September 30, 2014 | 1851 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Smashbox - Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by janetrachel75

The product seems very oily even though it is supposedly oil-free. It feels heavy on the face and my faced looked very shiny even after powder. I did not like it and had to return. The only plus is the SPF 15, but who cares if you don't want to wear it!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Chuppup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product :[ it seemed perfect on paper! i always wanted a good tinted moisturizer that gives reasonably good coverage really fast for days i just dont have time. But for some reason this doesnt do that for me at all. it seems to cake up, yet not provide much coverage, however if i did take the time to apply it, i could get it to work better, still i dont feel like thats what i want in my tinted moisturizer :[

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this on sale for 15% off so while it is a rather pricey product, I feel like I got my money's worth. I do not have any complaints about this TM. I was looking for something that really just evens out my skintone and this does just that. For reference, I rarely break out and don't have acne scars but my skin can get rather dry at times. Anyway, the only criticism I would have is that this product leaves a "wee bit" shiny cast to my face. I do not mean dewy, but full on shiny, on my nose. A little bit of translucent powder goes a long way for this though. This issue is not enough to deter me from repurchasing, will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by littlemissmach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really am gonna have to eat my words for disparaging Smashbox in the past. This stuff is good quality, and wont turn your skin into a gigantic oil spill. It absorbs easily, moisturizes, and even though it's not thick enough to cover imperfections, its buildable enough. I use this with a little concealer and some illuminating face powder for an everyday look.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by rrcoolmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Here is a little background- I am in my late 30's, the ultimate combo skin (The shiniest t-zone and desert dry cheeks/chin that sometimes flake). Skincolor complicated- olive/yellowtone/sometimes medium-sometimes dark etc...) Basically I've always had to mix 2 foundations Argg.

About the product- I got this in medium it's 35$ Cdn- pretty good since I've paid 58$Cdn for Chanel TM in sand. Which I love but spring/summer sun is approaching and you guessed it SKINCOLOR CHANGES AGAIN!!!

So smashbox- it's thick going on but once it settles onto your skin it's nice. I looked like I got 20minutes of sun, I came out of the gym look and I am happy. I have to put a slight dab of sheer loose powder to not feel like this TM is going to slide off my face. No extra oilies on me and no turning orange. I hope this is going to hold up for the humide weather. I so cross my fingers! As for color so far it's good, because it's a tint not actually foundation. A hint of color is always good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by MissKrimson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This tint is awesome! It's light in texture and evens out skin tone beautifully, while leaving the skin moist and healthy looking. Since it is oil free it moisturizes with honey and includes a spf of 15.

Trick: Use "Luminous" Sheer focus over any foundation as a highlight or under the eyes... it looks amazing and is a secret from the Smashbox studios..!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by boro

I absolutely love this product! I only need about a pea size to cover my entire face (and I have a very very wide face!) so it will last a long time. The formula is pretty thick which is a pleasant surprise for a tinted moisturizer. This product is extremely easy to blend and gives me an awesome natural pretty glow. It evens out my skin tone, but for blemishes i still need a concealer which is expected for a tinted moisturizer. There are 5 different shades to choose from and the shades run on the dark side. My color is fair.. My only complaint is one day i was squeezing the product out and it was seeping out of the top of the cap. (However it may have been just me!) There is somewhat excess buildup of product surrounding the cap but you can just clean that off.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

i was suggested this in lieu of my *beloved* Dior hydraction TM which was discontinued. what i liked about the Dior was it's good coverage (i was able to sub the Dior for foundation) and this does not deliver remotely on that front, it is very sheer. i use this on my forehead and areas that don't need any type of coverage, and foundation on other areas. basically this is just so i can finish it up, because for what this does i could just as easily use no product in these areas.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by infusion77

I want to like this product. I bought it in Luminous and it does do a nice job of quickly moisturizing and making my skin look better than no makeup would. Good for getting ready quickly in the morning. However, it immediately makes my nose shiny and feel oily. I am surprised at how few people have had this problem. I also think it may be clogging my pores. All of the sudden since I have been using this regularly I have had a lot of blackheads. I think it's an okay product, but I will probably not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by asham69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works great for me. I wish it a just a tad bit more coverage but it still works great. i have very oily skin and it dosent add extra oil to my face. It actually isnt very moisturizing to me so i use just a dab of cetaphil moisturizing cream and then use sephora's anti shine and then apply the smashbox tm. After that i finish it with mac blot powder in deep dark and my skin is absolutely flawless!!!!! Usually within a couple hours i am a oily hot mess but i can go almost the whole day without having to touch up with with the blot powder. I am so glad i found the right combination of products that help with my oily skin, lets see how this works out in the summer heat.