April 23, 2014 | 1730 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - buxom lash

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product...but not for my short Asian lashes. :( I had such high hopes too!

Pros:
- Great formula! - no smudging, no flaking, NO clumping, not too dry, not too wet - perfectly creamy texture
- Very buildable w/out clumping of course
- Brush is AWESOME with the dense, rubber bristles that coat and separate each lash
- OK for a natural, fluttery look
- If you have longer lashes, this would be a great one for you

Cons:
- Brush size is too big for my small eyes - hard to reach corners
- Doesn't hold curl well (I HAVE to use my Shiseido mascara base in order for it to hold any kind of curl)
- Doesn't really volumize or lengthen to give you a WOWZA look - a little TOO natural looking for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Kiannasmile

This is my all time favorite mascara. It gives you volume and length without clumping what so ever. It's a little pricey, but so worth it. The wand is so thick and it really grabs your lashes. Bottom line, I am in love with this mascara and I suggest it to EVERYONE!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Akaia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara! i usually use it with another one though. It curls and lengthens and gives somewhat of volume, but the formula seems to dry out pretty fast. I love it when it's brand new, but after a couple of weeks, i need another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by juliahruliah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had been searching far and wide for the perfect mascara for me. I've tried everything from Dior to Maybeline and never found something that I instantly fell in love with. I found a sample of this Mascara in one of my drawers and decided to try it and was glad I did! I have eyelashes that grow in separate directions on one eye so I can never get full eyelashes. Since this brush really separates the lashes I haven't had that problem since I started using it! I will definitely buy this mascara again...and again and again, it's my holy grail of mascara. So glad I got that sample!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by ihatespumoni

This mascara actually holds a curl. I have short sparse stick straight downward-pointing eyelashes. When I curl my lashes with a metal eyelash curler and then apply this mascara, it actually doesn't wilt the curl like most non-waterproof mascaras do. So already, this one is ahead of the pack. It doesn't smudge or give me raccoon eyes. The only thing is it isn't very dramatic. It gives a natural look. Lashes are well defined and curled, but not much volume or length. The brush is very big, so I sometimes hit my eyelid with the brush, but it's not anything a little eye makeup remover can't fix. If you want a natural look, then you'll love this mascara. If you want more drama, this may not be the best mascara for you then.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by maneatertm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara for really defining my lashes. The bristles on the wand are pretty stiff and the head of the wand is pretty big. The size is not an issue since it actually works well with my thick, course lashes. I can actually see the wand grabbing, separating, and coating each lash as I apply.

It doesnt give you lots of length and doesnt really thicken all that much but if you have thick, long lashes like me, then this is a good even day mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by efkeller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a firm believer in skipping out on high end mascaras, I just can't throw that much money away every three months! But I was excited to try this mascara out after receiving it in a gift set from Sephora. When I first used this mascara, I thought the formula was too runny for my liking. After a couple of weeks the formula dried out and I started liking it more, but I still don't think it did anything special. I don't really understand why this mascara is so expensive. It didn't volumize my lashes and it definitely didnt lengthen them. It's not a complete waste though, it's still a black mascara that I can wear everyday to work for a more natural look. It's a very boring mascara! I promised myself that I would finish it up before moving on to my favorite mascara.... Lash Blast!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by astrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Received a sample of this. I really liked the mascara. Nice thick fluffy (but not clumpy) lashes. The mascara also had lots of staying power. I'm not one to spend a lot of money on mascara (I do just fine with Maybelline), so I'm not sure I'd spend the money for the full price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by annielynnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased the full size Buxom lash at Sephora as an impulse buy because I heard great things from the employees there, usually they steer me pretty well so I went ahead and got it. It is definitely a very nice mascara, however, I am not really sure it's worth the price tag ($19) every 3 months.
On the plus side, it separates lashes very nicely and does not clump for me even with multiple coats. It also does not flake. This alone makes it better than a lot of mascaras I've tried in the past.
On the other hand, the mascara is not waterproof and can take a long while to dry. Because of this, it definitely can smudge, especially for me on the lower lashes. I am not a big fan of the brush shape, although I know there are others out there that love it. The brush is too thick for me to be able to easily coat my short inner lashes.
I would not say it is the best mascara out there for volumizing or lengthening, I have to coat my lashes at least 3 or 4 times to get really good volume. However, when I do, I am always very pleased with how my lashes look.
I probably would not buy the full size by itself again, but I definitely recommend getting it in a kit.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by crossett

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got as a Freebie from Sephora so I can't comment on the price, but it's not a bad mascara. It doesn't build a lot of length, but it also doesn't flake or run. Above average.