MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%; Titanium Dioxide 2%, Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Isostearic Acid, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinylmethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Shea Butter, Yeast Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Phytantriol, Dextrin Palmitate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG -10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 12/8/2013 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is for dry to normal skin people only!

I have oily skin so it slips off my face within hours but with a good primer and setting powder it can last a while.

I used this during my pregnancies(my skin was very dry) and i loved it!

The coverage is medium to full and this is in the only foundation i've tried that matches my skin PERFECTLY(NC37).

You only need a small amount to cover your whole face.
I like using a Buffingbrush or my fingers.

I would repurchase when my skin turns dry again..but with my oily/combo skin now..i'd rather use a different one.

on 12/2/2013 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Awful! Makes your skin super oily can even touch your face without it smearing

on 12/2/2013 9:31:00 PM

I have strayed from this product before. But I always go back. It is excellent for skin that is smooth with an uneven skin tone. But for my combination skin , it sometimes is dry and the foundation will only stick to those dry spots. That is the only flaw I find with this product other than I do have to apply it sometimes twice a day. Needless to say it is not good for longwear A.K.A a night out in the club. Overall all though it works well for my face and once I'm out . I'm buyinfg more.

on 12/2/2013 12:29:00 PM

I only have this as a sample, and i really like how the foundations looks on the skin, when i first apply.
But its like it won't dry, it almost wet on my face all day, and still gets into my dry patches.
I really wanted to like this, but I don't.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Im an nc 20-30 depending on the time of year.
I brought this in nc 25.
the texture is nice and smooth.
I cannot give a true reflection on this foundations lasting power and colour as I wore it over mac pro long wear...

However after wearing this for oneday over my prolong wear i have broken out over my forehead, cheeks and chin..
my skin looks worse and my pores look large and my skin looks irritated.

i was going to try this on its own today but due to the break out i will not be trying it again.

for people with acne prone, sensitive and porous skins, i would advise to get a tester.

on 11/30/2013 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I am currently a cosmetology student, i have suffered from severe acne for many years and was recently put on Accutane to permanently clear it up. My skin has transformed from extremely oily and acne prone to dry but i still have severe redness and discoloration. I currently use dinar airbrush as a foundation which work wonders to conceal the redness as well as not disturbing my skin. although it works well i was looking for a new foundation because it is very expense and the maintenance can be very time consuming. i decided to try mac's studio sculpt NC25. I told the woman at the counter my problem and she recommended this. The product didn't have much coverage at all for hyper pigmentation or redness caused by acne and cause it to look very thick. Over all i would not buy this again my next buy will probably be Vichy's Dermablend, hopefully this helps someone!

on 11/27/2013 12:04:00 PM

This is THE product. That one product that's a must-have. It's beauty sleep in a tube. Fantastic coverage. Very little product required. And goes on forever

on 11/7/2013 7:26:00 PM

I was hoping to really like this but I hate how it transferred! :( it gives a nice coverage and nice satin finish tho ^^

on 11/5/2013 11:06:00 PM

BEST FOUNDATION I HAVE EVER TRIED!!!!

on 11/4/2013 11:58:00 PM

I have bought this foundation 3-4 times. Each tube lasts me about 10 months, and I wear it everyday! I can justify spending $45 on this because of the time span, and how much ive spent on other foundations; never finishing them, before this. I am NC15, the lightest colour MAC has. Because this product lasts so long I don't switch to a darker shade in the summer, i just use bronzer. The tube it comes in is decent. its sanitary unlike a pot, and you can take out as much product as you want as opposed to a pump.

I've found Studio Sculpt has its pros and cons.

PROS: I like the coverage alot. its not too full, and not too light. I have freckles, and you can still see them a little, which is a good thing to me. it makes my skin look flawless, and MAC is the only brand that has the perfect shade for me. All drugstore foundations ive tried are WAY off tone for fair skinned girls.

CONS: In the summer my skins moisturised and a bit oily, so it has a tendency to slip off after half a day. In the winter my skin is dry, so it sticks to unexfoliated patches.. The easy fixes to these things are just to use an oil control face wash and use a scrub!

So far this is my HG foundation, unless i find a different one from MAC i like.
I will definitely buy this again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Request: My Current Foundation Routine and Blue,Brown and Gold Evening look by Toni3luv