I like this powder. It covers up my imperfections (cheek redness, blemishes, chin from old acne spots) perfectly without being powdery. This is coming from someone who has DRY skin. I've never tried it wet because I've found that the coverage I get from being used dry is just fine. The trick is that you've got to apply it with a sponge. I would usually *never* recommend that (I always use my brushes for everything), since sponges could get dirty really quick, but that's the only way I've found that gives me great coverage. Just remember to replace it often.
So, to sum it up, here's all the pro's and con's with this foundation:
1) Great coverage. Can be super sheer (with a fluffy brush) and built up to medium/full with a sponge. I like the sheerness because I could use this as a setting powder for other skintones as well.
2) Not powdery at all. I have dry skin and this doesn't suck all the moisture out of my skin or make it excessively dry. Even when I've built the coverage up it never looks cakey. The results are always natural upon application.
3) Great color selection. I was lucky enough to get a perfect color match with the SA, however my little sister wasn't as lucky. I'm Matte Pearl I (I have fair skin, usually I'm neutral but in this brand I'm under warm and this is the 2nd lightest of the warm tones) and my sister is at least like... 4-5 shades darker than me. The SA matched her to Matte Porcelaine Délicate I, which is even LIGHTER than me. Ridiculous! When I made a comment that maybe we should go a little darker, she just snapped back saying that she's been a MUA for 16 years. No joke- there's a picture of us in my profile, my older sis is on the left, I'm in the middle, and she's on the right. I don't understand how someone can be so off! Pffft. Okay, end rant, lol.
Now on to the bad...
1) Scent. I'm usually not sensitive to smells but I found this to be overly perfume-y. When I initially smelled it, I thought it was just fine. What bothered me was how long it lingered around for... It started to get nauseating. When my little sister smelled it she said, "It smells just like grandma!". At the time I didn't smell the powder yet, I just remembered back to the reviews and I said, "Oh, it's an old-lady smell?". She said, "No. Grandma just uses a lot of Lancome." Lol! I have to agree with her that I don't think it smells ''old lady'' at all, it's just floral-y. It does remind me of my grandma though, just because she's always buying a lot of Lancome. :) I know there's a fragrance-free version but it doesn't carry all of the shades, and unfortunately, it didn't carry mines.
2) It doesn't hold up well to oil. My skin isn't oily, but when I'm out in the heat I see this starting to cake up and looking obvious on my skin. :
Overall, it's a good powder and I think it's worth to at least try out. I took off 1 star because of the scent & for the lack of shades in it's fragrance-free version. I took another star off because of it's lack of oil control. This is the powder I'll be using for cooler months - but for the summer I'll be needing something else.
I have very fair oily skin with imperfections and fine lines. I have been searching for a foundation that gives a matte but not cakey feeling and look while providing lots of coverage since I was a teen (now in my 30's). I have been using this for 5 years now and can't live without it. I hate to wear makeup except when I go out somewhere special. This is provides so much coverage, fills in pores and fine lines without cakeyness. It is so lightweight too you don't feel like your face is heavy. I have to say though I wish they made the compact differently. You have to keep the sponge separate because leaving it in the compact starts to make the makup get that shiney stuff on it from skin oils. Also, they do say you can wet the sponge to get even more matte and more coverage but I don't recommend this because the moisture from the sponge really does ruin the makeup no matter how careful you are. FYI, this compact lasts forever so although expensive you are not buying it all the time so its definitly worth it.
LOVE THIS PRODUCT !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like the natural look and everytime i wear it people complement me on my skin....My skin appears poreless and just looks beautiful . I always apply it with a powder brush and if I need more coverage will use a kabuki brush. My color is Matte Amande III . I have been using it for almost 8 yrs.
