Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

3.0

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2% Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyethylene, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Carrageenan (Chondrus Crispus) (Carrageenan), C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Polyquaternium 7, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Polysorbate 20, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Agar, Alumina, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Violet 2, Fragrance

I used to have normal/combination, acne-prone skin. Emphasis on the "used to" because, after using this scrub, I've been having combination/dry, acne-prone skin. I definitely saw a difference after using this, but it wasn't the kind of difference that I was hoping for.

When I was using this, it didn't feel like it was doing anything wrong to my face, it just feel invigorating. The beads felt like they were scratching my skin, but I ignored that while scrubbing with it because I thought that was normal. It didn't foam as much I would have liked either; in fact, I would say that this didn't foam on me at all.
After I washed and dried it off, I noticed that my skin looked very greasy. It was also tender and soft to touch, but when I raised my eyebrows or smiled, my skin felt really tight. Ignoring that again, I went to bed. The next morning, I woke up with very dry skin, which has never happened to me before, EVER. I've always had normal/oily skin before this thing. I even had to buy a moisturizer because I didn't own one since I never had the need for one.

My skin is still trying to cope with the change, and now I'm too afraid to try anything from their pink grapefruit line.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i can see why alot of people have problems with this product as i can see if u have dry skin it would be a problem but i have quite oily skin and i am always much happier with a product that can help me reduce some of that oil and this definatley does that... i use it along with the cleanser and the 2 combined have definatley left my skin feeling alot firmer fresher and my pores have definatley been reduced... i love the smell and i can definatley see myself bying this product again... i kinda wish that the scrub was a bit more scrubby but i think for something u use daily its appropriate

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I love this and any other products from Neutrogena (grapefruit), the smell is so invigorating that you feel as if you are really cleaning deeply. I never have any drying problems after I wash because I cleanse immediaely after and I only use this product at night. I figure I use this at night so my face is clean, no need to wash my face again in the morning. For that I just use witch hazel.

I love how this smells it's a good scrub for combination skin types. I Bought this for my hormonal acne breakouts but it really didn't do anything but it did brighten my skin a lot. This can be drying and that's why you should pat your skin and leave it slightly damp then put your moisturizer on it works great!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is seriously the absolute worst face product I've ever touched. I have oily skin, real oily skin, and this crap dried my face out SO BAD. My face was burning last night so i took all my makeup off and washed my face with this stuff, and it kept burning. Then I woke up this morning and washed my face again and my whole face burned and the skin all on my chin, around my mouth and up by my nose was inflamed painful and had tiny white bumps everywhere. No amount of moisturizer is helping either. I'm going home, throwing this out, and slathering my face in moisturizer and never EVER touching this again. No one should ever purchase it. Another friend of mine said it "destroyed my f****** skin". Horrible.

My friend uses this, she has mild acne. I used this when I was at her house one day, simply because I needed to remove my makeup and I forot my regular facial cleanser at home. Once I used this, my face burned and got all red and itchy. It was horrible. I do have sensitive skin, so please stay away if you do too.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was amazed when I first tried this product! It's a great scrub, but it's still really gentle. I don't really like the smell though, it's kind of chemically.

Ive been using this for a few days now, and to honest i found result straight away. I have acne prone skin with redness and blackheads, I've been using it morning and nice and washing it off with cold water to close my pores. Most of my spots on my forehead have disappeared but most of my acne is around my chin and cheek area but have dramatically gotten better. so please. I was previously using cetaphil oily skin cleanser.
The only downside is that it is expensive for me... BUT SMELLS AWESOME

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't have that much acne, but I occasionally break out. Before this, I used a plethora of products, including Proactiv, which made my skin even worse than before. All I can say is that I love this grapefruit scrub. What initially drew me to it was the scent. I absolutely hated how Proactiv and a lot of other acne treatments I've used smelled. This scrub is not only tolerable in scent, but it smells great. As for effectiveness, it definitely doesn't work overnight, but it can clear zits in a few days to a week. It said to use twice a day on the bottle, but it actually dried my skin out noticeably, so I use it once at night while I'm showering, which is the perfect dose for me. I credit my decent skin to this product. I still have some acne, but it would be significantly worse without this. I've gone a few days without using it, and there is a difference I could see. My skin was oilier and with more blemishes. This is a great product, especially for people like me who don't have major acne, but just some breakouts every now and then.

great everyday scrub