September 20, 2014 | 1776 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Powder Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by lemon_rosebud

I have the black handle powder brush. What else can be said?? Soft? Check. Easy to use? Check. Picks up a nice amount of powder? Check. Love it, I had been using the BE brush that comes with a kit, but have switched over to this brush. Will buy again if ever I need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by x3actress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do like this brush a LOT. In fact, I bought it based on MUA reviews! When I first bought it, I had gone straight to rehearsal for a play I was in, and had my brush with me. I went around bragging and tickling my friend's arms with it (That isn't considered weird in the theater community), and they all complimented how soft it was! Since then I've used it plenty, and have had little problem with brushes falling out. Only a few little bits here and there, but no problem. I love this brush's softness and even application, as well as it's cute contoured handle. I definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by skagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good brush. I bought it to apply my powder foundation. It does a good job of applying an even application of powder on my face. The hairs on the brush are dense, and I haven't experienced much shedding (even when washing it). Its probably my favorite powder brush I have.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2008 11:50:00 PM More reviews by tenbabytoes

Bought about 5 brushes including the powder brush from target. They are pretty quality brushes for what you are paying for them - however - after washing them about 10 times- the bristles are starting to come out when I use them. Cant say I would buy these again - but for someone who wants a semi-quality brush for not a lot of money - this is a good buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by meadowcroft14

I bought this because this seemed like a high quality brush that would work well with my EM makeup. Unfortunately, the bristles on this brush fall out like none other --when I'm done applying my foundation, I have bristles across my face, across my chest/neck, and all over the counter. I have been using this brush for over a month now, and it still sheds as much as the day I bought it. Also, the bristles are very rough. I am now using a very good moisturizer, but when I started using this brush without this moisturizer, my skin became very red and irritated. Although this brush has natural bristles and thus picks up mineral makeup well and gives good coverage, I just cannot look past the shedding. I will be taking this back as soon as my EM brush arrives tomorrow.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2007 3:23:00 PM More reviews by kimlovesyooh

I bought the white handle brush after seeing the great reviews here. The brush is soooo soft and the application is FLAWLESS. The reason I gave it 3 stars is because after about a month it started to shed like CRAZY and now I have to pick hairs off my face after using. ugh. Good quality for a drugstore brand, but because this will definatley not last me more than probly a year, I won't rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 10:47:00 AM More reviews by daphn3_t

I'm glad I swapped for this a few years back, together with the blush brush. Mine's the white wooden handle. Never had I once regretted it.

It's so cheap I could afford to have a few spares lying around (in case it doesn't dry fast enough after washing). It hardly sheds (well, maybe the first few washes/uses) and it is so big and fluffy! It is also very soft on my sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2007 6:31:00 PM More reviews by liz2010

This brush is great. Its soooo soft and full and applies my powder foundation beautifully and smootly. For the price $11.99 you just cant beat it <3

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by flufffycloud9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Soooo sawft.
For within-brand comparison, this is much softer than the Sonia Kashuk travel kabuki (which is not to say the kabuki is not soft, just not *as*). The quality has not changed over time - I have had this for about 4 months. In that time, It has shed at most 5 hairs... but I don't use it aggressively - just to apply and blend my powder after mineral foundation and sometimes to blend blush. FULL points on the curvy style as well. Totally adorable. One flaw - not sure if the hard plastic case was meant for on-the-go but it does not work well for travel- the hairs get crimped when I put on the lid no matter how carefully I tuck them in. The only way they could make this brush better is to make it as travel-friendly as their nicely compact kabuki.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

there's 2 types of brushes that you can buy from sonia kashuk. there are the white handled brushes and the black handled brushes. i got the black handled ones..and although it's quite expensive for a d/s brand..omg it's soooooooooo soft!!! i love it! i have a TON of brushes..i even have the very expensive 136 brush from mac. and i have to say this is soooo much softer. i don't know if i had gotten a bad batch of the mac one but it's starting to feel prickly on my face. this black handled powder brush tho is extremely soft! feels just as soft as my 187. love it!