Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.9

on 6/22/2011 9:23:00 AM

I had been using this powder for 3 years....love love love:) Highly recommend this product.

on 6/9/2011 12:45:00 PM

I had been using MAC studio fix for years. I always notice in pictures or sometimes after work my face just looked blah... so I mentioned it to the MAC SA and she told me that Studio Fix has something in it that will make my face look white in photos and that might be why it look white or washed out in photos. She said I should try the mineral powder, so I did. I was not happy with the mineral powder. So I went to try Lancome's Dual Finish and I am so glad I did. This powder is awesome! I wear it over my Laura Mercier liquid foundation as a setting powder and my makeup looks great all day. I had to go stand outside at a baseball game last week when it was 98 degrees outside and I was sweating but my makeup still looked good after the game, I just touched up a little with my powder and I was good to go. I would recommend this powder to anyone who is looking for a nice powder that looks good no matter what! It is pricey but it lasts for a long time and it also has a light smell to it, it's not bad though and you cannot smell it once it is on your face.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is AMAZING. I had been using liquid foundations, but this gives me perfect, long-lasting coverage! It can be used wet or dry, I usually use it dry. I combine this product with Smashbox Photo Finish Primer & Benefit coverup and I get a flawless look. I would DEFINITELY buy this again, but I won't have too for awhile because this product lasts for a REALLY long time and trust me, I use a lot. The only downside is that the packaging can get a little messy, and by the end of school I have to re-apply.
I would totally recommend this. :)

on 5/4/2011 11:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is the first foundation I ever got because my mom had a partially-used one that was the wrong shade for her. So for the sentimental reasoning alone I don't think I'll ever stop using it =P

Anyways, now I use it as a setting powder with liquid foundation underneath. It works really well for that purpose; it makes my foundation smooth and last for a long time. I live in California so it tends to get really hot during the summer sometimes, and it never melts off and looks disgusting like some other powders. Sometimes on really hot days it won't be so awesome at controlling oil and I'll have to use blotting paper, but I'd have to do that with pretty much any powder.

The only downside for me is the cost. But one container usually lasts me a really long time, so it's worth it to shell out the money every once in awhile.

on 4/22/2011 11:12:00 PM

So as everyone is complaining about the scent, it doesn't bug me that much but everyone is different. I have to admit this powder foundation is quite strange because it doesn't control oil well but it can give coverage (if that makes any sense)

The coverage of this foundation is medium, if you try to build it up it will look too cakey. Honestly, i like this when i want to have a light face on or taking pictures because it has no spf. This is so far my favorite powder foundation FOR NOW.

on 4/19/2011 6:23:00 PM

*****UPDATED REVIEW****

I like this powder. It covers up my imperfections (cheek redness, blemishes, chin from old acne spots) perfectly without being powdery. This is coming from someone who has DRY skin. I've never tried it wet because I've found that the coverage I get from being used dry is just fine. The trick is that you've got to apply it with a sponge. I would usually *never* recommend that (I always use my brushes for everything), since sponges could get dirty really quick, but that's the only way I've found that gives me great coverage. Just remember to replace it often.

So, to sum it up, here's all the pro's and con's with this foundation:

1) Great coverage. Can be super sheer (with a fluffy brush) and built up to medium/full with a sponge. I like the sheerness because I could use this as a setting powder for other skintones as well.

2) Not powdery at all. I have dry skin and this doesn't suck all the moisture out of my skin or make it excessively dry. Even when I've built the coverage up it never looks cakey. The results are always natural upon application.

3) Great color selection. I was lucky enough to get a perfect color match with the SA, however my little sister wasn't as lucky. I'm Matte Pearl I (I have fair skin, usually I'm neutral but in this brand I'm under warm and this is the 2nd lightest of the warm tones) and my sister is at least like... 4-5 shades darker than me. The SA matched her to Matte Porcelaine Délicate I, which is even LIGHTER than me. Ridiculous! When I made a comment that maybe we should go a little darker, she just snapped back saying that she's been a MUA for 16 years. No joke- there's a picture of us in my profile, my older sis is on the left, I'm in the middle, and she's on the right. I don't understand how someone can be so off! Pffft. Okay, end rant, lol.

Now on to the bad...

1) Scent. I'm usually not sensitive to smells but I found this to be overly perfume-y. When I initially smelled it, I thought it was just fine. What bothered me was how long it lingered around for... It started to get nauseating. When my little sister smelled it she said, "It smells just like grandma!". At the time I didn't smell the powder yet, I just remembered back to the reviews and I said, "Oh, it's an old-lady smell?". She said, "No. Grandma just uses a lot of Lancome." Lol! I have to agree with her that I don't think it smells ''old lady'' at all, it's just floral-y. It does remind me of my grandma though, just because she's always buying a lot of Lancome. :) I know there's a fragrance-free version but it doesn't carry all of the shades, and unfortunately, it didn't carry mines.

2) It doesn't hold up well to oil. My skin isn't oily, but when I'm out in the heat I see this starting to cake up and looking obvious on my skin. :

Overall, it's a good powder and I think it's worth to at least try out. I took off 1 star because of the scent & for the lack of shades in it's fragrance-free version. I took another star off because of it's lack of oil control. This is the powder I'll be using for cooler months - but for the summer I'll be needing something else.

on 4/10/2011 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have very fair oily skin with imperfections and fine lines. I have been searching for a foundation that gives a matte but not cakey feeling and look while providing lots of coverage since I was a teen (now in my 30's). I have been using this for 5 years now and can't live without it. I hate to wear makeup except when I go out somewhere special. This is provides so much coverage, fills in pores and fine lines without cakeyness. It is so lightweight too you don't feel like your face is heavy. I have to say though I wish they made the compact differently. You have to keep the sponge separate because leaving it in the compact starts to make the makup get that shiney stuff on it from skin oils. Also, they do say you can wet the sponge to get even more matte and more coverage but I don't recommend this because the moisture from the sponge really does ruin the makeup no matter how careful you are. FYI, this compact lasts forever so although expensive you are not buying it all the time so its definitly worth it.

on 3/21/2011 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE THIS PRODUCT !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like the natural look and everytime i wear it people complement me on my skin....My skin appears poreless and just looks beautiful . I always apply it with a powder brush and if I need more coverage will use a kabuki brush. My color is Matte Amande III . I have been using it for almost 8 yrs.

on 3/18/2011 3:59:00 AM

This is my first powder pact (have always been a liquid fdtn person). I am blown away by the finish. I use this dry with the included sponge, and man I don't think I even need to bother with setting powder. The finish is matte but not made up. Coverage is medium, I hear that used wet it becomes high coverage, though I have had no need to try it. It is long lasting too, though I always prime so I can't speak for its own abilities. It is also pretty good at hiding pores. The pact is quite large and a little lasts a long way, so I am definitely a happy repurchaser and will continue to use for days when I want medium coverage. (Note Matte Amande III is a good match for me, I am NC35.)

on 3/10/2011 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I use this on mornings when I'm in a hurry and don't want to mess with applying foundation/tinted moisturizer and a separate powder. I just buff this on with my kabuki brush and I'm good to go. Gives a beautiful, sheer, flawless finish that lasts all day. Some powder foundations (MAC Studio Fix, Laura Mercier) give a nice finish, but tend to apply heavy and look cakey. Not this one. My skin looks matte but not dry, and very natural. For slightly heavier coverage I think you could try application with a dampened makeup sponge. I have the unscented version and I have not had any issues with skin irritation or breakouts. You get a fair amount of product for the price, and the product goes a long way. I love this and will definitely repurchase.