December 22, 2014 | 917 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by chikorita23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have mix feeling toward this powder. The overall powder quality is excellent... definitely high quality! But the odd fragrance really annoy me. I love most of the Lancome scent, except this one! Canada doesn't carry the none-scented version, and none-scented version seem to have lesser avilable shade. *According from Lancome website*

The other problem I have is the color selection. 2 years ago I bought Porcelaine Delicated i (C) and it was too white. Recently I bought Rose Clair ii (C) and was definitely too red/orange for me. I've tried another shade forgot the name... probably in between the two shades I have. It was way too yellowish... So I'm still stuck with finding my perfect matching shade.

I do like how it is "None" SPF. My skin can't take SPF! Which leave me lesser choices as brandname cosmatic company tend to put SPF in their powder.

The coverage is excellent when you puff it over your foundation! Very poorly if you use it alone or any other methods the company suggested.

The packaging isn't exactly attractive in my standard. But I can deal with it. Overall.... I'd say I Iove how smooth the powder goes on my skin. Love the coverage over my foundation. But was basically upset the color range and the scent. I might repurchase if I can't find a good replacement.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by tempalina

I first started using this in college. I had pretty good skin so I did not need that much overage. I figured I can just use a powder foundation and I'll be set. I usually use the wet application and it's always perfect. No one ever knew I was wearing makeup until I told them!! I love the natural look that is why I am very much in love with this makeup! it blends perfectly well and also keeps my oilies at bay. Now, my skin is not as perfect as it used to and have to use a medium-to-full coverage foundation. I still use this afterwards, but now as a good setting powder. I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by CathyEarnshaw2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation. I never thought I could use a powder foundation as my skin is on the dry side but this is lovely. It never looks chalky or cakey like other powders I've tried.
The color matches my skin perfectly. I use Rose Clair II. It feels as if I have nothing on my skin.
I use Retin-A and glycolic acid and my skin is very even toned, so I don't need much coverage. I'm 56 years old.
Dual Finish comes in a scented or unscented formula. I happen to like the scented version. It smells pretty to me and doesn't bother my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by blackeye48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this powder. it looks so natural and the package is beautiful. I have found my HG powder!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Hyt831

It was my HG foundation since middle school! :) before i graduated from high school, i only used powder foundation, this product and BE was my HG!! :)
even after i got into cream/liquid foundations and bb creams, i still use this product as my setting powder until I found my Bobbi Brown powder lol.
I like how dual finish compact comes in fragranced/fragranced free. and it has quite alot of colors. the color pay off is amazing, but when dusted lightly you can still get that translucent powder look! but no matter how much product you use the coverage is great; it also looks and feels light on the skin!
I am not to fond of the packaging, it looks very mature...a little too mature, not what a teen or a twenty year old would use.
The best thing about this powder is its shine control! wow.. it keeps me shine free, but not super matte! it just looks natural!! '

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by aerislina

Got this in Macy's for around $30.

The SA helped me pick the color perfect for my skin.

Overall this product is pretty good. It helped keep my skin shine-free. No whiteness under photography.

My only con is that it wasn't the perfect shade for my skin. Apparently my skin is an "in between" skin shades -.- BUMMER. That's why I took off a lippie.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 6:39:00 AM More reviews by jtguppy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I too have used this product for at least 20 years. I have never liked the feeling of creme foundation on my face - this has been a great alternative. I haven't used it wet, only dry. I can't tell you how many times people have complimented me on my skin because of it. For me, it is the perfect consistency. I sometimes wear a creme now (as I'm 49) but I always use this powder to "perfect" the look!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by panda78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted a powder foundation to give me that porcelain doll look. This is a foundation that many of my clients love. So I decided to give it a try. The scent is very strong and it reminds me of my late grandmother ( a good thing) . I have it in Linen and it's a great match.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by linds1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Although I think this is a little expensive, it's worth it! I love it. It's the perfect touch-up-half-way-through-the-day powder for me - I keep this in my purse. It even works to slightly conceal my undereyes if I need a little pick me up mid-day. I would buy it again, even due to the price. It has a bit of an "old lady" makeup scent, but I secretly like it because it reminds me of my Granny :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by 73steph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG for me!! I've been using this for years. I used to be very acne prone and this and Lancome's teinte idole helped my skin sooo much. I use this with the sponge on my moisturized face when I'm doing a quick face. Paula Begoun recommends not using it wet because it can be streaky. I also use it as a setting powder over foundation or tinted moisturizer, but be sure to use a brush in this instance. I can't believe that this product broke people out, I've never had that problem. I tried all the mineral makeups when they came out and BE and all those broke me out because of the bismuth oxychloride. I came back to my old faithful and it hasn't disappointed. This doesn't give the full coverage as the foundations with bismuth oxychloride but it has medium coverage and covers up most of my imperfections-- and that's saying a lot!