September 22, 2014 | 1834 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by RomanXI

This is my holy grail foundation. I have normal skin so I don't necessarily need it for the hydrating and moisturizing properties but it just adds a youthful radiance although I am still young.
Three words to describe this product: Youthful, hydrating, flawless.

The packaging is bigger than what I expected, I thought the tube seemed quite thin and small on pictures but you do actually get a fair bit of product. I really like the fact it is in a tube it very easy to control, it's also clean as well.
Everyone says the product is a gel like consistency, when I think of the word "gel" I think thick and jelly like, but this product is more of a liquid cream, it's a really nice consistency, not too liquid not too creamy.
I find it strange people say this is a sheer foundation, it is definitely medium-full. It isn't a full blown dewy foundation, on me there are even subtle elements of matte in it when it dries, there is a natural sheen to it though, if you're scared of it looking greasy(it wont), just put powder on your nose, chin and forehead only.

If you have dry skin don't be afraid of this emphasizing dry patches, it really won't, it also leaves your skin feeling refreshed, soft and plump hours after you've taken it off, it's really nice.

For those with oily skin, it would be more difficult to get away with this product, although if you are oily only in certain areas, then by all means you will be able to wear this product if you prep your skin with a good primer.

It is impossible for this foundation to cake up or settling in fine lines or pores due to the consistency - have no fear of this being cakey you'd have to use a ridiculous amount for it to ever look caked up or greasy.

It is long wearing, incredibly smooth, has a very nice coverage and it will last you months and months, it's true when people say a little goes a long way, even the smallest amount spreads out quite far.

I would recommend this product to pretty much everyone, especially mature skins, it is youthful and hydrating.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by andreaboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So far so good, I think I really like this foundation! This is a very thick foundation, almost like a cream. It has great coverage, I would say medium/full coverage. So far it hasn't broke me out, I was worried about the shea butter listed in the ingredients but it's only helped my dry skin become more soft. I use my Urban Decay Optical Blurring brush and it applies amazingly! If you don't use a makeup brush it's best if rubbed throughout your fingers so it spreads evenly on your face.

It lasted all day and didn't become super greasy on me. I'm not sure how this would be on most skin types but on my dry/sensitive skin it's fantastic.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by patEMPER

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, i generally have to say, IT SUCKS! The colour doesnt match my skin tone, and after using for 45mins, my face looks horrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Tani3624

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A love hate relationship! For shade reference i am an Nc 3o EXACTLY, so anything even slightly bit darker looks muddy on me. My undertones are quite yellow and golden and olivey so for me it was every week back to the MAC store because i was on the hunt for my perfect MAC foundation and i wasnt satisfied with the studio fix fluid sample, the studio tech sample, the studio fix powder plus foundation or the prolong wear. None of them were golden enough for my skin! They looked grey and dry on me. I am oily combination with dry cheek patches oily t zone (Canadian, pakistani/Afghani) over here. We tend be with alot of yellow undertones! Until i found this beauty! This foundation glides on ever so smoothly (it has silicone) so it makes sense it would. Medium to buildable full coverage. But out of all the mac nc 30 foundations it is the most yellow/golden and has the most beautiful glow u look like a golden greek goddess! The packaging of the tube is perfect, it has a great skin like satin finish and its hydrating!! Perfect for sensitive, normal, dry, dry combo, and oily combo pple. I wouldnt recommend for oil pple unless u have a matte primer :) but even then u might finding a blot during mid day which isnt too bad girls! It oxides (yawn!) all the MAC foundations do, 4 MAC makeup artists told me that, only reason why i would hate it -_____- the play with this foundation is that it needs to be set with a mineralize skin finish natural and fix plus to finish the complete face, and before applying the foundation i highly recommend the prep n prime moisture infusion. Its a group made in heaven! All four products work like harmony together! The mineralize skin finish powder is used on top so that it doesnt oxidize to the point where it would be visible, the fix plus gives it more stay power so it DEFINITELY wont oxidize and the prep n prime moisture infusion is a miracle worker before u apple the foundation! i see no patches no dryness my redness has calmed & it definitely holds the foundation well. People just wont stop staring at me--- and i know its my skin. The price, meh, i thing its a little too much considering i used three other products to bring the best use of it, but if u want glowy beautiful soft smooth light-full coverage on the skin, you just met your match!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Ivonne24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First of all I'd like to say that this product would put me off buying any Mac make up, but the support received from their customer service after I complained about this foundation make me not remove this brand completely from my list. I bought this foundation with setting spray and pressed blush. The colour of the product is lovely and you only need a small dab to cover your face. However it turns really awful after about 3 hours. Really heavy, cakey coverage made me look like I used some horrible foundation. So not worth the money. Seems like I cannot use MAC foundations as they're not right for my skin type anyway. This one left streaks and when I wanted to set it with powder (or correct on my break) it looked so tacky I cannot use it in the office. Really really disappointed as the blush is nice. I'm really avoiding using up this product as it also causes so e spots as I think my skin cannot breathe underneath this heavy layer! Not happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 6:16:00 AM More reviews by spyderweb

