Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.9

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I ONLY use this for my eyes! It's very high-pigmented and gorgeous. It stays on my eyes all day long. I have gotten so many compliments on my eye shadow colors. I have combo dry/oily but sensitive skin. I didn't break out and even if I'm sweating a little bit, it doesn't smear. MY FAVORITE!!

on 8/6/2010 10:25:00 PM

This is a great makeup pallette!! It has all types of beautiful shades!! They are so pigmented that you barley have to use any!!!!!!! The only bad thing about this palette is that i thought the eyeshadows were bigger than they really are!! If you are a makeup designer or love to wear all different shades of eyeshadows then buy this product!!!!

on 8/6/2010 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have actually been sitting on this purchase for at least half of a year. Coastal Scents packages palettes together in sets now, so they’re less expensive than purchasing the palettes individually. They had a $10 off promotion combined with free shipping, so I took the plunge and purchased all four of the “88” palettes for about $60. Shipping was fairly quick, and I was pleased because everything was packaged well. The containers themselves seem a little flimsy, and I’ve had a couple of eye shadows pop out already, so I probably wouldn’t take it anywhere with me if I were traveling. Overall, you get a lot for your money. Each eyeshadow is about the size of a dime, but seriously, every shade you could possibly imagine is included. Most shades are highly pigmented with good color payoff, and they blend very well. Because similar shades are grouped together, sometimes it’s hard to remember which shade you’ve actually used if there is one in particular you like. It would help labeling them, but overall, no complaints. This is a steal!

on 7/25/2010 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

i have two palettes of this...one for me...one for my clients...its very cheap....u can mix and use many colors...the texture and blending with these eyeshadows are okay...there is fall out sometimes...i can still blend colors without a problem...i can also use them wet....if u dont want to spend that much money on make up...u should buy this palette....coastal scents its pretty good to me...so far i never had a problem with them....shipping is fast...i get my order with regular standar shipping like in 2 to 3 days...

on 7/23/2010 7:06:00 PM

I love this product! I invested in it, as it is $18.95. However, despite the high price, you get 88 fabulous colors! I would recommend the shimmer because I own both the matte and shimmer, but the shimmer definitely gives you a stronger color. I would recommend using an eye shadow base or primer first just to prevent creasing and enhance color. I wrote all about this palette on my blog, http:glitterguide.blogspot.com

on 7/20/2010 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really love this thing and use it every day! I have very sensitive eyes that get all red if I use certain eyeshadows (Happened to me with Elizabeth Arden shadows) and these don't irritate me at all! Some colors are really amazing and some aren't (the yellow could have been more pigmented) but it's easily fixed by using a white cream eyeshadow underneath to help bring out the colors more. Fall out is easy to clean off and just a little goes a long way. I don't know why some people say the pots come off but mine have stayed put just fine even if I turn it this way and that (I use the mirror on this thing a lot). The applicators are bad but I never use them anyway so it's all good.

on 7/10/2010 12:42:00 PM

I LOVE IT. I don't know what to say. It's FANTALASTIC! I just ADOOORE it! The colors are the most pretty here on earth! They are SOOOO pigmented, like there's no tomorrow! I love love love it! buy it buy it buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I've heard many great reviews on this product. I really do like it, it's my go-to palette when I'm in a hurry considering it has every color you need. However the more matte colors are not very pigmented. When I swatch the black (bottom right hand corner) barely anything shows up. But the more shimmery ones' color payoffs are great. My favorite is the whole right side of the palette. The highlight colors are absolutely amazing. I've hit pan on almost all of them, and they are surprisingly pigmented!
Overall I do recommend this product. The packaging is a little cheap. The cover fell off on mine. But it is a good buy, only $19!

on 7/2/2010 6:51:00 PM

I got this last month and i wasnt that disappointed. Some colors are really bright and others not so much. I think its good to have just because of the full arrange of colors that you can use. So they might not be the best quality but i still think its worth getting. Im shocked to see all these bad reviews because personality i think its worth the money.

So, I got this a couple of months ago thinking that it was going to be an awesome product based on the reviews I saw on youtube about these palettes. I bought both the shimmer and matte palettes because they had a sale where if you bought 2 or more palettes you got 15% off your order.

First, shipping took a long time. Coastal Scents ships from Florida and I'm in California so I didn't think it was going to take that long, especially since shipping is so expensive on the site. It took 7 days for my palettes to get here. Well, 8 but one day was a Sunday so I'm not going to count that.

I opened them and noticed right away that they had a funny smell to them, kinda like paint. I ran my fingertips on some of the colors and the pigment was wonderful! Unfortunately that is where the good ends. I tried putting some on my eyelid without primer and on my eyelid there was no color payoff at all and the shadows were really chalky. I then tried it with both UDPP and TFSI and both primers had the same result, no color payoff and a lot of fallout.

I went back on youtube to rewatch the videos but this time reading the descriptions of the videos. It turns out Coastal Scents sends out $75 gift cards for CS products to the "gurus" on youtube in exchange for glowing reviews of what they got. I feel really lied to now. I wouldn't recommend these palettes to anyone.

Popular Palettes