April 18, 2014 | 1747 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Diorissimo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2005 3:41:00 AM More reviews by sooyang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is one of the best scent i've smelled so far!!
it came out in 1950's but it's still wearable(well, that's the reason why it's still around =p). I thought that all old perfumes would smell too heavy and in a way granny-like (e.g. chanel no.5 and shalimar) but i can wear this scent and still smell like a 20 year old. Diorissimo is elegant, feminine, clean, pure, refreshing and comforting in a way that no modern fragrance is. I also like how the scent is so simple but complex at the same time; it just makes me want to smell it again and again. at first i was hesitant to try this because jasmin usually gets me sick but this one isn't heady at all. Although Im giving this 5 lippies, im not really satisfied with the packaging. the bottle looks too plain for this gorgeous, classic scent. And the price. it should come down a little!! But overall, this is a great jasmin-lily of the valley fragrance and i'll buy this again despite the packaging and the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2005 8:30:00 AM More reviews by PeeShee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hate this. YUCK. It stinks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2005 5:37:00 AM More reviews by nelci1

Elegant, feminine, delicate. "THE" lily of the valley scent! Simple and
sophisticated, at the same time. A classic!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2005 6:20:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

Someone below says this "fades fairly quickly." I'd say that's a HUGE understatement. I hunted this fragrance down at Saks because of the good reviews but was sooooo disappointed. It's a nice enough lily of the valley, though a trifle boring -- needs a little something to liven it up IMO. But my biggest complaint is that it has absolutely NO staying power. I sprayed it on liberally when I got to the mall and walked around a little to see how I liked it. Within about a half-hour, it was completely gone. I'll save my money for something that lasts all day like a perfume should.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2004 9:55:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thought I would love this and I very rarely do florals. It seems so popular. Unfortunately, this struck me as an old woman's perfume.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2004 3:28:00 AM More reviews by reihasama

I've been dying to get my hands on a new bottle of Diorissimo, because a lovely person sent me an older bottle of it, and it just smelled different from the sample I received. The older version seems less sweet, and is heavier, bolder, richer. It's still beautiful, but it seems to fade fairly quickly on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2004 11:26:00 PM More reviews by deliazamir

a beautiful, clean and sweet smell of lily-of-the-valleys. my mother used to wear it when she was my age, and a lovely aunt has been wearing it forever. i've always associated diorissimo with beauty, charm and poise because of this! one - well, two gripes: the bottle in malaysia is different from the US and just as ugly, and the price is a mite steep for EDT. but i'm a believer! P.S. this is my boy's favourite scent on me:-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2004 2:37:00 PM More reviews by kate8

Diorissimo is one of very few lily of the valley fragrances that does not turn super-soapy or metallic on my skin. It is lovely and feminine, nearly all LOTV on me, but with hints of other elements. It is not overly strong, and modest amounts work well in my conservative office. Lasting power of the EDT is about 7-8 hours. A must-try for lily of the valley fans.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2004 8:03:00 AM More reviews by stephanotis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my all time spring/summer favourite. It is strange, because my winter/autumn perfume is Chanel's Coco, and they don't come any further apart than fresh sweet Diorissimo and the sultry Coco! I guess though that both are classics and very classy in different ways. Diorissimo is fresh, light, feminine, and haunting. It evokes spring, childhood, innocence, and playfulness, yet still manages an understated sexiness. Lily of the Valley dominates throughout, green to begin, then sweeter, drying down into a mysterious, darkly green/woody smell - a bit like the mossy undregrowth in the woods where Lily of the Valley grows. Somehow, the scent achieves a balance between a playful innocence, and a grown up ladylike mysterious edge. The sillage is delicate Lily of the Valley - wonderful! Come spring, my warm spicy Coco goes for its rest, and out comes Diorissimo! Each of the two expresses a different side to me!
Update: I have gone off this in a big way. Suddenly, the jasmine undertone strikes me as heavy and sickly, and kind of cold. I know what the reviewer who mentioned funeral parlour lilies meant now. I don't know if it is because I have been habitually using Coco by Chanel (a very warm scent) but I just can't see myself wearing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2004 9:52:00 PM More reviews by sana_e

I only wear this when I want a very flowery scent. Definitely not an everyday kind of scent for me, but it is lovely. Hate the bottle b/c it looks cheap. I don't see myself ever running out but I'd probably repurchase if I did.