusting. D.I.S.G.U.S.T.I.N.G. it goes on your face sticky, and despite layers of powder on top, it stays sticky all day. transfers onto everything your face comes into contact with.- clothes, phone, even OTHER PEOPLE WHEN YOU HUG THEM. honestly, i hugged my friend and he ended up with my foundation on his collar. gross.
it seperates like you wouldnt believe and goes patchy. it turns orange within an hour, it broke me out in painful cystic acne nodules under the skin that lasted weeks and are still healing. like i literally refused to go out for a week because my skin was so horrific. if you rub it in AT ALL, it just completely rubs of your face so you even up looking patchy. this particularly happened around my EYE BROWS?? i just had rings of white skin around my eyebrows and white patches on my cheeks and forhead and then orange greasy sticky skin everywhere else.
honestly, the worst foundation ive ever used.
please, save yourself £24 and a skin nightmare

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by sniffer123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

PROS: Very buildable, and with a stippling brush, can create an airbrushed look - concealer not required

CONS: Even after I set this with loose powder, the foundation comes off - like I have foundation marks on my cellphone. Can't be used in a very humid weather as it melts. It also doesn't sink into my skin.

Not again.