April 24, 2014 | 1040 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's so-so. I used to use silica powders every day (went through a jar of Coastal Scents silica) and it seemed great at the time. Better than pure talc, cornstarch, French pharmacie brand powders, ... but now it's just not doing anything for me. I bought the MUFE HD loose powder again after deciding to cut out all aluminium from daily use. After a couple months of using Ben Nye's Neutral Set, which works phenomenally but contains aluminium, the HD powder felt intensely itchy, worsening over time, didn't do anything to hold back oil or sweat after 5 minutes, and didn't hold my concealer in place. To make matters worse, it's also a little over $30CAD. This is getting a 3 from me because at least it's not cakey, doesn't form white patches, and doesn't get that powder-keg look.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by nyousha1376

This is one of the best powders I've ever used, it gives me exactly what I want, not much coverage, but a flawless and somewhat Matt finish, lovely product

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by emilee246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have had this for a while and it still is very fulll. I honestly dont understand this product, like i am not a makeup guru AT ALL and I bough this because of the reviews. I still use it and I think its for when you take photos and it makes your face look more flawless, but I wouldn't say this is an essential product to have. I dunno, there is a dupe of this ELF HD powder that looks the exact same and is only 3 bucks!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not feeling this product. I'd much rather use my MAC Loose Blot Powder. This stuff is too pricey, you have to be very careful with the amount you use (or you WILL get somewhat of a whitish cast) and, because it's 100% silica, it is *so* fine that I feel like I'm wasting it when I use it, as it floats all through the atmosphere. To top it off, I don't notice it keeping shine away like I expected it to.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this is a very nice finely milled finishing powder, I will not be repurchasing because I have very oily skin and this did not help keep me matte throughout the day.
It does give a beautiful finish as a last (or second to last, if you use a setting spray) step to your daily makeup routine.
I just dont want to use a mattifying powder underneath this one, as I would rather just have one powder that serves both purposes. It is a translucent powder so dont expect coverage from this.
I would recommend just leaving a few holes open and then tapping it upside down and swirling your brush in the lid so you dont get powder everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by curlylocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After buying one of the travel size containers at Sephora and making it last for nearly 9 months, I just went back and bought another. I will say that I had trouble dealing with that little jar, so ended up buying an empty loose powder container at Sephora to put it in. I have to mention, that I don't apply this until an early touch up time about and hour or 2 after initial makeup application. And even then, with a small brush and VERY sparingly. Just enough to get rid of any shine. And then I'm set for the better part of the rest of the day. If you are having trouble looking pasty or pale, you are using way too much. Anyway, have tried Sheer Minerals and it just didn't work as well. So, was back for more of this. I used to use MAC Studio Fix for YEARS. I like this now because it really doesn't add more coverage, just gives you a nice, poreless finish. Perfecto.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by effervescentdolt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG setting powder! this stuff is amazing! perfect for everyday and clubbing! I have oily skin and this controls my oil pretty well. I have to blot twice a day with this compared to other days when i dont have this on, i blot four to five times a day. I thought this would break me out but it didnt and i have acne prone skin. Alot of people say that the ELF studio HD powder is a dupe for this...it is, but if you look at the ingredients make up forever has 100% silica while the elf one has other stuff. If you have acne prone skin, i would suggest you spend the extra money to get this

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

This is great for oily skin. I purchased the smaller version which is $15 I forget how many oz you get, but I love this although I've heard the elf HD powder is the same thing so ill need to check that out and compare. But this does control oil on me all day long, I've had this for a little over a month and I honestly haven't had to do any touch ups throughout the day since I've started to use this. I also like to use it to set my Concealer and I love it, I always get creasing and it wears off by the end of the day no matter which one I use but using the HD powder to seal everything really seems to be doing the trick for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

This has become such a part of my makeup routine that I don't know what I'd do with out it. It makes my face feel so soft. I don't have a problem with oily skin but my foundation can be sticky sometimes. I love the mattifying finish it leaves. I just hate the packaging and wish there was an easier way to dispense the product without wasting it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm glad I got the smaller trial size of this finishing powder (y'know the tempting little sizes they have luring you when you're in the lineup at Sephora?). It's an okay setting powder but in my experience, it's no better than MAC's Prep and Prime and it costs quite a bit more for what, on me at least, is the same end result. I've also heard (though not experienced it myself) that this powder gives that dreaded ghostly "flash-back" effect if worn for flash photography. I hope they've changed the packaging because even on the full size, it was awful - nothing to close off the holes/sifter so not practical at all when travelling. Anyway, it's a good product (make sure you use it very sparingly....same applies to MAC) and if you are really into MUFE, get this but if you want to save your pennies, MAC is a better purchase.