September 30, 2014 | 1023 users online

Fragrances - Parlux - Jessica Simpson - Fancy

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by charm22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is gorgeous, yummy and sophisticated...the bottle is stunning like Still by j-lo...it is my top 4 signatured scent! I love it! I get lots of compliments from this scent. It is a love at first sniff...lasts very long as well. two thumbs up for this scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by jayluvsmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this scent, I just gotta be in the mood to wear it. When I first purchased it I wore it everyday, I have recently started back wearing it maybe once a week. Smells like warm vanilla and caramel. When layer with the lotion it last all day. Will keep a bottle of this in my regular rotation of perfumes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really want to love this fragrances, but it's too sweet for me and it also gives me a bad headache after I wear it for a few hours. Very sexy caramel color with a cute bottle design. This is the only perfume from Jessica simpson that I actually really liked. I try it on a few times but it wont work with me. It's not too fruity or floral, just the right amount, but i dont know why i get headaches from this scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my to go perfume these days. I do not get creamy notes but a peachy tangy sweet scent. It reminds me of the peachy note in Burberry Classic. When this dries down it is intense sweet amberry and reminiscent surprisingly of JPG Classique edp! I wont needs Classique edo again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by victorialynne

I bought this perfume un sniffed based on the reviews. My favorite notes in perfume are vanilla and almond and anything gourmand, so I figured I would love this one. Upon application, it smells like cheap generic perfume....fast forward a good 20 minutes later and this in a nice almond, vanilla and amber scent. I do not reach for this one often (I have a ton of other perfumes) but this is a nice casual perfume to wear when I am just hanging out at home.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 4:59:00 AM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know that there are a few other notes, but this basically settles down to a nice warm vanilla with a touch of caramel.

I like Fancy, but my favorite version of vanilla is a sugar-milk concoction with perhaps a touch of toffee or caramel as in CSP's Matin Calin. I only wish Matin Calin were stronger scented, but I have purchased milk-sugar scented fragrance oils on Ebay that smell almost like Matin Calin, that are stronger and longer lasting (and cheaper). I also love the soft milky vanilla in Philosophy's Fresh Cream Body Butter, and in Lush's Sympathy for the Skin (they make this in a perfume for forum visitors sometimes). Lush's Honey I Washed the Children soap is a nice toffee-caramel-vanilla scent, but it's too perfumey in the balm formula. I haven't tried it in the limited edition spray, but I'm hesitant to shell out the money without testing first since the balm was a letdown for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by becky39

I'll try anything once, I'm totally game to try any perfume out there be it Chanel or Britney Spears so when I spotted Jessica Simpson's Fancy I took a sniff right away...the bottle smelled pretty good so I sprayed it right on my wrist and let it marinate while I wandered the aisles of Kohl's. I kept getting a nice warm vanilla smell but also a great bit of dill!! I kinda smell like a dill cookie if such a thing exists! I wondered if the sample had gone bad as I read the other reviews and they all sounded yummy not dilly! Sooooo My 8 year old and I went into Walgreens and did a squirt of Fancy in there, still vanilla and DILL!!! I guess Fancy is not for my chemistry...alas. :o(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 5:41:00 AM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I usually only like high-end scents but this is definitely one of my favorites right now. It is more floral than I was expecting from reading the reviews (yes, I bought this unsniffed...) which sounded like my dream scent! I love that it reminded me a lot of Aquolina Pink Sugar at first, in the sense that they are both very sweet, candy-like, vanilla-based scents. However, this has a smoothness that PS lacks and I agree with the reviews comparing this to Jean Paul Gaultier Classique. I would say it's like PS on the initial blast (sharper, sweeter) while the dry-down reminds me more of JPG (smoother, creamier). It starts with an initial fruity impression that reminds me of red-currants and fruity-floral scented shampoo but then it immediately begins to transform on contact with my skin into the most gorgeous, creamy dry-down - the strongest notes I get are vanilla and caramel. Men seem to like this too, in my experience they tend to love anything that smells quite prominently of vanilla and this was true with my SO. The lasting power is impressive as well, which is unbelievable for such a cheap fragrance. I love putting my top on the next day and smelling this yummy scent still lingering on my clothes. It's definitely one of those scents that you will catch yourself thinking "Mmm.. what is that yummy smell?" and discover that it's you! It's very "cute" and "pretty" and it doesn't take itself too seriously. It reminds me also of Flowerbomb but without the mustiness. The notes are listed as: sparkling pear, juicy apricot nectar, red fruits, dewy gardenia, night blooming jasmine, toasted almonds, caramel, creamy sandalwood, amber crystals, vanilla crème. I would say that I get no pear at all, but red fruits definitely yes for about 30 seconds, then almonds/caramel/creamy sandalwood/amber crystals and vanilla creme for the rest of the time! I just love it, it's so girly, flirtatious, cute and sweet - perfect for a date or for the day time. And it's so cheap, really if this had been packaged as Houbigant Quelques Fleurs Royales for 5 times the price I would have paid that... sometimes scents can be too pretentious and overly thought out and this just smells gorgeous!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Adrianlu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a tiny bottle of this around the Holiday season. It's a very warm sweet vanilla scent with what I think is a little hint of lemon and spice. Good scent for the winter if you like sweet scents. My SO really loves this one as do I.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by hermommy09

This was so cute and at first i thought it smelled amazing. i went out and bought a bottle..sprayed it on the next day before work and UGHHHHH. it smelled so gross and old hag-ish on me. gave me a headache all day! i returned it the next day. im thinking about trying the white one though