January 29, 2015 | 1693 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by missbroke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have very fair oily skin with imperfections and fine lines. I have been searching for a foundation that gives a matte but not cakey feeling and look while providing lots of coverage since I was a teen (now in my 30's). I have been using this for 5 years now and can't live without it. I hate to wear makeup except when I go out somewhere special. This is provides so much coverage, fills in pores and fine lines without cakeyness. It is so lightweight too you don't feel like your face is heavy. I have to say though I wish they made the compact differently. You have to keep the sponge separate because leaving it in the compact starts to make the makup get that shiney stuff on it from skin oils. Also, they do say you can wet the sponge to get even more matte and more coverage but I don't recommend this because the moisture from the sponge really does ruin the makeup no matter how careful you are. FYI, this compact lasts forever so although expensive you are not buying it all the time so its definitly worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by hannah0930

LOVE THIS PRODUCT !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like the natural look and everytime i wear it people complement me on my skin....My skin appears poreless and just looks beautiful . I always apply it with a powder brush and if I need more coverage will use a kabuki brush. My color is Matte Amande III . I have been using it for almost 8 yrs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by maashi

This is my first powder pact (have always been a liquid fdtn person). I am blown away by the finish. I use this dry with the included sponge, and man I don't think I even need to bother with setting powder. The finish is matte but not made up. Coverage is medium, I hear that used wet it becomes high coverage, though I have had no need to try it. It is long lasting too, though I always prime so I can't speak for its own abilities. It is also pretty good at hiding pores. The pact is quite large and a little lasts a long way, so I am definitely a happy repurchaser and will continue to use for days when I want medium coverage. (Note Matte Amande III is a good match for me, I am NC35.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this on mornings when I'm in a hurry and don't want to mess with applying foundation/tinted moisturizer and a separate powder. I just buff this on with my kabuki brush and I'm good to go. Gives a beautiful, sheer, flawless finish that lasts all day. Some powder foundations (MAC Studio Fix, Laura Mercier) give a nice finish, but tend to apply heavy and look cakey. Not this one. My skin looks matte but not dry, and very natural. For slightly heavier coverage I think you could try application with a dampened makeup sponge. I have the unscented version and I have not had any issues with skin irritation or breakouts. You get a fair amount of product for the price, and the product goes a long way. I love this and will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by ponysonata

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this product. This was the first non-drug store foundation that I have bought and I had a little sticker shock but it was worth it. I have really red and blotchy skin. I don't have an acne problem but sometimes I get oily around lunch time. This powder claims to absorb oil but I don't think it does. It doesn't offer full coverage which is why I gave it 4 lippies. What I love about it is that my skin is truly luminescent. I have this gorgeous glow when I use this. Some powders made my skin look dull. I always feel gorgeous with this on. I always apply lotion(and you should with any makeup) before I use it because otherwise it itches. I don't cake it on right away because sometimes it takes a few minutes to really settle in and provide coverage. I have gone out dancing and gotten super sweaty and my skin still looked great. I love this and would reccommend it to anyone! If you want more coverage than apply liquid foundation underneath.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by chikorita23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have mix feeling toward this powder. The overall powder quality is excellent... definitely high quality! But the odd fragrance really annoy me. I love most of the Lancome scent, except this one! Canada doesn't carry the none-scented version, and none-scented version seem to have lesser avilable shade. *According from Lancome website*

The other problem I have is the color selection. 2 years ago I bought Porcelaine Delicated i (C) and it was too white. Recently I bought Rose Clair ii (C) and was definitely too red/orange for me. I've tried another shade forgot the name... probably in between the two shades I have. It was way too yellowish... So I'm still stuck with finding my perfect matching shade.

I do like how it is "None" SPF. My skin can't take SPF! Which leave me lesser choices as brandname cosmatic company tend to put SPF in their powder.

The coverage is excellent when you puff it over your foundation! Very poorly if you use it alone or any other methods the company suggested.

The packaging isn't exactly attractive in my standard. But I can deal with it. Overall.... I'd say I Iove how smooth the powder goes on my skin. Love the coverage over my foundation. But was basically upset the color range and the scent. I might repurchase if I can't find a good replacement.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by tempalina

I first started using this in college. I had pretty good skin so I did not need that much overage. I figured I can just use a powder foundation and I'll be set. I usually use the wet application and it's always perfect. No one ever knew I was wearing makeup until I told them!! I love the natural look that is why I am very much in love with this makeup! it blends perfectly well and also keeps my oilies at bay. Now, my skin is not as perfect as it used to and have to use a medium-to-full coverage foundation. I still use this afterwards, but now as a good setting powder. I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by CathyEarnshaw2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation. I never thought I could use a powder foundation as my skin is on the dry side but this is lovely. It never looks chalky or cakey like other powders I've tried.
The color matches my skin perfectly. I use Rose Clair II. It feels as if I have nothing on my skin.
I use Retin-A and glycolic acid and my skin is very even toned, so I don't need much coverage. I'm 56 years old.
Dual Finish comes in a scented or unscented formula. I happen to like the scented version. It smells pretty to me and doesn't bother my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by blackeye48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this powder. it looks so natural and the package is beautiful. I have found my HG powder!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Hyt831

It was my HG foundation since middle school! :) before i graduated from high school, i only used powder foundation, this product and BE was my HG!! :)
even after i got into cream/liquid foundations and bb creams, i still use this product as my setting powder until I found my Bobbi Brown powder lol.
I like how dual finish compact comes in fragranced/fragranced free. and it has quite alot of colors. the color pay off is amazing, but when dusted lightly you can still get that translucent powder look! but no matter how much product you use the coverage is great; it also looks and feels light on the skin!
I am not to fond of the packaging, it looks very mature...a little too mature, not what a teen or a twenty year old would use.
The best thing about this powder is its shine control! wow.. it keeps me shine free, but not super matte! it just looks natural!! '