November 25, 2014 | 1755 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - buxom lash

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by blythegraves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Favorite mascara! Clump and flake free. Defines, separates, adds a bit of volume, and holds a curl. Lashes are lush and conditioned, not stiff. Very easy to apply (can easily build multiple coats) and dries fairly fast. I love the molded brush. Does not irritate sensitive eyes and contacts.

One con: It smudges a bit after a couple hours. I tend to have oily eyelids, even with a light dusting of finishing powder (Everyday Minerals). I find most mascaras smudge on me unless they're waterproof.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by dlsdls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is good for length and separation. I didn't get any clumping, flaking, or smudging. The results just aren't very dramatic. You get natural, wispy lashes which are definitely very pretty. I just prefer more volume. When I applied 5 coats I got the volume I wanted but I just think it's a waste of time to do more than 2 coats of mascara.

Buxom Lash isn't bad by any means, just not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by alwaysalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm rather indifferent to this mascara and I most likely won't be buying it again. I like the wand, but not a great fan of the product itself which stays wet for a little while.
I think there's nothing all that exceptional about it and my opinion is that there are better drug store mascaras than this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by jaybird2405

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go to mascara. I don't want to love it as much as I do. I love buying new mascara, and I am always upset that they aren't better than Buxom. When you get a new tube it is VERY wet. You blink, and you have mascara under your eyes. Give it time to dry out a bit, as it ages the more magical is becomes. I HATE spider lashes. That is not a good look... I don't care how long your lashes are if the resemble an arachnids legs. I want it all in a mascara.. Day, night, length, volume... The list goes on and on. Buxom is buildable with out clumping. I have standard issue lashes.. Nothing terrible and nothing spectacular. It doesn't give me a false eyelash look, but it's the closest I have come. My search will continue, but in the mean time my lashes will still look fabulous.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by kap112358

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This came in a set I bought from Sephora (Buxom makes great value kits - they're affordable and most of the time the products are full sized; great if you already love Buxom or want to try the brand). I wasn't really expecting much when I tried it, the packaging was pretty boring and I didn't recall hearing any stellar reviews about it. I have to say, I was impressed. The wand is a little bulky, but I find that it really coats every single one of my lashes! They look so huge! Although it's a little messy to apply (the formula isn't as thick as other mascaras I've tried), once it's dry I have no problems with flaking or smearing. I only wish that they made this waterproof!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample size of this mascara and I've used it long enough to decide I don't really like this product. The brush is long and very hard to work with without getting any mascara on my lids. I used it by itself and in a few hours the mascara ended up smudging to my lower eyelid. Panda bear city! I do have oily eyelids so that might contribute to that. I do like how the mascara makes my eyelashes look though. It defines them nicely but there is not much volume or lengthening. I use this mascara paired with Tarte's lights, camera, lashes and the combination of the two makes my lashes gorgeous. I won't be purchasing the full size seeing how I really can't just wear it by itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by edendani17

Best mascara ever! I love the bristles on the brush-- they're spaced out far enough so they get each and every lash. It always makes my lashes look really full and thick, but long at the same time. Worth the buy!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by CristiK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is large! The brush is huge and unwieldy, making application difficult. And the results were less than stellar. I needed too many coats to achieve nice lashes, and the huge brush just kept getting in the way.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by lindseymhelms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great, great mascara! I am always on the hunt for a mascara that will really beef up, and lift my lashes. In other words, I need a mascara that lengthens, volumizes, thickens, the whole nine yards! I was impressed with this mascara! Usually 3 coats will give me the look I like- noticeable, thick lashes. They will "lift" after the first coat, but coats 2 & 3 really thicken and amplify them. I always have issues (not as much with this mascara, but I would be lying if I said I did not!) with clumping.. surely more precise application, or a lash comb would help- but I kind of like that look anyways (no, I am not talking about spider leg-lashes-- just a little bit of thickness:) Overall, after trying many high end mascaras that performed just the same as any revlon, covergirl or maybelline mascara, I do feel that this one is worth the higher pricetag! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by gracymacy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is great. ive had this for about a year. what i like most about it is that i can have natural looking lashes or build up to almost synthetic looking lashes. whenever i wear this i get complimented on how long my lashes are.
the only downfall to this is that it is super expensive and i will probably start looking for something cheaper that's as effective.however, if you have the money and are tired of hunting, i'd say "get this"!