MAC Saint Germain (Amplified Creme)

on 3/5/2011 9:39:00 PM

I personally LOVE this color. I would love it more if it was a Lustre or a Glaze, but it's an Amplified and it shows EVERY SINGLE CRACK on your lips!! That's the only bad thing about it.
Because this is the brightest pink lipstick ever!
I do love it, but it does feel a bit drying also.

I would've given 4.5 as this colour seems to pick up on flaky lips quite easily and is a bit iffy to apply (use your fingertips to blend it in otherwise it will be streaky on your lips) but i just love the colour. it is very barbie-ish but i think that if you have a certain look you can make it look cool rather than fake plastic-ish.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I thought I was going to absolutely love this, but it didn't turn out that way. And ever since the show Jersey Shore aired, the color reminds me of Snookie (not in a good way).
The good things: It's very pigmented so there's no need to line your lips; the color is unique; suits fair skin well.
Bad things: Drying; emphasizes dry/chapped lips; can be streaky if not applied evenly.
It's a fun color to have, but I won't be repurchasing.

on 2/28/2011 1:20:00 PM

This is a pretty bright pink lipstick with a nice sheen to it. I think it looks great on both fair and tan skin. I'm an NC35 and I love it on my skin tone.. The MAC girl that had it on was like an NC15/20 and she also looked really nice with it on..

on 2/16/2011 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

as someone who loves pink lipstick, this one gets a big ol' thumbs down from me. when applied, this looks like i made out with a bottle of pepto bismol, which....ew. i generally always apply my lipsticks with a lip brush so i can build the colour exactly how i want & even so, this lipstick was just harsh.

on 2/16/2011 12:41:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Saint Germain is a Limited Edition shade and is a Amplified formula lipstick. This lipstick was originally released in the Euristocrats Collection but this was only available in the UK. The second Euristocrats Collection, that was available in the US, was released in July of 2009. But this lipstick had already been released in the Sugarsweet collection in March of 2009. This lipstick is described as a Pastel Pink. This is a great lipstick. I love the Amplified formula. It is very bright. This shade is very similar to shades like Viva Glam Gaga but has more of a milky finish to it. I think it looks nice on my NC20 skin. Especially when my face is warmed with a bit of bronzer or I have gotten a little bit of sun.
Some similar shades include NYX Louisiana, and MAC's Melrose Mood, Snob, Of Royalty, VG Gaga, Blooming Lovely, and Colour Crafted.

on 2/13/2011 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

AAAARGH I can't believe that me of all people bought Snob because I found away to make it work on my dark, very warm-based skin with just one lip pencil and a little bit of just one lipglass, but THIS Saint Germain lipstick could never work on me and I am fine with that!

It's cartoonish in the worst possible way. Only someone who looks like Drew Barrymore could wear it because there was a nice pic out there of her wearing her hair in a ponytail, 'cat eye' liner on her eyes, and with possibly this same color lipstick on her mouth and she looked great in a 60s retro way...but it would never be for me!

I'm an NC45.

on 2/7/2011 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I am so in LOVE with this lipstick!
Best method of application for day time wear is to jus lightly sweep some across your lips and blend with ur fingers & ur left wiv a stunning lighter more wearable colour. Im colour NW20 and even thrown on my lips full on it goes well with my skin tone. I even tried it on my friend who has asian skin (light golden brown tones) & smudging it into her lips also looked gorgeous. Personally i think it suits anyone, just depends how u wear it.
Quite drying consistancy, so make sure you have nice prepped lips before you wear it!! overall great staying power, if ur in2 ur pinks grab this one for your collection!!

on 1/30/2011 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Fun lipstick! Not one for the office, that's for sure. I have only worn Saint Germain when out at night. LOVE the color, bright pink with a blue base, goes nice with my blonde hair and blue eyes - although you have to be careful with what outfit to wear it with otherwise you can look too barbie! I like to wear Saint Germain when wearing black or a more "edgy" outfit to avoid this, haha. One of my favorites, and I would definitely repurchase.

on 1/29/2011 11:38:00 PM

Now this is PINK. I think I can pull of Saint Germain, but I could be wrong. It's almost opaque enough to apply with one coat, but I always need to touch up. It bleeds a bit on me, so a lipliner is a must.

I prefer Viva Glam Gaga for my pale pink, but Saint Germain is a fun, boldly bright color that looks great with light, neutral eye makeup.

Popular Lipsticks