October 1, 2014 | 2164 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Exact Eyelights

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by deutschebirdy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I bought the waterproof version of this product so it may be a little different but it was horrible. It clumped that colour wasn't very nice and it ended up flaking off. Definitely will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is specifically for the Black Ruby color.

This another one of those awesome finds that is inexpensive and performs well. That means it will be discontinued. That always seems to be the case for me.

As a redhead, it's hard for me to find mascara that is the right hue for my coloring. Black is too harsh, brown is just dull and uninspiring. Back in the '80's, I met and fell l in love with burgundy colored mascara because it suited my coloring so well and made my green eyes really striking. Unfortunately, when the '80's ended, so did the cosmetics industry's love affair with colored mascaras. I haven't been able to find another one until recently when the exact eyelights line came out.

Aside from being a beautiful color, this is really great mascara. I find that it lengthens and thickens without flaking or clumping. It's versatile as well, as you can go from a natural look to a dramatic look just by applying more coats.

The color is not terribly noticeable, but it's not meant to be. The effect is intentionally subtle. You don't want people to look at you and think..."Wow, that's really pretty mascara." You want them to think..."Wow, her eyes look amazing." With this mascara, people see your eyes, not your eye make-up.

Recently, I was in Ulta and bought BadGal Plum by BeneFit, assuming that, as a high end product, it would perform better. I thought that if the Cover Girl brand was great, the BeneFit would be AMAZING. But to my surprise, the BadGal Lash couldn't touch the Cover Girl in terms of performance, nor in terms of color. The BadGal was $20 and is now languishing in my make-up drawer. The Cover Girl was $7 and gets used every single day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Eyja87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great mascara! I've been using it for ages now and I absolutely love it. This by far beats all the more expensive brands I've tried! Beautifully lengthens and gives volume without smudging or flaking the tiniest bit. Thanks CG :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by syjimenez

Its okay, its like buying normal mascara it doesnt clump but it doesnt make your eyes bright or anything, i bought the one for brown eye and it has some glimmer to it but it made my eye lashes look almost grayish..did not like this.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by tokyorosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a so-so mascara. I like that it's waterproof and subtle. I don't actually detect any gold in the mascara, but it might freak me out if I did. It doesn't flake on me, but it's not particularly great at either lengthening or thickening my lashes. It seems like more of a lash tint than anything. It's fine I guess, but I won't repurchases when there are so many other choices out there!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Chikyuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The eye-brightening effects are minimal, so if you were looking for a lot of effect, you should try the whole eyelights collection of products (eyeliner, mascara, and eyeshadow) before deeming the product useless.

Personally I like this mascara not especially for it's eye-brightening effects, but because it's natural looking. On me dark, very black mascaras look quite stark, but since this is a lighter shade it looks more natural. Plus the brush is actually very nice at defining without clumping.

Yes, it IS little flecks of glitter that make the mascara supposedly brighten eye color. So if you have sensitive eyes, don't use this. Overall it's a good daywear, natural-looking defining mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2009 3:35:00 PM More reviews by HighbrowLady

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The thing I love the best about this mascara is that it doesn't come off under my eyes which is a problem I have with most mascaras. I can put it on in the morning, go to work, tend to my horses outside after work and it still doesn't come off under my eyes. It doesn't make your lashes look super, super dark and defined though, so not really good for evening wear. I would use another mascara if I need my eyes to look really dramatic for night or a big event or something. A good daytime mascara though. Didn't really notice the glitter at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

bleh, awful stuff. no lengthening, clumpy, weird spots of glitter that don't really do anything to enhance the eyes. overall a horrid mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by purplerain400

As a mascara its fine, it didn't really lengthen or make my lashes full. But they also have 4 colors to complement your eyes. Its supposed to be shimmery or something but i didn't notice anything.I wont repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by annarshaver

I've been using this mascara for quite a while now & absolutely love it. the best wand brush on the market. it doesn't clump or flake, defines my lashes perfectly. i totally love it.