October 21, 2014 | 2015 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by MidnightPurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a lot of eyelashes naturally so I like length more then thickness. Thickening mascaras make me look way too overdone. This can get my eyelashes so long and pretty and it never gives a clumpy look. I like how it never smudges or flakes and it washes off so easily. Wearing this actually helps my lashes be fuller on their own I think cause it removes so gently, it washes off with just plain warm water, the tubes just slip right off your lashes in little clumps. Its actually quite fun to remove it. I just love it. ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this mascara. I have sensitive eyes that water in the heat, cold, wind, humidity, basically whenever they are open! This mascara never smudges or smears and doesn't make my eyes itchy with regular wear (about 8 - 9 hours a day). Removes easily with my normal face wash. Very dark and doesn't clump. I give up expecting mascara to make my lashes look miles long, so realistically, this is the best i could possibly ask for :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by DieMyDarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG.

Thank god for this mascara. I have been a lifetime sufferer of racoon eyes, b/c I have that natural undereye "poof". NO mascara...high or low end...spared me until now!

Free at last, free at last, my undereye poof is free at last of the dreaded and formerly inevitable raccon eye!!!

Seriously though, use the primer, immediately follow with the mascara...you DO have to layer a lot and quilckly to build voilume, but without doing so you stil do get incredible lengthening. Soft lashes, too!

I love this stuff. It comes off so easily with warm water, it actually fun just to slide the stuff off my eyelashes.

I finally don't have irritated eyes from my mascara, either. I love it. The brushes are great and everything.

I could understand how people needing volume would hate it, but if you layer it really does build (but only if you have something to build on, I suppose).

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by engk916

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My voluminous mascara was getting old so I thought I'd try something new. I have short,thin and straight Asian lashes so I decided to try beauty tubes based on the MUA reviews. I was underwhelmed. The white primer dries too quickly for me to coat my lashes evenly, so by the time I got every single lash it was already clumping. It was hard to cover all of the white primer with the black mascara, which sucks when your natural lash color is black. Also, I didn't like the double-sided wand- it felt heavy and awkward to use. I loved how easy it was to remove though, and how my lashes felt soft with zero flakes (good for my contacts), so I tried practicing hoping to make it work. After 3 or 4 tries I gave up and retuned beauty tubes for another voluminous.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by amberlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this mascara! For starters, it really does lengthen the lashes and I even find it adds some extra volume. However, my favorite thing about it is how easily it is removed!!! Literally, just get it wet and it slides off, all of it!!! So much more gentle in terms of removal than any other mascara I've tried. I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 only because you have to be somewhat careful when applying because it can clump, but when applied with a little bit of patience it's beautiful! I've already repurchased numerous times, and will continue to do so.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

This is my go to mascara for special occasions, or just adding a bit more drama to my every day look.

Pros: Doesnt smudge, semi water proof, actually lengthens lashes.

Cons: HARD TO REMOVE!!! The directions say it will come right off with plain makeup remover, but that takes some scrubbing. The best way is to take a warm wash cloth and hold it over your lashes for about 30seconds and then wipe away. Sometimes that doesnt even work! I recommend that if you are going to use this during the day, just take a shower at the end of the day and the mascara will come off easier.

Also, when applying the primer, it seems to dry very quickly. If you dont move fast enough, it can be difficult to apply the black coat.

Overall, I enjoy this product and will always repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by monicaandree

I have mixed feelings about this mascara. I tend to prefer volumizing formulas rather than lengthening, and while this looks okay after several coats, I don't see enough of a lengthening effect to justify the $12 price tag. I will attach a picture, which looks pretty impressive, but in real life the effect is not that overwhelming. The primer coat is nice, but I found that I had to apply 5-6 coats of black to get a noticeable look. I don't go for a natural look and like my lashes long, black, and thick, and this just didn't do the trick.

However, the tube formula is really cool and I will definitely use this mascara if I am going to be going out in wet weather or crying, as it stays put.

Otherwise, I will probably use the primer with my Jordana or Carbon Black to pump up the effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only "tube mascara" I've tried so far, and I like it very much.
As I never wear waterproof mascara because I'm too scared of losing any eyelashes while taking it out (I already have so few!), this is my pick for days where I'm afraid my mascara will smudge, like going to the movies to see something sad -- this is not heavy-crying-proof, but stays put after some tears! It goes out easily under warm water though.
It also gives great length and good volume. I just don't like the time it takes to use the base first, then the mascara etc.
and I also have mine for quite a long time now, and it didn't dry a bit!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Cherryxz

At first I really liked this mascara as it was so easy to remove! I love the primer. But it dries so fast!!!! And the mascara part.. It didn't lengthen at all and it gets all clumpy. I notice that it smudges after wearing for >8 hours too. Maybe Singapore weather is too hot? Haha
I would recommend cyber colors mascara anytime over this! I am using megacurl from cyber colors now. Works wonder for me. Can be purchased online from SaSa!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by ebrack05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have FINALLY found the perfect mascara. My main concern is always the under eye darkness and smudging I start to get half way through the day. This will NOT smudge, no matter how much crying or raining is going on. Easy to remove in shower/when washing face, and less messy than other mascaras. Use black and white for more volume, or if you're in a rush, the black alone works well for work- it is subtle and never clumpy, and sure not to ever run. Seriously so pleased...I almost bought blinc, but this is even better because it provides volume, length, and stays put!