November 28, 2014 | 1488 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this product is better than drugstore mascara, however I feel it is lacking in "lifting". I needed a mascara that could hold a curl- and that was my main concern when picking one out. The lady at EL suggested this one- saying this is what she wears, and her makeup looked good, however you could tell she had a LOT of layers on. I like to use two coats at most. It does not hold my curl, and even when using an eyelash curler and putting this on I still have some eyelashes that stick straight out. It does make my eyelashes look really nice though when I take the time to apply it perfectly. Not an "on the go" mascara as it can clump.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

Extremely expensive and made my eyelashes hard. Matte black, dry/dusty looking, added no volume or length.My eyelashes looked stringy and stuck together. I am also certain that this contributed to, if not the sole contributor, to the fact I now have a patch of really short eyelashes, due to breakage. Since this mascara made my eyelashes so hard it was probably the cause. It looks so bad now, it's in the third, outer quadrant of my left eye. Needless to say I will not be repurchasing, finishing the rest of the one that I have, or opening the new one that I have (had to buy 2 to get a GWP). What a waste of money and eyelashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by littlemissbusiness

My ethnic background is half Italian / half Chinese so I have the length of Italian eyelashes but the thinned out Asian eyelashes with little volume. So, I always need a volume building mascara.

I previously was hooked on Dior but decided to try Estee Lauder's Sumptuous. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it works. I was in a rush and only coated top lashes with 2-3 coats and they look full already.

The brush is long so it is effective at getting pretty much every eyelash in one sweep with an upward motion. I'd love to try it on the bottom next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by danammelvin

First I have to say that I think its Hilarious that someone posted a pic of a sample tube!
Anyways, I loove this mascara, and I've used Chanel, Lancome, BE, and this is my top fav. It instantly curls my lashes and I can put on tons of coats without it getting clumpy. My tube lasts for ages (which is more than I can say any DS mascara lasts!). I also feel like it nourishes my lashes, unlike Lancome where they feel brittle.
Def. repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by benbaymom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for a couple of days now and I really like it. I'm really picky about my mascara so for me to like it, it must be good. When I first used it, I thought it would turn out to be a clumpy mess, but its not at all. The formula is thick so it sticks to my lashes, but the brush really seperates and defines them, and even after a couple of coats, my lashes are not hard. Its kinda pricey, but I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 7:22:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best Masacara I have ever tried. It lives up to its name to lift your eye lashes and make it appear fuller and longer! Even when you dont use eyelash curler beforehand it works amazing! I love love this. It's also great as it does not clump. I'm glad I got this. As I got this in Non-Waterproof. This is easy to remove just a swipe of cotton pad damped with water does the job. Love!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Rivulets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Definitely my new HG mascara.

I got a small tube of it in the estee lauder spring gift with purchase, and boy am I glad!

This product is able to give me the most payoff with the least amount of work in comparison to all of the mascaras that I've tried. The brush is perfect for getting every single lash with little trouble in the inner eye area, and it never clumps up on me. It definitely lifts like they suggest- my eyes instantly look wider and more awake with one application. My eyes have a tendancy to water a lot, and I am loving the water resistance of this mascara.

Overall AMAZING, five star performance from this mascara! The price is a bit high yes, but I think it's very much worth it. I have to go buy a big one now so I can keep the little one in my makeup bag! <3<3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Icaria

UPDATE: WOULD NOT CONSIDER DUE TO ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET 17/02/2012 I finally found a mascara that keeps my lashes curled. They're so straight that I have to warm my lash curler with the blow dryer to hold the curl and it dosen't always work. I realise now that the problem was the mascara. Wow, this Bold Volume formula is amazing. I curled after putting it on and it did the trick. The miracle is that they stayed curled and beautiful for a good 8 hours and for me that's amazing. During the last 5 years or so, I tried so many different brands like Lancôme, L'Oréal, Avon Maybeline, mark, Clinique, even Dior and Chanel as last resort since I'm not a fan of those 2, and none of them worked. With Sumptuous I almost feel like sighint the Heart song from the Swiffer commercials. I know it's ridiculous but this is a big deal for me. Having beautifully curled lashes makes me look a good 5 years younger and since yesterday was my birthday It made me feel less depressed about my age and pretty good about myself. I got it with a GWP and this weekend I will go buy the full size.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my goodness, when I first put this one it's simply amazing. I've never seen my lashes look this good. But, it doesn't seem to wear all day, even with Cils Booster underneath. I really want to try the Extreme version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I got a trial size of this in a GWP when I purchased my DoubleWear foundation and concealer.
I had my fair share of high end brands of mascara such as Lancome, Shiseido and Clinique (if you count that as high end), all seem so so, bnothing for me to rave about, soo I never really bothered with high end brands mascara.
Lately I have been discovering a new found respect for Estee Lauder makeup. Over many visits to the Estee Lauder counter, playing with all their makeup, I have not yet found one makeup product as yet that was a let down.
Sumptuous Mascara did exeactly what it claimed, volume and lift! This mascara is the best I have seen yet in terms of giving volume, its seperates my lashes so it looks as though I've got a ton of lashes, even upon layering the mascara it does not clump into a big goop. I know a lot of mascara, that claims to volumize lashes usually clumps and goop lashes together, giving the illusion from faraway it looks as though it is very dense but up close it just horrible. With Sumptuous whether its faraway or up close I still look as though I have a thick dense lashes.
I usually curl my lashes prior to applying mascara, and then wait for it to dry and recurl them again. This mascara lift my lashes so I usually dont have to recurl again after application, but if you were expecting those bouncy curls, then be realistic, it's not going to happen with any mascara out there on the market at all.
This mascara is extremely pricey here in Australia, I think it might be about $60AUD for the full product. I will be looking at getting this and the Turbolashes from Estee Lauder in the near future, right now, i just want to enjoy my sample. I suggest if anyone out there is looking for a great mascara, give this one a try, you might not have to buy it, just go to an Estee Lauder counter, apply some on and try it out.