April 24, 2014 | 1939 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2009 7:45:00 PM More reviews by MiouMiou

This is a good mascara, but the only thing it does it lengthens. It lengthens well though, and comes off very easily with just soap and water, but hardly smudges. However, since the primer is white you have to make sure you coated everything or else you look like you have white flakes in your lashes, and the 2 step thing can get pretty annoying especially when you're in a rush in the morning. Overall a nice mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by vietcouture

I LOOOVEEEE THIS MASCARA, i prefer this over the lashblast.
    My lashblast dried up TOO quickly. This mascara, lengenths my lashes and separates them perfectly. It volumizes really well too. I love how it is double ended with the primer on one end and the mascara formula on the other. This is my first time trying it and i absolutely love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 7:36:00 PM More reviews by fordprincess

I really love this product...it does wat it says...i do see my lashes longer, is easy to wash it away i dont tend to have any fall outs like other mascaras that i've tried...i dont have any bad things to say about this mascara i really love this one and for sure im gonna buy it again....so i recomend this mascara to all the girls that have short lashes or for anyone that wants to have longer fuller lashes is really a good one and with a really good price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by tracyveronika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Meh. This product is definitely the best XXL mascara that I've tried, but that is not saying much.

You should do one eye at a time, use the primer and then the mascara right away each eye. The result is not that dramatic...looks like regular mascara on my lashes. I would not recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by ledisko17

i bought this for my homecoming dance. i wanted dramatic length. this did not deliver. well it did once, after id had it for over 6 months. First time i used it it did NOTHING except make my lashes darker. didnt add length or volume. i stopped using it then i tried it again one night and it made them look SOOOOOOO full and long but ith like 6 coats. it didnt clump s o i was incredibly happy. i tried it again the next morning for school and got NOTHING!!!! i guess its a hit an miss with this one. deffinitly not buying again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't really like this, while it lenghtens my lashes there is something about the look I don't like..I don't seem to like the primer mascaras as much as just mascara alone. My lashes just didn't look that pretty so I won't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by rocksteadyb

Eh, another mascara that will get chucked out. It wasn't the worst mascara I've ever use, but for the 2 step process it was hardy worth the results. I found that it clumped easily, and I couldn't apply more then one coat or else I'd look like a child who had played around with her mother mascara! I also tried just using the mascara side and ended up with really weak looking lashes. Definitely wont be repurchasing

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Popcornshrimp

I bought this because I wanted to see if it was better than L'Oreal's extension beauty tubes. They both give pretty much the same results. However, this one leaves some raccoon eyes after a while. I do like the lengthening effect it gives, washes off easily, and doesn't irritate eyes. But, I'm going to stick with L'Oreals version, since it doesn't leave black under the eyes after a few hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by annkk

I was very pleased of the outcome that this mascara gave me it really extends your lashes belive it or not.. if you havent already tried it i recommend that you do.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Kittens88

Alrighty...where to begin...
    Well I guess I could just cut to the chase and say that it is a horrible mascara but that would take the fun out of writing a review!
    So I was doing my weekly new product scouting at Wal-Mart when I came across a big flashy "New" sign. Intrigued I went over to investigate! Underneath the sign was a row of Maybelline's newest addition to the XXL mascara family! XXL Extentions! Alrighty so I was drawn in! I already have long eyelashes but I always like to be extreme with them and get the false eyelash look. I read up on it and it seemed simple enough. I know many people who use the original XXL mascara and they have the most lovely lashes. So in the basket it went.
    I wasn't thrilled paying $10.00CDN for it, but of course I was secretly hoping it was going to live up to it it's promise and be worth every penny.
    Well now I understand why Wal-Mart doesn't have a return policy on makeup anymore...
    This stuff is horrible! It makes my lashes stick together, it clumps, it flakes...it looks so bad after applying it that I half to wash it off. Every freaking time I attempt to wear it, it crashes and burns. Now I shouldn't say that every bit of this mascara is awful...I mean the base really does a fantastic job of making my lashes full and long. However you really can't walk out of the house wearing snow white mascara now can ya?
    Alas it has gained a spot in the "Won't Ever Use Again" makeup case. It is too bad because I am sure if I gave this to my friends they would have the most beautiful, long lashes going.
    Oh well, the hunt continues for the perfect mascara!