Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

3.8

100% silica

on 12/24/2012 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I LOVE this product. I bought it on a whim, after hearing how flawless it made peoples' faces look, but then instantly regretted it reading the problems that so many people seem to have wearing it for flash photography.

However, I absolutely adore this product. It makes my face appear so flawless, and I've used translucent powders before, but with this I only have to touch up my t-zone, maybe once throughout the entire day. My makeup stays put for hours, and I have oily skin, so that is inane and amazing to me, since I've never had anything do this, even with primers and other powders. I don't know if it will hold up as well in the summer when my skin gets even more oily, but for now it is doing wonders. And, to add, I have NEVER had an issue with flash photography while wearing this. I use a powder foundation, and what I do is mix in a little of the HD powder into my cheap Avon foundation before I apply it on my face. I still get the amazing results, and it blends together really well - and I have taken multiple pictures with this on, and it still looks great. I used to use Palladio's rice powder, and it left a ghostly cast and led to an extremely embarrassing moment when I had my picture put in the paper, and it also didn't really help my oily skin. But this never looks flaky or caked on as long as I don't neglect on exfoliating once in a while, which I do anyway. A little goes a long way, so I know it will last a while, therefore the price doesn't really bother me. I never thought I would be the type of person to get compliments on my skin, but I have people telling me how soft and clear my face looks all the time. A+

I honestly don't think I've ever been this impressed by a product in years. So glad I purchased it. Will continue to buy every time it runs out.

My mom bought me this on my birthday a few years ago and I love it. It makes my face feel super smooth and eliminates any shine around my t zone. It does sort of make my face look pale white and its sort of expensive. But I really love this stuff :)

on 12/6/2012 10:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Not a fan, too much money for what it does and is way too light even on my fair MAC N4 skin. Forget taking a picture with this on as you'll literally look like a white sheet and it is very drying on the skin, showing up any flake. My cheap palladio rice powder works 10x better than this product.

on 12/6/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HATE THIS! I hate it sooo bad! I got a big sample sized jar in a purchase n I started using it and I absolutly hate it! It makes me soo oily I hate the consistency, its absolute GARBAGE. I DO NOT recommend):

on 12/6/2012 10:31:00 PM

This gives me cystic acne! I have oily, acne prone skin and I've just started wearing foundation. I use the Hourglass mineral veil primer and Urban Decay Naked skin foundation. These products do make me break out over a period of time but not like this powder! It does set my foundation and makes it last longer. But after a couple of hours, I find that I get more oily when wearing this. I stopped using this but used it once the other day and it gave me this painful pimple. I knew it was this because it was the only thing I changed.

It may work for some but it breaks me out!

on 12/3/2012 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Bite the bullet and finally bought this. Iíve recent switch from powder foundation (BeneFit Hello Flawless) to BB cream recently (Missha), and needed a powder to set it. Iíve tried E.L.F. which claims to be a dup of this, well...E.L.F powder isnít as finely milled, and I didnít like the feeling on my face when wearing it.

So, I went to Sephora and asked for a sample of MUFE HD Powder. It took me over a week to figure out how to wear it without having a ghostly cast on my NW25 skintone. Now I got it down pad. I only really need very little powder for the whole face. I pour little powder on my back of my hand, blend it with my index finger until the powder nearly disappears, then use a fluffy power blush to pick it up, fluff onto my face. Donít worry, although you canít see the powder, it is there on the blush.
This method sets my BB cream beautifully without being too matte and it lasts all day without a single touch up (Iím not into a completely matte face, and I have dry skin).

I will re-purchase it when I run out, but at this rate Iím not sure when I will need to!

Just a great product! I use Estťe Lauder Double Wear foundation and this powder sets it and I can go all day without needing to reapply.

on 11/17/2012 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I saved up my pennies to buy this because it's really hyped up. It blends my makeup LIKE A DREAM, but I don't see a difference in the staying power of my makeup unfortunately :(

on 11/14/2012 9:43:00 PM

yuck. a sales person from sephora suggested I get this so my skin would look matte in my wedding photos, and I fell for the hype that only expensive high end brands will photograph well. I bought this in white (translucent) and I absolutely hate it.

1. it helps make my skin a little matte, but not totally. my forehead and nose are still a little shiny after application, no matter what I do.

2. if you have even the slightest bit of dry or peeling skin, this will highlight it and make it show up like a beacon.

3. the texture was awful. I couldn't stand to touch my face after I put this on. it feels like cornstarch.

I have been using a loose powder by an inexpensive drugstore brand since the 90's. that stuff does everything I want it to do, plus provides a sheer bit of coverage. I will never stray from that brand again.

I know a 1-star review is a bit harsh, but considering how expensive this was, it should be a whole lot better.

on 11/13/2012 2:58:00 AM

Ohhhhh man I love this stuff! I have the HD foundation (also a HG for me) but this really helps it stick all day long. I took other reviewers' advice and apply a little bit before my foundation, then set it again. I work long days, and this keeps my makeup in place for 14 hours! I have a really shiny forehead (especially at the end of a long day) and this also keeps that in check so I'm just a bit glowy, but nothing outrageous. It IS quite pricey, but you also use so little that I think its fine. My HD foundation, for instance, is pricey too but I buy it once every 8 months, so not a big issue.

Video Reviews & Tutorials