Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

2.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

I love this stuff! First off though, I do not typically get many breakouts/blemishes. But, when I do... They hurt and are usually the result of stress or clogged pores from a new product or sunscreen. I use this cleanser only when I am having a problem because it is pretty drying. It works like magic. Within a day or two my clear skin is back. I would recommend this for occasional use. Definitely will repurchase. I bought some today actually

on 6/27/2013 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

prior to buying this product my I was getting a few blemishes on my cheeks nothing major, so I decided to try this cleanser to see if it would help. Sadly this cleanser was extremely drying and irritating, after a few times of using it my face was red, irritated, and oily. Even while your using this you can feel how drying this cleanser is. my best advice for those having problems with breakouts and skin problems is too avoid harsh cleansers that can further aggravate your skin issues as it happened to me. Like they say less is more, especially when it comes to skin :)

on 6/27/2013 4:41:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product. It smelled great and the dispensing pump was so convenient. I'm super oily, and even this stuff completely dried me out. I found myself itching at the sections of my face that we're starting to peel, and it didn't help my acne at all. It was horrible. I love Neutrogena, but they really went wrong with this product.

on 6/23/2013 5:44:00 PM

Average cleanser which I don't think is worth repurchasing. I didn't mind the fragrance, and I didn't find the formula too stripping. I don't think it broke me out, but at the same time I don't think it did much to clear my skin either.
At first I found the formula too thick and I couldn't get it to foam well. Then after a couple of weeks it started to thin out and became easier to lather. I thought that was kind of weird.
Overall though, there are better products to spend your money on that will do a much better job.

on 6/16/2013 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I got this to use on my face but only used it a few times. It didn't seem to break me out, irritate or dry my skin, but I had other cleansers I prefered.

I decided to use it on my chest to make sure I was washing off my sunscreen effectively, and in the space of using this product, my chest developed small bumps under the skin. I'm not sure if they were clogs or irritation. I've quickly checked the ingredients list and I can't see anything that I know to be a regular irritant for me (off the top of my head).

I didn't finish the product, and I won't re buy. I like some neutrogena products but not this one. I thought the 'grapefuit' smell was very artificial as well.

on 6/8/2013 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I used this for about a year because I don't try new things too much since I am acne prone.
This product however didn't help or harm my acne at all. It was like a basic and other was.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this every morning for about 2 months now and Its not one of my favorite face washes I have used before.

It is overall okay, It cleanses my skin and prevents spots, also It doesn't break me out. The main downfall for me was that I have super oily skin in the morning, when I use this it dries my skin out alot, After I've used it I'm left with dry patches and my skin feels very tight and thin.

I would have to say I would not buy again, mainly for that reason.

on 5/18/2013 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros
- smells great (smells like real grapefruit )
- convenient packeging
- oil free
- foams well
- kinda cheap
Cons
- really drying ( like after 7 uses)

on 5/17/2013 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the worst product ever. I was given this product by Neutrogena to trial, and it dried out my combinational sensitive skin so bad, after two days I was walking around with face spritzer just to keep my skin hydrated -which didn't work. My eyes puffed up so bad from this I looked like I had suffered an allergic reaction to something, and this plagued me for years afterwards. I went from having no skin problems, to having to be totally cautious of what I put near my face because this cleanser screwed up my skin. For years afterwards my skin would, for no reason, puff up and take days to return to normal.
It's been a couple of years since my eyes have swelled up for no reason, so I did recover, but this is honestly not only the worst cleanser I have ever used, it is the worst product I have ever used. Upon telling Neutrogena what the product had done to my face, they sent me a box of the product that I had stated in the initial review that I had used prior to this cleanser.

on 5/16/2013 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

when I first got to college, my mom gave me a pack of three of these. I first thought my clear skin was reacting badly to stress and new living conditions. turns out it was just this drying out my skin so badly that my skin overproduced oil to compensate. I had blackheads white heads and cystic acne from wonderful clear skin. after I finished my cleanser and switched to a creamy wash my skin went back to normal. dry skinned girls beware!!!