October 24, 2014 | 910 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

I have this in the shade Turks and Caicos as the other two color options are just too blue-pink for my liking. This one is absolutely gorgeous the blush is a peachy fleshy pink with neutral (almost more warm than anything undertones) the bronzer is a deep cocoa almost coffee kind of shade and looks very scary in the pan I have tried it as an eyeshadow and it actually works well. Both have gold shimmer bordering on glittery to some extent but the pigmentation and colour in general make up for this and the excess shimmer is solved by applying some loose powder over the blush/bronzer once applied - this also helps to blend the shades nicely. The bronzer is incredibly dark, red-toned chocolate and pigmented would be fab on deeper skintones I am sure. I love the texture and shade of the blush so give it a 3 for quality alone, but unfortunately there is just too much glitter for my liking which is rather noticible in sunlight and I dont get any use out of the bronzer - but fabulous for those for darker skintones who like a bit of glitz!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by bettybear135

Everybody always says this is a dupe for the nars orgasm Laguna blush bronzer duo, but the blush is NOWHERE close to the organsm blush. Just a warning:D the bronzer is okay, not exactly like Laguna but its okay. My favorite is the blush, I like it over some of my high end blushes, just because it seems to enhance my Asian skin tone really well. Pigmentation wise,it's not very pigmented. But personally that's the reason why I like it. It's shimmer give my face a bit of a glow and makes me look really woken up and pretty. It's my holy grail blush!:D plus it's only 3$!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by gagaglam03

Dirt cheap, ok quality, but did not impress me. The bronzer was good. However, the blush made my cheeks red...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in St. Lucia. It has the convenience of the blush and bronzer in one compact.The blush color is very nice for my complexion but the bronzer is too dark and orange toned for me. The price is amazing and E.L.F. is a cruelty free brand so that's awesome. Avoid if you don't care for shimmer as both blush and bronzer have shimmer. There is very good color pay off in this product, so you don't have to use much. I probably wont repurchase this only because of the bronzer. I would, however, repurchase that blush and e.l.f.'s other blushes as well. They are lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by mstephanie

I have this jn the original shade, now called St.Lucia. When I first purchased this I wasn't convinced that it was worth much of the 'hype' it has received by makeup lovers and YouTube 'gurus' alike. Then I started playing around with it and I have come to love it. I actually frequently reach for this compact. I was put off at first by the appearance of shimmer in both the blush and the bronzer, but they do not come off on my skin and instead compliment my light-medium complexion. I just love the way this duo compliments my skin. I also like that the packaging is sturdy, especially since the price point is low. The product is powdery but not to the point where it is too off-putting to work with. I know that there are three shades right now but E.L.F should come out with more. Overall, at $3 this is a great product and during an E.L.F sale can be picked up for much lower.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Victoriab16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this! I purchased the St. Lucia shade and it's wonderful! It is a duplicate for the NARS brand which is great because its so much less expensive. Both the bronzer and blush are great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by kaylaaa22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this product! The packaging is very classy and reminds me if NARS blushes. The bronzer and blush is very pigmented and applies great. The only bad this about this is that my blush feel out if the compact! I guess the glue just wore off, I'm not sure but that's the only bad this about this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by anjamanninen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm just gonna jump right in. The price, pigmentation and packaging is what sold me. I used to use the bronzer religiously as a contour powder until I realized - it breaks me out! It's such a shame because the product is so fantastic, but in reality, I can't use it unless I'm willing to pay with breakouts. I'd give it a try, if you haven't already, but if it broke you out, just know you're not the only one!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by shengqix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It is such a steal! $3 for both blush and bronzer! it is definitely an awesome beginner makeup item.

The blush fades away halfway through the day :/ and the gold sparkle in both the blush and the bronzer is just not flattering... also the colors aren't very nice. the st. lucia color made me look like i had a sun burn and the bronzer made me look dark, not the sun-kissed golden tan effect...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Triscuits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Pro's:
*Packaging. This little duo ranks among the best packaging I've seen from any drugstore makeup. Nice large mirror, easy to open and securely close, sleek and compact, doesn't feel cheap or flimsy. A real pleasure.
*Price. Very good deal given the nice packaging and amount of product. Very low $$$ risk to try out this product for yourself.
*The blush color is beautiful pink/peach, just wish it were more of a matte finish rather than being full of gold glittery/shimmer. The texture is fairly nice, though, and very easy to work with. I would only wear this blush for evening, though, the glitter/shimmer makes it too glammy for daytime wear for my taste but it's a very flattering color on my skin.
*The bronzer appears to have some shimmer in the pan but applies to the skin more like a matte/satin.

Con's:
*The bronzer and blush are neither water or sweat-resistant. A single tear or ball of sweat running down my face will leave a distinct trail anywhere it came in contact with the product.
*I don't notice oxidation but I do notice both the blush and bronzer get patchy, cakey, and start separating after a few hours or so (contingent on levels of humidity and oil production).
*The bronzer looks a little dirty on my fair-light neutral leaning warm tone skin, and it doesn't apply or blend out very easily. I find the bronzer too difficult to work with to get a smooth application and natural result, so I don't even bother with the bronzer anymore.

I'd still recommend this, it's so cheap and practically a steal if you nab one during one of E.L.F.'s sales, it's definitely worth a try. If the product doesn't work for you, at least you'll get a pretty good quality sleek compact with a nice mirror out of it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No