April 17, 2014 | 952 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by ymakeup55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When i first tryed it thought i could use it by itself...but it didnt work as well as when i used my cheap IM pink mascara on the first layer. i did tree layers last one was Maybeline falsies....it made my lashes look super long, separated
......

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by muffinlove

Flaky, clumpy mess. This is a joke if you consider the price. Even though the first time I used this it flaked I was sure it was a fluke so I used it about 4 more times and it flaked all over my face. It looks like I'm wearing cheap mascara. I'll stick to clinique high impact.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by kella999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you weren't given the gift of beautiful butterfly eyelashes, but rather were given short stubby eyelashes....this product is for you. Initially, I bought the Mascara kit from Sephora, so I could test all of the mascaras available. I found that, aside from Benefit's Bad gal mascara, there weren't any that blew my mind. I tried Make Up For Ever's product and I really found that it made a difference. I now bat my eyelashes at everyone ;) I have recommended this product to all of my girlfriends and they each swear by this product now.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2011 8:01:00 AM More reviews by titina206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
The color of this mascara is very black. Very intense. (Some black mascaras appear grey if you compare them to this one).
The brush is amazing. It has different size bristles and really coats each lash.
Holds the curl of my lashes like some other waterproof mascaras I used in the past (this is good, considering that this is not a waterproof mascara).

Cons:
It's very expensive.
The formula is too dry (even at the begining).
It clumps.
It flakes after 2 hours on my lashes (I don't use any mascara base).

I won't repurchase again. Maybe someday I will try the w/p version to see if it's any better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 5:19:00 AM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

this has a nice consistency and did a good job of lengthening and adding volume to my already long lashes. it is also nice and black. i have no complaints about this mascara at all. it only brought me good.
however, i won't buy again because i feel like i can find a cheaper drugstore mascara that can perform the same.
edit: it's getting to the point where this mascara is dying and drying out, and i've noticed that it flakes. so when this mascara is almost at the end, you need to replace it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by cdmuzac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

As a professional makeup artist, I can honestly say i was not that impressed by this product. The first few applications were ok but it tends to dry out rather quickly. I am however in love with the brush! I kept it and sanitized it and used it with other mascaras :-) word of advice before you chuck a mascara out , figure out if its the brush or the formula.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by IvanaHaute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as a part of a MUFE set from Sephora, and based on the reviews I was really excited to try it. I have a lot of lashes and they are long but baby fine and dark blonde, so I need something that will volume and do a good job separating. This formula just seems way to runny, as it clumps my lashes in a wet mess that also ends up all over my eyelid :( No bueno! I really wanted this to work, and I must say that it's one of the blackest mascaras out there. I will give this mascara another try bc I've noticed that most mascaras change in formula a little bit after you use them for a week or so and maybe it will dry down a bit. I will update if a miracle happens :) other than that I will def not repurchase this gloppy mess!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by mcclearydot20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Eh... It's OKAY. But just that - okay. My favorite mascara of all time is still Diorshow, but I wanted to try something different. So the lady at Sephora said this was a good one. Which it IS... just not as volumizing as I would have liked. Does a great job thickening and lengthening though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by cakie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought it based on the hype... cant say it was a big mistake. But for someone with straight (and short lol) asian eyelashes, this kinda does the job. It does add volume, and make your lashes look fuller and longer. It is kinda heavy that actually weighted my lashes down even though i curled them nicely. And it does smudge.. not in a very bad way as long as you are not crying, sweating... or doing any activity that cause moisture around your eyes area :P Though one down side, it flakes badly when I apply it at my lower lashes. For now, I say I would repurchase... but I'm not too sure. I still prefer Stila mascara better even though they dont provide that much volume, but at least they dont weight my lashes down and my lashes still look fresh even after a nap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

One great mascara, which actually does NOT smudge under your eyes finally!!! Very important! You can put a couple of layers on (which is not really necessary, because it gives volume and length with the first coat in my opinion) without clumping though. Definitely worth the money!