New York Color Smooth Skin loose powder - Translucent

Price: $

Price: $

This is my HG powder! I don't wear foundation, but I wear concealer and set it with this powder using my Totally Buff brush and I love the way it looks and feels. It's not chalky, and it's translucent, so it doesn't look like you're wearing anything.
I've been using it everyday for the past year or so, and I still have a little bit left! The only reason why I am taking off one lippie is because within an hour or so, the oil on my t-zone starts to come through, but I can't blame the powder since I live in AZ, and I'm outside a lot. I always use my NYC pressed powder in Translucent for touch-ups throughout the day.
All in all, it's a pretty great product, especially for the price :)

on 6/12/2009 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Just got this and tried it on my face with nothing else on except cream blusher and it looked absolutely flawless! my shinies disappeared and it had nearly the same effect like when I put my foundation (studio fix) on. absolutely gorgeous and the price - you can't beat it!

Btw, hey girls if you wanna avoid the crap packaging, you could try putting some tape on the sifter holes. I only left one hole open and so far the product has been good to me! :D

PROBLEM SOLVED!!! :)

This was my first experience with a loose powder, and I'm happy with it. The packaging is a little bulky -- I ended up removing the sifter pretty quickly, and I use my Mark Kabuki brush to apply the powder, however it's very lightweight and lasts for a good while before I can start to feel any oil. It's also fairly cheap, and a container has lasted around four months, if not longer.

this product is alright in a pinch but i find that its quite chalky and doesn't cover all that well. I could feel it sitting on my skin with in an hour and it didn't absorb much oil. over all this product is ok and it could work for some people but for me its a no.

on 4/30/2009 2:08:00 PM

Dirt cheap and invisible on the skin, not chalky at all. I only use this to set my makeup, not touch up during the day. Great bargain.

on 4/19/2009 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The product in general is pretty decent for the price you pay for it. You dont need a lot of the product to get a matte look, but it does not hold very well for absorbing oil, but it does set in foundation okay.

This product's packaging is not very efficient; the shifter does not work well at all, so if you buy this I would recommend you just take out the shifter and dip your brush or sponge directly into the powder.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This product does what it's supposed to and sets my foundation nicely, although it certainly doesn't last through an entire day. If I apply my makeup at 8am in the morning, my face will turn back into quite the greaseball by 6pm. I know what you're thinking... just touch it up! Bad idea... the product has an absolutely horrible lid that does not keep any powder where it's supposed to. So, traveling with this particular item is pretty much out of the question.

It is cheap, and I may buy it again if I'm ever strapped for cash. Otherwise, I'd opt out of this one. It is translucent though, which was my main concern (many MUA-ers that gave this product good reviews mentioned that they were fairly light in skin tone). I'm an NC40-42 and this powder doesn't add any colour to my face when I use it, which was a relief.

Overall, does it's job (and for $3, it does it well), but I think I'll shell out a few more bucks for another loose powder next time!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It does its job of setting my foundation. That's pretty much all I use it for. I really like that it doesn't add color to my face and it was only $3 so that's a plus! I would defnitely get this again!

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is my HG powder. It doesn't show up at all on my pale skin and keeps my skin matte without looking cakey. I agree with everyone else that the packaging is less than ideal, I usually cover about half of the holes that the powder comes out of with tape so that when I shake it I don't get too much. You can't take it with you in your bag or you risk spilling it everywhere, so I shake some into an old Altoids Sours tin that I've washed out and covered in colored duct tape and take it with me for touchups, although I usually don't need any unless it's very hot and humid.

Pretty good...It does a great job of setting foundation and isn't too dark for my very pale skin. I use it over my powder foundation on my t-zone now for extra shine fighting. The packaging sucks though, you couldn't bring it along in your purse for sure it would spill all over (that's why I took off a lippy). I put some in one of those brushes with the container for a handle..you just shake it and the powder comes out into the brush...that works fine.