I love this foundation, in my opinion, MAC Studio Sculpt is a medium to full coverage foundation, it's not as matt as the studio fix liquid foundation, is more of a dewy finish, you can wear less to make it look sheer, it can be built up to medium or full coverage. Every time I wear this foundation, I get great compliments on my skin, I am NW15, I have to say this foundation (NW15) looks really good with pink powder blush and plum lipstick, just amazing! I also bought the NC15 to go with beige/brown lipstick and peach/orange powder blush, it all depends on what outfit I wear that day

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by CrashBangKelsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the only liquid foundation I use; I don't even bother experimenting because this is just so perfect for me. The texture is very nice and creamy, making it extremely easy to blend especially with just my fingers. And most importantly, the coverage is fantastic! Liquid foundation is good for my dry combination skin but it does leave some shine, so I use this with the Studio Fix powder foundation overtop to mattify the look. And let me tell you, the two products together provide the best airbrush finish, and it lasts all day. I know that sounds like a lot and I know many people don't like the feel of too much face makeup, but I really don't mind so long as the coverage is sufficient.

Oh yeah, and it doesn't make me break out either. Huge thumbs up to that!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by adgirl5

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First let me say I was blessed with makeup optional skin. (Thanks Mom!) I prefer a light to medium coverage with a natural skin finish- in other words, NOT totally matte that looks unnatural IMO or anything too dewy. I have normal to dry skin in winter. The key for me has been a fairly high strength AHA followed by my usual potions to bay any dry patches & keep my skin normal even in winter. I also use an exfoliating mask maybe twice a month. But on to the review. I've used it about 5x & really find nothing extraordinary about this foundation. It applies easily enough with clean fingers, a beauty blender or my Sigma small duo fiber. I like to save my MAC 187 & 188 for other things. It doesn't transfer, looks natural- not too heavy - evens everything out nicely as does my all time fav- Purple Labs Silk Sheets (have to order via web) & 2nd fav Perricone TM.

I will say if your skin is anything like mine, use moisturizer, let dry + add your fav primer first. I believe you always get better results w/ primer- no matter the foundation. I love the tube packaging for less waste. This product is less expensive than the 2 previously mentioned- but I'm not a brand snob & have had good results with drugstore brands as well. I ordered Mally's brand new foundation she developed for her celebrity clients who hate the feel and mask-like effect of foundations. It lives up to every promise! While it's lovely + truly gives a weightless natural finish, it's also too pricey- sold only on QVC at the moment. After inflated S & H + tax it's simply too expensive. All of this to say, I wanted to find a good mid-range foundation I could easily repurchase in store- although ordering thru MAC online is painless; quick & no S & H.

To another poster here, yes this foundation comes in NC37-the shade I bought. I'm still confused over their numbering & the SA I talked with wasn't much help. I think she was filling in that day. She said the Studio Sculpt is used a lot for brides & photos. for those thinking this formula is too heavy, it's very simple to sheer out with several techniques- you only need a tiny amount, so you DO get a fair amount of bang for the buck. I would recommend everyone curious about SS to get a sample! It will possibly last you a good week & is defo worth trying!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by reviewsreviews1991

Having fell totally in love with MAC Prolongwear and MAC Studio Fix Fluid, I deciced to give the MAC Studio Sculpt a go on my ever aging quest for the perfect foundation. This is by the far the creamiest of the MAC line meaning that the foundation is very forgiving. With the Prolongwear and Studio fix fluid it is very easy to over-do your application and end up with a cakey face or foundation gathered around your nose and hairline. This is almost impossible with this foundation as it buffs out perfectly and leaves an extremeley flawless finish. The colour selection appears to relate very closley to the Studio Fix Fluid for example NW15 will be the same in both. The coverage for this foundation is much lighter than either of the other two mentioned however it is buildable. If using this foundation for oily skin I would recomend on a strong primer or using an oil control foundation as a base as this offers no oil control and you can easily become quite shiny. However this is the only downfall of this foundation. The packaging is good as you have contol over how much comes out and its light and easy to travel with as it is minus the glass bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Emilygig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite foundation, beautiful coverage, love the consistency, lasting power and the bottle is awesome. I am acne prone and I also have eczema so sometimes I can get dry. The day before I went to Mac I was reading about the Studio Fix and thinking this would be the best for me, I went there and the lovely lady asked me about my skin and she pulled out the Studio Sculpt in NC25 and I turned my nose because it just looked that little bit too dark, she then said no you might be a NC20, which matches perfectly!
I've been using this for the past 3 weeks and been getting complements on how flawless my face looks. When I'm having a bad day I sometimes put two layers and it does not at all cake up! Sometimes if I leave my make up on for too long I can break out, this hasn't happened once.
Somedays I go back to some of my drugstore make up and it isn't the same.

I give pricing 5/5 even thou I thought I paid $47, I paid $52 for it. The over all quality and quantity (40ml) is very good.