December 22, 2014 | 1716 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter Shea

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When I first tried this in th TBS store it felt really think and balm like, probably because there are so many people opening the tub and the product's kinda dried up. But when I got my own tub the texture's really smooth and creamy.

The smell is not your morning-wake-me-up scent but more of a nutty-musky evening fragrance, its not offensive so I've got no issues with that. Yep.

This thick butter was surprisingly easy to spread and absorb. I woke up with very soft feet I'm so gonna use it every night.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2009 7:08:00 AM More reviews by xAysha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a 50ml tub of this free with Marie Claire magazine (the magazine costs around 3 so great bargain, i wouldnt of bought it otherwise) i was expecting a natural nutty kind of smell but it smells more perfumey and not all that nice, it actually makes me slightly dizzy when i smell it! :S although the smell is comforting. i dont have dry skin but it makes my skin look and feel realllly soft, i apply it all over after my shower and my boyfriend always comments on how silky i feel-although, he does this whatever body lotion i use, i think maybe the body shop body butters are no different to a cheap rich moisturiser. i have the cranberry, grapefruit, coconut and tangerine afthey were all bought for me as gifts at different times this year). my fave is the coconut but thats coz im obsessed with anything coconutty lol x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by yuckyuks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

LOVE this Body Butter. I've tried many a moisturizer in my time, and this one tops the list. I love it for moisturizing my skin to absolute perfection - my legs feel sooooooo soft and supple, and there's no greasiness or weird "stick" to it (like Aveeno Daily Moisturizer, a popular lotion on MUA). My skin just consumes this stuff. I have normal skin, and though this is ultra-moisturizing it doesn't leave any oiliness on me. I put this on without toweling off after showering. Those experiencing greasiness must be putting on too much - this butter is meant to be spread well.

Which brings me to my one complaint: The price! I don't skimp much on the products I use (especially not when it comes to makeup), but body lotion is something I spread over my entire body every day. I went through the tub in about a month and a half - granted, I used too much in the beginning and let my mom use it, who just mauled it - but $20 for a moisturizer that lasts a month and a half? I hate spending $160 + NYC tax on moisturizer every year. I feel like there must be something of a similar effect that won't cost me as much in the long run.

That said, I'm such a sucker for this stuff. I'm not in love with the scent, but I don't mind it - it's fairly faint - and I find it kind of comforting when I do catch a whiff. I don't have skin sensitivity or any such problems, so I can't comment on that. But the deal-maker for me is when my boyfriend says, wide-eyed, "how can you be so soft?" and keeps stroking my body in wonderment of the female skin. (TMI? Sorry!)

Look, anything that can make my boyfriend fall in awe of me is staying in my arsenal. I wish I'd found love like this with Jergens or something in that price range, but I'm willing to give up buying a few blushes to keep buying this. And that's saying something.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2009 6:14:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As a butter, this is wonderfully moisturising, but it also surprisingly spreads and absorbs really well too. I have very dry, flaky skin and this does a great job of making my skin soft and smooth. Despite its richness, it dries relatively quickly and doesn't cause my skin to stick to clothes or sheets as much as other rich body lotions/creams. I love the gorgeous scent and how smooth it makes my skin look. It's a bit pricey, but as it's quite rich, a little goes a long way. It does help though that I apply it while my skin is a bit damp, which not only helps the butter to disperse better, but also means that I use less.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by katana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of three body lotions/butters I keep coming back to. I like the smell, the consistency and the effect. Overall simply a great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by evelynchauder

I only bought this because it was on sale and I'm very impressed. It truly feels like butter--more solid when you first scoop it out but melts like a dream once you apply. I adore the smell, sweet in a floral way. It makes my skin baby soft!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2009 6:41:00 AM More reviews by punkelikat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This body butter is a bit hard to spread, as it's very buttery, but it's very moisturizing AND sinks into skin quickly. Also smells good, but not very strong, so it's.. layerable. Is that really a word?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love this as a moisturizer for my ultra dry legs. If you have really dry skin, I really recommend this, it's done wonders for me. I find it to be the most moisturizing than the other TBS body butters that I have. It's really thick, but spreads well without leaving a greasy feeling. It's also smells amazing. It's my favourite scent of TBS body butters that I own.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 6:43:00 AM More reviews by rephael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my favourite body butter from TBS. I'm not that fond of that strong fruity smell and found out that this smell is absolutely amazing. Not that strong or artificial. It moisturizes perfectly too. A little goes a long way as it's very thick, unlike other butters. Love this and definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 9:10:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This is my HG body butter from TBS. It's extremely thick (like real butter from the fridge thick) and it's super-duper moisturizing. I love the fragrance which is quite subtle and doesn't interfere with other fragrances. It's a clean scent imo. I think most butter butters from TBS takes a very long time to absorb but that doesn't bother me because I apply it during night time plus my skin needs that intense moisturization which no other moisturizers can provide (yes, even Nivea - even though it does make my skin very smooth but I think that's the silicones and not the actual moisturizating properties - Nivea is good for summer months I find). In the dreary winter months in Canada, TBS body butters and especially this is the best! Will repurchase for sure!