September 22, 2014 | 1226 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - buxom lash

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by kap112358

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This came in a set I bought from Sephora (Buxom makes great value kits - they're affordable and most of the time the products are full sized; great if you already love Buxom or want to try the brand). I wasn't really expecting much when I tried it, the packaging was pretty boring and I didn't recall hearing any stellar reviews about it. I have to say, I was impressed. The wand is a little bulky, but I find that it really coats every single one of my lashes! They look so huge! Although it's a little messy to apply (the formula isn't as thick as other mascaras I've tried), once it's dry I have no problems with flaking or smearing. I only wish that they made this waterproof!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample size of this mascara and I've used it long enough to decide I don't really like this product. The brush is long and very hard to work with without getting any mascara on my lids. I used it by itself and in a few hours the mascara ended up smudging to my lower eyelid. Panda bear city! I do have oily eyelids so that might contribute to that. I do like how the mascara makes my eyelashes look though. It defines them nicely but there is not much volume or lengthening. I use this mascara paired with Tarte's lights, camera, lashes and the combination of the two makes my lashes gorgeous. I won't be purchasing the full size seeing how I really can't just wear it by itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by edendani17

Best mascara ever! I love the bristles on the brush-- they're spaced out far enough so they get each and every lash. It always makes my lashes look really full and thick, but long at the same time. Worth the buy!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by CristiK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is large! The brush is huge and unwieldy, making application difficult. And the results were less than stellar. I needed too many coats to achieve nice lashes, and the huge brush just kept getting in the way.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by lindseymhelms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great, great mascara! I am always on the hunt for a mascara that will really beef up, and lift my lashes. In other words, I need a mascara that lengthens, volumizes, thickens, the whole nine yards! I was impressed with this mascara! Usually 3 coats will give me the look I like- noticeable, thick lashes. They will "lift" after the first coat, but coats 2 & 3 really thicken and amplify them. I always have issues (not as much with this mascara, but I would be lying if I said I did not!) with clumping.. surely more precise application, or a lash comb would help- but I kind of like that look anyways (no, I am not talking about spider leg-lashes-- just a little bit of thickness:) Overall, after trying many high end mascaras that performed just the same as any revlon, covergirl or maybelline mascara, I do feel that this one is worth the higher pricetag! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by gracymacy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is great. ive had this for about a year. what i like most about it is that i can have natural looking lashes or build up to almost synthetic looking lashes. whenever i wear this i get complimented on how long my lashes are.
the only downfall to this is that it is super expensive and i will probably start looking for something cheaper that's as effective.however, if you have the money and are tired of hunting, i'd say "get this"!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by PromiscuousGayCroMagnon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my favorite mascaras. The brush and formula provide great volume and definition. It doesn't do much for length but i guess cant have it all in one. I do one coat of this and another coat of a lengthening mascara. No smudging throughout the day. ID repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by amoyer2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite mascara. I like mascaras that give a lot of length and can hold a curl all day. This does that. I've use this for 2 years now and keep coming back to it. I know I like it because I've shelled out $18.00 for it (it comes in kits and there are free samples out there occasionally). Why I like this mascara: 1. It gives a ton of length, holds a curl all day (no need for me to use a curler) and separates very well. 2. The formula is wet and keeps my lashes in good shape. 3. It stays clump free and doesn't run terribly (runs a little if I take a nap, but that's pretty normal). 4. It has a lot of hold and can keep the small eyelashes in the corners of my eye in place (no small feat)/the big brush can get into the tiny corners of my eyes well. 5. The formula does not irritate my eyes (many do). 6. The product does not dry out quickly (Tarte - I'm looking at you). I will continue to use this mascara as long as I can afford it. For a cheaper version, (not as great, but good) I use Rimmel Sexy Curves. Hope this helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Carmelqtful

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow I love this mascara. It does what it say's it's suppose to do. It made my lashes long and thicker. It's not hard to remove and I love the brush. I usually go for a fat non plastic brush but buxom is the exception. I love it :) it's on my HG list.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Like most everyone else, I've been on a lifelong search for an HG mascara. I've found a few that I liked and none that I loved. I buy the Sephora lash stash every year to try out new formulas, and Buxom was in last year's selection. It was the one I had the lowest expectations of (I hate BE) and the first one I used.

I've actually tossed out all of the other mascaras that came in the pack, and purchased this a second time, along with Flawless Definition. They are hands-down, the best mascaras I've ever used.

Most brands out there have at least one version of this kind of rubberized brush, and I've always hated them until now. The Buxom one is awesome, gives me super full vavoom lashes, lengthens, and volumizes.

Best of all, this mascara does not clump. The texture is more liquidy than creamy, so it coats better than most, and stays on all day. Total HG for me. Love this mascara.