April 18, 2014 | 2028 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 88 eyeshadow palette

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Tokameaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have two palettes of this...one for me...one for my clients...its very cheap....u can mix and use many colors...the texture and blending with these eyeshadows are okay...there is fall out sometimes...i can still blend colors without a problem...i can also use them wet....if u dont want to spend that much money on make up...u should buy this palette....coastal scents its pretty good to me...so far i never had a problem with them....shipping is fast...i get my order with regular standar shipping like in 2 to 3 days...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by summer0220

I love this product! I invested in it, as it is $18.95. However, despite the high price, you get 88 fabulous colors! I would recommend the shimmer because I own both the matte and shimmer, but the shimmer definitely gives you a stronger color. I would recommend using an eye shadow base or primer first just to prevent creasing and enhance color. I wrote all about this palette on my blog, http:glitterguide.blogspot.com

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Gravemedic

I really love this thing and use it every day! I have very sensitive eyes that get all red if I use certain eyeshadows (Happened to me with Elizabeth Arden shadows) and these don't irritate me at all! Some colors are really amazing and some aren't (the yellow could have been more pigmented) but it's easily fixed by using a white cream eyeshadow underneath to help bring out the colors more. Fall out is easy to clean off and just a little goes a long way. I don't know why some people say the pots come off but mine have stayed put just fine even if I turn it this way and that (I use the mirror on this thing a lot). The applicators are bad but I never use them anyway so it's all good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by mrBirthe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE IT. I don't know what to say. It's FANTALASTIC! I just ADOOORE it! The colors are the most pretty here on earth! They are SOOOO pigmented, like there's no tomorrow! I love love love it! buy it buy it buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by KhanhKimLeMUA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've heard many great reviews on this product. I really do like it, it's my go-to palette when I'm in a hurry considering it has every color you need. However the more matte colors are not very pigmented. When I swatch the black (bottom right hand corner) barely anything shows up. But the more shimmery ones' color payoffs are great. My favorite is the whole right side of the palette. The highlight colors are absolutely amazing. I've hit pan on almost all of them, and they are surprisingly pigmented!
Overall I do recommend this product. The packaging is a little cheap. The cover fell off on mine. But it is a good buy, only $19!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by ZoeEli

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this last month and i wasnt that disappointed. Some colors are really bright and others not so much. I think its good to have just because of the full arrange of colors that you can use. So they might not be the best quality but i still think its worth getting. Im shocked to see all these bad reviews because personality i think its worth the money.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by PineappleChick

So, I got this a couple of months ago thinking that it was going to be an awesome product based on the reviews I saw on youtube about these palettes. I bought both the shimmer and matte palettes because they had a sale where if you bought 2 or more palettes you got 15% off your order.

First, shipping took a long time. Coastal Scents ships from Florida and I'm in California so I didn't think it was going to take that long, especially since shipping is so expensive on the site. It took 7 days for my palettes to get here. Well, 8 but one day was a Sunday so I'm not going to count that.

I opened them and noticed right away that they had a funny smell to them, kinda like paint. I ran my fingertips on some of the colors and the pigment was wonderful! Unfortunately that is where the good ends. I tried putting some on my eyelid without primer and on my eyelid there was no color payoff at all and the shadows were really chalky. I then tried it with both UDPP and TFSI and both primers had the same result, no color payoff and a lot of fallout.

I went back on youtube to rewatch the videos but this time reading the descriptions of the videos. It turns out Coastal Scents sends out $75 gift cards for CS products to the "gurus" on youtube in exchange for glowing reviews of what they got. I feel really lied to now. I wouldn't recommend these palettes to anyone.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Amiga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is really cheap. The smell of the makeup is really creepy. I really don't trust this product because I get the sense that this is cheaply made in some Chinese factory using god knows what ingredients. I'm really paranoid about the toxic scent that comes from it. My eyes are precious to me, more than any cheap makeup. I also saw this on youtube, and I am disappointed by those girls who didn't point out how chalky, toxic, and really unpigmented this stuff is. Go to a 99 cents store and buy some Loreal and Revlon. Way better stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2010 7:04:00 AM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Way overrated. I distrust this company because of their marketing ploys. I believe they send free product to people in return for reviews on YouTube and Facebook giving glowing recommendations. That's all it could be. This is chalky and doesn't stay as well as just about any other drugstore eyeshadow. You would do better with Wet n Wild, Maybelline or Revlon. I bought three of the 88 matte palettes, one for me and each of my daughters, for Christmas last year. My daughters love makeup but they NEVER use this. I really tried to love it but don't.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by BunnyIrene

Save your MONEY! I haven't touched this palette since I first purchased it. It has a strong smell of paint and the colour pay-off is terrible. The matte colours are chalky and the shimmer colours don't show up. Save your money for quality shadows your eyes will thank you and the colour pay-off is worth the money. This is a cheap horrible product.