The Body Shop Body Butter Shea

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

from Amazon.com: Water (Solvent/Diluent), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) (Emollient), Cocoa (Theobroma Cacao) Butter (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Babassu (Orbignya Oleifera) Oil (Emollient), Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), F D & C Yellow No 5 (Colour).

on 9/1/2009 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I loved this product when I used it in a dry country, but in hot/humid countries it just felt thick and sticky on my skin. Application is a bit difficult due to the thick texture, but once the stuff is on the skin, it feels really light and smooth. The smell is one of the reasons I bought this product, I love it. I've tried a few of Body Shop's body butter, this is one of my favourite amongst them in dry countries. Since I spend some time in both dry and humid countries, I only use Shea Body Butter when I'm in the dry ones.

on 9/1/2009 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am crazy about this stuff. I got a small pot with a magazine and fell in love. I never tried body butter because i thought i didn't like the thick consistency. It's not sticky but super moisturizing and smells amazing. I really like jars better than tubes so this is great

on 8/6/2009 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have a problem with dry elbows, and Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion has basically taken care of this problem. However, it is very hard to find in the UK, where I spend a lot of time. The Body Shop often has sales on its butters and I find them very reliable. The two best, in my opinion, for dry, rough skin are the Hemp and Shea. Hemp is the closest to unscented, but has a green scent that you either love or hate (I love it). Shea has a surprising perfumed scent that is not overwhelming - I find it pleasant. Overall, the Shea Body Butter makes an excellent body moisturizer that absorbs quickly, but it doesn't quite conquer my dry elbows like the Aveeno does. (Neither does the Hemp.) I love these butters for their natural ingredients and skin-softening qualities, but for sheer dry skin protection, Aveeno wins. I'll still probably repurchase when this goes on sale.

on 7/28/2009 5:02:00 PM

Of all The Body Shop butters, this is my favorite for dry skin. It absorbs quickly and lasts all day. I personally think it's expensive and the smell a bit strong, but it works on my dry skin. I'd buy it again if it went on sale.

on 7/28/2009 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This bodybutter works great on dry places. I use it on my legs after I've shaved them. I like the creamy texture. I also like that the skin absorbs it easily. I don't really like the smell though, but it's not an overpowering smell.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells great! Not too overbearingly sweet like some of the other Body Butters. Moisturizes better than those too if you have dry skin. A great buy.

on 6/13/2009 4:56:00 PM

I love this product!! The smell is heavenly! And most important it moisturizes my dry skin very well. Normally my skin feels sticky after applying body lotion or something similar. After applying this body butter my skin still feels a little sticky but noticeably less then when applying something else.
It's kinda expensive so I try not to use too much so I won't run out as quickly. Though when I do, I most likely will repurchase :)

This smells amazing! I can't really describe the smell but its lovely without being too overpowering. The product itself is really nice, it has a great texture (I hate moisturisers which are too watery or too thick) and sinks easily into the skin without being too greasy. The ingredients are also top notch - shea butter, cocoa butter and babassau oil, all community traded from small-scale farmers in Ghana. Its great as a hand cream, foot cream or all over body moisturiser, and it really does keep your skin moisturised for hours.The only downside is the price! I think its about 4.50 for a 50ml travel size (which I used up in 5 days!) and 12.20 for a full 200ml size. This would be a product I'd use every day if I could afford to, but because of the price I tend to use it sparingly when my skin needs a treat.

on 6/5/2009 10:36:00 AM

In general i like this product, smells great but i dont think it moisturizes my skin, the price is ok, not so expensive but not cheap too....

on 6/4/2009 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on the fence about repurchasing this. On one hand, it smells nice, spreads easily, and is pretty moisturizing, but on the other, it's expensive. EVOO works better as a body moisturizer for me and is cheaper =T

Popular Lotions / Creams