April 25, 2014 | 1102 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Avon - MagiX Face Perfector

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by bluedestiny4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is absolutely amazing! When I first started hearing about face primers, I was a tad scared to try one, due to some face products breaking me out. However, I've been using an eye shadow primer for about 4 years (MK), and it's been working wonderfully, so I figured I'd give a face primer a try! I finally broke down and got the Avon Face Perfector. I've watched a lot of positive reviews of it on YT, and since I have a friend that sells Avon, I went ahead and purchased it. I'm SOOOOOO glad that I did!

When I 1st used it, I used a tad bit too much, and it caused my skin to look a tad ashy. Therefore, a little dab on your most needed areas is all you need! I put a little bit on my forehead, my nose creases, both cheeks and my chin, then blend it in. After about 5 minutes, I go ahead and apply either my liquid foundation or pressed powder. It makes the application so much easier and fills in lines, pores and all of those things you may have been using too much cream and concealer on!!!

Lastly, it makes my face makeup last for quite a long time! I sing a lot, and when I'm hot, I usually end up wiping off all of my makeup with my face scarf or a tissue. This primer helped my makeup to stay on for HOURS! Even after wiping my face!!! That sold me right there! In addition, it didn't allow for any oil breakthrough on my skin, or causing my foundation to turn a different shade during the day.

I highly recommend this primer!!! Definite repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Petale

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this, i don't have particularly oily skin, but my pores are huge and this makes them disappear instantly! It also makes my foundation super smooth and easy to apply. The only downside of this is the smell of it, but i don't think that it is a major thing really. I would definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by BloodHound

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I buy this all the time. I got it the very first campaign it was in for a great price. I was amazed and will never even try another primer. I have always had shiny areas on my face and not because of oil. This took care of the shiny T-zone and it makes pores magically disappear! It has a very slight scent that's not a bother at all and goes away almost immediately. If you get the product on your lips or touch them after you've applied it, you will get a gritty feeling on your lips like some cheap lip glosses make. That is the only downfall which isn't a downfall at ALL if those little gritty things fill up your pores to diminish them! Doesn't cause breakouts. You can carry the product in your purse without accidents. It's just too perfect of a product. This should be called Miracle X!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by beckyb88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because of my oily skin. I have used it for about a week and I haven't noticed it breaking me out, but I just do not think this is that great. It does keep your face pretty oil-free for most of the day, but the smell of this just gets to me. Throughout the day, I keep getting whiffs of my face and it just stinks. I feel like everybody can smell it too. It is a little heavy however, and I feel like that is going to clog my pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by katharineb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this product - i have tried much more expensive ones (Laura Mercier I'm talking to you!) but nothing beats this primer. i have very oily skin and it works to hold back the oil, not all day as I do have to touch up with powder but it is the best I've tried so far. I'm on my third tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Hesseley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this primer ever since it came out, & I absolutely love it. I have somewhat of an oily t-zone, and my cheeks definitely benefit from some mattifying, but I don't like using facial powders. This primer works wonders. It is oil-free, super-smooth to the touch, never greasy, blends quickly into skin, and keeps the shine away for a loong time. No need for pressed powder at all! A huge bonus for it having SPF 20 (higher than my favorite day moisturizer!). I have tried primers from Laura Mercier, Estee Lauder, and Smashbox PhotoFinish, and this $10 Avon primer beats them all. I highly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I recently rediscovered this and fell head over heels for it. I apply it with a foundation brush and it provides a smooth base for my foundation.

Just an FYI - It has a very distinct scent of ozone.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by angelamdai

I originally bought this product because I heard it would make a good primer. I really liked the texture of this product a sort of cream to powder finish. However, it does not make a good primer for me. I have combo oily skin, for reference. I really wanted to like this. Even on days I don't wear foundation I tested this to see if it controlled oil and mattified but I was still oily by the afternoon. I would use this if you had normal skin but if you have combo oily skin like me you need a more traditional primer. My HG one is MUFE HD Primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by LillyRoseCat

I can't believe how great this mattifier is. It completely eliminates shine for the entire day, without drying or caking or making me break out -- and I have sensitive, extreme combination skin. Every morning I put sunscreen all over my face except my nose, because my nose is just too oily for sunscreen. Then I put the Magix on my T zone, including my nose, to control the sunscreen shine and the oil on my nose. I need only a tiny amount, and it instantly takes away the shine, reduces my pores, and leaves my skin looking dewy soft. I hope Avon never discontinues this product, because there is nothing else like it. A daily essential.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by farleyrider

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE This product!! I have large pores on around my nose , oily forehead. This minimizes the pores to almost none existant, seriously. Helps with oil, blotting late in the day still neccessary at times for me. This product is WELL worth the money, I stock up when they have buy one get one 1/2 off!! Love it!!