October 24, 2014 | 1806 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by CathyEarnshaw2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation. I never thought I could use a powder foundation as my skin is on the dry side but this is lovely. It never looks chalky or cakey like other powders I've tried.
The color matches my skin perfectly. I use Rose Clair II. It feels as if I have nothing on my skin.
I use Retin-A and glycolic acid and my skin is very even toned, so I don't need much coverage. I'm 56 years old.
Dual Finish comes in a scented or unscented formula. I happen to like the scented version. It smells pretty to me and doesn't bother my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by blackeye48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this powder. it looks so natural and the package is beautiful. I have found my HG powder!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Hyt831

It was my HG foundation since middle school! :) before i graduated from high school, i only used powder foundation, this product and BE was my HG!! :)
even after i got into cream/liquid foundations and bb creams, i still use this product as my setting powder until I found my Bobbi Brown powder lol.
I like how dual finish compact comes in fragranced/fragranced free. and it has quite alot of colors. the color pay off is amazing, but when dusted lightly you can still get that translucent powder look! but no matter how much product you use the coverage is great; it also looks and feels light on the skin!
I am not to fond of the packaging, it looks very mature...a little too mature, not what a teen or a twenty year old would use.
The best thing about this powder is its shine control! wow.. it keeps me shine free, but not super matte! it just looks natural!! '

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by aerislina

Got this in Macy's for around $30.

The SA helped me pick the color perfect for my skin.

Overall this product is pretty good. It helped keep my skin shine-free. No whiteness under photography.

My only con is that it wasn't the perfect shade for my skin. Apparently my skin is an "in between" skin shades -.- BUMMER. That's why I took off a lippie.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 6:39:00 AM More reviews by jtguppy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I too have used this product for at least 20 years. I have never liked the feeling of creme foundation on my face - this has been a great alternative. I haven't used it wet, only dry. I can't tell you how many times people have complimented me on my skin because of it. For me, it is the perfect consistency. I sometimes wear a creme now (as I'm 49) but I always use this powder to "perfect" the look!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by panda78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted a powder foundation to give me that porcelain doll look. This is a foundation that many of my clients love. So I decided to give it a try. The scent is very strong and it reminds me of my late grandmother ( a good thing) . I have it in Linen and it's a great match.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by linds1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Although I think this is a little expensive, it's worth it! I love it. It's the perfect touch-up-half-way-through-the-day powder for me - I keep this in my purse. It even works to slightly conceal my undereyes if I need a little pick me up mid-day. I would buy it again, even due to the price. It has a bit of an "old lady" makeup scent, but I secretly like it because it reminds me of my Granny :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by 73steph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG for me!! I've been using this for years. I used to be very acne prone and this and Lancome's teinte idole helped my skin sooo much. I use this with the sponge on my moisturized face when I'm doing a quick face. Paula Begoun recommends not using it wet because it can be streaky. I also use it as a setting powder over foundation or tinted moisturizer, but be sure to use a brush in this instance. I can't believe that this product broke people out, I've never had that problem. I tried all the mineral makeups when they came out and BE and all those broke me out because of the bismuth oxychloride. I came back to my old faithful and it hasn't disappointed. This doesn't give the full coverage as the foundations with bismuth oxychloride but it has medium coverage and covers up most of my imperfections-- and that's saying a lot!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by roxypoxy75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this about a year ago. Back then I really liked its coverage,etc. I'm on my 2nd pan now and I realized that the coverage isn't so great after all, as i need to touch up frequently and it does nothing about oil control. It has a floral(?) scent too which kinda reminds me of old make-up. I'm just finishing this pan and switching to MAC Studio Fix Foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this before as a finishing powder in Matte Voile. It gives a nice, soft finish, and smells sooo good. However, I feel this powder clogs my pores, as lovely as it is. It works perfectly on my mom, who has drier skin, and she likes to use it wet also, which looks more natural. If you don't have sensitive, acne-prone skin, and aren't concerned with price, go for it!