July 25, 2014 | 1998 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 7:22:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best Masacara I have ever tried. It lives up to its name to lift your eye lashes and make it appear fuller and longer! Even when you dont use eyelash curler beforehand it works amazing! I love love this. It's also great as it does not clump. I'm glad I got this. As I got this in Non-Waterproof. This is easy to remove just a swipe of cotton pad damped with water does the job. Love!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Rivulets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Definitely my new HG mascara.

I got a small tube of it in the estee lauder spring gift with purchase, and boy am I glad!

This product is able to give me the most payoff with the least amount of work in comparison to all of the mascaras that I've tried. The brush is perfect for getting every single lash with little trouble in the inner eye area, and it never clumps up on me. It definitely lifts like they suggest- my eyes instantly look wider and more awake with one application. My eyes have a tendancy to water a lot, and I am loving the water resistance of this mascara.

Overall AMAZING, five star performance from this mascara! The price is a bit high yes, but I think it's very much worth it. I have to go buy a big one now so I can keep the little one in my makeup bag! <3<3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Icaria

UPDATE: WOULD NOT CONSIDER DUE TO ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET 17/02/2012 I finally found a mascara that keeps my lashes curled. They're so straight that I have to warm my lash curler with the blow dryer to hold the curl and it dosen't always work. I realise now that the problem was the mascara. Wow, this Bold Volume formula is amazing. I curled after putting it on and it did the trick. The miracle is that they stayed curled and beautiful for a good 8 hours and for me that's amazing. During the last 5 years or so, I tried so many different brands like Lancôme, L'Oréal, Avon Maybeline, mark, Clinique, even Dior and Chanel as last resort since I'm not a fan of those 2, and none of them worked. With Sumptuous I almost feel like sighint the Heart song from the Swiffer commercials. I know it's ridiculous but this is a big deal for me. Having beautifully curled lashes makes me look a good 5 years younger and since yesterday was my birthday It made me feel less depressed about my age and pretty good about myself. I got it with a GWP and this weekend I will go buy the full size.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my goodness, when I first put this one it's simply amazing. I've never seen my lashes look this good. But, it doesn't seem to wear all day, even with Cils Booster underneath. I really want to try the Extreme version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I got a trial size of this in a GWP when I purchased my DoubleWear foundation and concealer.
I had my fair share of high end brands of mascara such as Lancome, Shiseido and Clinique (if you count that as high end), all seem so so, bnothing for me to rave about, soo I never really bothered with high end brands mascara.
Lately I have been discovering a new found respect for Estee Lauder makeup. Over many visits to the Estee Lauder counter, playing with all their makeup, I have not yet found one makeup product as yet that was a let down.
Sumptuous Mascara did exeactly what it claimed, volume and lift! This mascara is the best I have seen yet in terms of giving volume, its seperates my lashes so it looks as though I've got a ton of lashes, even upon layering the mascara it does not clump into a big goop. I know a lot of mascara, that claims to volumize lashes usually clumps and goop lashes together, giving the illusion from faraway it looks as though it is very dense but up close it just horrible. With Sumptuous whether its faraway or up close I still look as though I have a thick dense lashes.
I usually curl my lashes prior to applying mascara, and then wait for it to dry and recurl them again. This mascara lift my lashes so I usually dont have to recurl again after application, but if you were expecting those bouncy curls, then be realistic, it's not going to happen with any mascara out there on the market at all.
This mascara is extremely pricey here in Australia, I think it might be about $60AUD for the full product. I will be looking at getting this and the Turbolashes from Estee Lauder in the near future, right now, i just want to enjoy my sample. I suggest if anyone out there is looking for a great mascara, give this one a try, you might not have to buy it, just go to an Estee Lauder counter, apply some on and try it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by mich52331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic mascara. I never would have tried it on my own, but I received it as a GWP when I bought Youth Dew. I normally don't use department store makeup. Previously, had been using Maybelline's Volume Express. The Sumptuous mascara lengthens and thickens without clumping, adds just enough drama (plus more if you layer). My eyes themselves just look so gorgeous when I wear this mascara? This does NOT flake or smudge under my eyes all day. However, when it's time to wash, it knows to melt right off of my lashes and skin. A mascara with a working brain, I like that :). EDIT I changed my mind! I bought a full tube of this and, for some reason, it now definitely smudges under my eyes by the end of the day. I don't think I've being doing anything different.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 8:03:00 AM More reviews by TrishyB

This is surprisingly good. I purchsed this after reading reviews as I had never really heard anything or tried an EL mascara so I thought I'd give it a go.
I must say, the effect is very similar to that of ysl's faux cils mascara, the only difference that I can pick is sumptuous' formula isn't as thick and doesn't dry as quick and the brush is slightly smaller and tapered towards the tip. Holds the curl, no flaking or smudging and can easily be washed of with water. It can clump if you apply too many layers. Other than that, a surprisingly good mascara for everyday as it does define and slighlty lengthen lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by yunjin1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Well, this mascara is absolutely wonderful. I am very paranoid with high-end mascara since I heard many bad reviews about them. However, this mascara is very good for curling your eyelashes. It holds the volume very well. I have been using it almost half a year. Really good product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 4:08:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an okay-to-good mascara, which does lengthen a bit, looks quite black, and stays on all day. The formula brushes on a bit dry, but coats lashes well. Unfortunately I have now been spoilt by trying Diorshow Extase, which is a simply beautiful product. I would use this one if it was at a drug-store price, but since it's in the premier league, I might not, because it's not as perfect as some others.
I don't like the way the Estee Lauder mascaras remove, either. You can't wash them off - they flake, dryly, with some agitation. This irks me as I like to preserve my lashes as much as possible, and fancy I'll tug the odd one out. However, using a cleansing oil or something that emulsifies in that oil-to-lotion way works fine.
Still, these criticisms are mild, really, and overall my experience with this has been good, and actually, I'm editing to say that its performance has seemed even better after a run of mascara disasters and bad choices. A reliable mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by meric

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to buy a natural looking , not smudy mascara that would seperate my eye lashes indivudually.
This was recommended by the sales person and I really regret to buy it. The consistency ok but the applicator is terrible. There is no way for it to seperate my lashes so my lashes are stuck in groups. Since I've bought it , the best I came up with was to wipe the excess mascara at the tip of the tube and apply it.