New York Color Smooth Skin loose powder - Translucent

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/18/2009 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This clogged my pores and I got a breakout from this product. I wouldnt ever recommend this product for someone with acne prone skin. I can believe that this product accually has some positive reviews when I absoulutly hate it.

on 8/9/2009 7:48:00 PM

Awesome powder. When I use it, my makeup stays all day on my oil-slick face. It is translucent too. I was worried about it looking white/pasty on my light olive skin, but it is true to its color, or lack thereof. It gives me a true matte face and I love it! It's so cheap and always on sale. I recommend it and it is a staple in my makeup case. The only downside is it is a little messy though. The powder really comes out of the sifter so you have to keep it upright. I use the BE approach and pour a little into the cover, and then use it from there. It is probably not that portable, but they have a convenient compact that also works just as well. I have both and keep the compact in my purse and the jar in my bathroom. Worth a try!

on 8/3/2009 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I absolutely love the price. I wish all powders are less than 2 dollars. So for the price the quality is pretty good. It gives a nice sheer coverage. Be careful when applying because when you put too much it can look really powdery. I wouldn't suggest this for those that have really oily skin because it can absorb in a matter of minutes. I would buy it again if I really have to but for me, I wouldn't pick as an HG.

on 7/28/2009 6:21:00 PM

Just okay. There's no staying power to it - I need to touch up at least twice a day when wearing this. I also find that I can see I'm wearing it, particularly on my nose (looks "powdery"). As others have mentioned, the packaging is crap.

But, I can't complain considering the price and will keep around in case of emergency.

on 7/28/2009 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love this powder. i use it to set my concealer, my liquid and then after i apply everything. Its pretty cheap and it doesnt cause me to break out either. although it doesnt keep my skin looking matte all day, it sure helps cause without it i'd be an oil slick. the packaging could be better, like...a lid thats better at staying put. its pretty basic, a huge tub of powder with a sponge and lid you just stick on

first i apply liquid lightly over my face and then brush on the stuff to set it. then i apply concealer in the places that the liquid did not cover an then i kind of pat on the powder onto my face because i dont want to use a brush and brush away at the concealer over my breakouts.
then i apply looser mineral foundation and bit over my face to match my face match my tan on my neck, mist my face with water to erase the powdery/chalky look and then mist again slightly.

i know everyone complains about how the powder is like EVERYWHERE when you open the lid who cares, SIMPLE SOLUTION: cut a piece of tape and cover the some of the holes so less of the powder comes out, since you dont even need a lot. it works like a charm.

This is my HG powder! I don't wear foundation, but I wear concealer and set it with this powder using my Totally Buff brush and I love the way it looks and feels. It's not chalky, and it's translucent, so it doesn't look like you're wearing anything.
I've been using it everyday for the past year or so, and I still have a little bit left! The only reason why I am taking off one lippie is because within an hour or so, the oil on my t-zone starts to come through, but I can't blame the powder since I live in AZ, and I'm outside a lot. I always use my NYC pressed powder in Translucent for touch-ups throughout the day.
All in all, it's a pretty great product, especially for the price :)

on 6/12/2009 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Just got this and tried it on my face with nothing else on except cream blusher and it looked absolutely flawless! my shinies disappeared and it had nearly the same effect like when I put my foundation (studio fix) on. absolutely gorgeous and the price - you can't beat it!

Btw, hey girls if you wanna avoid the crap packaging, you could try putting some tape on the sifter holes. I only left one hole open and so far the product has been good to me! :D

PROBLEM SOLVED!!! :)

This was my first experience with a loose powder, and I'm happy with it. The packaging is a little bulky -- I ended up removing the sifter pretty quickly, and I use my Mark Kabuki brush to apply the powder, however it's very lightweight and lasts for a good while before I can start to feel any oil. It's also fairly cheap, and a container has lasted around four months, if not longer.

this product is alright in a pinch but i find that its quite chalky and doesn't cover all that well. I could feel it sitting on my skin with in an hour and it didn't absorb much oil. over all this product is ok and it could work for some people but for me its a no.

on 4/30/2009 2:08:00 PM

Dirt cheap and invisible on the skin, not chalky at all. I only use this to set my makeup, not touch up during the day. Great bargain.

Recommended for Normal Skin