December 21, 2014 | 955 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by itsAmybby

Clearly, a majority of these 'low rating's are coming from people who cannot apply mascara properly or pack of the layers. Personally, I love this mascara. I'm a huge skeptic when it comes to mascaras because i always assume they clump within the first 2 coats. You can apply 3-4 coats of this with no clumps whatsoever. The packaging is sleek, cute and practical, looks just like a stiletto heel. Definitely will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It makes your lashes nice and long, but you really need to build up and use a lot. One stroke does not do much to the lashes at all.

It gives a nice long and fluttery effect, but it is quite lacking in volume and thickness. I know it is more of a lengthening mascara but I was disappointed by how thin my lashes look. Even for a lengthening mascara I would expect some thickness but this gives next to nothing.

What I do like is that it stays put very well. No flaking and even the washable stays on overnight, guess it is a dry formula.

The packaging is cute too

Too bad it doesn't give even slightly more volume and thickness, if it was it would have been perfect. But my lashes look disappointingly thin even with a few coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

It gets the job done when I want the really long lashes look, esp. since I barely have any! I reccomend this to anyone, and I really like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Sunbabe684

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara! I was surprised to see that bad reviews. I'm someone who's willing to pay a lot for makeup, but I honestly haven't found anything I like better than this. I have short, brown lashes and this product makes them look long and black. It's not waterproof, but I think it stays on longer that some other ones, and I really like the way it goes on. Try starting it at the root of your lashes and then wiggling it a bit so it sinks into the lash line before you brush it out. Mine always feel nice and separated. if you're looking for something fancier, I also like Buxom lash (it has a nice fat brush that works really well)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Leshly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only mascara I use and the only mascara I will ever use. It's not for people with super long, thick lashes because it won't curl them. This is for people with thin lashes because it can actually hold them up. I have super thin lashes so this is why I love this mascara so much, Waterproof mascaras work best for people with thin lashes. Curl, Prime, then add the Mascara <3

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by jaconway89

I love this mascara! I am not sure why there are so many bad reviews. I have REALLY blonde eyelashes and not that long either. This mascara lengthens really well. You cannot reapply after it is dry or else it will clump (It even says that on the packaging). Just do layers while it is still wet. The only downside of this mascara is that it is really hard to remove but I also use the waterproof version so that is probably a big part of it. Overall, it is the best mascara I have found.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by FancyShmancyBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If your are looking for a top notch lengthening mascara try the Maybelline Lash Stiletto. This mascara will separate your lashes, thicken them up a little and make them as long as they can get. I do not experience any clumping, flaking or smearing, by the end of the day my lashes look just as good as they did in the morning when I applied my makeup. For around 7 dollars this is an excellent mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am not a big fan of most Maybelline products, however, I do love their mascaras. I picked this up on clearance for $3 and was told it was being discontinued/
My lashes are long to begin with but are very straight and almost blonde. This made my lashes longer. The size of the brush made it easy to maneuver the product on to my lashes. It is easy to apply and wasn't too goopey or too dry. It reminds me of Lancome Definicils, except this performs a lot better for less $.
At the end of the day (some 15 hours after I applied my makeup) this mascara hadn't flaked or caused black marks under my eyes. As far as volume, it didn't give much...it is a lengthening mascara. I did apply coat of volumizing mascara (Diorshow) over top of this as I wanted thicker looking lashes which this product alone didn't give me.
It's an average mascara with ok results. I probably wouldn't buy this again only because it wasn't volumizing enough and I had to apply 2-3 coats to see any noticeable definition.
EDIT: I use this now as a lash lengthener or booster over top of all my mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by monaho

This mascara was very disappointing. It does make my lashes a bit longer, but it pokes my eyes so much and flakes a lot... I wouldn't really recommend this to someone!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by sunshine96

Its just an okay drugstore mascara. Its the mascara that you've been looking for if you need length but the problem with this mascara is it lacks volume. It defines your tired looking eyes, of course its a mascara! :)