August 21, 2014 | 1490 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I got this in a swap (thanks MUAer mellaril!) and was super excited to try it. The color is a super dark and rich black, and it gives my lashes a fair amount of length and volume...buuuuuut...it flakes like crazy, and is very tough to get off! Glad I only got a trial size, I definitely won't be buying this!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by jesspynk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this mascara because I have seen several people review it saying that it is amazing. However, it is a decent mascara. It is really black. It does add volume and lengthen my lashes but I have found ones that do better at the drugstore. The biggest drawback of this for me is that it flakes really bad! I have never had a drugstore mascara flake on me before. I don't think it was worth the extra price. I will be sticking with drugstore mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by daisygirlorama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say this is the best mascara I have used out of numerous drugstore and high end brands.

It gives great volume and length.

My only complaint is that it tends to flake and leave raccoon eyes after a day of work.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by mistylovesnikras

My problem with this mascara is that after a few weeks I was wearing it all over my face, not just my lashes. The color is very intense and dramatic which I LOVED but the gorgeous intense black is virutally useless when I cannot wear this without flaking constantly. This formula does not last long either. I needed to toss after two months as it was by then too dry. They had a great concept but the performance was dismal.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by mcmahon91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this in one of those beauty in a box things from sephora for christmas and this product has become my holy grail of mascaras!! I have very spars eyelashes, they're short and not thick. I put two coats of this on and it's like BAM! I love it! I have so little bottom lashes that even with mascara on them you can't see them, but with this mascara they're actually visible. Now while my bottom lashes aren't bam in your face like my top lashes, it is a step up for me.

I only have one complaint, this mascara runs easily even with a little bit of water, I wouldn't suggest wearing this mascara on a rainy day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by ymakeup55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When i first tryed it thought i could use it by itself...but it didnt work as well as when i used my cheap IM pink mascara on the first layer. i did tree layers last one was Maybeline falsies....it made my lashes look super long, separated
......

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by muffinlove

Flaky, clumpy mess. This is a joke if you consider the price. Even though the first time I used this it flaked I was sure it was a fluke so I used it about 4 more times and it flaked all over my face. It looks like I'm wearing cheap mascara. I'll stick to clinique high impact.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by kella999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you weren't given the gift of beautiful butterfly eyelashes, but rather were given short stubby eyelashes....this product is for you. Initially, I bought the Mascara kit from Sephora, so I could test all of the mascaras available. I found that, aside from Benefit's Bad gal mascara, there weren't any that blew my mind. I tried Make Up For Ever's product and I really found that it made a difference. I now bat my eyelashes at everyone ;) I have recommended this product to all of my girlfriends and they each swear by this product now.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2011 8:01:00 AM More reviews by titina206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
The color of this mascara is very black. Very intense. (Some black mascaras appear grey if you compare them to this one).
The brush is amazing. It has different size bristles and really coats each lash.
Holds the curl of my lashes like some other waterproof mascaras I used in the past (this is good, considering that this is not a waterproof mascara).

Cons:
It's very expensive.
The formula is too dry (even at the begining).
It clumps.
It flakes after 2 hours on my lashes (I don't use any mascara base).

I won't repurchase again. Maybe someday I will try the w/p version to see if it's any better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 5:19:00 AM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

this has a nice consistency and did a good job of lengthening and adding volume to my already long lashes. it is also nice and black. i have no complaints about this mascara at all. it only brought me good.
however, i won't buy again because i feel like i can find a cheaper drugstore mascara that can perform the same.
edit: it's getting to the point where this mascara is dying and drying out, and i've noticed that it flakes. so when this mascara is almost at the end, you need to replace it.