Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

3.6

Water, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Squalane, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sorbitan Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Oleic Acid, Methylparaben, Lecithin, Propylparaben, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Trisodium EDTA, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica (Cl 77019), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007). 6/1/09

on 8/5/2010 11:54:00 PM

This is a good foundation, but just not right for my skin type. It would wear beautifully on someone with oily or oily combination skin; I have just normal combination skin so it was a little dry on me.
It has beautiful coverage but looks light and natural on. it stays in place all day, even without a setting powder. there are lots of colors to choose from and warm ivory matched me perfectly. I think this would be the perfect foundation for a teen with oily skin looking for something that looks natural and stays on all day! for my skin, I prefer Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizers and Bobbi Brown's natural finish foundation.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This foundation is disgusting! I got it in a sample (thank goodness for samples!). But this just has to be the worst liquid foundation I have ever used! It slides right off my dry!!! complexion. Looks cakey with only a light layer. It is honestly overrated, and overpriced!!!

on 8/3/2010 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This foundation was definitely not what I was hoping for after reading reviews on it. I found the texture was nice and when it went on it looked pretty good but after about an hour it started getting really cakey. I used the primer from the same range by LM but even with using that and powdering it wouldn't last (and that was in winter so my skin was not even as oily as it gets during summer). Won't be buying this again, its not worth it for the price

on 7/21/2010 6:20:00 PM

I use this in Sunny Beige with Cle De Peau concealer and loose powder for full and perfect coverage. I get the most compliments on my skin when I wear this combination and it lasts all day. I do switch to Mac Studio Fix powder in the summer for light coverage.

on 7/6/2010 12:20:00 PM

This foundation is okay. I really liked it for a while, when my skin was better, but now that I am having some "issues," (a true test for foundation!) I reach for it...never. It's expensive ($42). I paid the same price for the LM Tinted Moisturizer (which is worth every penny, as is the concealer).

I think the main issue I have with it is that I feel it doesn't blend very well, and can look chalky. Coverage is medium. The finish looks pretty natural, if you take the time to seriously blend, but I'd rather have an easier application process. I don't hate it...it's just mediocre. Honestly, I like my Maybelline Superstay 500x more than this.

on 7/1/2010 3:02:00 PM

bad bad bad!! Break me out!!!!!!!!!! yuuuuuk

on 6/30/2010 5:13:00 PM

In a recent cosmetic shopping spree i purchased the following LM products:
oil free foundation (vanilla beige)
translucent setting powder
eyelash curler
second skin cheek color (lotus pink)
velour poof

Wasn't terribly impressed by the foundation, which I was pretty bummed about. Wanted to like it so much but if I'm going to look like an oil slick 2 hours into wearing this then it's obviously not worth the price.

on 6/19/2010 12:40:00 PM

i was on a hunt for a long lasting liquid foundation for every day wear and i decided that i'd give this a try. i have to say this is one of the best liquid foundations i've ever used.

this foundation is oil-free so it dried up a bit fast and i need to work quickly with it. i use both my hand / foundation brush to apply it depending on my mood. i even mix it with primer sometimes if i'm in a hurry. it provides nice coverage and have a matte finish and it last all day long! plus, it comes with a pump!

what i don't like about it is the price... and the fact that there's only one place i can get it in Singapore (beside getting it online) and sometimes with a lot of acne scars left on my face, i wish it had a better coverage but overall, one very good product i love to use

on 5/31/2010 12:21:00 AM

Stop wasting you're money on other foundations and try this one, you will love it. I've bought so many foundations and none of them seem to work for me. I heard about Laura Mercier Foundation and fell in love with it, it has excellent coverage and very light weight, I add Laura Mercier concealer and my face is flawless, no more worries for my face. LOVE THEM BOTH

on 5/27/2010 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this as a light foundation. After trying different methods of applying, I found the best way was put one pump's worth of foundation on the back of my hand and using a dry wedge sponge. A lot of people seem to like applying it with a wet sponge, but I felt that just wasted foundation and I didn't get as good coverage. I have fairly decent skin, and I really only need something that evens out of my skin tone. I wear Sunny Beige, which is a perfect match. I also wear Medium Beige in Bare Minerals and Sand in Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in Sand.