October 21, 2014 | 1811 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by alicia182

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this. I have really oily skin and use this to set my makeup and retouch during the day. It doesn't change the color of my makeup or look dry and cakey like many powders do. Bit expensive but it lasts a while and IMO is worth it. I wish the powder sifter was one of those ones that could be shut when it is closed so if I am travelling with it, it doesn't make a big mess when I open the lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by noelrayortegaxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This powder is great! I use it as a primer for bareminerals and dust a little on as a setting powder. It absorbs oil pretty well and doesn't change te color or foundation or skin color. It feels so luxurious, which is maybe why it cost so much. However, it will last you a looooong time. Doesn't clog pores or irritate my skin. I am generally very sensitive and acne prone.

Don't let the price keep you from trying this powder out, it really is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by absinthe27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this powder. I stopped buying $40 foundation because this stuff makes drugstore foundation look pretty much the same. On a good day, it can make my skin look airbrushed, on a regular day it makes everything much more even then just my old standby - liquid foundation + bareminerals.

The only con that I have found with this is that it can make your face look ghostly in pictures if it is applied heavily or if pictures are taken immediately after applying...I have never noticed it in real life though.

I will use this stuff forever!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let's face it- this stuff is so freakin' awesome. It keeps my face matte all day, minimizes pores and holds my foundation on. Love it! You only need a small amount so the container will last quite a while.It blends easily into the skin. I did not want to spend the money on this so was using Maybelline's Mineral Power Finishing veil which is nice, but not nearly as finely milled as MUFE powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't use powder over my whole face, but I do need to set my concealer under my eyes and this is the best stuff I've ever tried for that purpose. It's translucent, doesn't cake, and just seems to anchor what can otherwise disappear in hours, as I tend to get oily in this area throughout the day. I've had one container for a couple of years and I'll have it for a few more yet. I only need the tiniest amount to do the job. I've tried similar HD/silica/micro powders, and this is still my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by herngc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why this product got so many low ratings i really love it. I use it with my MUFHD foundation and it really works well. It dosent give me a ghostly glow in flash photography. Actually i did test that theory out before i bought it and i didn't see any kind of white cast, Overall i think its a really great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by huntingjanuary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm not entirely sure what to make of this product. Have used it a couple of times and am not terribly wowed. I think I fell in love with the idea more than the fact that I don't really need this product in my life! I have no trouble in keeping mattifying my make up as I have no problem with oily skin. I do absolutely love the texture - super fine, super beautiful finish. However, it's not a must-have for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by mi55bonnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm glad I got the sample size. It's great setting powder but in my experience I don't like the 'white-cast' result in a flash photo.
This is also very light weight & made my face feel smooth. This didn't really change the color of my foundation. I use it over my Mufe hd foundation. It does not make me look cakey. My skin is dry combo and I have to admit that this only kept me matte for like about 3 hours before the oil started to shine through.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by wandaana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is honestly the best freakin' finishing powder in the world (for me). It helps my foundation stay matte ALL DAY - I literally went 12 hours with this on and still looked amazing at the end of the day. It makes me feel like I have nothing on my face and I don't have to worry about smudging or streaking when something touches my face.

The only complaint I have is with the packaging.. I have to shake the entire thing for any product to come out and then it tends to get everywhere and I feel like I'm wasting so much of it. I apply it with a kabuki brush sparingly all over my face and a little extra on my T-zone and around my nose.

The price makes me want to run away screaming but I just love this product too much.. I'll have to save up some money in order to repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by coralise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in November 2011 and I still have half of the product left! Do not fright and think that the white powder would be appear white when you apply it onto your face. IT DOES NOT! This powder disappears onto your skin as you apply. A little goes a long way! If you are like me who loves to put much of this onto ur face because you simply love the smooth, velvety texture, it does NOT make your face cakey! I live in a hot and humid country, I have very oily/sensitive skin type and I use this almost everyday with or without my foundation. It is quite cumbersome to use this, as it gets messy sometimes! I don't bring this out as it's quite inconvenient.
When my skin does not have any major breakouts, I'd apply Clinique's super city sunblock and set it with the loose powder so as to reduce the shine. It helps to reduce the shine on my T-zone (nose and forehead area) for about 2 hours despite living in a country with hot and humid climate. The sunblock also played apart in helping to prevent more oils from surfacing.
However, if I use the powder with my MYFE foundation (Shade #125), the powder only helped to prevent oil from surfacing on my T-zone areas for about 1 hour. Then I've to use kitchen towels to blot my face.
This is just an okay product for me not buy this product again. It is kinda pricey around $56? SGD. All makeups are right?! I'll probably try Chanel's Poudre Universal Libre.