Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

3.7

on 4/8/2011 5:59:00 PM

This is one of the best mascaras I've ever tried. This really gives great volume and length, but what really sets it apart for me is the deep black color and its lifting ability. I have decently long lashes but unfortunately they grow straight out and somewhat downward. This mascara lifts the lashes well and really holds the curl, which I love!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara! I originally was a Max Factor 2000 Calorie convert for many years until they discontinued it here in the US last year. I was so sad as Im very picky when it comes to mascaras. This one has an amazing brush, a rich dark formula and its texture is thick and creamy and not super wet, which I love. It separates really well and builds really easily even if the first coat is dry.Definitely a new found face!

on 3/27/2011 12:00:00 PM

Best mascara I have ever used. My lashes look like false lashes with only one coat- I don't have to apply two coats! Defines, thickens, and volumes, this stuff is amazing. The only downside for me, is that it flakes. I'll apply this, and then the next hour there will be flakes on my cheekbone from this stuff. But nonetheless, this mascara is lovely. <3

on 2/27/2011 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

the best mascara ive ever tried. full thick voluminous lashes with the sooty blackness i love. doesnt clump, doesnt transfer under my eyes, not a pain to remove. the ONLY downside is that it dries out like crazy! probably within a month i would say. definitely an expensive habit.

on 2/25/2011 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a reallyyy good mascara. The brush is nice and thick (which I love) and the formula isn't too wet which allowed me to layer it on with no clumps. It lengthened and added lots of volume. The only con is it didn't hold a curl as long as I would've liked. Other than that, I will probably buy again when I run out.

on 2/25/2011 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Way to expensive for what you get. I've had better drugstore mascara that cost $6 or less...(well, maybe not less)

I like the tube it comes in, it gets you excited to paint your lashes but then when you put it on, not much difference..and let me tell you, I have really good long thick lashes that already curl. for it to do nothing on me...well then..that's not a good mascara at all.

For 25$..no way im rebuying this!

on 2/12/2011 4:49:00 PM

I bought this mascara after reading/hearing a lot of good things about it. I'm mostly looking for a mascara to give volume, then maybe some length. I find this formula to be thick and clumpy. When I initially opened the mascara it was clumpy on the wand. Usually a good volumizing formula will start to clump on the wand when it gets old and starts to dry out some, but Smoky Lash was like this brand new. (Maybe I got a bad batch?) It does give good volume, though, but when I began building coats it became more clumpy, lashes started sticking together and looked spidery. I'm not into the clumpy spider look. Also, my eyes don't tend to be sensitive, but sometimes I felt like my lashes itched some with this mascara, not the norm for me. I would pass on this, I think there are better out there. Oh! and the other reviewers are right, it flakes. At this price it SHOULD NOT FLAKE.

on 2/12/2011 3:55:00 PM

I got a sample of this and have only used it 3 times. I really like the affect it gives to my lashes! Its very black and thickening and lengthening. The only thing is that it FLAKES! And its also a little hard to get off. I still had some on my lashed when I woke up this morning... Gross. Over all its a really good mascara but I dont think I'll buy the full sized since it's so expensive

on 2/4/2011 3:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in a swap (thanks MUAer mellaril!) and was super excited to try it. The color is a super dark and rich black, and it gives my lashes a fair amount of length and volume...buuuuuut...it flakes like crazy, and is very tough to get off! Glad I only got a trial size, I definitely won't be buying this!

on 1/31/2011 11:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I had high hopes for this mascara because I have seen several people review it saying that it is amazing. However, it is a decent mascara. It is really black. It does add volume and lengthen my lashes but I have found ones that do better at the drugstore. The biggest drawback of this for me is that it flakes really bad! I have never had a drugstore mascara flake on me before. I don't think it was worth the extra price. I will be sticking with drugstore mascaras.

Popular Mascaras