October 24, 2014 | 1584 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 88 eyeshadow palette

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2010 8:59:00 AM More reviews by anonymousse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I bought the 88 matte palette off of Amazon a while ago. The colors are alright. Some are absolutely gorgeous while others are hideous. Basically, what you get with any old eyeshadow palette. There was ZERO lasting power and barely any color payoff for me without a primer. Seriously, it lasted me about an hour without primer. With a primer, it lasted most of the day and the colors were pretty vibrant. Not all of the colors may suit everybody, so you're really not getting all 88 colors in the palette. I recommend the warm palette much more because it is so much more versatile and easier to wear than the matte palette. Also, the price on coastal scents palettes is ridiculous! You can get the exact same palette off of ebay for less than half the price. Just search "88 palette" matte, shimmer, warm, or whatever and you'll find that you can get the entire retail version of the palette for only 10 dollars and free shipping. I am almost certain Coastal Scents and many other companies order from the company that creates these retail versions. There are tons of "generic" versions of Coastal Scents products on ebay. Just search a product without the Coastal Scent name and you can easily find a much cheaper version of it. I feel really stupid for spending 20 dollars on the matte palette now as well as on a lot of their other products. What a ripoff!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by pimpcessleelee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I ONLY use this for my eyes! It's very high-pigmented and gorgeous. It stays on my eyes all day long. I have gotten so many compliments on my eye shadow colors. I have combo dry/oily but sensitive skin. I didn't break out and even if I'm sweating a little bit, it doesn't smear. MY FAVORITE!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by xoxojentry

This is a great makeup pallette!! It has all types of beautiful shades!! They are so pigmented that you barley have to use any!!!!!!! The only bad thing about this palette is that i thought the eyeshadows were bigger than they really are!! If you are a makeup designer or love to wear all different shades of eyeshadows then buy this product!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by littlegray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have actually been sitting on this purchase for at least half of a year. Coastal Scents packages palettes together in sets now, so they’re less expensive than purchasing the palettes individually. They had a $10 off promotion combined with free shipping, so I took the plunge and purchased all four of the “88” palettes for about $60. Shipping was fairly quick, and I was pleased because everything was packaged well. The containers themselves seem a little flimsy, and I’ve had a couple of eye shadows pop out already, so I probably wouldn’t take it anywhere with me if I were traveling. Overall, you get a lot for your money. Each eyeshadow is about the size of a dime, but seriously, every shade you could possibly imagine is included. Most shades are highly pigmented with good color payoff, and they blend very well. Because similar shades are grouped together, sometimes it’s hard to remember which shade you’ve actually used if there is one in particular you like. It would help labeling them, but overall, no complaints. This is a steal!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Tokameaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have two palettes of this...one for me...one for my clients...its very cheap....u can mix and use many colors...the texture and blending with these eyeshadows are okay...there is fall out sometimes...i can still blend colors without a problem...i can also use them wet....if u dont want to spend that much money on make up...u should buy this palette....coastal scents its pretty good to me...so far i never had a problem with them....shipping is fast...i get my order with regular standar shipping like in 2 to 3 days...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by summer0220

I love this product! I invested in it, as it is $18.95. However, despite the high price, you get 88 fabulous colors! I would recommend the shimmer because I own both the matte and shimmer, but the shimmer definitely gives you a stronger color. I would recommend using an eye shadow base or primer first just to prevent creasing and enhance color. I wrote all about this palette on my blog, http:glitterguide.blogspot.com

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Gravemedic

I really love this thing and use it every day! I have very sensitive eyes that get all red if I use certain eyeshadows (Happened to me with Elizabeth Arden shadows) and these don't irritate me at all! Some colors are really amazing and some aren't (the yellow could have been more pigmented) but it's easily fixed by using a white cream eyeshadow underneath to help bring out the colors more. Fall out is easy to clean off and just a little goes a long way. I don't know why some people say the pots come off but mine have stayed put just fine even if I turn it this way and that (I use the mirror on this thing a lot). The applicators are bad but I never use them anyway so it's all good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by mrBirthe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE IT. I don't know what to say. It's FANTALASTIC! I just ADOOORE it! The colors are the most pretty here on earth! They are SOOOO pigmented, like there's no tomorrow! I love love love it! buy it buy it buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by KhanhKimLeMUA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've heard many great reviews on this product. I really do like it, it's my go-to palette when I'm in a hurry considering it has every color you need. However the more matte colors are not very pigmented. When I swatch the black (bottom right hand corner) barely anything shows up. But the more shimmery ones' color payoffs are great. My favorite is the whole right side of the palette. The highlight colors are absolutely amazing. I've hit pan on almost all of them, and they are surprisingly pigmented!
Overall I do recommend this product. The packaging is a little cheap. The cover fell off on mine. But it is a good buy, only $19!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by ZoeEli

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this last month and i wasnt that disappointed. Some colors are really bright and others not so much. I think its good to have just because of the full arrange of colors that you can use. So they might not be the best quality but i still think its worth getting. Im shocked to see all these bad reviews because personality i think its worth the money.