Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 5/2/2011 9:24:00 AM

Don't look further if you want natural, shiny looking nails. Perfection.

on 5/1/2011 6:01:00 PM

This is a perfect "your nails but better" polish. It's natural and pretty.

on 4/20/2011 3:45:00 PM

i haven't worn this in awhile, so i applied some lst night- it looks so nice, perfect for everyday. it gives my nails a nice, natural, finished look. definitely a staple!!

on 4/14/2011 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I really enjoy wearing this when I have to go to court or need to look professional. I think it makes my nails look super clean and sophisticated. I usually prefer fun, trendy colors but this is a classic that everyone must have. For the longest time I didn't want to get it because it looked so plain - but it works! I use 3 coats and Essie's Top Coat. This did not chip at all (I had it on for 4 days before I got bored and changed colors). Get it!

on 4/3/2011 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I went to Bed Bath and Beyond in search of the popular "Ballet Slippers" because I needed a neutral color for an upcoming interview. It was sold out of course, so I browsed the other neutral light pink shades. My boyfriend actually helped me choose this out of 3 others I was considering! I love this color! I usually wear more vivid colors but this one is just growing on me! I've gotten quite a few compliments on it. It goes with everything and makes a great clean, polished look. I put on 3 coats and then a top coat of Orly Sec N Dry and it lasted all week with no chips! The only reason I had to take it off was to repaint my fast growing nails! Will definitely buy again if I ever run out!

on 3/24/2011 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wish I had the same experience with this polish that the other reviewers have had. It's a pretty color, though I need 3 coats for it to show up (2 coats and it still looks like clear polish to me). No big deal, though, since I don't have to worry too much about the manicure being perfect since this is a sheer, light color. However, as much as I like how it looks, this polish chips ridiculously easily. It has a rubbery (jelly?) consistency, and even after trying 2 different base coats and applying Seche Vite on top, it chips for me after less than a day of wearing it. This is very frustrating. Also, it will peel off in large chunks. I would not repurchase, and this is probably the last time I'll wear the polish.

on 3/21/2011 2:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Makes your nails look milky. You can see your tips through but not that much if you use 3-4 coats. Perfect for manicures if you add white for tips. Love it!

on 3/10/2011 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This color is a classic. I used to wear it all the time when I was into pinks, especially the pastel shades.

It does streak a bit, so I always used 3 coats for smoothest coverage - I like my manicures to be opaque & Essie tends to be sheer. Essie makes a nice selection of light pinks.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I agree with other reviewers on this shade. Makes my nails look natural in a pretty way, doesn't streak, only need 2 coats.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this bottle twice, because it's my go to for when I need a manicured nail without having to commit to a color. It's completely neutral, with the whitest pink, that you would have to layer maybe three coats to see. The picture appears a lot pinker than the polish really is.

Popular Polishes