April 16, 2014 | 1442 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this before as a finishing powder in Matte Voile. It gives a nice, soft finish, and smells sooo good. However, I feel this powder clogs my pores, as lovely as it is. It works perfectly on my mom, who has drier skin, and she likes to use it wet also, which looks more natural. If you don't have sensitive, acne-prone skin, and aren't concerned with price, go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by hearts317

Acne. well it sucks! everyone knows that! and sometimes i just need that extra little cover that isn't too thick or heavy, but doesn't wear off that easily. THIS IS MY STAPLE PRODUCT! i love it sosososo much! it makes me feel so confident when i wear it! and i got it at first but it wasn't oil free but it didn't break me out and now I'm getting the oil free and i cant wait to wear it! its about $38 so it is pretty expensive, and it doesn't come with a sponge/brush... but i have a ton of sponges and i think its definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by thisyearsgirl

This is the best powder I have ever used! I use the Matte Clair II finish. It does not leave a streaky finish like most other powders I have tried. I have used this product for years, and it is definitely the number one thing in my make up bag. The powder blends very well; I use it over the teint idole foundation for a flawless finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by smellsgood

Ok so this powder works well for me, I'm nc30 and wear the shade. Matte buff II. The shade is very well suited to my skin tone and the finish is so pretty. It doesn't look cakey but it keeps my skin matte all day. While I was pregnant my skin changed from oily to dry especially in the t zone. And this powder actually looks better than it used to. I'm still on my first compact and have had for well ove a year. A word of advice though, do not use the puff that it comes with I use a sonia kashuk face powder brush and the finish is flawless. Oh and the packaging is sturdy and the mirror is good quality I've dropped this so many times and it has never broken. for on the go touchups I use my too faced kabuki brush. Hope this helps.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by da8mui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really liked this powder at 1st, gave me a really porcelain skin look but had to gave up on this since it started to break me out like crazy! I got this in the lightest shade, matte porcelaine and it matched really well with my NC20-15 skin. The scent is very powdery..baby powder? and I find using the puff better than the sponge..the sponge seem to make the powder go darker on the skin or maybe it's just me ahaha

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by RicheleBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

great for normal skin. I used this dry with a sponge & it comes on great but fades & becomes very oily about 2 hrs later. perfect skin match & everything just not good for oily colored skin. my cousin in law has very fair skin so she uses this to retouch & as a foundation. but I have light tanned skin so it comes off orangey when I touchup. great product just not for me

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really hate to give a bad review for this product. I used it for a month, and honestly fell in love with it at first. The color match was perfect, and the coverage and finish was great!

Unfortunately, this product contains Mineral Oil (second ingredient) - which is a known skin irritant, and something I must be allergic to. It broke me out horribly after continued use. Luckily I was able to return it for a store gift card.

So overall, I think this is a nice product if your skin is okay with mineral oil - unfortunately mine isn't so it didn't work out for me. =(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Stare_Girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had been using Shiseido The Makeup Powdery Foundation for several months, and I realized that it was washing me out, as well as not giving me the coverage I wanted. I had used several Lancome products before, including their liquid foundations, but hadn't tried the powder foundation, so I gave it a shot. I am so glad I switched. It gives controllable coverage, and doesn't look powdery. When I'm in too much of a hurry for liquid before the powder, I just use concealer on spots that need it, then I use a kabuki brush with this powder, which gives a good overall base. Then I use the sponge it comes with, and dab the powder on anywhere that needs more coverage. It blends in so well! I was surprised there is no obvious powdery looking texture. It just looks even and smooth. This is honestly the smoothest looking powder foundation I've ever used, and the coverage is even and controllable (you can get full coverage). It does have a powdery scent, but I kind of like it. It smells feminine, and fades away fairly quickly. I feel it is just that extra something to add to the experience of the makeup application. I'm surprised the reviews here aren't better for this product. I can't rave enough about it. <3 Lancome

P.S. It wears well over the Teint Idole Fresh Wear foundation too, but I'm still looking for the right shade in that product - another awesome Lancome product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've never in my life used powder of any kind before but this is my new holy grail foundation. I had an SA in Nordstrom's apply some in Buff2 and man did it look awesome. I hate the look of foundation and since I have been working on my skin it is beautiful. I use Renova at night alternating with alpha hydrox, and Olay Night Effects. I also use my Clairsonic every day.
So now liquid foundation looks so much worse than my bare skin.
But this actually improves and evens out my skin so it looks incredibly flawless. It also conceals my dark circles, as long as I'm very careful to not let it get caked up in the fine lines. I never thought I would use a powder but this is a whole different story. I won't use it wet, but dry, it's amazing.
Buff2 is a perfect match for my neutral beige skintone. It makes my skin look so creamy. Do try it. Extremely natural looking. Perfection.
I am over 50 btw and my skin couldn't look any better.
EDIT: I got this as a small sample compact also as a gift with purchase, and applied that one with a brush, and it did not show up at all or do anything. This MUST be applied with a good puff to get the results of flawless skin. Also covers my dark circles well, but use a puff not a brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by jmag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The finish on this powder is really nice, and I used it for medium coverage.

However, the smell does not agree with me, a powdery lady smell that really bothers me. A scent free version is supposed to exist, however the lady at the cosmetic counter did not inform me of this.

The powder also will pick up dry spots and really show them. Although I like the initial coverage, a few days in a row of wearing this I get clogged pores and bumpy skin on my cheeks and jaw.

This was a really expensive product in Canada, and I will not repurchase. I expect more for the price.