August 20, 2014 | 2020 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by mi55bonnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm glad I got the sample size. It's great setting powder but in my experience I don't like the 'white-cast' result in a flash photo.
This is also very light weight & made my face feel smooth. This didn't really change the color of my foundation. I use it over my Mufe hd foundation. It does not make me look cakey. My skin is dry combo and I have to admit that this only kept me matte for like about 3 hours before the oil started to shine through.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by wandaana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is honestly the best freakin' finishing powder in the world (for me). It helps my foundation stay matte ALL DAY - I literally went 12 hours with this on and still looked amazing at the end of the day. It makes me feel like I have nothing on my face and I don't have to worry about smudging or streaking when something touches my face.

The only complaint I have is with the packaging.. I have to shake the entire thing for any product to come out and then it tends to get everywhere and I feel like I'm wasting so much of it. I apply it with a kabuki brush sparingly all over my face and a little extra on my T-zone and around my nose.

The price makes me want to run away screaming but I just love this product too much.. I'll have to save up some money in order to repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by coralise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in November 2011 and I still have half of the product left! Do not fright and think that the white powder would be appear white when you apply it onto your face. IT DOES NOT! This powder disappears onto your skin as you apply. A little goes a long way! If you are like me who loves to put much of this onto ur face because you simply love the smooth, velvety texture, it does NOT make your face cakey! I live in a hot and humid country, I have very oily/sensitive skin type and I use this almost everyday with or without my foundation. It is quite cumbersome to use this, as it gets messy sometimes! I don't bring this out as it's quite inconvenient.
When my skin does not have any major breakouts, I'd apply Clinique's super city sunblock and set it with the loose powder so as to reduce the shine. It helps to reduce the shine on my T-zone (nose and forehead area) for about 2 hours despite living in a country with hot and humid climate. The sunblock also played apart in helping to prevent more oils from surfacing.
However, if I use the powder with my MYFE foundation (Shade #125), the powder only helped to prevent oil from surfacing on my T-zone areas for about 1 hour. Then I've to use kitchen towels to blot my face.
This is just an okay product for me not buy this product again. It is kinda pricey around $56? SGD. All makeups are right?! I'll probably try Chanel's Poudre Universal Libre.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a silica powder, which is super duper duuuuper fine. It's perfect for layering because the powder is so fine, it doesn't sit on top of where you have already applied it and it blends beautifully. I wouldn't recommend this is you are looking for a finishing powder to add more coverage - which is what I usually like to do. But if your foundation covers up enough I would definitely suggest this, because it gives your skin a very natural like finish, really blurs any pores or lines, and really doesn't look powdery at all. I have problematic skin here and there, so I like my full coverage. Even with my liquid foundation and my concealer, I like to add coverage with my powder. When I need more coverage I just use my Milani Multitasking Powder on the blemishes or areas that need it, and then I use the HD Powder everywhere else. This powder is so fine that I can use it over my Milani Powder without making it obvious. My only issue is that it doesn't stay put or matte throughout the day, but other then that, this is a really good translucent powder. This is pricey, but I have the travel size and honestly I can see this lasting a good 3-6 months at least. There is so much powder in there and a little goes a long way for this stuff, so you get good bang for your buck.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had this put away in a drawer for a couple years and didn't really touch it and I'm not sure why. I think the last time I tried it, it was winter time and the finish was a little too dull for me even with my oily skin. But with the summer time humidity, this works great! See? It really pays to hoard all your stuff, even if you don't like it because there is a chance you will like it later! Lol. That's why my drawers look like a complete mess.
Anyways, It really helps keep me matte and it doesn't leave a white cast and I am about NC/NW 30/35. I read that some people who are paler than me have noticed a white cast...I don't get it because I don't notice a white cast whatsoever, maybe I'm blind. I also don't use a lot, just put a light dusting on top of my mineral foundation. Haven't taken pictures with this yet so I don't know how well it photographs. I don't think dry skin types would like this since it is a very matte finish. This is also great for setting the concealer for under eyes. I would've never thought to use such a mattifying powder for under eyes since I don't want it to look dried out but I saw a YouTuber do it with Tarte's Smooth Operator, which is silica based, so I decided to pull this out and try it. I kept trying different powders for my under eyes and I still wasn't completely thilled with anything I've tried. Laura Mercier's brightening powder would leave a white cast under my eyes and I know people loved it but it left my undereyes looking dry. Others left it dry or cakey looking. I was recently using Bare Minerals Well Rested to set my under eye concealer, which I still really like because it illuminates but it doesn't set my concealer as well as the MUFE. This really sets everything and that is important for me because I like using a rich eye cream and then a creamy concealer on top. Setting the concealer properly has really helped keep everything in place when I line my lower lashline, which was a problem for me. I will sometimes still go in afterwards and use a little of the Bare Minerals well rested to illuminate the area if I feel like it but this doesn't leave undereyes looking dry. Overall, I really like this product and I rated this as a "Yes" for repurchase for anyone that would buy regardless of the price tag but this is very expensive. I might try Garden of Wisdom's silica powder for $4.20/0.5 oz to see if it's similar quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this only a week ago and I am already in love. This summer has turned my usually dryer skin into a shiny mess. I hate having to reapply powder, or blot. I just want to be able to put my makeup on in the morning and now worry about it. This powder allows me to do that. It makes my skin look and feel silky smooth, and never cakey. It controls keeps me matte but has a natural finish. It is also great for setting my undereye concealer (which usually creases on me, but not anymore!) My only gripe is the packaging, loose powders will always be a bit harder to work with, I just wish the sifter had a closing mechanism (kind of like the laura mercier mineral powder) so that I can control how much comes out and not be afraid every time I open the lid.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

MUFE HD powder is the emperor's new clothes. Or maybe everyone else is seeing something I'm not. This is a waste of money and over-hyped. And I mean overhyped as in Nars Orgasm-UD Naked Palette-Mac Studio Fix-Shu Uemura Lash Curler type of overhyped. I know it's silica, but it looks and feels more like the baking soda I have keeping my fridge fresh. I don't know how people are using this effectively without getting a white cast to their face. If I use it sparingly, as suggested, then it just doesn't help. This isn't finely milled enough to diffuse lines or make a soft focus appearance (BE Mineral Veil is better at that, I don't even like BE). To me, it goes on more like a weaker mattifying powder. And I don't want a mattifying powder as my setting powder. What a waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's so-so. I used to use silica powders every day (went through a jar of Coastal Scents silica) and it seemed great at the time. Better than pure talc, cornstarch, French pharmacie brand powders, ... but now it's just not doing anything for me. I bought the MUFE HD loose powder again after deciding to cut out all aluminium from daily use. After a couple months of using Ben Nye's Neutral Set, which works phenomenally but contains aluminium, the HD powder felt intensely itchy, worsening over time, didn't do anything to hold back oil or sweat after 5 minutes, and didn't hold my concealer in place. To make matters worse, it's also a little over $30CAD. This is getting a 3 from me because at least it's not cakey, doesn't form white patches, and doesn't get that powder-keg look.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by nyousha1376

This is one of the best powders I've ever used, it gives me exactly what I want, not much coverage, but a flawless and somewhat Matt finish, lovely product

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by emilee246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have had this for a while and it still is very fulll. I honestly dont understand this product, like i am not a makeup guru AT ALL and I bough this because of the reviews. I still use it and I think its for when you take photos and it makes your face look more flawless, but I wouldn't say this is an essential product to have. I dunno, there is a dupe of this ELF HD powder that looks the exact same and is only 3 bucks!!!