October 30, 2014 | 1339 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Chrisylita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this foundation especially for summer. I have extremely dry skin and I find this product goes on smooth and gives my skin a nice glow. The only con is that its quite sheer so you have to layer it to get more coverage. would buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by makeupfeverobessiveness

This was the first high end foundation I've ever used and first MAC product I've ever purchased, as I wanted a new foundation and I got given the MSF by one of the assistant, I so wished they asked me what skin type I was!, and from this experience I'm not sure whether to go back to this foundations again. I brought it in NC20 which is an exact match for my yellowy toned skin however I've only just realised that it has been breaking me out whereas before I thought it was just my skin. I have since switched foundations and have notcied a difference especially at the end of the day my face no longer feels like a humid mask. I would NOT recommend for people with the same combination skin as I have which is very oily and acne prone. If you do use it at your own risk! :/

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by ilovealal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I Like this version of MAC foundation, however since Ive found my new love(check out my other review) I havent used this for a while.

I loved how glowy my skin looked and u can see it in photos I looked so good and defined because of the certain areas the light hit!
    COVERAGE: was a little difficult to cover redness becuase of how sheer the foundation is but I think it is buildable. I struggled to use with my brushes, becz I would see streaks but the end result is AMAZING.
    I had bought NC 30 this time and it was a perfect match, when I got the NC37 in MAC Select that was when my tan was fading and I noticed SELECT kind of did oxidise badly. This fndn did slighly but only once when I had it on for 12 Hrs!

Recommend for normal/dry skin maybe not so for oily as can get greasy on nose/t zone.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by rinroo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a big fan of MAC, just not this particular foundation.

Due to my combination skin, i use different foundations throuhgout the year. I tried this foundation for the first time this winter when my skin first felt quite dry and it didn't emphasise my dry spots which is what happens with other foundations, It made my dull skin look luminous and dewy. I apply it with the MAC 190 foundation brush and it blends really well giving a buildable light to medium coverage. It covers my skill well and at first gives my skin a luminous glow.

The reason for the 3 * is because its not good when my t-zone has an oily outbreak as it makes it look worse and clogs in all the wrong places, it then leaves me with shiney, almost glittery patches.

Good for dry skin...very bad for oily t-zone/oily skin

would I buy it again? No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I like it. Texture is light, but not as light as a tinted moisturizer. Doesn't dry too quickly, gives enough time to blend. The NW20 colour match is great for me (better than the Pro Longwear NW20, which I find too dark and too orange). I don't break out from it, either. I don't think it's spectacular, but a good basic foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by kristalblair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. If worn alone without concealer it doesn't provide the coverage I want; I don't have acne, but I do have under eye circles and a broken capillary on my nose. If applied with a nice moisturizer and a pink toned concealer this is a beautiful product. I have dry, cool toned skin and this is a bit too yellow so in order to even the yellowness out I use a Line Smoothing Concealer from Estee Lauder (not for lines, but because it is moisturizing and has a pinkish undercast). It can also cause a flaky look so I always use a creamy moisturizer for nice application. All in all this is an okay product, but I'm not sure I would purchase this again. So far, I am not that impressed with Mac.

EDIT:
    Okay, so I took the particular shade I got in this which was NW20 and traded it for NC20 and WOW what a difference! I actually really like it now, but it still can be a bit drying so moisturizer is necessary. It really does look lovely when applied with a foundation brush. I would purchase this again for sure. And, by the way for all you cool toned ladies out there DO NOT listen to the sales women at MAC and get NW to warm up your complexion because it will end up looking yellowish and fake! They told me that NW meant need warm, when in fact I think it means neutral warm. I'm cool toned, so I'll stick with cool toned shades thank you very much! LOL

Edit: Uhhh, I really don't like this foundation very much. After several uses I've concluded that it is just way too difficult to achieve the look I want. I don't want a heavy, cakey foundation, but this shouldn't even be named a foundation because it doesn't provide any coverage! NONE whatsoever! It also makes the freckles across my nose look WORSE because it doesn't cover them at all, yet it causes them to look like small, shimmery brown dots clustered together. Also, this foundation is patchy and is hard as heck to blend! Since I've had this for awhile I guess exchanging it is out of the question.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Axman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not my favourite MAC foundation, but that doesn't mean that it's bad (just not as good in my opinion as some others). It gives a light to medium coverage depending on how it's applied and that is just what I need as my everyday makeup. It blends fairly easily with the skin and gives a nice radiant shimmer that makes me look bright and healthy.

On the negative side it feels a bit to heave, especially since it is a mineral based foundation and it tends to get a bit oily after a while on my combination skin. To make it look good it needs to be fixated with a power, to take some of the shininess away. The biggest negative side though is the fact that it makes me break out really bad if I forget to remove it before I go to bed.

And to sum it all up, it's a fairly good foundation with light to medium coverage that gives a radiant glow to the face but tends to feel a bit oily if it isn't fixated with a powder throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by hockeygirl14

I was surprised to see lots of negative reviews on this product. It is my absolute favourite foundation I've used, and I always come back to it. I don't need a full coverage foundation - I have a bit of redness in my skin, but it's pretty clear and I don't break out very often. I think it's very light and gives my skin a nice, dewey look. It is expensive, but I think it's worth the price, and I will continue to buy it.
    I always wear NC20, and it matches my skin perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by shussai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hands down the best foundation I have ever used. This is the only foundation that I can wear alone without adding highlighter/shimmer and still looks great!

This makes my skin glowy and not matte. I don't like matte foundations...I like more of a dewy look. It photographs well! I wore this on my wedding and my skin looked flawless!!!

When I run out, I will def. repurchase this one!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by EFENN

Just don t like it,bad fundation ever