Estee Lauder Sumptuous

Water, Stearic Acid, Carnauba Wax, Polyisobutene, Glyceryl Stearate, Paraffin, Silica, Isostearic Acid, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Olive Oil, Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Pantethine, Polyamide 6, Kaolin, Capryl Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Hexylene Glycol, Simethicone, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Iron Oxide, Manganese Violet, Chromium Oxide Green, Titanium Dioxide, Prussian Blue, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Ultramarines, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Polyvinyl Acetate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate / Sodium Acryloyl Dimethyl Taurate Copolymer, VP / Eicosene Copolymer, Panthenol.

I got this mascara as a sample in my Loose Button Luxe Box (Canadian version of Birch Box) and I love it! The brush is tapered, so it is more narrow towards the end of the brush so you can reach the lashes near the inner corner of your eye.

The formulation isn't too thick so it won't clump your lashes and it applies easily.

It does volumize and lift a bit, but you won't notice too much lengthening action.

Overall, I think this is a good product, and I'll be purchasing it in full size!

I tried many mascaras from high end to low end and sadly this one is a bad choice for me. I have very short thin asian lashes. Seeing all the good reviews on this i spurge on this. This truly dissapointed me because it does not hold a curl!!!!!! I always curl my lashes with my shu mechanical eye lash curler and after applying this, this mascara undo my curl. It does volumize and it does lengthen my lashes a bit but this undo my curl and after about 5 hours i notice a little bit of smudging on my outter lower lash line. I gave this mascara many chances and I am finally tossing it away. There's drugstore mascara that are much better than this like covergirl lash blast.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this as a sample as a part of an EL campaign. It is a good mascara, however IMHO Lancome do better mascaras. It does its job in building your lashes but other mascaras (such as Hypnose from Lancome) do it better.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG! HG! HG! As you might have noticed, I am totally blown away with this mascara. I don't need to curl my lashes anymore. 2 coats makes my lashes loooong, curled. No clumping too! I've actually had people (mainly my husband) can't get over how curled and lush my lashes look. This is a first for me. I truly think my search for my perfect mascara is over. Highly recommended!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

WOW!!!

This is an awesome mascara. I got it as a GWP. I usually don't buy high end mascara's because I think there are some really good drugstore products out there for a good price. I just might have to hit the Estee Lauder counter for this when I use up may sample.

This give great length and volume. My lashes look BANG, BOOM, POW!

I have short, straight eyelashes and used to use two mascaras one for length, the other for volume as well as my eyelash curler. After many disappointments ( all high end products btw) I tried Sumptuous and I will never buy anything else. I use EL lash primer first and apply 2 coats while the primer is still wet. The coverage and curl is amazing. It never clumps or flakes and I am free of the frustration of the curler. The brush is really well designed as it is tapered so you can manipulate individual lashes should you want to. The bristles grab every hair and coat them evenly from root to tip. The formula can be generously layered for drama without leaving you gunky but one coat is great for opening up the eye in a natural way. All gushing aside, it feels a little stiff and dry at the end of the day and I can understand that could be uncomfortable for some. Curling mascaras are stiff if they are effective and this one is. I use EL take it away makeup remover and I never have lash breakage during removal. If you have short eyelashes and you need lift, this is incomparable. I wish I had tried it sooner.

I got this in the gift when i bought one of their eyeliners. It's awesome. I curl my eyelashes and put 2-3 strokes on them and they look 2x fuller,longer, & attractive. I'm Asian(:

Well, one thing I'm happy about is that EL always packages a mini size in their GWP so that I can try out their latest and greatest without wasting add'l money for a mascara I may not like. It simply saves me a return. IME with EL, their mascaras are just not that great. The packaging is elegant, the marketing is intruguing, but the product itself is average. I found this mascara to be lacking in several areas. 1) The brush bristles are too soft to be able to penetrate my lashline. I prefer a brush with firmer bristles. 2) The wiper on the inside of the bottle could use an adjustment to wipe more product off the bristles. IMO if these two parts of the packaging are not right, the formula does not really matter. The formula itself was just okay, nothing special about it. So, if I wipe off the bristles and apply in thin thin coats, I can get the length and thickness I want, but this takes too long. I need to be able to apply this in one coat and GO.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

it took a few coats of this to get the really volumized effect i like. all in all it's a good mascara...not totally wow'ed and will still keep trying new ones

this product is better than drugstore mascara, however I feel it is lacking in "lifting". I needed a mascara that could hold a curl- and that was my main concern when picking one out. The lady at EL suggested this one- saying this is what she wears, and her makeup looked good, however you could tell she had a LOT of layers on. I like to use two coats at most. It does not hold my curl, and even when using an eyelash curler and putting this on I still have some eyelashes that stick straight out. It does make my eyelashes look really nice though when I take the time to apply it perfectly. Not an "on the go" mascara as it can clump.

Popular Mascaras