December 19, 2014 | 1244 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Porridge Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Elfarran

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this soap for so many reasons. The smell is very pleasant to me, it smells like brown sugar and honey and delicious. I love that it lathers easily (unlike several other Lush soap bars). And I actually like the oat bits. They make this soap stand out from regular soaps, I can use them to exfoliate in the shower and they get my hands super-clean without making my skin super-dry. I found that it is perfect for cleaning swatches on hands and arms, especially the stickier, more resistible ones (like paint pots).
Mine came with different amounts of oat pieces within the bar, they have settled on the lower part most likely during manufacturing. I've cut mine into smaller pieces. I made sure to have a 'less oat bits' part and a 'more oat bits' part within one piece, thus I can always choose if I just want to wash my hands or if I need the kinda exfoliating part of the bar.
I think you have to learn how to use this soap bar if you are concerned about scratching your skin. Don't use too much pressure and always build a strong lather with the palms of your hands before you apply it to the back of your hands and your wrist. The palms aren't as sensible to pressure and a bit of scratching whereas the wrists and the back of your hands are bonier and have less fat reserves (that can absorb pressure). So, use with caution.

Overall, this is one of the best soaps Lush has ever made. Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Porridge was not a winner for me. It smells syrupy sweet, like brown sugar or something. The scent wasn't all that turned me off about this soap... the fact that it is 90% oats and barely any soap was pretty bad too. Super scratchy and after awhile you are left with all oats and no soap. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by linds1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this soap - one of my top three Lush soaps for sure. I use this mostly as an exfoliator after I wash myself since the texture of it can be a little harsh for "soaping up" everywhere.

I wish I had a perfume of the scent - it smells like sweet brown sugar with a hint of orange. I know that sounds odd, but it is AMAZING!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by nonnen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite LUSH soaps. Smells divine... great for exfoliation, not too easy to use as a regular soap though. I use Honey I Washed the Kids for "soaping up" and this one for scrubbing! I wish I could eat it, it smells so good!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by MsSunshineGal27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product, because the smell is wonderful. However the gritty pieces are so large and rough I can barely form a lather when I wash my hands. I only received a sample of this so fortunately I did not pay for it. If there were less gritty pieces I would purchase, but until then I will only enjoy the smell when I visit LUSH.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by dearambellina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My favorite LUSH soap. Smells DIVINE! The grit feels nice on my skin and I am left exfoliated and moisturized all at once.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I've gotten this many times and have to admit I really don't so much smell 'porridge' but oats on the outset...then it mellows into a more brown melted sugar scent. I'm not complaining here...just not exactly what I was expecting any of the times I bought this soap. I mainly use it as an item to exfoliate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So far, this is my favourite Lush soap! It has it all..It lathers very well, it's creamy, it smells delicious, it's moisturising and you can use this as a gentle scrub too! Lush soaps last a LONG time, almost too long because I wanna buy new ones ASAP lol! Love the porridge soap!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by powderblue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Holy Cow I LOVE this soap!!!!! I don't even know how to discribe the scent. I usually like clean, slightly fruitly/citrus scents, but this one is richer and warmer. It has these little seeds all throughout it which I like because it's a light exfoliatation on my skin and yes they fall all over the place, but they're not hard to just rinse down the drain. I will totally repurchase this again!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by nullified

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I used to love this soap back when the oats where just on top, not throughout the whole bar. It is still a great soap and smells awesome, bit its just a little too on the scratchy side now.