MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%; Titanium Dioxide 2%, Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Isostearic Acid, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinylmethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Shea Butter, Yeast Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Phytantriol, Dextrin Palmitate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG -10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 1/13/2014 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
I like the finish, love the packaging, I like the amount you get (40ml), like the natural sheer finish (yet its still medium coverage)

Cons:
It just seems to sit on my face, say after and hour of application I would wipe my finger across my face it would come right off on to my finger tip.
It doesn't entirely cover blemishes.

Its not a bad foundation at all, its just not 'wow' or holy grail material.

on 1/7/2014 7:17:00 PM

I visited my nearest M-A-C store and got advised to use this foundation as it has a satin finish and won't cake up in the dry skin that I suffer with. I have overall been really impressed with this product the pros are: how light it applies and feels, how little you have to use, the coverage(medium to high) and the density whilst it sits on the face. The cons are most definitely the smell it's like a really mild curry smell it isn't pleasant at all and another is the price id expect the packaging to be much more sophisticated and sleek like other mac products but I guess it's what on the inside that counts this is definitely one of my favourite foundations I would recommend

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have really dry, sensitive skin, so one of the MA recommended this foundation for me to use. First, I love the packaging. It has a squeeze tube that allows you to dispense as little, or as much product as you want, and it keeps it sterile at the same time. This tube could last you a long time. It has a really moisturizing, creamy, thick, full coverage formula so you only need the tiniest amount or you will look like you caked it on. It seems like it would be the perfect foundation for dry skin. However, I couldn't wear this foundation for 1 day without getting at least one zit on my face. I even proved it to my sister by showing her my skin before and after I wore it. It also accentuated some of my dry spots, and I thought it looked worse than just wearing powder. I really wanted it to work, because it sounded like it was just what I was looking for, but it didn't cut it for me.

on 1/2/2014 8:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ummm if you have oily/acne prone skin like I do, I would not suggest this AT ALL! Breaks me out every single time!!! However, if you have normal or dry skin, I bet it works wonderfully..

on 12/30/2013 10:36:00 PM

This foundation runs very orange, its really thick and gloopy and if your not careful quite greasy looking- you just set this with a powder otherwise it slides around and wears off extremely fast. It's a full coverage and you only need a tiny amount for your whole face, I find it oxidises so I would buy a shade lighter than usual. I apply it with a beauty blender, I press it into my skin using a bouncing motion- if I use a brush I get a streaky finish and if I use my fingers I find it sheers out to much. Do not use this if you have oily skin this is for dry skin, its very moisturising. I'm not in general a huge fan of mac to be honest but this is ok.

on 12/30/2013 2:08:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I used this foundation for around a year and honestly I have no idea why I stuck with it that long. It's extremely creamy so while that factor means it provides good coverage, it also means that it feels very thick and greasy on the skin; I was constantly breaking out when wearing this and I have since discovered it contains dimethicone (a big no-no for my skin and for avoiding acne in general). I've since thrown it out and will not be using it in the future.

PROS
- Fairly good coverage
- Long lasting

CONS
- Sits thick on the skin
- Skin looks shiny throughout the day, despite powdering & blotting
- Cheap-looking tube that gets dirtied/smeared with product easily
- For me, causes spots

on 12/19/2013 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

If you have combo skin or even slightly oily skin DO NOT PURCHASE. I am not sure what the MAC gal was thinking when she recommended this to me, but it is the worst foundation and idea I have ever used on my skin. I have combo skin and sometimes dry in the colder months, and this foundation sets really dewy anyway, so it made me look like an oil slick. It is full coverage, and that's about the only great quality it has. On combo skin it does not sink it, it just sits on top of the skin. I usually wear Pro-Longwear or Studio Fix and will stick to those. If you are combo or oily - do not purchase.

on 12/18/2013 2:25:00 PM

I have tried so many MAC foundations and the only one I have ever liked is face and body. This was my latest foundation from MAC. Recommended and picked by a MAC assistant so I thought it would cater to my needs. How wrong I was. This smells like paint and goes on like paint, it leaves streaks on the face and takes much too long to perfect. It was marketed to me as being good for combo skin, but it was much too dry. Prob would be way better for an oil skin. It's very sticky and was much too pale on my skin. MAC has some very pale shades and this was def one of those. Didn't work even on my milky skin! I had applied it one day to my skin and I could not get it to sit right on my face no matter how much I tried so I took it off completely - I would rather be forever without foundation than have to put this on my face again. For the price it just does not measure up.

on 12/11/2013 4:42:00 AM

I love this foundation because I have dry and flakey skin so this foundation doesn't stick to it and make it look worse. First foundation I've stuck with long enough to finish the whole thing and buy more.

on 12/8/2013 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is for dry to normal skin people only!

I have oily skin so it slips off my face within hours but with a good primer and setting powder it can last a while.

I used this during my pregnancies(my skin was very dry) and i loved it!

The coverage is medium to full and this is in the only foundation i've tried that matches my skin PERFECTLY(NC37).

You only need a small amount to cover your whole face.
I like using a Buffingbrush or my fingers.

I would repurchase when my skin turns dry again..but with my oily/combo skin now..i'd rather use a different one.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Request: My Current Foundation Routine and Blue,Brown and Gold Evening look by Toni3luv