April 20, 2014 | 1740 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by starlessartemis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this liner and use it daily! I use to use the Lancome Artliner which is also a felt tip, but this is a good quality and more affordable substitute. It easy to apply and make thin and thick lines. Pigment is strong. However, it does smudge and flake if you rub/touch your eyes, so try not to. Also when wiping it away, some of the flakes of pigment get into my eye and it's hard to get out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This product does the same thing as the GOSH eyeliner that I was desperately trying to get away from. IT FLAKES. I'm going to assume that this is a nightmare for contact lens wearers and a general annoyance for everyone who will wash this product off at the end of the day only to find little flecks of the stuff on their pillow and clinging to their face the following morning.

The applicator which initally seems like a good idea and is soft on the eye does not hold enough product for both eyes, which means you have to keep dunking the nib back into the well which makes everything take longer. If you want a fine line using the very point of the nib you will be doing your eyeline for 10 minutes - not cool.

On the upside it is really black and leaves a glossy finish but there are so many products that do this it simply isn't worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I remember using felt tip liners years ago (back in high school), then I stopped. Switched to cream/gel liners... Thanks to raeview (one of my favourite youtube gurus) I decided to try this again! With that said, I'm LOVING this eyeliner! It's VERY black, easy to use (especially for cat eyes) & a good dupe for the Lancome's super expensive artliner. Does not smudge as well! Bought it for $9 + tax at the Superstore. Thinking of buying 2 for back up now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Melanar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this eyeliner. I've used up two of them already, now to buy a third! This is my favorite but I only have tried a few drugstore brands.

I may stray if I find something better, but I have a feeling I'll always come back to this. It was difficult to use at first but it's so easy now and it's something I reach for daily. Around $9CAD at Shoppers and maybe a dollar or two cheaper @ Walmart. Definite staple :D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by melo0u3e

I love that eyeliner, it's the first and the last eyeliner I'll ever buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by ebblondie88

Wanted a decent felt tip eyeliner from a drugstore that gives me a smooth even cat eye look. DIdn't really get great wings with this or a true black, but I'm happy with my purchase. You get what you pay for right? I bought this because I needed something quick and easy while getting ready for school and that's what I got. Normally I use the mac eyeliner gel with the seperately purchased sephora brush but it takes forever to use , too many steps for me. Washing the brush every morning dipping it in and out of the container. I wouldn't purchase this item again but I would say it's worth more like 6 or 7 bucks not 10 bucks which is what I paid for it at walgreens. Next time I'm going to try the maybelline felt tip.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by MrsEdgewood

Personally, I did not like this liner. The felt tip made it harder to apply the liner. I had to keep dipping the wand back in the tube to get more liquid liner out to apply. Also, this is not good for oily eyes, as it will flake easily. I think it is too expensive for the quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by sheltielov3r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have a love-hate relationship with this liner. it's suuuuuper black definitley one of the bhlackest liners I have ever tried and it's reallly easy to use. easy to control. but it's annoying hwen i have to dip the brush back into the cap every 5 seconds and shake the whole thing before i can continue with my line because it ran out of ink. also it smudges so you hav toh wait a while like a minute before you can open your eyes completely after finishing your eyeliner. also it fades arghhh its annoying because you have to reotuch up during the day. i prefer jordana which doenst smudge OR fade and its dirt cheap. it is a littl eharder to contorl though because the felt tip is bigger

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by roar00

I tried to love this product...but my oily eye lids did not. The eyeliner would flake after couple hours of wear even with primer. Even after applying eyeliner and primer, I could kind of smudge the eyeliner, which I say should not even happen... Though I do love felt tip liners as it make applying eye liner for shaky hands easier, but I simply can't stand the flakiness :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by blushkittie

Guys, I am totally in love with this product!

To be honest, for the past few years I've been shelling out $26 for the Lancome Artliner and decided I should become a more frugal shopper. Armed with MUA reviews and my own research on other drugstore liners, I was pleased to find this pretty good dupe of the Artliner from L'Oreal, sold as the "L'Oreal Lineur Intense Carbon Black Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner." Priced at about $8-9, I thought, this is an amazing deal, especially since L'Oreal actually owns Lancome brand. So I made the purchase and came home to test out the felt liner.

I'd been using the Noir and Brown shades from Lancome, and the L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense that I bought was a comparable shade to Lancome's Noir.

The product is very easy to use, especially since it's similar to the felt tip liner that Artliner has. I'm so pleased that the application is quite comfortable and on par with Lancome, considering the price is less than half what it cost for me to purchase Artliner! I just apply the liner beginning from the inner corner of my eyes, sweeping out to the sides and usually ending in a cat eye. The color pay-off is great too, definitely a pretty shade of true black. During the day I did not get any flakiness or smudging--by the end of four hours it had not moved, which is a thumbs up (it does say it holds up for at least 8 hours)

I believe that some reviewers were complaining about the product being unflattering due to its "shiny" texture, but I do not find that this is the case for me. The color dries to a perfect matte carbon black. I think the product that they are actually describing is an alternate shade of the Lineur Intense, called "Black Mica" which actually means there is some shimmer in the product. (The packaging is a different color as well, it's in a pale shimmery gold tube as opposed to black.)

My only negative is that I wish there were more shades for this! As far as I know, there are only three shades-- Carbon Black, Brown, and Black Mica (please let me know if there are others!) I hope this was helpful for you all! <3

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No