April 19, 2014 | 1539 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by adudle00

This is a really pretty, classic polish. A very faint pink, almost neutral color that makes my nails look clean and elegant. It's applies very nice as well, I didn't have any problems with streaking, etc. A awesome everyday polish that's great for work or school if you're going for a 'my nails but better' look. Would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by gcgirlzprez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Somehow, I found this on clearance at Target for $1.98!! WOW!! I am a HUGE fan of Essie nail polish, and to find such an amazing deal on it, how could I pass up the opportunity??
I love this nail polish because its so natural, but yet so elegant and classic. It's easy enough to just apply a few coats before going out shopping, but lovely enough to pair with a little black dress.
It's effortlessly beautiful and classy.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by chiclet

I like the subtle colour, but I have problems with the polish peeling, too. I like to apply 3 coats for depth of colour and a top coat. The polish lasts maybe 3 days on me. The edges will start to lift, then cracks, for some reason, will start to show and then it will peel off. This has never happened with other Essie polishes. I said I wouldn't re-buy; I'll try other similar colours of another brand first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Mademoiselle is a neutral shade that goes with absolutely anything. It looks casual enough for jeans and a t-shirt and elegant enough with a little black dress. It is so classy and beautiful, I think of it as the classic sheer pink. It makes my nails look healthy, shiny and clean and I feel polished and ‘finished’ when I wear it. I would describe the colour as a very sheer, glossy light pink - 1 coat makes my nails look very natural, shiny and with just a hint of rosy pink whilst 3 make the colour a beautiful, lighter “baby pink”. I’m kind of over painting my nails the colour du jour and just want something beautiful and classic that’s like “my nails but better” and makes them look naturally perfect. I’ve tried many sheer, neutral shades but this stands out - not only for the colour but also for the application. It does not streak at all, the formula is quite ‘thin’ and it dries very quickly. It also lasts for a long time; I don’t even have to use a topcoat with it. I am never without this shade in my collection, it is a definite HG for me. Essie Marshmallow is a great pairing for a natural looking French manicure. I used to be obsessed with Shellac and Acrylic French manis but now I’m after something more natural. I have uploaded a photo of Mademoiselle on my nails - I used 3 coats and bear in mind that I applied it on the same day that I had just filed off my acrylic nails…I wouldn't recommend doing that. My nails looked awful as you can probably imagine, but I credit Mademoiselle with making them look healthy and shiny again until they fully 'recover'. Will buy this forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

I just received this in a swap--- LoVE it!! This is the perfect nude shade. A very soft light pink, high gloss and goes on smooth and even. Not milky and streaky like some nudes.

This may be my new HG nude, along w/ OPI Samoan Sand

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by bstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this. Great HG pale pink shade. Looks a lot like OPI Bubble Bath, but I like this slightly more. They are both beautiful though! This lasts about a week on my fingers before chipping. Looks so shiny and beautiful with three coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by speedracer280

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this after researching various Essie french manicure suggestions. I wanted it to look very natural (american manicure). This color is so sheer that to me, it really serves to take some of the white out of the tips. It seemed to match my nail bed color so I can't say that i notice it much. I only used one coat, two might make a more noticeable difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by mrsamr12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I did 2 coats of this with OPI start to finish top coat and I love it! it has just a tiny hint of pink, and looks like a very high shine natural nail.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by nadinejolie

My all-time favorite nail polish color - a classic french nude that looks excellent on any hand complexion and a must for any nail polish collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 7:09:00 AM More reviews by becstar216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first ever essie, and it sure got me hooked! I got it from a salon who use it (with Moonstruck) for their french polishes. I love just using it on its own though, it has a very natural, healthy looking nail colour.