July 30, 2014 | 1625 users online

Concealers - Lancome - Maquicomplet Complete Coverage Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 7:29:00 AM More reviews by cavewoman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Maquicomplet Complete Coverage Concealer in the color called Brightener. In my search for good concealers for under the eye, I am always reading about how a peachy-apricot shade can brighten better under the eye than a skin-shade does. I tested this Brightener shade at the local Lancome counter at Macy's from a tester that was on a new display with a few other new shades of this product. Here is a product with just about instant gratification when it comes to results! Even the kind and helpful SA was astonished at how this shade worked for me! She hadn't even tried it yet since she said the shade was a new one. It was almost the end of a very long day, I was tired, and my eyes showed it. With just a little Brightener, my eyes looked refreshed, and the best part is that it does not give the tell-tale "concealer" look. It is very easy to blend and for me it did not crease or cake, and it stayed put til I removed it. It didn't settle into any fine lines, either. This Brightener does not dry down to a matte or powder finish, so it would be good for people with dry skin. The only drawback is the packaging, which is black, so you can't see when you're running out of product. The packaging is a sponge wand-type applicator. I dabbed the wand on my finger and just tapped the product under the eye. It is a very wet formula but also very opaque, it is easy to blend, and has a kind of luminous effect without being shiny or too glowy. If you've been looking for that peachy undereye product, give this a try.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2008 12:42:00 AM More reviews by lexigal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best concealer I have found thus far, though it is pricey as others have mentioned. I use this in Camee under my eyes, and to cover blemishes as needed. Usually it's tough to find one concealer that works on both pimples and undereye darkness, but this stuff is just great on both counts. It blends in so nicely that I just use it where needed and can forgo foundation completely. Doesn't seem to break me out at all either. I'm totally fickle when it comes to make-up, and this is the only concealer I have ever repurchased. Good stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by krislynn1987

YUCK! I have been using this concealer for about 3 days now and my eyes are very irritated. I have dark circles and it helped hide them but does not fully cover them. Beware if under your eye is sensitive

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by mango700

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this concealer, because the reviews were so good and the users at Macys raved about it. I haven't been using this too long, so I don't have any negatives yet - BUT so far it's working very well on my skin. I have tan oily skin and most things lift off my face after awhile - this product "stays put" and the coverage is fabulous! I haven't experienced any caking etc - but maybe it's because my skin is not dry.

I don't have severe discoloration under my eyes like some, but my skin has gotten a little dark in that area from stress & Maquicomplet hides it so well. I'm using a color that's a little lighter than my actual skin tone, but it blends in perfectly with my Shiseido powder foundation. I used to hide my eyes under my glasses - Now I'm not so paranoid and use my contacts more and show off my face. I'm in my early 40s and people think I'm in my late 20s - what an awesome compliment! I'll be using this concealer as long as it's available.

This is a great product - but the price is a nightmare for such a small thing - so I only gave it 4 lips. I purchased from Macys incase I wanted to return it easily, but I found it quite reasonable on ebay and I'll go there to purchase again. It's a KEEPER!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I liked this product but based on the review from the person below me I am questioning whether or not I should buy what she calls the cheaper equivalents from L'Oreal or Maybelline.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2008 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Ire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Matched very well with my skintone, wouldn't crease and covered dark circles very well. I loved the creamy, moistuizing texture, and the packaging. One of the best concealers I've tried. Price is okay -definitely okay for the quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by supernatural

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great for dark blue circles and rosacea redness. Even though it covers completely, it's very lightweight, doesn't crease, is moisturizing and looks completely natural in every light. I'm on my second tube. Application is super quick and easy. I don't bother with my good BB concealer brush. I just dot the concealer directly on my face with its doefoot wand and smooth it out with my fingers. It's about 25 bucks but the price is completely worth it.

UPDATE: I now get better results when I mix Medium Bisque and Caramel together first on my finger. Depending on my tan and on how much sleep I get, I just add more of one or the other. It's still a very easy process.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 6:29:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a great concealer and I have it in Ivoire. I use this under my eyes and occasionally to hide blemishes. Blends well and matches my skin perfectly. ALSO it doesn't change color like, sadly, MAC does on my skin. The price is a bit, ok a LOT, much but I bought it due to the color not changing on my skin. One complaint is that my skin is oily and I noticed that the Maquicomplet pooled in the creases, caused by not enough sleep, under my eyes. I did find this to be a problem but that can be fixed by using powder to set which I did not do when applying this for the first time. We'll see if the love continues when I use this more in the future. My favorite concealer BTW for under the eye area is MAC's Moisturecover as it's the most fuss proof product I've ever used in my life. A couple pats and it's all set (!) whereas Maquicomplet takes more patting and blending. Great item so far and will update. EDIT 3/4/08 Ok so I'm lowering this to 2 stars. This creases VERY noticeably on my undereye area. I'd return this if I could. : (

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

I'm a bit torn about this concealer. I've had it for a while now, but continued to try other concealers, still looking for that holy grail.
The coverage of this concealer is high to full coverage, and its lasting power is fairly good (better than most). Once blended into the skin, its texture is excellent, very natural, and soft. This can cover blemishes as well as dark areas or spots very well, and it's pretty good for under-eye use as well (though this is not as important to me).

There are 2 problems for me that stop this from being grail material:
* The packaging sucks. I mean come on! Lancome has been around long enough that there's just no excuse for designing a bottle that leeks and gets gunked up. This drives me nuts, as I am a neat-freak. I thought it was just me, but after reading a few of these reviews, I know that's not the case. If you travel with it (and I travel a LOT), you have to put it in a plastic baggie to stop it from getting all over other things. Even left standing upright with other makeup (where it's remained for some time now on my shelf) concealer gets onto the screw-together part even with normal use. Also, the sponge-tip applicator is just lame, and makes me feel like I've traveled back in time to the 90's - we've moved on since then.
I could get over the packaging flaws if it weren't for problem 2:
* The color just doesn't match my skin very well. The one that I have right now looks just slightly off at the time of application, but changes to be noticeably darker and more orange than my natural skin tone within 10 minutes of application. This is the big reason why I've had this product for a couple years now, and not finished it. I can make this look pretty much perfect if I apply it before foundation or tinted moisturizer, and use the second product to correct the color, but it's a lot of work - I want to be able to wear my concealer with or without other products (some days you want to cover a big zit, but you don't want a full face of makeup).

Next time I am at a Lancome counter, I am going to try this in the lightest shade, and see if despite prior MA advice, and my own instincts it looks better. If I find a color match, I'll edit this review to give it a 4, but with such awful packaging, this will never get a 5 lipstick review from me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice consistency, Light but still gives excellent coverage. Didn't cake at all and blended with my Teint Idole Foundation very nicely. It's expensive for what you get but to be honest, you don't need a alot to get the job done. Just a dab here and there. It didn't cake under my eyes and actually helped give the illusion that I was not sleep deprived, as aI usually am. Very nice concealer, I will definitely buy again. I do wish they had more colors. The Lightest one is a tad to dark but still blends in with my foundation very nicely. I believe there are light reflecting properties in this concealor that helps hide the flaws or give the illusion there of. I'm taking one lippie off for the price but other than that, I really like this concealor for it's ease of application and it's beautiful light consistancy.