July 31, 2014 | 1782 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte Lipstick - Nude Attitude

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by tayrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this lipstick! I'm a light skin tone and it looks perfect with any eye look. While it can be a bit drying due to it's matte formula, when paired with a lip balm as a base and a nice nudey-clear lipgloss (my favorite is ELF Minty Lip Gloss in Nashville) the formula is perfect. When applied correctly it does not set into the lines of your lips or any chapped pieces. It can become a bit orangey if too much is applied but is mostly the perfect color. I love the MAC looking packaging, just wish the cap was as expensive looking as the tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had heard this was the nude for any skintone...well, not so much. I am fair and I am just to fair. It would probably look great on a light-medium skintone. The texture is great!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by magcue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have very fair skin with cool undertones and I can't wear this lipstick. The formula isn't bad; it is slightly drying it's manageable. I think this color would look great on people with medium skin and darker but if you're light I'd avoid it.

The color tends to sit in the crack of my lips which is unflattering, and chapstick doesn't solve the issue.

In my experience a thin layer is all that's necessary, much more and it looks gross and chapped.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by tamidarling

Im going to say it - this product kicks MACs Creme de Nude's butt! I love this lipstick, it is matte, by the creamy texture still provided a great base. Its perfect and long lasting.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by danai

This one's pretty much unwearable for me. I'm fair and this comes out looking both anemic and orange; I admit I bought with experimentation in mind and not every day wear.
On the plus side, the whole Revlon Matte line is wonderful as far as consistency and lasting power go. Once you find a shade that suits you, whatever that may be, chances are you'll fall in love with the formula.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love matte lipsticks and often wear nude colors but this is just not a winner in my book. It just doesn't look flattering on my pale lips. The color just sort of "sits" on top and doesn't integrate with my lipcolor. It's not the Revlon Matte line in general, Strawberry suede is a dream!, it's just the shade. :\

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by furnando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This lipstick is not really a matte lipstick, based on every other matte I've tried. I would describe it as half matte half sheer..if that makes sense? The formula itself is quite good, it does not dry, but beware if your lips are heavily pigmented! Mine has some sort of frost/shimmer to it which I really don't appreciate because it just looks like I have a silver film on my lips! Also, I know some people compare this to MAC's Myth, but I found that on my lips it looks alot like Honeylove which by no means is a bad thing since that is my HG...it just doesn't give enough coverage to make my lips a true nude. The fact this is a non-drying formula and looks like my favorite lip color is the reason I gave it 4 stars. Otherwise, I have found better nudes out there, but I will definitely be using this since it doesn't wash me out (I am an NC40-42) and while the coverage is mediocre in my opinion I do like that it doesn't require to much playing around with, minus the multiple swipes I have to give to get good coverage. The price is another great point. For $6, less than half of what a MAC lipstick costs, this is a good staple drugstore lipstick.

EDIT: After wearing this I realized how much it settles into cracks and wears off very easily which is ridiculous considering this is a "matte" lipstick. If anyone is debating between MAC Myth and Revlon Nude Attitude, choose MAC it is much more of a true nude and lasts much longer.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by mar559

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this due to the recommendation of a youtuber a few years back and I hated it. You're better off wearing concealer on your lips, especially if its a liquid concealer. This sits on the crevices of your lips and make them look so bad, even after you exfoliate! Do not get this; save your money and get another nude lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first glance this looks like a pretty nude color, but when I put it on my lips it does not look good at all by its color alone, it looks like a concealer on my lips and totally washed me out. I have tried pairing this with different neutral tone lipliners to make this wearable. Whirl by MAC is the one that matches. this becomes atleast wearable. I don't like the consistency, it is half matte creamy texture but chalky. difficult to discribe.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by SouthernFried

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before I get to the unbiased critique, I'll throw in a bit of a personal opinion.

My lips are extremely red pigmented, which is horrible for lipcolor because I'm fairly pale and prefer to wear really pale lipcolors. I have tried foundation and concealer on my lips, but it was far too drying and enhanced my naturally dry, chapped lips. That's when I had the idea to buy a really nude lipstick and use it as a base (Which, I think most matte nude lipsticks are supposed to be used as). It worked wonders! My lips were finally a real nude lip! This is amazed me because I have never been capable of getting ALL the color out of my lips.

In case anyone wants to know how I personally did it:
I moisturized with chapstick, added a layer of Nude Attitude and rubbed in with my finger. I added a light layer of NYC translucent powder and then another layer of Nude Attitude and one more light layer of powder.

***This lipstick does not look good alone. This is best used as a base for a lighter colored gloss or lipcolor on top.

Anyway, here is my critique, as unbiased as possible:

Pros-
*A real nude color - not brown, not pink, just natural; I call it "colorless" if you know what I mean
*Lasts a few hours IF applied with powder between layers
*Very matte, which makes a perfect base
*Price is an average drugstore lipcolor price (but Revlon often has great sales!)

Cons-
*Due to how matte the finish is, it is very drying to the lips (which is why I always use a balm underneath)
*Alone, it does not last long at all (maybe an hour)
*If your lips are not exfoliated, it will highlight dry patches/chapped parts like all lip products do (because it is so light in color, it shows this more than a darker colored lip)
*In order to get the right color (especially for girls like me with dark pigmented lips), most will probably have to layer which makes the lipstick's life much shorter

I will definitely buy this again, but hopefully on sale next time.