March 1, 2015 | 917 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverPure Moisture Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by hlnwnyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My first review of this shampoo said that it didn't strip my hair like sulfates shampoos do up to the point that it didn't wash off the silicone buildup from my conditioners and styling products either. I had to clarify with baking soda mixed with shampoo for my hair once a week, but I didn't put that against the shampoo. In fact it was a good thing because the conditioners and styling products were for softening and guarding against frizzies. With this shampoo I found I only needed to use styling products 3x week tops. I saved money with this shampoo! I gave it a negative review though because it didn't seem to moisturize. Well, I'm taking that back. The moisturizing doesn't occur immediately but gradually. After repeated use I found my ends to get more moisturized. My hair got softer and shinier by the end of the tube! So in the end yes, I'd buy this stuff again except for one thing: The scent. I like everything fragrance-free or unscented. So still not my HG shampoo but I'll buy this if I can't find anything else.

Note to people who use a lot of silicone products in their hair: You WILL have to clarify once a week. The other reviews complaining of a sticky or greasy buildup after using this stuff should look at all the other products they put into their hair. I used to only have to clarify once a month but with this stuff I had to clarify once a week until I cut down on my product use.

Update: Switching to a silicone-free AND sulfate-free shampoo. This stuff has silicone in it so I won't be buying it anymore.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

After hearing my sister rant and rave about how fantastic the Everpure line is, I decided to give it a shot considering I'm blonde and therefore always looking for products to preserve my hair color. I picked the moisture shampoo over the smoothing one simply because it smelled nicer. At first, my hair felt wonderful...silky, light, like I had just had it done. A few weeks went by and my hair got progressively greasier. And now, after about two months of use, I have such a horrible buildup on my scalp that it doesn't even clean my hair anymore! No matter how much I wet my hair, it still feels dry. I'm finding that I need to wash my hair daily now, which is inconvenient, not to mention expensive. I will NEVER buy this shampoo again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by 1pinkbunny

i'm going to explain my hair before commenting on this product. my hair was a level 9 blonde dyed to a level 5 natural brown. this took 4 tries before the dye would stay in over a 3 week period. i wan't a sulfate free shampoo and this was a walmart for the right price. i bought the moisturizing because my hair is pretty dry right now.
i was using biolage moisturizing shampoo which was great for my hair but not the color. after one use of the L'Oreal shampoo my hair felt like straw! there is NO moisturizing aspect to this shampoo for me. i stopped using after trying it two days in a row. i recently switched to a tigi bed head sulfate free shampoo and conditioner and the difference after one use made me throw away the l'oreal crap. so if you have the same hair as i do it may be better to put in the money for the better shampoo. it was buy 2 get 2 free at ulta!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this shampoo. It has lots of lather, cleans with out drying out my hair/hair extensions and it smells nice. I bought the masque and conditioner, but I am not impressed with those products. I bought this at a BOGO sale and I was looking for a sulfate free shampoo, and I will purchase this product again...

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by JenAtticus

What's with the static? When I brush my hair it actually makes the static cling popping noise and my hair stands on end. I've noticed my hair getting thinner and thinner and I have started asking my boyfriend if I look like I am losing my hair lol. Lots of broken hairs in the brush as well. Thought this was awesome at first and seemed to be keeping the color in but what good is the color if I have no hair left!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by SsjAnimeGW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm finding that as I read the reviews for this shampoo (also conditioner), I am relating more and more to others having similar issues I've been having with my hair recently...

This worked nicely at first, and indeed, I stuck it right up there in HG status, bound to be used forever, but as most HG products, it stopped working "like it used to" after a couple of weeks. Now my hair "clumps" up in the shower and won't let the water through (if that makes any sense) and after I've styled it (blowdry w/ brush) it looks consistenly like I've taken a balloon to my head and rubbed it around for an hour before deciding to go outside... but it leaves my roots greasyyyyy and flat no matter how much volumizing products I try to use.

I will probably finish this up as I am a poor college student, but nope, I will not be purchasing this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Licha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first it was ok because my hair was healthy. But eventually this dried out my hair and made it very frizzy - it does not give ANY moisture. It also failed to clean my hair. I only use sulfate free shampoos because of my curls, so I am familiar with their capabilities. Even though my hair is naturally dry, I would end up with greasy roots a day after washing my hair....I can usually go 3 days with no grease! So, to summarize, this transformed my healthy hair into frizzy hair, with fried ends and greasy roots - not good. I'm so glad the bottle is finally finished and I can trim my ends, buy a new shampoo, and move on!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by gambitlizard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently went red with my hair colour, and as we all know, it fades quickly. In an effort to maintain my colour, I love the fragrance, green & fresh. This shampoo has a creamy texture, and lathers well. It does take a bit of extra time to rinse, but it rinses clean.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 12:51:00 AM More reviews by arvlyn

As much as I absolutely LOVE the Smoothing version of this shampoo and conditioner, I do not like the Moisture version.

The Moisture version has the great scent as the Smoothing version. It feels thicker when you're shampooing with it and takes a bit longer to rinse completely out. I used this with the Moisture conditioner.

As my hair was drying, it felt pretty much the same as with the Smoothing version, but that's where the similiarities end. This version left my hair looking and feeling very dry. It was not moisturizing at all.

From now on, I'm sticking with the Smoothing version.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Bondyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really trying to love this product, but alas I could not.At first I decided to give it a couple weeks but it dried out my hair even when I used a moisture rich conditioner. It left my hair frizzy and unmanageable and made flat iron straightening a nightmare.

I also was hoping that it would help maintain my color but it started to make my hair turn brassy! I have used other shampoos and not one of them would do this to my color.

FYI: I have thick brown hair, and a lot of it. (lightened all over, with honey blond highlights, done in a salon)