April 19, 2014 | 1759 users online

Fragrances - Juicy Couture - Viva La Juicy

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by nkar23

LOVE this scent. sweet and lasts forever!! it's a good value- juicy couture isnt my thing when it comes to clothing, but i have tried many of their perfumes, if not all of them. i can truly say their perfumes have always been great and high quality products- the scents last FOREVER!!! like more than all day...and i can *never* find one that doesnt fade after like 3 hours tops!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by stls

Viva la juicy gives me the same impression with princess: I would have loved them when I was 15. There are so exciting perfumes out there - for my taste at least. Why would I stick to a synthetic sugary flowery fragrance that doesn't even last?

Edit: I keep reading reviews describing it as sexy. Of course whatever one finds sexy is a personal thing. But... Viva la juicy...? Seriously?
Girly? Yes. Playful? Yes. Carefree? Easy- going? Yes and yes. But I can't for the life of me understand how can anyone find this faceless childish generic smell sexy...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by yupItsmeAgain

Love this perfume! nothing seems to smell good on me and if it does i end up with a headache! this perfume is lovely... every time i use it i get complements and usually they ask me what perfume im wearing! love it and would definitely buy it again.
Regarding the actual scent:
It is not a fruity smell its a kind of smell that your not sure if you like it or not until you put it on. Its more of a sweet flowery scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by kristinb64

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most bland, predictable, immature perfume I've ever smelled. Smells like NOTHING unique or spectacular at all, it just smells like perfume. You know how some perfume doesn't smell like anything specific, it just smells "perfumey"? That's what I get from this. Very girlie in a young kind of way, and very juvenile. Sorry if you like this fragrance... but I'm convinced that the high ratings come from people who just love the packaging, so they convinced themselves that it smells good also. The bottle is cute, but that's about the only good thing I have to say about this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by SummerSonataBlake

This is my favorite fragrance of all time - it is the perfect blend of a sweet/sugary/feminine and masculine smell (still a light base of a deep smell). It works amazing with my body chemistry - I have had men I barely know literally tell me that the way I smell makes them want to jump me lol! I ran out a few weeks ago And I've literally bought six different fragrances in the hopes to find a new great scent on me and "try something new" - I've bought Versace Bright Crystal, Michael Korrs original, Michael Korrs Very Hollywood (which I really like!), Kate Spade Twirl (like a lot!), Moschimo Cheap & Chick, and Moschimo I Love Love (which is a lot like Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue - great citrus smell!!!) but STILL even though I really like most of the new ones, they just aren't Viva la Juicy. I'm going to go out and buy a huge new bottle tomorrow! When I wear this perfume everyone compliments me and asks me what I'm wearing - I've smelled it on other people, and even though it smells good on everyone with certain people it just smells beyond amazing! Also I know that all Sam's Clubs I've been to sell it in their perfume case and there's two medium bottles (great to have two, one for home and one for purse) for $51.99 which is a really good price. This is my number one perfume that I recommend and absolutely adore!!!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Florantine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I was introduced to this fragrant by a sales associate at the cosmetic counter. The bottle is colorful with a youthful catch. I am a sucker for cute stuff and sadly got fooled by the shell. I think this fragrance is overrated or at least over advertised. A lot of money goes into advertising campaign similar to Bare Mineral products. It's a cheap high fructose corn syrup fruity scent that screams out any attention. It may be good for people who do not have a sensitive system. I can see it being a head ache case. For more classy tolerable sweet scent, I think Victoria's Secrets have better fragrances. Viva La Juicy only seems expensive but no body actually buy it non discounted. you can get it very cheap at ross or marshall or other outlet for only $19 dollars. To me, the it smells very cheap like stuff at low end stores. They don't sell very well that's why they end up at outlets. Check it out at Ross or Marshall if you can stomach this fragrance. I saw it discounted all over the places but never care for the fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my absolute all-time favorite scent. I usually hate fruity scents, but this is a nice fruity-floral that smells sweet. It's not one of those horrid scents that are so sweet that you think it's going to attract ants and fruit flies, but it's just a hint of sweetness.
I honestly couldn't imagine this scent on anyone over the age of 30. I would think Viva la Juicy is a "young" scent--not necessarily for teens exclusively, but this scent isn't exactly marketed for older people either.
The top notes are wild berries, mandarins, honeysuckle, gardenia, and jasmine (the fruits and florals). The middle and bottom notes are amber, caramel, vanilla, sandalwood, praline, which are the notes that contribute to the subtle sweetness.
Whenever I wear this, I get lots of compliments from guys and girls alike, specifically when I hug people and they get a whiff of it on my neck.
The reason why I docked off a lipstick is because of its lasting ability and price. It only lasts for 3 hours before I have to respritz (and I usually spritz 2-3 times), which isn't very good lasting power for an eau de parfum.
It's really expensive, at $19 for the rollerball, $52 for the 1 oz., $69 for the 1.7 oz., and $89 for the 3.4 oz. bottle, but that's what I would expect to see for something from Juicy Couture.
The bottle, though, is adorable. It has a big pink ribbon bow and a "couture" charm hanging from it--very cute! It looks so pretty on my vanity!
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by caitlinannexoxo

Every time I wear this I get compliments! It's such a girly scent. I don't think it's a "teenager" scent like a lot of people say. My mom loved it so much I got it for her for x-mas then my sister fell in love so she started wearing it too! It's addictive. One of my fave scents.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge fan of sweet scents so I thought I would like this. I was hoping for a sweet gourmand, but this is not gourmand in my opinion. I'm okay with that though, Juicy Couture is not cheap. So up for swap this goes.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by eatmyshort

Based on all the glorious reviews, i had to try this fragrance out at the mall. I tried this perfume at least 5 different times because it doesn't smell anything like what the reviews in this forum attest. I thought I might have had a bad Viva La Juicy bottle, or maybe it was the wrong brand. Apparently, it is the right perfume I was testing, but with poor results. There was a review from the Victoria's Secret line called Sexy Little Things where a gal claimed that Viva La Juicy smells like. Big mistake! they are only similar initially. As the hour wears on, they are totally different. The initial squirt was wonderful and exciting smelling. After 2 minutes I started feeling nauseated got a headache. This fragrance is way too strong. It's a very very heavy rotund obese suffocating difficult to breathe fragrance. If I have to summarize this fragrance, in a few words:

"a fruit stand in the summer with lots of fruit flies on top. Look at me, I am a fruit cake!"

Sugary diabetic rush . Obesity induced. I can see it being enjoyable for those who love fat and sugars to the excess. It's even hard to endure the scent even if it's free

as the hour went on , the smell becomes more and more offensive like synthetic plastic mixed with rotten over processed sugary fruits. I had to go and wash the scent off my wrist. It finally dawn on me that this is the same fragrant that some of the ladies at my work place been splashing on thinking that they smell good. Sadly, I think this is the fragrant that triggered migraines and asthmatic attacks for so many people at the office. Several people had to file complaint to HR to request people to tone down their perfumes to use deodorant instead. Horrible in air tight room, cars, and even worst in the summer. Maybe one fine day in the far distant future when my senses become dull through the ages, I might come to appreciate this fragrance. Our senses do diminish as we age. For now, it's just too overwhelming for my system.