October 25, 2014 | 973 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by hockeygirl1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my holy grail cleanser! i love this thing. i decided to try this out about a year ago after hearing so many great reviews. i loved it and i really helped to clear up my acne but i ran out of the product. My mom picked me up the clean &clear foaming face wash for sensitive skin and even though i liked it it did nothing for my acne. i recently picked this product up again and my skin is starting to clear up again! i love this product recommand it to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by KillaaaK

This product fried my face. FRIED!!

I only used this product a total of two times; once in the morning, and once before bed. I woke the next day with a horribly painful burn/rash all over my face and neck. It has been four days now since I've used this product, and my face is still incredibly tight and tender. It itches like crazy and there are tiny little bumps all over my cheeks, chin and forehead.

I absolutely DO NOT (!!!) recommend this product, and mine has been thrown in the trash.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by mswoyer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely LOVE this product. It did wooooonders for my skin

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by TennilleES

This is way too harsh for my skin

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Cutelilmedc13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely HATE, WITH A PASSION, this product! This cleanser dried out my skin and made me develop an awful rash all over my cheeks! It was terrible!!!! >>:'| I tried this product because it won the allure magazine readers choice award and everyone raved about this product. I have sensitive-dry skin and wouldn't recommend this product to anyone! No product has ever irritated my skin, as badly as this face wash did! It has even made me skeptical about using other neutrogena skin care products; however i still do use their sun-block because it was made for sensitive skin. As for the pink grapefruit face wash, sensitive and dry skin people STAY AWAY! I wouldn't recommend this to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really really do not like this face wash at all. I used to use the original version of this when I was younger and then tried this one out and they both suck. It dries out your skin, does not do anything for acne and oil control. The only good thing about this face wash is the grape fruit smell... I would not recommend this to anyone at all, it ruins your skin!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really regret buying this. It is super drying. For something that contains a fruit name in the title, I would think that it should at least smell good. It smells artificial and really chemically. I feel like I need at least twice as much lotion as usual when I wash with this. I think it is going in the trash soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by cccchloe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you are considering spending money on this product, you can get the exact same effects by washing your poor face with grapefruit-scented dishwashing soap. There is no exaggeration here. It is pretty much just as strong, harsh and horrible for skin. Please save your money, even if your skin is dripping in oil, there are much better cleansers out there that are actually MEANT to be used on your face.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by ciaobellakate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nastiest cleanser I have ever had the displeasure of using.
I never bother to write scathing reviews but DAMN. If you're looking for a pretty pink cleanser that is overly frangranced and makes your skin peel like you're standing over the fires in the 7th circle of hell, try this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by auramei

I have purchased this cleanser and its siblings from the Oil-Free Acne cleanser line a few times before and I find that it is better for the spring & summer seasons when my face is more oily because as others have said, this cleanser is drying. I love the gentle, grapefruit smell, and use this cleanser a few times a week when I feel like the blackheads and pores on my face feel really clogged especially in the mornings after using a heavy night cream. It hasn't broken me out, but at 25, I am only getting hormonal pimples here and there. I do notice that as soon as I have washed my face with this (and any other of its "siblings"), my skin gets that taut, tight, dry feeling and my cheeks are red so I have to put a moisturizer on within those 5 minutes.

Would I use it everyday? No, because I have learned from experience that you should NOT strip the oils on your face on a daily basis. Use a gentle cleanser to get rid of the built-up grease, but maintain some of the natural oils because your skin needs that balance. For night time, I recommend a gentle, but effective makeup removing cleanser such as the Neutrogena Naturals Cleanser + Makeup Remover (my drugstore HG) and a creamy, gentle scrub and/or cleanser for the morning (one that doesn't give your face that over-washed, tight, dry feeling). The less fragrance, the better!