April 18, 2014 | 865 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter Shea

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2009 6:14:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As a butter, this is wonderfully moisturising, but it also surprisingly spreads and absorbs really well too. I have very dry, flaky skin and this does a great job of making my skin soft and smooth. Despite its richness, it dries relatively quickly and doesn't cause my skin to stick to clothes or sheets as much as other rich body lotions/creams. I love the gorgeous scent and how smooth it makes my skin look. It's a bit pricey, but as it's quite rich, a little goes a long way. It does help though that I apply it while my skin is a bit damp, which not only helps the butter to disperse better, but also means that I use less.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by katana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of three body lotions/butters I keep coming back to. I like the smell, the consistency and the effect. Overall simply a great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by evelynchauder

I only bought this because it was on sale and I'm very impressed. It truly feels like butter--more solid when you first scoop it out but melts like a dream once you apply. I adore the smell, sweet in a floral way. It makes my skin baby soft!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2009 6:41:00 AM More reviews by punkelikat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This body butter is a bit hard to spread, as it's very buttery, but it's very moisturizing AND sinks into skin quickly. Also smells good, but not very strong, so it's.. layerable. Is that really a word?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love this as a moisturizer for my ultra dry legs. If you have really dry skin, I really recommend this, it's done wonders for me. I find it to be the most moisturizing than the other TBS body butters that I have. It's really thick, but spreads well without leaving a greasy feeling. It's also smells amazing. It's my favourite scent of TBS body butters that I own.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 6:43:00 AM More reviews by rephael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my favourite body butter from TBS. I'm not that fond of that strong fruity smell and found out that this smell is absolutely amazing. Not that strong or artificial. It moisturizes perfectly too. A little goes a long way as it's very thick, unlike other butters. Love this and definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 9:10:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG body butter from TBS. It's extremely thick (like real butter from the fridge thick) and it's super-duper moisturizing. I love the fragrance which is quite subtle and doesn't interfere with other fragrances. It's a clean scent imo. I think most butter butters from TBS takes a very long time to absorb but that doesn't bother me because I apply it during night time plus my skin needs that intense moisturization which no other moisturizers can provide (yes, even Nivea - even though it does make my skin very smooth but I think that's the silicones and not the actual moisturizating properties - Nivea is good for summer months I find). In the dreary winter months in Canada, TBS body butters and especially this is the best! Will repurchase for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Writer_Girl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is wonderful! I really love the smell. It really moisturizes and gives my skin a luxurious feel - not sticky or greasy. My skin just drinks it in. It doesn't last the whole day, so I sometimes use it at night as well. I've noticed that it also makes my tan last a lot longer and makes me less apt to peel if I have a slight sunburn. And it's pretty cheap when The Body Shop has this on sale.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by kokomacola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The consistan: very very very thick. Great for very dry skin as it said. Could be too thick sometimes. I only use it like a handcream or on my legs, because it is thick! I can't use it other place because I don't like how it feels on my other place on my body. The feels like animalfat in first minutes, it won't upsurb very quickly. The won't spret out easily, you have to work with it, scrub it pretty much to let the stuff spred out.
Smell: Like sunscreen/sunblock. Not bad, not heavenly great.
Package: great as it is because is not a lotion, and you can trust the even the last stuff from the product you could get it to the buttom:P Notthing would be left.

Updated, have lanolin as one of the bad ingredients, not recomended at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by mkupmad727

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this moisturiser its the only one that truly soothes my dry skin and prevents it from looking crepey, i.e the hands and feet especially!! i love the scent its not overpowering in my opinion as cocoa butter. im not that keen on smellin of chocolate. but this reallly does moisturise and is very rich!! a little goes a long way, the tub lasts me very long. pretty basic packaging cant complain.