October 26, 2014 | 861 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Porridge Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Porridge was not a winner for me. It smells syrupy sweet, like brown sugar or something. The scent wasn't all that turned me off about this soap... the fact that it is 90% oats and barely any soap was pretty bad too. Super scratchy and after awhile you are left with all oats and no soap. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by linds1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this soap - one of my top three Lush soaps for sure. I use this mostly as an exfoliator after I wash myself since the texture of it can be a little harsh for "soaping up" everywhere.

I wish I had a perfume of the scent - it smells like sweet brown sugar with a hint of orange. I know that sounds odd, but it is AMAZING!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by nonnen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite LUSH soaps. Smells divine... great for exfoliation, not too easy to use as a regular soap though. I use Honey I Washed the Kids for "soaping up" and this one for scrubbing! I wish I could eat it, it smells so good!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by MsSunshineGal27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product, because the smell is wonderful. However the gritty pieces are so large and rough I can barely form a lather when I wash my hands. I only received a sample of this so fortunately I did not pay for it. If there were less gritty pieces I would purchase, but until then I will only enjoy the smell when I visit LUSH.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by dearambellina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My favorite LUSH soap. Smells DIVINE! The grit feels nice on my skin and I am left exfoliated and moisturized all at once.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I've gotten this many times and have to admit I really don't so much smell 'porridge' but oats on the outset...then it mellows into a more brown melted sugar scent. I'm not complaining here...just not exactly what I was expecting any of the times I bought this soap. I mainly use it as an item to exfoliate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So far, this is my favourite Lush soap! It has it all..It lathers very well, it's creamy, it smells delicious, it's moisturising and you can use this as a gentle scrub too! Lush soaps last a LONG time, almost too long because I wanna buy new ones ASAP lol! Love the porridge soap!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by powderblue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Holy Cow I LOVE this soap!!!!! I don't even know how to discribe the scent. I usually like clean, slightly fruitly/citrus scents, but this one is richer and warmer. It has these little seeds all throughout it which I like because it's a light exfoliatation on my skin and yes they fall all over the place, but they're not hard to just rinse down the drain. I will totally repurchase this again!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by nullified

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I used to love this soap back when the oats where just on top, not throughout the whole bar. It is still a great soap and smells awesome, bit its just a little too on the scratchy side now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by xAysha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this coz of all the hype on youtube.. hm its hard 2 describe the scent, warm porridge, oat cookies with abit of orange added, 1st time i smelt it i wasnt too keen but its grown on me, my mum sed it smells realy nice an shes fussy lol. i dont get the bar wet, i wet my body then rub all over my skin in circles, it makes a nice creamy lather that feels silky, this soap is really good to use before using my xen fake tan, it cleans very well, while exfoliating nicely, without leaving a film or being drying!