The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This lip balm smells so good and tastes like cherries. The coloring gives your lips a little hint of color to them. The only thing I do not like is having to dip my fingers in it. Ugh! I hate that I lost it, I may re purchase it.

on 1/30/2009 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

it taste good and smells good but it only stays on your lips for 5minutes! hence leaving it all dry and cracked lips. it costed me 15$NZ which was a ok price but a rip off for what its worth. i dont like pots after i smeared the lip gloss on me i didnt know where to wipe it coz i never have any tissues with me lol.
i wouldnt buy it again

on 1/28/2009 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This looks great as a gloss but if you want to moisturize your lips this is NOT the product to use. I've found it quite drying, and is not recommended to wear during winter. When I first bought it a few months ago I thought it was a balm, so I slathered layers on before going out. But then after a few hours my lips started to crack and it was painful and didn't look very attractive. Also, pots aren't very convenient and I hate the feeling it leaves on your finger afterwards.

I love this and hate it.
Basically pros:
shiny with a nice colour and sparkle
smells nice
tastes nice
Body shop is a nice company so those perks
Cons:
I hate pots!
Slips and slides
NOT a balm.
Costly for such a small amount

All in all a nice lip gloss, crap balm.

on 1/22/2009 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I got the raspberry, strawberry and watermelon as a gift.

First thing's first, this is not a balm - it is NOT moisturizing. Actually, I found it quite drying. I suppose it's not that big of a problem though if you wear a REAL lip balm under.

As for the colours, they're pretty pigmented and add a wonderful shine to your lips. I really love layering them on different lipsticks to bring out a colour or add a different dimension.
ie: the watermelon balm is GREAT for bringing out the centre of your lip, or muting a colour so it is not as bright.

A big plus is they smell awesome, they really do.

As for the packaging, I HATE pots. I always feel like a lot of the product gets caught on my nail / pots are unsanitary / my finger has gloss residue on it afterwards :(.

These are wonderful lip GLOSSES. If you appreciate colour and yummy flavours then sure, get them. Just be warned that they are not 'balms' .

on 1/14/2009 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is bad... I saw a review with 3 stars and I though: Uh?. I got this as a Christmas stocking filler and what a disappointment...The balm is useless , doesn't moisture, doesn't nourish the lips, the shine is inexistent and the smell is disgusting. I had 3 different ones and now they all are as a Swap goodies ;) and from The Body Shop I can imagine this doesn't come cheap either. Go and buy vaseline in strawberry instead !!

on 1/14/2009 4:55:00 AM

yummyummyummy
and oh so glossy
whee :D
not so moisture-y though
i like raspberry the best

on 1/1/2009 12:59:00 AM

I actually have 2 of these one in raspberry and watermelon. i think its a great product but its more of a gloss than a balm. i used this outside and sometimes over night. when i use it and wake up in the morning some of the product is still there and the it moisturizes quite good. it also give a nice sheer color. i would of course buy this product agian :]

on 12/19/2008 5:52:00 AM

Definitely smells nice
but there are better lip balms that actually do the job =_=
This was more of a gloss than a balm
I gave up on this after a couple of uses coz it was sticky & made my lips dry.

on 11/7/2008 2:33:00 AM

I found this to be less moisturizing than regular chapstick and Rosebud Salve, so I wasn't very impressed. The Strawberry one does smell nice and has a good tint to it though.

Popular Lip Treatments