October 2, 2014 | 1739 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Bamboo Blush Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by CarolynKeene

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

At first, I despised this brush because it totally sucked up my powder blush. I'd swipe and apply, swipe and apply, and swipe and apply to get a reasonable amount of color on my cheeks. Finally, after consulting the wise women on the board, I learned to PRESS the bristles against the product. Success! It's taken some time to get used to the size and shape of the bristles, but I'm glad I picked this up. I think the quality is excellent, especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by MaeghanMakeupp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Nice brush. Doesn't shed at all. Really good brush considering it's from a drugstore. I like all of the ecotools brushes, I feel they're all good quality. This brush picks up a good amount of pigment.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by HaydenGabba

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I heard of this product from a friend a couple months back & thought I would buy them. I was told that they are natural and does not hurt or effect animals or the earth (so that's a big plus) I have had some crappy brushes and theses are really nice. They are soft, so for synthetic they are not rough at all. This set comes with almost all that a person would need to do their makeup, as a makeup artist in training I really enjoy theses brushes.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Jilliterate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My brush looks nothing like the ones featured in the pictures here. Instead, it sounds like mine is a lot like the one the review before mine describes. The bristles, although dense, aren't fluffy. Instead, they're cut on an angle, curving inward to form a point. Because of the lack of a broad edge, I find this brush doesn't really pick up very much product. I tested this brush against the terrible brandless blush brush that I got as a gift from my mother, and the Ecotools brush didn't even work as well as the brandless brush. This is particularly damning, since I'm pretty sure the the brandless brush fell off the back of a truck and is made from carpet fibers.

It sounds like a lot of other people have had a great experience with this blush brush, and judging by the other pictures, I'm thinking mine might have been an anomaly. Personally, I wouldn't purchase it again, but if you're going to, I suggest inspecting the shape of the bristles closely.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This brush is too dense and tapered for my liking. Although the bristles are extremely soft, it doesn't blend in color very well and I feel that with this brush, you need to load quite a lot of product on it. I only use this brush for the more pigmented blushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by sushiiflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the density and feel of these brushes. I needed a brush to apply my loose powder. I found most powder brushes to be too big for my face so I picked up the blush brush instead. This blends like a dream, was easy to pick up powder, no scratchy feeling and define smaller areas. I had no problems with shedding or color transfers when washing this brush. It does take a little longer to dry than a standard animal hair brush, but I usually let them dry over night, so that wasn't an issue for me. Well worth the price tag for these affordable, great quality brushes. You would never know you're using synthetic.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by teresa1083

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Great brush! Super soft and dense. Just a fantastic line of brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Kandiefashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love !!!!

these are FABULOUS!!!! Super SOFT ....AND DENSE !

now i love my Mac brushes .. but if your starting out and dont have a MAC budget ....these are great ...i just touch my face to them ...lol....soooo sooffttff :)

worth a buy :) i love them all

I have many foundation brushes ....and i bought one from this line...I dident have the shedding problem like the other swapper ....but i did have a smell problem....now it may have been due to me ....i ma have left it to dry in my make up drawer :s ....so it has a stale smell

i tossed it and never bought another.... only because i have many ...so if any other swappers have them problem ...im not sure

xox Nat

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by xiue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a blush brush and found this to be the cheapest option at Walmart. I always loved how these looked but have never tried! Seeing as I needed a brush that didn't break the bank (like my usual Sephora) I decided to give this a try.

Packaging, construction, feel and application are all pretty good! Sephora doesn't even package their brushes so I love how this comes with a plastic casing I can reuse when I transport! The back has a thing to just slip it in, and there's the option of putting right back in the sealed pouch area. Love that. The Bristles are really soft and keep shape without fallout so far (expected neither of these since it's so cheap). I guess I got a good one since some reviewers seem to have issues with this area.

The only thing is, is that I would rather use this as a contour brush since round brushes would be better to buff around blush. I'll use this for now as a bronzer/contour/blush brush until I get another type for blush application :) It does a good job without problems but I just want it to be even easier!

I will definitely go looking for other EcoTool brushes for eye/powder make up.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by QWERTY2345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Why are people rating this so high? It's too dense for a blush brush, not fluffy like a blush brush should be. You can easily overdo your blush with this brush because the bristles are packed tightly, therefore making it too easy to pick up too much blush. It's also hard to blend in blush due to its denseness. If you want a great drugstore blush brush, go for the Essence of Beauty brushes at CVS. I still give it 3 stars because it can be used for face powder.