September 18, 2014 | 1376 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2009 8:31:00 AM More reviews by xxcrissy

This looks great as a gloss but if you want to moisturize your lips this is NOT the product to use. I've found it quite drying, and is not recommended to wear during winter. When I first bought it a few months ago I thought it was a balm, so I slathered layers on before going out. But then after a few hours my lips started to crack and it was painful and didn't look very attractive. Also, pots aren't very convenient and I hate the feeling it leaves on your finger afterwards.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this and hate it.
Basically pros:
shiny with a nice colour and sparkle
smells nice
tastes nice
Body shop is a nice company so those perks
Cons:
I hate pots!
Slips and slides
NOT a balm.
Costly for such a small amount

All in all a nice lip gloss, crap balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by ksuey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got the raspberry, strawberry and watermelon as a gift.

First thing's first, this is not a balm - it is NOT moisturizing. Actually, I found it quite drying. I suppose it's not that big of a problem though if you wear a REAL lip balm under.

As for the colours, they're pretty pigmented and add a wonderful shine to your lips. I really love layering them on different lipsticks to bring out a colour or add a different dimension.
ie: the watermelon balm is GREAT for bringing out the centre of your lip, or muting a colour so it is not as bright.

A big plus is they smell awesome, they really do.

As for the packaging, I HATE pots. I always feel like a lot of the product gets caught on my nail / pots are unsanitary / my finger has gloss residue on it afterwards :(.

These are wonderful lip GLOSSES. If you appreciate colour and yummy flavours then sure, get them. Just be warned that they are not 'balms' .

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2009 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is bad... I saw a review with 3 stars and I though: Uh?. I got this as a Christmas stocking filler and what a disappointment...The balm is useless , doesn't moisture, doesn't nourish the lips, the shine is inexistent and the smell is disgusting. I had 3 different ones and now they all are as a Swap goodies ;) and from The Body Shop I can imagine this doesn't come cheap either. Go and buy vaseline in strawberry instead !!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 4:55:00 AM More reviews by wontonwendy

yummyummyummy
and oh so glossy
whee :D
not so moisture-y though
i like raspberry the best

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by picoopicco

I actually have 2 of these one in raspberry and watermelon. i think its a great product but its more of a gloss than a balm. i used this outside and sometimes over night. when i use it and wake up in the morning some of the product is still there and the it moisturizes quite good. it also give a nice sheer color. i would of course buy this product agian :]

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2008 5:52:00 AM More reviews by snowytearz

Definitely smells nice
but there are better lip balms that actually do the job =_=
This was more of a gloss than a balm
I gave up on this after a couple of uses coz it was sticky & made my lips dry.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 2:33:00 AM More reviews by belletrist9

I found this to be less moisturizing than regular chapstick and Rosebud Salve, so I wasn't very impressed. The Strawberry one does smell nice and has a good tint to it though.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2008 4:57:00 AM More reviews by nightlace2000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fantastic flavours and packaging. The smell is just divine.

However, I got a horrible allergic reaction to these and my lips got so dried out when I used these. No moisturising component in them at all!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by vanitykey

The scent is yummy. I have the strawberry born lippy. ummm the stuff dries out on my lips after a few minutes, that's why I won't buy again. But if just for the tint I'm after i'll scrimp on this so I can save it when i need color over my petoleum jelly.