January 30, 2015 | 1835 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by klumzyrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in the gift when i bought one of their eyeliners. It's awesome. I curl my eyelashes and put 2-3 strokes on them and they look 2x fuller,longer, & attractive. I'm Asian(:

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by MUA23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, one thing I'm happy about is that EL always packages a mini size in their GWP so that I can try out their latest and greatest without wasting add'l money for a mascara I may not like. It simply saves me a return. IME with EL, their mascaras are just not that great. The packaging is elegant, the marketing is intruguing, but the product itself is average. I found this mascara to be lacking in several areas. 1) The brush bristles are too soft to be able to penetrate my lashline. I prefer a brush with firmer bristles. 2) The wiper on the inside of the bottle could use an adjustment to wipe more product off the bristles. IMO if these two parts of the packaging are not right, the formula does not really matter. The formula itself was just okay, nothing special about it. So, if I wipe off the bristles and apply in thin thin coats, I can get the length and thickness I want, but this takes too long. I need to be able to apply this in one coat and GO.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by nirvana9

it took a few coats of this to get the really volumized effect i like. all in all it's a good mascara...not totally wow'ed and will still keep trying new ones

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this product is better than drugstore mascara, however I feel it is lacking in "lifting". I needed a mascara that could hold a curl- and that was my main concern when picking one out. The lady at EL suggested this one- saying this is what she wears, and her makeup looked good, however you could tell she had a LOT of layers on. I like to use two coats at most. It does not hold my curl, and even when using an eyelash curler and putting this on I still have some eyelashes that stick straight out. It does make my eyelashes look really nice though when I take the time to apply it perfectly. Not an "on the go" mascara as it can clump.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

Extremely expensive and made my eyelashes hard. Matte black, dry/dusty looking, added no volume or length.My eyelashes looked stringy and stuck together. I am also certain that this contributed to, if not the sole contributor, to the fact I now have a patch of really short eyelashes, due to breakage. Since this mascara made my eyelashes so hard it was probably the cause. It looks so bad now, it's in the third, outer quadrant of my left eye. Needless to say I will not be repurchasing, finishing the rest of the one that I have, or opening the new one that I have (had to buy 2 to get a GWP). What a waste of money and eyelashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by littlemissbusiness

My ethnic background is half Italian / half Chinese so I have the length of Italian eyelashes but the thinned out Asian eyelashes with little volume. So, I always need a volume building mascara.

I previously was hooked on Dior but decided to try Estee Lauder's Sumptuous. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it works. I was in a rush and only coated top lashes with 2-3 coats and they look full already.

The brush is long so it is effective at getting pretty much every eyelash in one sweep with an upward motion. I'd love to try it on the bottom next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by danammelvin

First I have to say that I think its Hilarious that someone posted a pic of a sample tube!
Anyways, I loove this mascara, and I've used Chanel, Lancome, BE, and this is my top fav. It instantly curls my lashes and I can put on tons of coats without it getting clumpy. My tube lasts for ages (which is more than I can say any DS mascara lasts!). I also feel like it nourishes my lashes, unlike Lancome where they feel brittle.
Def. repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by benbaymom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for a couple of days now and I really like it. I'm really picky about my mascara so for me to like it, it must be good. When I first used it, I thought it would turn out to be a clumpy mess, but its not at all. The formula is thick so it sticks to my lashes, but the brush really seperates and defines them, and even after a couple of coats, my lashes are not hard. Its kinda pricey, but I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 7:22:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best Masacara I have ever tried. It lives up to its name to lift your eye lashes and make it appear fuller and longer! Even when you dont use eyelash curler beforehand it works amazing! I love love this. It's also great as it does not clump. I'm glad I got this. As I got this in Non-Waterproof. This is easy to remove just a swipe of cotton pad damped with water does the job. Love!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Rivulets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Definitely my new HG mascara.

I got a small tube of it in the estee lauder spring gift with purchase, and boy am I glad!

This product is able to give me the most payoff with the least amount of work in comparison to all of the mascaras that I've tried. The brush is perfect for getting every single lash with little trouble in the inner eye area, and it never clumps up on me. It definitely lifts like they suggest- my eyes instantly look wider and more awake with one application. My eyes have a tendancy to water a lot, and I am loving the water resistance of this mascara.

Overall AMAZING, five star performance from this mascara! The price is a bit high yes, but I think it's very much worth it. I have to go buy a big one now so I can keep the little one in my makeup bag! <3<3