April 25, 2014 | 922 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Youth Dew

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 10:11:00 AM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Funny thing, i was just reviewing a rare frag that gives me a headache and I thought of this. This is the rare other headache-inducer. And the person right below me agrees so i dont feel so bad! I can appreciate a good vintage perfume (l'heure bleu comes to mind) but this is horrid. I cant believe they still make it. Who knows? Maybe its marvelous on someone, but i couldnt imagine...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by GRUDGRIME

Headache in a bottle is the only way to describe this truly repulsive frangance.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2007 5:26:00 PM More reviews by erika511

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I never thought I would actually want to wear Youth Dew. It was my paternal grandmother's scent and my mother wore it off and on in the 60's and 70's. When my grandmother died, in her bathroom were about 12 unopened boxes of Youth Dew. I took one and have had it ever since. Last weekend, I was looking for a spicy scent for the cooler weather and there it was in its box. I tried it out and thought that this might have been a mistake! It is very strong upon initial application, but after about 30 min, it is so much better and spicy and woody! Just a wonderful winter scent, and only one spray will last all day long. It makes me smile every time I wear it, thinking of my grandmother!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2007 4:22:00 AM More reviews by carela11

I can't express how I feel about this fragrance. I can only describe it as trully repulsive. I know these are harsh words, but it is one of the two fragrances that I do not enjoy. It is too potent. It is a very strange fragrance. I guess people could wear it to be different, but should not spray too much (please!!!!).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to agree with Mellimello's review point that this is just too musky and strong, My mom loves it, but I have always found it overwhelming of acidic musk, rose and some sort of earthy scent. Very artifical too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 2:13:00 AM More reviews by mellimello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know this reminds a lot of people of their grandmothers, but both my grandma and I are in agreement over this scent: we think it's nasty. It's so overly musky and heavy that you feel like it's choking you. I'm usually a fan of rose notes but this is like bashing you over the head with it. My grandma smelled it once and said it was worse than anything she had ever smelled before and I have to agree with her.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2007 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Youth Dew was my maternal Grandmother's HG ever since I could remember. Grandma is gone now, but no matter, a mere whiff of Youth Dew to this day stops me in my tracks and transports me back to a very happy childhood and times spent with my Grandma Edna. Whether we were running errands, or heading to church, or preparing for one of her "ladies social club" meetings, Youth Dew evokes a certain space in time that is among my most cherished memories to date, and reminds me how grateful I am to have been blessed with her in my life. Youth Dew is a spicy number with a depth that bewilders, and no other scent could personify my Grandma Edna. She left her mark on me and in my life in more ways than one... among those marks, an eternal connection to this very quality perfume called Youth Dew, which she proudly wore as her signature scent for over 50 years. Advertised Notes: Top notes: Orange, Bergamot, Peach, Aldehydes, Middle note : Clove, Rose, Ylang-Ylang, Cinnamom, Base notes: Amber, Tolu, Patchouli, Peru Balsam
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2007 9:26:00 AM More reviews by ditzycubanita824

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was my grandmother's signature scent.. This is what i remember her by. I remember growing up and she always wearing this. It would linger around the house for days. After her passing, i wanted something of hers that i could hold on to her by. I remember my mother spraying this around her clothes, and house so her memory would never be forgotten. I think in a way my mother would do this as a way of feeling like she was with her. My mom now wears this and i love it. This perfume is home to me. I will always have this perfume in my possesion. The 2 most influencial women to me have loved it and now so do i.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Kelly9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this, and never knew anyone who wore this (aside from a lady I worked with once) to give me any negative associations. To me, it is a sweet cola scent, heavy with amber and sandalwood, vetiver and patchouli. Flowers upon its opening, but they are mingled with the scent of a crackling fire. Oddly enough, I occasionally catch a clean laundry vibe from this also. Possibly aldehydes?

I agree with other comments about buying the bath oil instead, and dabbing it on as a perfume instead of buying the EDP. The bath oil is richer, more resins, and less of airy sandalwood and powder that is prominent in the EDP.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2007 11:45:00 PM More reviews by saucyblossom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I was inspired, as I was passing the Estee Lauder counter, to try Youth Dew again after several years. It reminds me of Christmas , when all my female relative on my Mom,s side got LOTS of Estee Lauder goodies...
Here's what happened on me. I sprayed some on a tester card, it smelled great. So I tried it on my wrist. .........
The first blast of the juice was downright unsettling. Yikes, What have I done, I thought. But after about about 20 seconds it evolved into a wonderful soft powdery woodsy rich scent. It went though a few minor changes for about 1/2 hour, lemony, sweet ect. , then settled into a weird "body odor" smell reminiscent of a baby with a pee diaper that is overdue for a change. And that's the small that stuck on me for several hours. Somewhat removed by washing.

Having said that, I would actually buy this however, because the tester card (and the sweater pocket I put it in) smelled WONDERFUL for hours/days. Rich creamy , vanilla, lemon chiffon, powdery and light as a cloud.

So, it doesn't work on my person..... however on the right person this would be heavenly..... I plan to use it as a sachet in my sweater drawer.