LUSH Porridge Soap

3.6

Water (Aqua), Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera), Propylene Glycol, Pinhead Oatmeal (Avena sativa), Fresh Organic Orange Juice (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Labdanum Resinoid (Cistus labdaniferus), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Limonene *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 3/14/2010 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this when I've have a bad day!

on 3/14/2010 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

this smells delicious but thats about it. its not the most drying soap ive tried from lush but i bought it for the exfoliating aspects and the exfoliating bits are useless unless you take the bar and rub it directly on your skin which makes it go really fast since its a "softer" soap. even doing that doesnt provide enough exfoliation for me though, and i hate that the big bits are messy.im quite disappointed since the SA said this made her skin a lot clearer and brighter which didnt happen for me. the scent is like HIWTK, which is great but it doesnt last on me. im not sure if ill repurchase considering the price.

on 3/12/2010 1:32:00 PM

Smells good, too many nuts/seeds though. Makes it hard to clean with the actual soap and it gets all over the place. A little bit too exfoliating as well. Wouldn't repurchase.

on 3/12/2010 4:26:00 AM

I love this soap for so many reasons. The smell is very pleasant to me, it smells like brown sugar and honey and delicious. I love that it lathers easily (unlike several other Lush soap bars). And I actually like the oat bits. They make this soap stand out from regular soaps, I can use them to exfoliate in the shower and they get my hands super-clean without making my skin super-dry. I found that it is perfect for cleaning swatches on hands and arms, especially the stickier, more resistible ones (like paint pots).
Mine came with different amounts of oat pieces within the bar, they have settled on the lower part most likely during manufacturing. I've cut mine into smaller pieces. I made sure to have a 'less oat bits' part and a 'more oat bits' part within one piece, thus I can always choose if I just want to wash my hands or if I need the kinda exfoliating part of the bar.
I think you have to learn how to use this soap bar if you are concerned about scratching your skin. Don't use too much pressure and always build a strong lather with the palms of your hands before you apply it to the back of your hands and your wrist. The palms aren't as sensible to pressure and a bit of scratching whereas the wrists and the back of your hands are bonier and have less fat reserves (that can absorb pressure). So, use with caution.

Overall, this is one of the best soaps Lush has ever made. Will repurchase.

on 3/10/2010 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Porridge was not a winner for me. It smells syrupy sweet, like brown sugar or something. The scent wasn't all that turned me off about this soap... the fact that it is 90% oats and barely any soap was pretty bad too. Super scratchy and after awhile you are left with all oats and no soap. Would not repurchase.

on 3/9/2010 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I LOVE this soap - one of my top three Lush soaps for sure. I use this mostly as an exfoliator after I wash myself since the texture of it can be a little harsh for "soaping up" everywhere.

I wish I had a perfume of the scent - it smells like sweet brown sugar with a hint of orange. I know that sounds odd, but it is AMAZING!!

on 3/9/2010 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my favorite LUSH soaps. Smells divine... great for exfoliation, not too easy to use as a regular soap though. I use Honey I Washed the Kids for "soaping up" and this one for scrubbing! I wish I could eat it, it smells so good!

I really wanted to love this product, because the smell is wonderful. However the gritty pieces are so large and rough I can barely form a lather when I wash my hands. I only received a sample of this so fortunately I did not pay for it. If there were less gritty pieces I would purchase, but until then I will only enjoy the smell when I visit LUSH.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My favorite LUSH soap. Smells DIVINE! The grit feels nice on my skin and I am left exfoliated and moisturized all at once.

I've gotten this many times and have to admit I really don't so much smell 'porridge' but oats on the outset...then it mellows into a more brown melted sugar scent. I'm not complaining here...just not exactly what I was expecting any of the times I bought this soap. I mainly use it as an item to exfoliate.

Top Rated LUSH Products