July 22, 2014 | 2060 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the packaging, but the product is crap. Please DO NOT BUY THIS! I bought this to replace my $40 Lorac tantalizer to contour my face- and this stuff is hiiiighly pigmented. I look ridiculous when I have this on! I tried using the blush to blend it in- and my cheeks did not blend in with the rest of my face- it only made it patchy :l i have oily, olive skin and bought this in turks and caicos. I think I'll stick to splurging $40 for my Lorac....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I bought this becos of the so-called Nars Orgasm /Laguna dupe hype. The first thing I noticed when I got my box was the "Made in China" thing. I do have my concerns but glad there`s no animal testing. I got my set in St Lucia 83601. I swirled my brush in the blusher pan and applied to the apples of my cheeks and... Wow! This is a peachy gold flecked baby. Nice! If I go to the office I just go light handed so it looks like a natural flush of color. The bronzer on the other hand, was way too pigmented and left me with streaks of muddy red on my jawline. I suggest going extremely light handed with a really soft brush that doesnt pick up too much pigment... But nothing beats my Smashbox sun tanned matte bronzer. Overall I like the black studio packaging plus its travel friendly.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by kmciolli

I have been wanting to try NARS Orgasm bronzer/blush for a very long time but was hesitant to shell out the money for it. I heard that E.L.F. made a decent dupe and for the price I had to try it. Unfortunately I think it would be much more worth it to just buy the real product.

I bought this in the Antigua color, which is a bright, shimmery pink coupled with a dark, shimmy bronzer. It looks gorgeous in the packaging. Only problem for me is that the colors actually have too much pigment. The bronzer, when I applied it with the E.L.F. professional bronzing brush, looked like a dark smudge on my face, and was very difficult to blend. I ended up having to just fully take off all my makeup and start over (without reapplying the bronzer, needless to say.) The blush is a little less pigmented, but still a little too dark for my skin tone (I usually wear "beige" shades; I am not that pale, but I guess too pale for this particular product.)

However I must say this product may look GREAT on someone with a darker skin tone!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okaye so there's three diffrent duos now. I have all of them and antigua is my favorite And the bronzer is so pigmented!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by stefani100780

Great Dupe for Nars Orgasm!!!

I've been using Nars Orgasm blush for the past 2 years religiously. Anyone who asked about my rosy cheeks would get an hour full of praise about how amazing Nars blush is and how it's the only one worth buying. But then, I grew up and realized that even though I'm a HUGE fan of Nars Orgasm, there's really no point in spending ~$30 on blush when there's a $3 dupe available. (I'm not afraid to admit that I'm definitely a label whore which is why it took me so long to stray.) But seeing as how the closest Sephora to me is out of town, and I was in a bind, I decided to try the E.L.F contouring blush and bronzing powder just until I could make the out of town trip. A lot of people have said that they love the bronzer but hate the blush because it's too glittery. I'd have to say that I absolutely hate the bronzer but ADORE the blush. It is shimmery, but I'm used to it after having used Orgasm so long ( I think Orgasm is actually more glittery than this one). As I said, I used Nars for 2 years straight and went through THREE different packages. I've been using E.L.F for about 8 months and still haven't hit pan. With Nars, my blush seemed to fade after a few hours but with E.L.F, my blush lasts all day. I did notice with E.L.F, that after the first week or so, the glitter that's in the blush seemed to die down. It was as though they just sprinkled glitter on the top and that was it. When it comes to dupes, this is by far the best dupe I've ever found. As for the bronzer, I used it a few times and found it was way too dark for my light-medium skin. It made my skin look flaky and gross. I haven't used it since, but I will continue to buy this product for the blush alone. If you're looking for a cheaper version of the beloved Nars Orgasm blush, I would definitely recommend this product. It's only $3, so even if you only prefer non drugstore brands (like me), it's really worth a try. Or if you're interested in buying Nars but don't want to shell out the dough, give this a whirl first. I will say the E.L.F version is a little deeper in shade, but just make sure to watch how much you apply if you're wanting a lighter application.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Gardengrenade

I'd actually give this product a 3.5, but that is just due to my personal preference. First of all, I'm quite fond of most E.L.F packaging. Especially their studio line. It's sleek and reminds me of NARS. And if you consider the price, it's pretty nice. I got this around a month ago and was a little turned off because both the blush and bronzer have that sparkle in them that a lot of products seem to have. I was hoping for something a little more matte, especially for the bronzer. I decided to try it out when I was going out in the evening and was pleasantly surprised because it didn't look like my face was covered in sparkles (I used both the blush and bronzer). Still, I don't think it's really a day time product unless you're going for a little more glam look as there still is a shimmer to it. The powder went nicely on my face, felt like other products I have. So all in all, I would buy it again, but I doubt that will be any time soon as I'll only really use it in occasion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had to throw this and the seperate blush I purchased away. It made my skin feel super dry and itchy. Yuck. Powdery and cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAlleyJunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a matte blush/bronzer duo then this product is definitely not for you. Both the blush and the bronzer contain these huge chunks of gold glitter. It's the perfect product for parties, clubbing or raves. It's not an everyday product. I'd also like to add that the blush isn't very pigmented. I dip my brush into a little bit of M.A.C.'s studio fix+ spray then dust it into the blush and apply to my cheeks. Many people say that this a good dupe for the Nars blush/bronzer duo but I honestly don't think so. The Nars one is much more pigmented and in my opinion better. You have to take into consideration that the E.L.F. blush and bronzer duo is MUCH cheaper so of course there's going to be a difference in quality. I find myself wearing this product when I go out to parties. Overall it's a great product for such a low price but I don't think i'll be re purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by JenellaG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm over 40 with light/medium complexion that is neutral and I have large pores. With that said I really like this blush/bronzer duo! I bought the St. Lucia duo at Target for $3. I had been looking for a cheaper alternative to my HG NARS Orgasm blush and Laguna bronzer. The blush is a tiny bit more pink and not quite as pigmented as the NARS one but it is close enough and at $3 it is great buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by MConnolly29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this blush so much!! The bronzer isn't the best but the blush side is great. Adds nice color and highlight. The case is amazing too! Has a great mirror which I've noticed most products don't anymore. All in all this gives a flattering glow to any completion!