Ecotools Bamboo Blush Brush

4.5

on 5/28/2011 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Best brush at the cheapest price!

I am a HUGE fan of Ecotools - these are the only brushes I ever get as they're cheap, SO SOFT and do the job just perfectly!

I haven't tried Bobbi Brown or MAC brushes or anything, but these brushes are just too good! My set has undergone a handful of washes and they are still in perfect condition - bristles are still as soft as ever!

Recommend to EVERYONE!

on 5/23/2011 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

really good brush

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

At first, I despised this brush because it totally sucked up my powder blush. I'd swipe and apply, swipe and apply, and swipe and apply to get a reasonable amount of color on my cheeks. Finally, after consulting the wise women on the board, I learned to PRESS the bristles against the product. Success! It's taken some time to get used to the size and shape of the bristles, but I'm glad I picked this up. I think the quality is excellent, especially for the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Nice brush. Doesn't shed at all. Really good brush considering it's from a drugstore. I like all of the ecotools brushes, I feel they're all good quality. This brush picks up a good amount of pigment.

on 5/2/2011 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

I heard of this product from a friend a couple months back & thought I would buy them. I was told that they are natural and does not hurt or effect animals or the earth (so that's a big plus) I have had some crappy brushes and theses are really nice. They are soft, so for synthetic they are not rough at all. This set comes with almost all that a person would need to do their makeup, as a makeup artist in training I really enjoy theses brushes.

on 4/18/2011 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My brush looks nothing like the ones featured in the pictures here. Instead, it sounds like mine is a lot like the one the review before mine describes. The bristles, although dense, aren't fluffy. Instead, they're cut on an angle, curving inward to form a point. Because of the lack of a broad edge, I find this brush doesn't really pick up very much product. I tested this brush against the terrible brandless blush brush that I got as a gift from my mother, and the Ecotools brush didn't even work as well as the brandless brush. This is particularly damning, since I'm pretty sure the the brandless brush fell off the back of a truck and is made from carpet fibers.

It sounds like a lot of other people have had a great experience with this blush brush, and judging by the other pictures, I'm thinking mine might have been an anomaly. Personally, I wouldn't purchase it again, but if you're going to, I suggest inspecting the shape of the bristles closely.

on 4/16/2011 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This brush is too dense and tapered for my liking. Although the bristles are extremely soft, it doesn't blend in color very well and I feel that with this brush, you need to load quite a lot of product on it. I only use this brush for the more pigmented blushes.

on 4/12/2011 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

I absolutely love the density and feel of these brushes. I needed a brush to apply my loose powder. I found most powder brushes to be too big for my face so I picked up the blush brush instead. This blends like a dream, was easy to pick up powder, no scratchy feeling and define smaller areas. I had no problems with shedding or color transfers when washing this brush. It does take a little longer to dry than a standard animal hair brush, but I usually let them dry over night, so that wasn't an issue for me. Well worth the price tag for these affordable, great quality brushes. You would never know you're using synthetic.

on 4/9/2011 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Great brush! Super soft and dense. Just a fantastic line of brushes!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Love love love !!!!

these are FABULOUS!!!! Super SOFT ....AND DENSE !

now i love my Mac brushes .. but if your starting out and dont have a MAC budget ....these are great ...i just touch my face to them ...lol....soooo sooffttff :)

worth a buy :) i love them all

I have many foundation brushes ....and i bought one from this line...I dident have the shedding problem like the other swapper ....but i did have a smell problem....now it may have been due to me ....i ma have left it to dry in my make up drawer :s ....so it has a stale smell

i tossed it and never bought another.... only because i have many ...so if any other swappers have them problem ...im not sure

xox Nat