April 18, 2014 | 1865 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by drcotton

I purchased this product after seeing this on the dup list on Pinterest. I've always wanted to try the Nars blush, but I'm glad I tried this one. I have olive tan skin and this peach color blush does wonders on my skin. It gives my face a natural glow. I love that this product has the conturing powder which matches perfectly to my skin.. not too dark nor too light.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging is very similar to the NARS Orgasm/Laguna duo, but that's about it. They swatch differently and one very important difference, this breaks me out and the NARS does not.

I used primarily the bronzer along my hairline and experimented with using it as a contour on my acne-prone skin. And I ended up breaking out right where this product was used in annoying whiteheads.

The shade of the bronzer is perfect for my NW25/30 skin, but I can't use it because it breaks me out. Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by kellyyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i have repurchased this a couple times, it is a great dupe for the orgasm languna Nars duo. The bronzer is really dark on my fair skin especially in the winter, sometimes i can get away with using it to contour a little bit in the summer. I mainly buy it for the blush though, love the colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by alybaly12

The bronzed is amazing! Its shimmerly but not glittery. I wish I could say the same for the blush...its very shimmer so I really don't like to use it. So, if you are looking for an HG bronzed I would definitely go with this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

I was super wary of moving from peaches to pinks in blush because of my skin tone, but wanted to give a slight pink color scheme a try. Previously I used L'Oreal True Match blendable blush in Precious Peach (N 1-2, my first and favorite) Bare Honey (W 1-2) and Barely Blushing (W 3-4) for dramatic contour on certain nights. So after reviewing and not being able to decide, I picked up this, Nyx Pinched, Nyx Summer Peach and E.l.f. candid coral, all of which are in my reviews, and all of which are varying shades of peachy-pink.

I like this a lot. The blush is a very natural highlight/blush color. Shimmery but not too much, the most 'pink' of the bnch but not fake. The NYX ones are much more vivid, so I have to be careful with those and not apply them too far off my apples. With this, it's natural and simple. The bronzer is way too dark unless I was doing costume or someone else's makeup, but for the blush alone I'm really happy. I pair it with E.l.f. blush in Candid Coral as the contour color and this on my apples and it looks great. I use this combo the most for a simple yet warm day look. The staying power isn't stellar, but the price is unbeatable. I gave it a 4 because I really can't use the bronzer so much and can't find this alone, but it would be the same price so I guess it's like getting the bronzer free, though I assume less blush as well.

Update: Since getting this, I've tried many more blushes and this pink is just a little too pink to bother with again. I have others I wear more. And like I mentioned, the bronzer is too dark, so I wont' be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Jerena

Ladies for 3$ u can't go wrong with this bronzer duo! i don't care about the blush i mainly bought it because of the bronzer and i love it! i wanted Nars laguna for a very long time but just couldn't justify paying another 34$ for bronzer when i just got Soleil tan de chanel for 52$ I saw pictures online comparing first too and it convinced me that they about the same color! even if they are not exactly the same who cares?! its still a good product, nice color and last long time on my oily skin. High end products are very tricky in my opinion, half of them are good but another half you just paying for the brand and nicer packaging. I feel like if i could put this duo in the nars packaging and show it to you would love no matter what just because it is a NARS product. so give it a try as i said you can't go wrong with 3$ bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by SFlowers89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't think I would like this product. Regardless of how many youtube beauty gurus scream that this is an exact dupe of nars laguna/orgasm, I just don't see it. The colors have different undertones, especially. However, I was curious to see how it would apply, blend and wear throughout the day.

I purchase this from my local Target and immediately went home to apply. It does take some additional blending (and a light hand) on the contour. Plus a bit heavier on the blush. But it wore well throughout the day. It didn't fly off my face like a lot of the cheap stuff does. The sparkly bits of it (thankfully) were the only parts that didn't stick.

Good product for the price. Not a dupe for Nars, but still a good product. If you're just learning to contour (or need an extra palette for the purse), I'd definitely pick it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by sayshal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this everyday now that winter has set in to keep my skin looking healthy. I'm pretty fair, and need to put a little color back into my cheeks after I apply foundation. The blush and bronzer go on sheer, but are build-able. I personally really like the sheer does of color you get with one or two brush strokes. This bronzer does NOT make my NC20 skin look orange and gives my skin a sheer wash of color where I need it. I see a lot of people comparing this to Nars, and since I have no experience with Nars orgasm and laguna I honestly can't compare the two. The colors are very wearable and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a peachy-pink blush and bronzer compact at a very low price. You really can't beat $3.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by walkingdiktionary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use the bronzer every single time I wear makeup and I love it. It is kind of dark but you just use a light hand and blend it well and its good. I like the blush too but I don't use it every single time.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by grellsutcliffspears

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasn't expecting this that great. And it's not. The blush is pretty and gives me a subtle flush. People compare it to Nars' Orgasm, but it's much prettier. A lot of people say Orgasm can be worn on anyone. Well it can't. But this one can be worn by me. It probably won't show up on dark skin tones though. It's a little too shimmery for my tastes, but most drugstore blushes are shimmery, so it's okay. The bronzer, on the other hand, cannot be used for anything. Too much glitter, (I prefer completely matte bronzers) because I only contour my face. It might work as an all over bronzer, but I wouldn't know because I would rather not look more tan than I already am. Ick. I hate being tan. I'm an NC25. EW. Asians don't look very good tan. The bronzer makes my face look dirty. Both the blush and the bronzer have nice textures, but the bronzer just looks horrible on me. I won't repurchase even though it's dirt cheap because even though I like the blush, it's not an HG.