August 31, 2014 | 982 users online

Loose Powders - New York Color - loose translucent powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by fadzhm56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just got this and tried it on my face with nothing else on except cream blusher and it looked absolutely flawless! my shinies disappeared and it had nearly the same effect like when I put my foundation (studio fix) on. absolutely gorgeous and the price - you can't beat it!

Btw, hey girls if you wanna avoid the crap packaging, you could try putting some tape on the sifter holes. I only left one hole open and so far the product has been good to me! :D

PROBLEM SOLVED!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 11:46:00 AM More reviews by evilplaidkitten

This was my first experience with a loose powder, and I'm happy with it. The packaging is a little bulky -- I ended up removing the sifter pretty quickly, and I use my Mark Kabuki brush to apply the powder, however it's very lightweight and lasts for a good while before I can start to feel any oil. It's also fairly cheap, and a container has lasted around four months, if not longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2009 9:02:00 AM More reviews by ninjahamster28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this product is alright in a pinch but i find that its quite chalky and doesn't cover all that well. I could feel it sitting on my skin with in an hour and it didn't absorb much oil. over all this product is ok and it could work for some people but for me its a no.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by crumpet71

Dirt cheap and invisible on the skin, not chalky at all. I only use this to set my makeup, not touch up during the day. Great bargain.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Simpliciti3

The product in general is pretty decent for the price you pay for it. You dont need a lot of the product to get a matte look, but it does not hold very well for absorbing oil, but it does set in foundation okay.

This product's packaging is not very efficient; the shifter does not work well at all, so if you buy this I would recommend you just take out the shifter and dip your brush or sponge directly into the powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by thaichilisauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product does what it's supposed to and sets my foundation nicely, although it certainly doesn't last through an entire day. If I apply my makeup at 8am in the morning, my face will turn back into quite the greaseball by 6pm. I know what you're thinking... just touch it up! Bad idea... the product has an absolutely horrible lid that does not keep any powder where it's supposed to. So, traveling with this particular item is pretty much out of the question.

It is cheap, and I may buy it again if I'm ever strapped for cash. Otherwise, I'd opt out of this one. It is translucent though, which was my main concern (many MUA-ers that gave this product good reviews mentioned that they were fairly light in skin tone). I'm an NC40-42 and this powder doesn't add any colour to my face when I use it, which was a relief.

Overall, does it's job (and for $3, it does it well), but I think I'll shell out a few more bucks for another loose powder next time!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by royaljosieness

It does its job of setting my foundation. That's pretty much all I use it for. I really like that it doesn't add color to my face and it was only $3 so that's a plus! I would defnitely get this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 3:14:00 AM More reviews by xAlleGegenAlle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG powder. It doesn't show up at all on my pale skin and keeps my skin matte without looking cakey. I agree with everyone else that the packaging is less than ideal, I usually cover about half of the holes that the powder comes out of with tape so that when I shake it I don't get too much. You can't take it with you in your bag or you risk spilling it everywhere, so I shake some into an old Altoids Sours tin that I've washed out and covered in colored duct tape and take it with me for touchups, although I usually don't need any unless it's very hot and humid.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by i8alltheBacon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pretty good...It does a great job of setting foundation and isn't too dark for my very pale skin. I use it over my powder foundation on my t-zone now for extra shine fighting. The packaging sucks though, you couldn't bring it along in your purse for sure it would spill all over (that's why I took off a lippy). I put some in one of those brushes with the container for a handle..you just shake it and the powder comes out into the brush...that works fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by havanadaydreamin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder does give you a nice matte finish when you use it. and you can't beat the price of it.

It looked really nice until I started developing large cystic acne and little white bumps all under my skin. I haven't broken out in months, so I know that this is what caused it.

It would be nicer if the top screwed on though as I am scared my daughter will find this and I will have powder everywhere!