November 29, 2014 | 1166 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by shkoh91

This lip balm is extremely moisturizing. I first tried this product in the winter when my lips were chapped beyond any reason. Basically, my lips were flaking and I could not wear anything over my lips because...it was very unflattering. When I purchased this, I was not expecting much because it was quite cheap. After applying the product and checked my lips, my lips were extremely smooth and moisturized. I had no idea that a lip balm could do such thing. The only downside to this lip balm is that...it is suuuupppeerr pigmented. And it seems like...the color intensifies as time passes. Other than the extremely bright color and its intensity...this product is amazing <33 ^^

I would recommend this lip balm in a color of less intensity. The strong pigmentation of this particular color was the only downside for me personally.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 9:25:00 AM More reviews by sandykins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm! HG! After reading the reviews, I had to try it, and it's just what I was looking for: a red-tinted lip balm that makes my lips look naturally red and keeps my lips moisturized and protected. (I hate lipstick.) On first opening the tube, I noticed that the stick of balm is actually the same color red as the plastic tube. When I applied it, it went on very smoothly; there was much less drag than with waxier ChapStick. The smell is like cherry hard candy to me, and I like it. There is no sweetener in the balm, so there's no taste or sweetness when you lick your lips. And the color! I love the color on my lips! On me it's a very natural shade of rose, like me but better. The tint is so subtle that I think the reviewers who claimed this gave them clown lips must really be smearing it on. I've rubbed a lot in to see if I could get clown lips, and I couldn't! The color is nicely buildable: the first application gives me the barest color for everyday wear, the second gives me more, and the third is what I like best: a beautiful rose-red that defines my lips.The color stains the lips and lasts even through eating and drinking. I also love the finish: it is not quite matte, as there is an attractive, ultra-slight sheen to the lips. The feel is not greasy or sticky at all; my hair does not stick to my lips when I am driving in a car with the windows open (as it does with Lip Smacker, which I love nevertheless for the great flavors). Also great is that this lip balm contains no FD&C colorings. I wear this 24 hours a day. I keep a tube on my nightstand, in my tote, on the chairside table, . . . . I love this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by amydo

It is true Nivea A Kiss of Flavor Cherry is very pigmented. So for those of us who like more of a neutral lips will totally be disappointed. I was looking for a lip moisturizer with a hint of pink or red, I was shocked. It is really red. As for being a lip moisturizer, it is so dry, I was shocked again. Why would anyone even consider this lip treatments. I have many Nivea Lip Treatment like A Kiss of Shine, etc. and love them all. This one fails 100%. Plus with the big round tube, it is hard to apply and not get the red stain all over your lips and even on your skin. Yuck!!! Never buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by tricerat0psgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love cherry lip balms so when this caught my eye at CVS I had to have it. The scent is a very fruity, bright cherry scent with no hint of wax. The tube has plenty of product in it. When applied, it goes on smooth but also extremely pigmented and because the stick is a little larger, it makes it hard to apply accurately within my lip line. The color is a pretty deep red sheer on me and I have to admit it's great, but the formula itself didn't knock my socks off. Within a couple hours I found that my lips were drying out and when I went to reapply, the color caught on flakes. Flakes are a deal breaker. I liked the price, scent, color and packaging which is why I'll still give it a 3.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2010 4:05:00 AM More reviews by mellowdali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like the formula, its really moisturizing and feels almost like nothing. And I enjoy the scent too; its artificial, yes, but artificial like sour cherry candy.

But wow, is this pigmented. Its not the best shade, but tolerable. When I have it on, it doesn't look so much red as it does hot pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by elenaxxbeauty

ooh idk what to say ... except for that i love the nivea products... the lip treatments are great. most of the have spf and the cherry adds a hint of pink to your lips! so go and get this awesome products at ULTA PUBLIX and Walgreens... etc ... more placess!

thanks

elenaxxbeauty

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Chiney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you like soft red glosses, tinted lip balms and the like, try this one. It is a beautiful mellow red color, very subtle in my opinion. Tastes like, well, cherry chapstick (sorry Nivea)! Only 2 dollars and change at CVS.

Leaves lips very soft, too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by maomaouchi

I wish Nivea would just decide what this product really was and stick to it! I got this on a whim while at the drugstore because it was on sale for only a dollar and I was running low on lip balm. My lips have been really dry this winter and I've always heard that Nivea lip balms are great. I barely noticed that it said "lightly tinted". After applying it absentmindedly while working at my desk, I didn't realize just HOW much it's tinted till I walked to the bathroom. There was a bright cherry red color all on my lips, and it didn't look pretty because I'd smeared it all over my lips without looking! So be warned, it's pigmented, especially for it's claims. The cherry tint (when applied carefully, haha) is actually quite nice. It brightens my smile and has really good staying power. I'd say color-wise it's actually a pretty good dupe of Benetint. It's got a tiny, tiny bit of shine to it but really not much at all. As I said, closer to a lip tint than anything. However, I totally think that if they're going to make such a tinted product they should have different packaging than from their normal lip balms. Also, they should angle the top so that you can actually apply it to the bows of your lips more easily. In terms of it being a lip balm, I think it's quite disappointing and will be going back to my trusty mint-flavored Blistex. It isn't really moisturizing at all or thick and protective. The price is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by suzieqs86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

a bit too loud for me so i try not to layer it on. but it moisturizes and protects my lips from chicago winters! gotta love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have lip product ADD and can't stick to one for a second. I bought this a while ago because I have no color to my lips and it was cheap, plus I trust Nivea's moisturizers. Anyway, I was turned off initially by the loudish color and it hid in one of my purses for a few months. Sure, if you apply one coat, the color is barely there and fine but I need more than that to coat my lips adequately! I have really really dry lips and this works fine for taking care of that aspect. No lip product I've ever used has "cured" my lips-- I still have to reapply often, etc. I've recently started using this more because I don't wear lipstick that often and this is a step up from those tinted balms that don't seem to have any discernible pigmentation to them. IMO, I'm glad I bought this and it was so cheap I have no regrets. I can live with the color. It's winter and my lips and face are soooo pale so it's probably OK to have a punch of color somewhere! I'll keep using it till I lose it or it's gone.