April 17, 2014 | 1726 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by spaghetina

I am not a mascara fan. Not because there's anything wrong with it in particular, but because I basically have no eyelashes to speak of, and those beautiful tubes of mascara pretty much only serve to remind me of my inadequacies. I have typical Asian lashes that are short, sparse, refuse to hold a curl, and even if they did stay curled, there wouldn't be any point because you'd still never be able to see them. Even curling with a hot curler is easily undone with the weight and wetness of a coat of mascara.

Enter Iconic. When an MUA told me that it was supposed to pull my forward-pointing lashes upward, I'm pretty sure I rolled my eyes at her in disbelief, and told her it would be a waste of time to even try it on me. But both she, and the other MUA that was working on me kept insisting, and I finally gave in. One coat went on each eye, and I was unimpressed and uncurled, except that I could clearly see that my lashes were much glossier. I left the mall without that tube of mascara.

Fast forward. I was in my bathroom, looking in the mirror, and became intrigued by the glossy lashes I could clearly see. I leaned in, and to my amazement, I saw long(ish), curled, perfectly separated lashes. It's a miracle! I don't know how this stuff knew what direction to pull my lashes in, but it sure did something right. Plus, there's no clumping, and they're slightly spiky, which I know some people don't like, but I sort of do.

For someone who isn't generally a fan of mascara, the fact that I'll be buying a tube speaks volumes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 8:38:00 AM More reviews by nsgboss

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love all of Dior's mascaras. I love using one coat of iconic to curl my lashes then depending on my mood applying one coat of either black out or extase. Works for me every time.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by peonia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

It did not hold curls well, and my eyes became smudge-city not long after applying. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by iacostamed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I've been on a mascara-buying frenzy lately, and have found myself disappointed again and again. The only two mascaras that have truly worked for me over the years, the way they promised, have been L'Oreal Voluminous (waterproof) and the original Diorshow (non waterproof). I'd given up buying high end mascaras because I replace them so often, but for whatever reason, I felt compelled to buy Iconic, even with its $34 CDN price tag. And now, I really don't think I'll buy another type of mascara again.

This stuff is near miraculous. The formula is unlike any other I've played with - it truly lengthens (my God, like nobody's business!), even thickens, without making my lashes droop. (For reference, my stick straight Asian lashes require curling with a blow-dried Shiseido curler and a coating of Shiseido Mascara Base before any mascara). There's also no scent (I remember Diorshow to have a bit of a nose-scrunching rose scent) and while you're not supposed to be able to smell your lashes anyway, the scent-free element still makes me happy.

You'll have to try this to really see - no matter how high my praise, this stuff really is to be experienced! It has far exceeded all my expectations and has just thrown out all previous favorites right out the window. Will I repurchase? Most definitely!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by kmvvp09

HG MASCARA FOR THOSE WHO WANT THEIR LASHES TO REMAIN CURLED THROUGHOUT THE DAY, WHILE LENGTHENING WITHOUT CLUMPING!! Here is my take on the other Dior mascaras:

Diorshow: great for volume, not so much for length, does not hold curl even when applied over my HG Shu Uemura Lash Curler and HG Shiseido Mascara Base.

Diorshow Waterproof: What? You call this waterproof? The minute you sweat or walk outside in a humid climate, you will find some nice black smudge marks under your brow bone that have to be wiped off throughout the day.

Diorshow blackout: Like the regular diorshow but darker and more clumpy...not worth it.

