July 22, 2014 | 2390 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Helloneighbor

Awful Awful product. I used this 3 times (once a day) while I was on vacation and so I did not have my normal face wash with me. I was at my parents house and so used this since they had it on the sink. It severely dried out my skin and now it feels like sand paper and is peeling. I can't believe this happened after only three uses. ugh.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaA94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was pretty iffy about this product but I needed a cleanser so I got this. Immediately after the first use, it really dried out my skin!! It was so tight and the next day I broke out :(( It's supposed to help with breakouts!! Very upsetting. I'm not going to give up though and I'm going to reduce it to once a day or pm. One tip is to have a really good moisturizer! I use St Ive's collagen moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by chrischambers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I dislike this product with a burning passion. I got this because I got sucked into advertisements. I read a lot of bad reviews but I didn't listen to them. (Stupid me.) The first time I used it, it was OK i guess. My skin felt fine. The second time, it felt really really tight, and it hurt a lot. I moisturized after, thinking maybe that was the problem. The third time it felt even more tight, and started to break me out. BIG time. I had huge deep spots that I had never gotten any thing like them before after using this.. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but I still didn't like how tight and painful it made my skin feel..It literally felt like my skin was on fire. I have pretty sensitive skin so that is probably a factor, but there are much better products out there and I don't understand the hype about this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by alibee78

This stuff is VERY harsh. I used it and had the worst reaction I have ever had to a face wash. I woke up with swollen eyes, my whole face was red and hurt so bad. Even my neck was covered in a rash. As the day went on the pain continued. I ended up with a dry peeling face that was incredibly painful and nasty looking for 4 days. I couldn't use lotion because my face was still so sore. I don't know how this stuff is even on the market. Look out if you have sensitive skin especially. I really do not recommend this product. My son used it and had the same reaction as I did. $12 in the trash!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Kimosaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this product! after using it twice i had a serious reaction on my face. My face turned bright red, i developed blisters and eventually my face turned into a giant scab. It took about a week to heal but my face was severely dry and itchy after that. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone with sensitive skin. It might be good if you have extremely oily skin and only use it a couple times a week.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by sdbxo

I'm not sure how this product was able to be put out on the shelves. I used it and when I woke up the next morning my face was horrible. My skin was dried out, red, flakey, and I had more acne than I had to begin with. I pretty much paid $8 for my skin to look like crap...Thanks Neutrogena!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by TheLolitaHaze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The first time I used it was okay. Normally my face can handle cleansers that are super drying. However, I didn't expect that of this one. I continued to use it all over my face and after a few minutes my skin would be SUPER dry. As in I can see the little white dryness in patches around my mouth.

I hated the smell in the beginning but I guess now I'm used to it so it's alright...definitely wakes you up in the morning.

If you do have really really REALLY oily skin use it. If not, only use it to wash problem areas, like little parts of your forehead that have pimples or like one part of your cheek. Not good for your entire face.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Arizona4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very oily skin. That said, this product works great in the summer by removing all the excess oil, however, it occasionally dries my skin out in the winter/fall seasons. I have noticed that my acne has decreased rather significantly, but I have to apply moisturizer after using it or else my skin gets as dry as the Sahara. I do not recommend this to anyone with normal to very dry skin at all. I would repurchase as I am satisfied with the results.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by littlelulu90

I recently have had a major allergic reaction to this. My face has been red bumpy, blotchy and itchy for the past 5 days after only using it twice.

I purchased this in a Wal-mart pack of 3 products: this cleanser, the scrub, and the body wash all for $14. I thought it was a steal and since I loved the smell ( my boyfriend uses the cream wash) I decided to buy it. Big mistake.

After 5 days of just washing with cold water and using Pond's dry skin cream I still have a tomato face. I won't be purchasing this product ( or anything with salicylic acid in it) again. Perhaps if your skin is not sensitive or dry then this might work for you. But do be careful and test some on your inner arm or lower neck before you use it all over your face.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by lovedrop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After two days of using this I woke up with a bright red, very itchy rash all over my face and neck. This product was the only thing I had added to my skincare routine, so I know it is the culprit of the rash. Huge waste of money.