Revlon Matte Lipstick - Nude Attitude

2.9

on 7/19/2011 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is by far my least favorite lipstick that I have ever purchased. I purchased this lipstick back when it came out in 08' I think? Don't quote me. I don't recall what I thought of it back then because had I remembered what I thought of it, I wouldn't have recently purchased it again. I love nude lipsticks but this one is an embarrassment to nude lipsticks. First, it clings like crazy to lip imperfections. It applies unevenly by caking up in some parts and going on very thinly in other parts of the lip. If you put on a second coat, the color from the first coat gets dragged around and the whole things just looks like an unpolished mess. The formula is a disgrace, its not creamy or smooth in the slightest but yet its not your typical opaque and slightly drying matte either. The formula seems totally unfinished like someone forgot to add a crucial ingredient when they were mixing things up during the creation process. I'm glad I only shelled out less than $5 for this at Wal Mart but even that was too much to spend on this low quality junk. I've seen much much better quality from Wet and Wild with their matte long-lasting lipsticks and will stick to those when I want a drugstore matte. Thank goodness that Revlon redeems itself in other lipstick lines of theirs like the Colorburst and Super Lustrous because the Matte Nude Attitude is a disaster.

on 7/12/2011 7:25:00 AM

I purchased this lipstick a few days ago and I love it especially since i have gotten a tan haha. I love matte lipsticks so this works I can do a smokey eye and use this lipstick with a nice gloss on top and I love it!!!!!!! My lips tend to get dry so I make sure to exfoliate my lips. Its a creamy lipstick and glides on smooth. I would deff. purchase it again.

on 7/4/2011 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I purchased this lipstick at my local Walmart on sale for $4.97. Not bad for a good lipstick. It is a really pretty nude color: almost apricot maybe but still nice. The texture is smooth and does not dry out my lips. The finish is really matte. The color is very pigmented and coverage is full. Overall it is a good lipstick. I will purchase again.

on 6/30/2011 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do love the color a lot especially when my skin is tanner during the summer. This would be the perfect shade! Unfortunately it emphasizes and enhances the dry and cracked appearance of my lips way too much. Even if I do wear a lip balm or use a lip exfoliator prior to using this product, it still gives it the same effect. I wish I could give it 5 stars but it's far too drying for me :( Although a great alternative to this lipstick for me would be Revlon Soft Nude!

on 6/29/2011 2:01:00 AM

I love this lipstick! I'm a light skin tone and it looks perfect with any eye look. While it can be a bit drying due to it's matte formula, when paired with a lip balm as a base and a nice nudey-clear lipgloss (my favorite is ELF Minty Lip Gloss in Nashville) the formula is perfect. When applied correctly it does not set into the lines of your lips or any chapped pieces. It can become a bit orangey if too much is applied but is mostly the perfect color. I love the MAC looking packaging, just wish the cap was as expensive looking as the tube.

on 5/22/2011 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had heard this was the nude for any skintone...well, not so much. I am fair and I am just to fair. It would probably look great on a light-medium skintone. The texture is great!

on 5/20/2011 1:06:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have very fair skin with cool undertones and I can't wear this lipstick. The formula isn't bad; it is slightly drying it's manageable. I think this color would look great on people with medium skin and darker but if you're light I'd avoid it.

The color tends to sit in the crack of my lips which is unflattering, and chapstick doesn't solve the issue.

In my experience a thin layer is all that's necessary, much more and it looks gross and chapped.

on 5/16/2011 11:13:00 AM

Im going to say it - this product kicks MACs Creme de Nude's butt! I love this lipstick, it is matte, by the creamy texture still provided a great base. Its perfect and long lasting.

on 4/30/2011 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This one's pretty much unwearable for me. I'm fair and this comes out looking both anemic and orange; I admit I bought with experimentation in mind and not every day wear.
On the plus side, the whole Revlon Matte line is wonderful as far as consistency and lasting power go. Once you find a shade that suits you, whatever that may be, chances are you'll fall in love with the formula.

on 4/30/2011 12:38:00 PM

I love matte lipsticks and often wear nude colors but this is just not a winner in my book. It just doesn't look flattering on my pale lips. The color just sort of "sits" on top and doesn't integrate with my lipcolor. It's not the Revlon Matte line in general, Strawberry suede is a dream!, it's just the shade. :\

Popular Lipsticks