April 16, 2014 | 1386 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Sexy Curves

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by kittybearchiyo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great mascara if used correctly. (i.e. keep the brush clean, small amount of product, etc.)

Great at lengthening and separating, but not much else. The brush is great, formula is about average. Good for every day, which is what I bought it for.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by neevebabyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i LOVEEEE this mascara the packagings really cute and pretty, and with only 2 coats of it it looked like i was wearing fake eyelashes, its not clumpy and its really black. the only con was the price it was $17.50 (australian) which is really expensive but i think its worth it

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by BelleBunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

The packaging and price of this mascara instantly caught my eye and I just had to have it.

It is now my go to mascara for softer looks, since it separates my lashes so well (when wiggling the brush) and lengthens then perfectly. It doesn't look as dark of a black as other mascaras and doesn't clump them. It's perfect for everyday looks considering my lashes look like I don't have ANY mascara on (if you've seen me for the first time atleast, my lashes are actually very short x). )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

I think this has possibly replaced Rimmel's Glam Eyes as my favorite drugstore mascara. This is better than some of the high ends I've tried, and it is my HG of drugstore mascara. It lengthens and separates really nicely and gives my lashes a curl without using an eyelash curler! (and holds a curl if you use your curler AFTER application) I like the brush a lot and the formula is nice so an extra coating won't clump.

5 stars not because it's the best out there, but it's definitely the best for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by RinRdwn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The only thing I liked about it is the pretty coloured packaging. And the price. Other than that, it's rubbish. Doesn't volumised. Lengthens slightly!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by 1122135

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVED this mascara! I bought it after being very disappointed with the Falsies Mascara and it gave back my hope in TV Mascaras. This separated my lashes giving my lashes a lot of volume. The length is average but it never claimed to give length so It's alright. It also covered my lashes in black which was very nice

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by 2hemi64

This is one of the worst i have ever used and i'm pissed i didn't save the receipt to return it. It did not grab my lashes or do anything. after a few minutes i just put it away there was barely any color on my lashes ...and no volume curling ar anything.the brush does not grab at all! What a waste of 7.49!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by libbier

i love the brush but not the product. well its alright but sure doesn't give you any sexy curves like it said. it doesn't seperate my lashes and have no effect on your eyes at all. however, this looked really good on my bottom lashes. the price is affordable i guess but i won't buy it again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by makeupwoot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara

In all, it's a perfectly nice mascara though I think that the name implies something that it doesn't really do. Years ago the "curling" mascaras came into fashion and women were thrilled that they would no longer need to use eyelash curlers now that there was a magical mascara that would do the curling for them (they didn't work well). This mascara's name when I first heard it, gave me the impression that it was a similar product, or at least was formulated to hold a curl longer. The "Sexy Curves," seems to be more of a description of the tube and the head of the wand however.

Pros vs. Cons

Pros
1. Long lasting with little flaking
2. Available in regular in waterproof.
3. Lash separating comb-style wand head.

Cons
1. Not much volume
2. Price will vary: I paid $6.47 + Tax at Walmart.

Some have complained that the packaging is juvenile and cheap looking, though I personally could care less so long as the packaging doesn't interfere with the use of the product (see my review on Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion for my take on this http://www.luuux.com/health-beauty/cover-girl-lash-blast-fusion-purple-t... ). The packaging itself is a curvy bottle with purple chrome paint. The plastic is thin and it will give a little if you squeeze the tube hard enough, but, again, I see no reason why this would have any bearing on the actual product itself.

The product claims that it has a "full figured brush with 3X the curves for 70% curlier lashes," as well as the ability to coat and de-clump the individual lashes for a complete, curved look. Additionally, Rimmel boasts that it is enriched with proteins that condition and plump lashes over time. The mascara itself is a nice consistency, it's not too thick or watery and I haven't had any problems with it drying out. The head of the wand looks similar to the high end Fairy Drops mascara wand in that it has three distinct beads that are designed to catch each lash, but it's set up on a straight line, as opposed to the curved head design of the Fairy Drops product.

As for what it claims to do? Well, my lashes are super long naturally and since I started using a lash boosting serum in my never ending quest to have make-my-lashes-explode volume, they're even longer (to the point where they're annoyingly long). As for deep conditining and plumping my lashes, I can't see that this product is going to do anything more than the lash boosting serum I use does so all I have to go on is how the product holds up and wears. I got the regular non-waterproof formula (I work in an office so I don't need something that stands up to sweat and heat) and It stays in place pretty well.
I didn't notice any smudging or running even during a ten hour day. The mascara definitely coated each lash and separated them and since the head of the wand doubles as a lash comb, it was easy to comb and position my lashes at the angles I wanted so that they popped. The formula didn't give me much volume.

As I said in my opening, it's a nice mascara that is great for everyday use if you're not concerned about lengthening or volumizing properties. I Like using it on days when I'm going for a more natural look and don't want to use my Sephora Lash Plumper (the product that gives that make-my-lashes-explode volume). I also used it because I like the comb for helping blend my natural lashes in with false lashes on the days when I wear them.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by kxtreme16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this mascara was terrible. no volume, barely any length. at first when i bought it, i found the brush really interesting, before i noticed it served no purpose at all. will not repurchase.