Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.9

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

$20 for 88 colors isn't bad: it comes out to be around 25 cents per pan, and each pan lasts for a good while. I've spent 4x that amount on only a dozen (disappointing) colors from drug stores.

Makeup beginners like me, who still have trouble picking out the right colors, can find real value in this palette. A good chunk of the colors are pretty bold and unwearable on a day-to-day basis, but you definitely cover the entire color spectrum with this palette. The shadows are predominantly a matte finish, but there are a few shimmers here and there. What I like about the shimmers is that they actually have color, not just a silver powder held together by different-colored chalk.

The quality of the eyeshadows ranges from crummy kiddie makeup to pretty darn good, and overall, they're easy to work with. I haven't had much luck getting good color payoff from the yellows and lighter blue/teals (unless you have the patience to layer), but the red, fuchsia, and neutrals are crazy pigmented. Plus, you always have the option of mixing colors together, which gives you above and beyond the 88 you get.

All in all, if you KNOW what colors work for you, then you can probably skip this palette. If you're like me and like to fiddle around with new looks but don't know where to start, Coastal Scents 88 Palette might just be it.

Ok, so I bought the 88 matte palette off of Amazon a while ago. The colors are alright. Some are absolutely gorgeous while others are hideous. Basically, what you get with any old eyeshadow palette. There was ZERO lasting power and barely any color payoff for me without a primer. Seriously, it lasted me about an hour without primer. With a primer, it lasted most of the day and the colors were pretty vibrant. Not all of the colors may suit everybody, so you're really not getting all 88 colors in the palette. I recommend the warm palette much more because it is so much more versatile and easier to wear than the matte palette. Also, the price on coastal scents palettes is ridiculous! You can get the exact same palette off of ebay for less than half the price. Just search "88 palette" matte, shimmer, warm, or whatever and you'll find that you can get the entire retail version of the palette for only 10 dollars and free shipping. I am almost certain Coastal Scents and many other companies order from the company that creates these retail versions. There are tons of "generic" versions of Coastal Scents products on ebay. Just search a product without the Coastal Scent name and you can easily find a much cheaper version of it. I feel really stupid for spending 20 dollars on the matte palette now as well as on a lot of their other products. What a ripoff!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I ONLY use this for my eyes! It's very high-pigmented and gorgeous. It stays on my eyes all day long. I have gotten so many compliments on my eye shadow colors. I have combo dry/oily but sensitive skin. I didn't break out and even if I'm sweating a little bit, it doesn't smear. MY FAVORITE!!

This is a great makeup pallette!! It has all types of beautiful shades!! They are so pigmented that you barley have to use any!!!!!!! The only bad thing about this palette is that i thought the eyeshadows were bigger than they really are!! If you are a makeup designer or love to wear all different shades of eyeshadows then buy this product!!!!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have actually been sitting on this purchase for at least half of a year. Coastal Scents packages palettes together in sets now, so they’re less expensive than purchasing the palettes individually. They had a $10 off promotion combined with free shipping, so I took the plunge and purchased all four of the “88” palettes for about $60. Shipping was fairly quick, and I was pleased because everything was packaged well. The containers themselves seem a little flimsy, and I’ve had a couple of eye shadows pop out already, so I probably wouldn’t take it anywhere with me if I were traveling. Overall, you get a lot for your money. Each eyeshadow is about the size of a dime, but seriously, every shade you could possibly imagine is included. Most shades are highly pigmented with good color payoff, and they blend very well. Because similar shades are grouped together, sometimes it’s hard to remember which shade you’ve actually used if there is one in particular you like. It would help labeling them, but overall, no complaints. This is a steal!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

i have two palettes of this...one for me...one for my clients...its very cheap....u can mix and use many colors...the texture and blending with these eyeshadows are okay...there is fall out sometimes...i can still blend colors without a problem...i can also use them wet....if u dont want to spend that much money on make up...u should buy this palette....coastal scents its pretty good to me...so far i never had a problem with them....shipping is fast...i get my order with regular standar shipping like in 2 to 3 days...

I love this product! I invested in it, as it is $18.95. However, despite the high price, you get 88 fabulous colors! I would recommend the shimmer because I own both the matte and shimmer, but the shimmer definitely gives you a stronger color. I would recommend using an eye shadow base or primer first just to prevent creasing and enhance color. I wrote all about this palette on my blog, http:glitterguide.blogspot.com

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really love this thing and use it every day! I have very sensitive eyes that get all red if I use certain eyeshadows (Happened to me with Elizabeth Arden shadows) and these don't irritate me at all! Some colors are really amazing and some aren't (the yellow could have been more pigmented) but it's easily fixed by using a white cream eyeshadow underneath to help bring out the colors more. Fall out is easy to clean off and just a little goes a long way. I don't know why some people say the pots come off but mine have stayed put just fine even if I turn it this way and that (I use the mirror on this thing a lot). The applicators are bad but I never use them anyway so it's all good.

I LOVE IT. I don't know what to say. It's FANTALASTIC! I just ADOOORE it! The colors are the most pretty here on earth! They are SOOOO pigmented, like there's no tomorrow! I love love love it! buy it buy it buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I've heard many great reviews on this product. I really do like it, it's my go-to palette when I'm in a hurry considering it has every color you need. However the more matte colors are not very pigmented. When I swatch the black (bottom right hand corner) barely anything shows up. But the more shimmery ones' color payoffs are great. My favorite is the whole right side of the palette. The highlight colors are absolutely amazing. I've hit pan on almost all of them, and they are surprisingly pigmented!
Overall I do recommend this product. The packaging is a little cheap. The cover fell off on mine. But it is a good buy, only $19!

Top Rated Coastal Scents Products