September 16, 2014 | 1733 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really regret buying this. It is super drying. For something that contains a fruit name in the title, I would think that it should at least smell good. It smells artificial and really chemically. I feel like I need at least twice as much lotion as usual when I wash with this. I think it is going in the trash soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by cccchloe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you are considering spending money on this product, you can get the exact same effects by washing your poor face with grapefruit-scented dishwashing soap. There is no exaggeration here. It is pretty much just as strong, harsh and horrible for skin. Please save your money, even if your skin is dripping in oil, there are much better cleansers out there that are actually MEANT to be used on your face.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by ciaobellakate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nastiest cleanser I have ever had the displeasure of using.
I never bother to write scathing reviews but DAMN. If you're looking for a pretty pink cleanser that is overly frangranced and makes your skin peel like you're standing over the fires in the 7th circle of hell, try this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by auramei

I have purchased this cleanser and its siblings from the Oil-Free Acne cleanser line a few times before and I find that it is better for the spring & summer seasons when my face is more oily because as others have said, this cleanser is drying. I love the gentle, grapefruit smell, and use this cleanser a few times a week when I feel like the blackheads and pores on my face feel really clogged especially in the mornings after using a heavy night cream. It hasn't broken me out, but at 25, I am only getting hormonal pimples here and there. I do notice that as soon as I have washed my face with this (and any other of its "siblings"), my skin gets that taut, tight, dry feeling and my cheeks are red so I have to put a moisturizer on within those 5 minutes.

Would I use it everyday? No, because I have learned from experience that you should NOT strip the oils on your face on a daily basis. Use a gentle cleanser to get rid of the built-up grease, but maintain some of the natural oils because your skin needs that balance. For night time, I recommend a gentle, but effective makeup removing cleanser such as the Neutrogena Naturals Cleanser + Makeup Remover (my drugstore HG) and a creamy, gentle scrub and/or cleanser for the morning (one that doesn't give your face that over-washed, tight, dry feeling). The less fragrance, the better!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ellab02

It made my skin red, irriated and dry. My skin was actually burning from this product. I do no reccomend buying this product if you have acne-prone/ sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Nephanie7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ugh worse ever! It made my face peel and itch like crazy. I was really sad about it too because it smelled really good and I like grapefruit...oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by carrotcake11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I tried this several years ago and loved it! I like the smell, the pretty pink color, and it made my skin soft but clean. I don't get all the hate! I will have to purchase it again and see if I still like it as much. I didn't repurchase because the pump bottle is hard to travel with, but I would like to try it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Helloneighbor

Awful Awful product. I used this 3 times (once a day) while I was on vacation and so I did not have my normal face wash with me. I was at my parents house and so used this since they had it on the sink. It severely dried out my skin and now it feels like sand paper and is peeling. I can't believe this happened after only three uses. ugh.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaA94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was pretty iffy about this product but I needed a cleanser so I got this. Immediately after the first use, it really dried out my skin!! It was so tight and the next day I broke out :(( It's supposed to help with breakouts!! Very upsetting. I'm not going to give up though and I'm going to reduce it to once a day or pm. One tip is to have a really good moisturizer! I use St Ive's collagen moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by chrischambers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I dislike this product with a burning passion. I got this because I got sucked into advertisements. I read a lot of bad reviews but I didn't listen to them. (Stupid me.) The first time I used it, it was OK i guess. My skin felt fine. The second time, it felt really really tight, and it hurt a lot. I moisturized after, thinking maybe that was the problem. The third time it felt even more tight, and started to break me out. BIG time. I had huge deep spots that I had never gotten any thing like them before after using this.. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but I still didn't like how tight and painful it made my skin feel..It literally felt like my skin was on fire. I have pretty sensitive skin so that is probably a factor, but there are much better products out there and I don't understand the hype about this.