This is my first powder pact (have always been a liquid fdtn person). I am blown away by the finish. I use this dry with the included sponge, and man I don't think I even need to bother with setting powder. The finish is matte but not made up. Coverage is medium, I hear that used wet it becomes high coverage, though I have had no need to try it. It is long lasting too, though I always prime so I can't speak for its own abilities. It is also pretty good at hiding pores. The pact is quite large and a little lasts a long way, so I am definitely a happy repurchaser and will continue to use for days when I want medium coverage. (Note Matte Amande III is a good match for me, I am NC35.)
I use this on mornings when I'm in a hurry and don't want to mess with applying foundation/tinted moisturizer and a separate powder. I just buff this on with my kabuki brush and I'm good to go. Gives a beautiful, sheer, flawless finish that lasts all day. Some powder foundations (MAC Studio Fix, Laura Mercier) give a nice finish, but tend to apply heavy and look cakey. Not this one. My skin looks matte but not dry, and very natural. For slightly heavier coverage I think you could try application with a dampened makeup sponge. I have the unscented version and I have not had any issues with skin irritation or breakouts. You get a fair amount of product for the price, and the product goes a long way. I love this and will definitely repurchase.
I really love this product. This was the first non-drug store foundation that I have bought and I had a little sticker shock but it was worth it. I have really red and blotchy skin. I don't have an acne problem but sometimes I get oily around lunch time. This powder claims to absorb oil but I don't think it does. It doesn't offer full coverage which is why I gave it 4 lippies. What I love about it is that my skin is truly luminescent. I have this gorgeous glow when I use this. Some powders made my skin look dull. I always feel gorgeous with this on. I always apply lotion(and you should with any makeup) before I use it because otherwise it itches. I don't cake it on right away because sometimes it takes a few minutes to really settle in and provide coverage. I have gone out dancing and gotten super sweaty and my skin still looked great. I love this and would reccommend it to anyone! If you want more coverage than apply liquid foundation underneath.
I have mix feeling toward this powder. The overall powder quality is excellent... definitely high quality! But the odd fragrance really annoy me. I love most of the Lancome scent, except this one! Canada doesn't carry the none-scented version, and none-scented version seem to have lesser avilable shade. *According from Lancome website*
The other problem I have is the color selection. 2 years ago I bought Porcelaine Delicated i (C) and it was too white. Recently I bought Rose Clair ii (C) and was definitely too red/orange for me. I've tried another shade forgot the name... probably in between the two shades I have. It was way too yellowish... So I'm still stuck with finding my perfect matching shade.
I do like how it is "None" SPF. My skin can't take SPF! Which leave me lesser choices as brandname cosmatic company tend to put SPF in their powder.
The coverage is excellent when you puff it over your foundation! Very poorly if you use it alone or any other methods the company suggested.
The packaging isn't exactly attractive in my standard. But I can deal with it. Overall.... I'd say I Iove how smooth the powder goes on my skin. Love the coverage over my foundation. But was basically upset the color range and the scent. I might repurchase if I can't find a good replacement.
I first started using this in college. I had pretty good skin so I did not need that much overage. I figured I can just use a powder foundation and I'll be set. I usually use the wet application and it's always perfect. No one ever knew I was wearing makeup until I told them!! I love the natural look that is why I am very much in love with this makeup! it blends perfectly well and also keeps my oilies at bay. Now, my skin is not as perfect as it used to and have to use a medium-to-full coverage foundation. I still use this afterwards, but now as a good setting powder. I will continue to repurchase.
This is my HG foundation. I never thought I could use a powder foundation as my skin is on the dry side but this is lovely. It never looks chalky or cakey like other powders I've tried.
The color matches my skin perfectly. I use Rose Clair II. It feels as if I have nothing on my skin.
I use Retin-A and glycolic acid and my skin is very even toned, so I don't need much coverage. I'm 56 years old.
Dual Finish comes in a scented or unscented formula. I happen to like the scented version. It smells pretty to me and doesn't bother my skin.
I LOVE this powder. it looks so natural and the package is beautiful. I have found my HG powder!!!