Now, my take on my personal favorite, Diorshow Iconic (regular, not waterproof: after my experience with Diorshow waterproof, I will stick with regular): If you have lashes that need to be curled at all times, and you do not like the clumpy, spider look, then I suggest picking up a tube of this. Your lashes will look long, curled, dark, and natural, and will stay that way all day long. The only other mascara that comes close is Cargo Texas Lash, although it can smudge. First curl your lashes with the Shu Uemura lash curler, then apply the Shiseido Mascara base, wait a few seconds, then apply Diorshow Iconic. Since it is almost impossible for this to clump due to the structure of the brush, you can safely apply a few coats, although it is not necessary. I prefer to apply Shu Uemura mascara basic to the lower lashes, since it merely darkens lashes but lasts all day without running or smudging. Focusing on the upper lashes and applying eyeliner only to the upper lash line (especially a very subtle wing tip applied with a natural brown powder shadow, such as Bobbi Brown shimmer wash eyeshadow in chocolate for daytime or Lancome artliner in brown or black for night) will make your eyes appear more awake. If you want to apply liner to the lower lash I suggests doing a very sheer, light brown or taupe/grey (Bobbi Brown stone) to the lower lash then minimizing it with a wet Q-tip. This will result in a subtle downplayed sex-kitten/ Briggite Bardot look without being too over the top. As someone who used to line her eyes in a thick black liner just for the hell of it, I am telling you, looking back on it, I now admit that look is very dated and cheap. When it comes to makeup in general, especially eye makeup, ESPECIALLY daytime eye makeup, less is more. My HG look for the daytime includes my lash routine involving the Shu curler, shisiedo mascara base, and Diorshow Iconic Mascara, Peter Thomas Roth Uber Dry Sunscreen mixed with 1/4 part clinique for men non-streak bronzer gel, a matte, brown based lightly applied bronzer (right now it is Xen Tan), Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in rose applied to the apples of the cheeks and blended over the cheekbone as a blush/highlighter combo, Fresh Supernova radiance pen on undereye circles and sides of nose, and Lip Fusion in Blush. If I have a blemish, I cover it with Mario Badescu drying cream followed with a dusting of bare minerals foundation in either fairly light or light. I can assure you, this look is fool proof, fresh, young, easy, and can be worn year round. I have experimented with everyday makeup looks for years, and this takes the cake. This mascara pulls the whole look together. It may be more expensive than drugstore brands, but it will last you six months. I know some people say you should throw your mascara away after three months, however, I recently read in a magazine that you can put a few drops of sterile eyedrops in the tube and it will help sanitize and moisturize the product. I also do this to my Shisiedo Mascara base.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by mommy2avarose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara has been nothing but AMAZING! I found my HG. It lengthens, curls, and thickens my lashes, and they almost look false! I bought makeup from an online friend and she included this for free, or I wouldn't have tried it. I have been loving it ever since. I will most definitely be repurchasing it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Btrflyjack

I just counted all of the mascaras I have right now between all three of my makeup bags and there are 19, ranging from YSL Faux Cils to Maybeline Falsies. Like many of us, I am a complete mascara junkie. However, I can say with certainty that I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER MASCARA AGAIN BESIDES ICONIC!! This mascara is so impressive the $28 price tag doesn't even make me blink my long, thick, gorgeous lashes. Just for fun, I bought Givenchy Phenomen'eyes the other day and I am running right back to Sephora to exchange it for my true love, DiorShow Iconic. If you are not patient in applying mascara, Iconic may not be for you; One coat doesn't do anything special. But if you don't mind spending a few minutes on each eye applying several coats (I usually apply 3) and running the brush through to seperate, then, do yourself a favor and try this product. I promise you will have the longest, thickest, truly false-looking lashes possible. I don't know if it curls on its own because I always use a curler regardless, and the curl doesn't budge all day with Iconic. It is quite water resistant which makes it harder to remove than most non-waterproof mascaras, but the extra step of using an eye makeup remover is a nonissue for me because the product performance is spectacular. If you are on the fense about buying this, please, go for it. You won't regret it! Oh, and by the way, I'm not a fan of regular DiorShow with its gigantic brush so don't shy away from Iconic just because you don't like other Dior mascaras!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Loveleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best mascaras I have ever tried. I’m definitely not blessed with great lashes; mine are short and grayish in the color. This mascara makes my lashes longer than I ever expected to be possible, and the color is also super rich black. I have also never experienced that the mascara flakes off (as I have with Diorshow); it stays on the lashes all day through. It can be a bit difficult to remove at nights, but with a good makeup remover you shouldn’t have any problems. I would say the best part of this mascara is the brush. Since it’s so wide and “full sized” the mascara gets applied evenly on every single lash, and you get crazy volum. Quite a few people has asked me if I use false eyelashes. The packaging is also nice, quite sophisticated, which I like.
TIPS: The Iconic mascaras clumps more if you apply it like you would with regular mascara; wiggle the brush back and forth at the base of the lashes. You should rather just apply it from the base and straight up. I know that "the wiggling part" is supposed to separate the lashes, but with Iconic I feel it has the opposite effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by dianaec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had a couple tubes of this mascara in the waterproof formulation and it's the only Dior mascara I enjoy. It's a MUST for my Vegas poolside vacations and my beach destination vacations. Also great for snowboarding. It really stays put quite well. My only complaint is that it always feels a little wet and goopy.